BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

-IC: Hound-

"Fia..." Hound's voice was soft and controlled when he retracted his hand, not dulled by hurt but by caution. The newcomer was a strange one, to be certain; if all "Fa-Toa" looked like this, it seemed that they were a particularly anomalous subspecies. "I am a member of the Denuian species. I believe you are the first Fa-Toa I have encountered; I hope you do not find me rude if I ask what exactly a Fa-Toa is."

-IC: Selaphiel-

"...Indeed."

With a slight nod, Selaphiel turned and exited the room, entering the hallway and heading towards the Knowledge Sector to see exactly what kind of species the strange being belonged to

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: "Magnetism. Let me guess, no matoran or toa where you're from. Explains why you're getting advice on fighting them." She snarled before continuing, "If you want to learn how to fight toa, the best bet is to actually fight them. Words has no bearing on the battlefield." Bitterness crept into her voice as she continued, "Only trust your fists. Theory will never help you."

IC: Halken trundled along behind Ilyin. Quietly, even, for once in his life. The tunnel had proved to have little worth commenting on past the torch sconce, leaving him naught to joke about. As the silence stretched on, he finally found a topic to speak on.

"I was unaware there was a universe where matoran possessed hair," he rumbled to his companion.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Lekona - Training Sector

"Maybe. Depends on how big the spaces here are." Lekona responded, as he entered the Training Sector and started scanning the area for the Vo-Matoran. After a bit of searching, he spotted Elittra coming out of some chamber, so Lekona triggered his Kualsi and teleported next to the Vo-Matoran.

"Hey, Elittra!" Lekona said, as he signaled for Olari and Zakaro.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC - Ilyin:

"Keep looking!" I replied semi-cheerfully to Halken, continuing to walk along. "I'm the only one. It's the side-effect of some mutations that the Brotherhood of Makuta tried to do to me. They weren't sure how they did it, and before they could figure out how they did it I killed them all and broke free."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC-Harami

Harami Tried lifting the downed, wounded Wyvern, and started to carry it towards the medical bay. However, he was much heavier than she expected, and was worried he wouldn't be able to make it to the Medical bay in time. "Hey!" She called around to the surrounding area. "We need a medic right here! Can anyone help us?"

OOC

Requesting someone to either;

1: Apply on-the-spot medical attention to Vorzin

2: Help him get to the Med bay

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne spotted a Toa trying to lift a wounded dragon and move him. She gritted her teeth and walked over, and picked up the other half of the Wyvern. "Let's move."

GM IC: ELITTRA - TRAINING SECTOR

She smiled softly at the familiar sight of Lekona, along with two other fighters she did not recognize. Adjusting her scarf, she walked over to them.

"Hey," she said. "How did the... rest of the round go?"

GM IC: ALBRECHT + NOCTON

As Albrecht and Nocton finished crossing the gap, a golden-armored, Toa-like being flickered into view. 

I would say that was impressive, but then... I don't believe that you have even truly figured it out yet, have you?

GM IC: XAERAZ + LYTREL

As the two fighters rounded the next corner, they found themselves face to face with a hulking figure with gray and purple armor blocking the path. They wore a Kanohi Pakari, and as Xaeraz and Lytrel drew near, it was becoming harder to pull their feet up off of the ground.

"A good day to the both of you," the hulking figure said, the words rumbling from their throat. "Who might you be, and what is your purpose in this maze?"

GM IC: VON WORTEN + NOCTON

With the two fighters having not yet advanced, they would both feel the increasing heat as a soft orange glow began to light the room from behind them; crackling and popping could also be heard.

GM IC: QUEEN + KOPEN

Hopefully, it will indeed be that easy, the Queen replied. But of course, you would be correct in assuming that it probably will not be. I have no idea what it will be like... not anymore.

IC: Lekona - Training Sector

"You didn't miss much," Lekona responded with a shrug. "Artorre and I went looking for someone to fight, and just when we found someone, the round ended."

