BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Lytrel

"Hm." Listening to the Host's announcement, Lytrel started to sweat a little (or the Toa equivalent). "Fight's about to start." Lytrel surveyed his gear.

His gravity powers were still intact; that was good. There was the spear that had come with it; Lytrel had vaguely recognized it as his but couldn't remember using it, like he couldn't remember a lot of stuff. He'd have to gamble on his muscle memory still being intact. And apparently that strange piece of metal that was magnetically attached to his now metallic face was a Pakari, a powered mask that if activated, could give him super strength. Now he just needed to figure out how to turn it on.

There was also this embarrassing looking outfit that had arrived with him; Lytrel doubted it could do much, or if it even fit. The design of it did ring a few bells though...

IC: Green

Green was just finishing up her burger as the Host's announcement sounded out. She was suddenly reminded of her lack of insects and weapons once again. "Mata Nui, what do I do... I really need some bugs I really need some bugs I really need some bugs..."

Green's arm had started twitching nervously as her panic escalated, but without warning, a bluish circle appeared above her palm...

... And out flew a fireflyer.

"... Huh. Since when could I do that?"

OOC: Geez, I leave for 4 hours and this happens? Well... I don't know what I expected. This is getting more and more popular.

IC: Zel'Sai

"He does seem all too happy about this." Zel'Sai added her opinion to Daedalus' observation. "It's quite strange. Is he insane?"

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC: Viitka

She listened, fascinated, as Hound spoke of his land and people.  The beings here were obviously from very, very distant lands, or perhaps other universes.  She had heard tell that it was possible to travel between entire worlds with an Olmak.  Having come from a place where everything known was either in ruins or taking up every available bio of land, the thought of someplace else was almost fantastical for her.  It was still somewhat odd to hear such a... liquid... voice emanate from the Denuian, but she was starting to get used to it.  Or rather, adjusting to it as well as the rest of what was going on.

She paused for a moment as he inquired about her own species, before deciding that it would be far easier to just show him rather than attempt to explain.

"My kind, well, I can't say we have any sort of special purpose, but we can..."

She raised a hand, palm up, and gave a small smirk as she shattered it from the elbow into a collection of glassy, crystalline shards, each suspended by an unseen force.  Her gaze didn't leave Hound, despite the fact that she had quite literally broken part of her apart.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Just a couple of notes OOC for you all:

1. When it's time, your fighters are not required to make their way to the Arena, but will be brought there by the staff characters in much the same manner as they were brought to the Bionifight facilities in the first place. Of course, this isn't exactly common knowledge IC (with the exceptions of those whose characters are repeat contenders).

2