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Terry Terrix - Commercial Sector. 

"G'day, mates!" the Toa with the legs of a Tarakava - or was it a Tarakava with the body of a Toa? - rolled into the Commercial Sector, blue eyes gleaming mischievously and a lopsided grin plastered on his handsome face.

A grin which soon faded. "What the flamin' heck happened in 'ere?" 

OOC: Terry Terrix open for interaction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lytrel

"... Sone gold colored psychic figure dumped us in here; apparently the only way out of this maze is through the other side."

"... Oh, right. My name's Lytrel; my companion here is Xaeraz."

Lytrel was looking down at his feet the whole time; if the hulk was good with recognizing social cues, they might notice that he was essentially doing a textbook walk of shame.

IC: Minami

"Those automatons opened fire in a crowded space," Minami replied matter-of-factly as she transported the injured to the medbay.

IC: Sudrec

"I suppose we should check it out then," Sudrec shrugged and began walking in the direction the Enforcer had gone.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC Nocton:

"Uh oh...", Nocton muttered. Reaching out with his power, shadows solidified in a coating around the first laser, not disturbing it but blocking anything from touching it.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC - Artorre (Tunnel - Gem of ???):

Artorre stopped, and bent over, panting, his hands resting on his knees. He had been running particularly fast, so he was quite puzzled to find that he had gotten no closer to the exit. His confusion only deepened when Ten began to walk backwards. Without any better ideas, he began to do the same. He looked over to his Av-Toa companion. "Do you know how to moonwalk?"

IC - Lierdon (Cafeteria):

The tan-colored Skakdi emerged from his room in the Comfort Sector. Mere minutes ago, he had been on his way to have his eyes scooped out, and now, he was in some strange sort of facility. A video that was, as best he could tell, intended for new contestants in the "Bionifight", had mostly escaped him. Why was he here? He couldn't claim to be upset, when he took his former predicament into consideration, but he hadn't signed up for anything like this. Did they just abduct people for their tournament? Determined to get to the bottom of this, Lierdon wandered the facility, looking for the administrators. He didn't find them, but he did find the food court. He took a look inside, and was about to pass by the room, when he noticed some sort of wounded dragon-like creature being hauled away. He rushed over to see what was going on. He was just about to ask that, but was beaten to the punch by a strange being, which he recognized as being similar to "Toa". Though the Skakdi was unfamiliar with Toa, he was even less familiar with the other species present in the immediate vicinity.

"I'm wondering the same thing, bruv," he said, speaking to Terry. "I'm wondering a lot of things, in fact. For example, just how did I get here?"

"How would I know how you got 'ere?" Terry frowned at the stranger. "Do I look like one of 'em psychic types to you?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC - Artorre (Tunnel - Gem of ???):

"Can't argue with that logic, I guess."

Unfazed by Terry's abrasiveness, Lierdon smiled warmly. "Of course not," He said, "my mistake." He spoke next to Ismekne. Though the smile remained on his face, and he gave every impression of being a kindly, old Skakdi, it became clear as walked along with the Ga-Toa that he had no intention of helping carry the wyvern.

"Might you know anything about this place? Or, barring that, could you point me towards someone who does?"

"I need a beer." 

• Upvote 2

Unfazed by Terry's abrasiveness, Lierdon smiled warmly. "Of course not," He said, "my mistake." He spoke next to Ismekne. Though the smile remained on his face, and he gave every impression of being a kindly, old Skakdi, it became clear as walked along with the Ga-Toa that he had no intention of helping carry the wyvern.

"Might you know anything about this place? Or, barring that, could you point me towards someone who does?"

IC(Ismekne): "Go ask someone else who isn't hauling meat around," Ismekne snapped. 

Suppressing a brief, murderous gleam in his eyes, the Skakdi merely bowed his head. "Of course. How inconsiderate of me!" Because we all know how hard it is to walk and talk, he added mentally. Also, your grammar implied you weren't hauling meat around. He spun on his heel, surveying the gathered crowd. Deciding that not all of them could be dullards, he took another pick, his eyes settling this time upon Dayeth. To make it extra easy, he simplified the question: "Do you know anyone who can help me?" He asked, struggling not to speak slowly out of patronage.

IC: Dayeth - Commercial Sector.

Tearing her eyes away from the colossus she was still death-staring, Dayeth focused her attention on the being who'd approached her. "Help you with what?" He didn't look like one of the injured. 

He wasn't immediately redirected.

This one was promising.

"Well, you see, I was just snatched out of--" He nearly slipped and said 'prison' there. He'd have to be more careful. "...My bed, and I really just have... well, I have no idea what this place is."

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

IC: Dayeth - Commercial Sector.

Oh, another new contestant? Suddenly his line of questioning made a lot more sense. "This is the Bionifight tournament," she remarked dryly, "where some sick, twisted individuals kidnap people from their home universes and throw them all in an arena to fight." 

-IC:-

Hound didn't nod or verbally agree, but his stare spoke volumes. This was another being who had been hardened by violence, tempered in the death of others; if nothing else, he respect her for that. "And are fists enough? Speed, strength, agility; will these enable me to avoid offensives and respond in kind? I am uncertain as to how useful increased locomotion will be against a Toa who controls electricity or light."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Mirror - Gem of ??? Tunnel

Mirror flinched as the torch split, but he couldn't resist letting out a sigh of relief. "I thought you... meant something else," he murmured softly.

He stepped up to snatch the torch away before anyone could reconsider. "Let's... get moving and get this over with."

IC: Arkrax - Knowledge Sector

Arkrax maneuvered Selox out the door and around the corner before allowing himself to slip back into his own mind. The box jumped out of the robot's hand and the flickering blue projection appeared before him.

"Apologies," said Arkrax in a low voice, "But your ~ cooperation ~ was necessary to escape ~ those that would wish to ~ manipulate my skills."

IC Selox:

Selox, as soon as motor control was regained, had his buzzsaw and blaster out in an instant. When the projection began to speak, he listened cautiously. A fight against this being would turn out badly for him, and learning more baout this place would be good.... "Apology accepted. I would rather..... protect you voluntarily in the future." Selox thought a moment. "Do you enjoy fighting?"

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: "Nobody likes Vo or Av toa. Nobody. Karzing slagbuckets are better off dead, the lot of them. The best bet I've found against them is to get them before they know you're there. That, or immobilize them and tear off their arms." Fia paused and let herself float up off the floor with her magnetic power before continuing, "Kanohi in general are a good target. Anyone who wears one is weaker without it. Knock it off and they're going to have a much harder time fighting back."

IC: "Like Lytrel said, I'm Xaeraz," He said slowly, trying to take a step back. His mind began rushing through what could possibly be impeding them so much, to no immediate avail. "And we're trying to get out, like my 'friend' here said."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

GM IC: XAERAZ + LYTREL

The gray and purple armored being nodded, calmly observing them as Xaeraz tried to step back and failed, his foot remaining attached to the ground. The hulking being's gaze rested on Lytrel for several seconds, analyzing the Toa's 'walk of shame' pose. Was the fighter merely faking, or was it real?  

It did not matter, in the end.

With a sigh, the figure spoke. "As you have given me your names, so I shall give you mine. I am Nomex, Toa of Gravity... and I am afraid that it is my job to make sure you do not get through this maze."

Edited by Lucina

IC: Tahnok Nuva

With the exit in front of hime, he turned to Werl to beckon him over.

"If you wish to escape, make your way over! I'll keep the falsehoods at bay!" He exclaimed, now focusing his gem towards the platforms around Werl.

IC: The Skull Carrier

Not awaiting in answer, he set his remaining spiders to work sealing up the wounds of the injured that remained, to ensure that when medics did arrive, they would not arrive too late to save those who had not yet received attention. Meanwhile, Spindle decided that its plan was no longer worth it and abandoned its disguise to return to its master.

(OOC: So that mask is up for grabs if anyone wants a souvenir. Also, the spiders are open to be interacted with while they work. Currently waiting for Kale Ironshaper to respond)

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Virse - Training Sector

Virse suddenly chose this moment to speak up. "Blasphemy!" she cried with surprising energy. "You are not worthy to defame the name of the Great Toa of Light!"

IC: Arkrax - Upper Hallways

He remained impassive in the face of danger, though that may be because an emotional response would be a waste of precious energy. "I do not ~ fight ~ for pleasure. Only to ~ help those ~ in need. Your ~ assistance would be ~ appreciated."

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

"How... reassuring," Kopen snapped. Conversation was doing little to lighten her mood... or ease her fears.

She fell silent and cast her clicks ahead, listening carefully to the echoes for any sign of danger.

IC: "Shut up," Fia snarled in response, fixing Virse with an absolutely withering glare. "Those self-righteous nutters can fluff their own egos well enough without toadies like you around. Not like they ever backed it up, though. Even Mata Nui knows that, and he died long before they came around."

IC: "...Can I ask why you must keep us here?" Xaeraz asked, sitting himself down to give his legs a rest. He'd been standing or kneeling for so long at this point, he was surprised his pistons hadn't collapsed. "Are you being ordered to by someone?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

GM IC: NOMEC - WITH XAERAZ/LYTREL

The hulking Toa let out a small chuckle. 

"You have your Queen, do you not?" he asked Xaeraz, who would feel himself being pulled towards the ground with greater force. "Well... he would be my King."

On the mention of the Queen, Lytrel shuddered.

"... I serve her not out of loyalty, but out of fear, like a slave... A service that I will soon... attempt to end, though my conscience doth ...protest murder too much... And you?" Lytrel looked up at Nomec with tired eyes. "Do you serve out of loyalty? What have you done to earn this vocation of guardian?" Lytrel slowly straightened his body out, transitioning to a boxer's stance, readying his spear.

So he's a gravity user like me... And he has a Pakari. Great. A mirror boss. Except this mirror is insulting me, because I'm not that fat.. Or muscular.. Or whatever.

IC: Snarl - Commercial Sector.

As he stood there, listening in to Bajet's conversation with the Shopkeeper, Snarl did his best not to breathe in the acrid scents of blood, fear and pain that hung like a thick fog over the commercial sector. 

Hopefully someone would clean up this mess up soon. 

IC: Virse - Training Sector

She really tried to hold that stare, but she simply could not. Her gaze fell back to the floor once more, and her voice became more subdued. "A... being of darkness like yourself... cannot comprehend the great light that... shines through the Av-Toa..., the first gift of the Great Beings, praise to their names."

That had to be it. Every Toa knew of the sanctity of the Toa of Light. Only a dark being, their functional antithesis, could be jealous of such an honor. Mata Nui must be a corrupt Agori in a far off village to encourage such a thing.

GM IC: QUEEN + KOPEN

The Queen shook her head in resignation, deciding not to do anything about Kopen's foul mood. Instead, she mulled over whether it would be wise to reach out, and see if she could sense any of the others.

No, it is a poor idea, she decided. There's no way of telling whether the being will sense me and take the opportunity to attack.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts - and that was when she and Kopen entered the room full of flowers. They were all a light blue, dancing back and forth in a breeze that was not there.

The hulking Toa chuckled again as Lytrel entered a fighting stance. Nomec remained calm, relaxed, and at ease. If anything, his lack of worry was worrying.

"You wish to fight me?" he asked. "Then you have truly learned nothing, and your presence here is a waste. Battling me will result in you being killed. And I find your lack of loyalty to be... disarmingly wretched. I serve my King with all the loyalty that my old heart can provide, for it was my sworn duty that I should protect him, no matter what he does. No matter what he asks. He is infinite, and he deserves my utmost respect. What has your Queen done to lose yours?"

"It's always good to be... Prepared. I'm not sure if I can trust you, so... Consider this me just fortifying the castle walls."

"As for loyalty... That took me from my world, scrambled my memories, twisted my body into this metallic monstrosity, dumped me into a twisted gladiatorial tournament, and then roped me along for what's essentially a suicide mission! All so that she and her boyfriend can get a few pretty rocks! And apparently she's been doing this for, I don't know, billions of years? I mean, sure, losing all your friends and your home may be sad, but that doesn't mean that you have to screw the whole universe over to get them back! How many other people has she screwed over?!" Lytrel's guilt seemed to have taken a backseat to a sudden fit of rage. "The reason why I'm not loyal to her is that she hasn't given me a good enough reason to be loyal to her in the first place! Rather, she's given me plenty of reasons to, to, t-to..."

Lytrel slowly started to cry. It seems the guilt had returned, accompanied by an overwhelming wave of emotion that Lytrel had been holding back until now.

"... What am I doing...? I wanted to be a hero..."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

IC Fia stared at Virse for a solid minute, more shock than fury in her eyes now. Then her vocal chords creaked as she laughed, an alien sound that had obviously not been heard for years upon years. The Fa-toa's laugh came to an awful halt as she bent over, coughing up a lung from the sudden laughter.

"Y-you revere them? You're a*cough wheeze* fool!"

IC: "You wanted to be a hero?" Xaeraz asked, staring incredulously at Lytrel. "Heroes don't betray people! Take it from me, betrayal is the easiest way to make sure nobody will ever think of you as a hero." His hand flew to his mouth before he even finished his sentence, a blush creeping across his mask.

"Pretend I didn't say that..."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

The massive Toa watched the two fighters, as Lytrel broke down and Xaeraz spoke up. The latter's legs would now feel like they were glued to the floor if he tried to lift them, and it would be difficult to move his arms as well.

"You believe all this about your Queen?" Nomec asked calmly. "If she scrambled your memories and your body, then I am afraid that she has also successfully scrambled you. All of you. I would not trust anything in your mind to be absolute fact, Toa, until I had been shown proof. I feel that you perhaps misunderstand your Queen; but then, perhaps you do not need to. I do not need to understand my King - I merely do his bidding, and am happier for it."

He fell silent for a moment, allowing his words to sink in as he pondered his next words.

"You believe all this of your Queen, and yet... you believe you can deceive her? Betray her? Murder her? From what little you have described, even with your scrambled mind taken into account, she does not sound like an opponent that you shall be capable of defeating. You wish to be a hero? To be a hero, one must know how to forgive."

• Upvote 2

Lytrel's eyebrows raised a bit at Xaeraz's comment about betrayal, but he didn't press the matter.

"I... I -hic- don't know anymore..."

"... Though there is the -hic- the fact that... Your king kinda... Asked -hic- me to do this... He has a point though. We're trespassing on his land, we're defiling his treasure stores..."

• Upvote 1

"Ohh..." The Skakdi moaned. "That's simply terrible..." He put a hand to his chin as he gazed at the injured wyvern, who was now clearing the room's exit. "What happened to that big, winged fellow, and all of these others?"

IC - Ardian (Cafeteria -> Training Sector):

Ardian had gotten out of the Commercial Sector before the whole debacle with the robots had begun. Deciding to search for his ally from earlier, he had gone first through the Comfort Sector, and then through the Knowledge Sector. Still having yet to locate Virse, he had entered the Training Sector, where he finally found the Toa... just in time to hear the tail end of Fia's rant against Toa of Light. A frown fixed itself upon his face as he walked up to the two. "I would be vain to consider myself worthy of reverence..." He muttered. "But such slander as flies from your mouth is unacceptable." He turned towards Virse. "Is this not an area approved for sparring?" A hardlight longsword manifested in his right hand, and he gripped it tightly.

OOC: Ardian challenges Fia to a DUEL. TO THE DEATH. Except not.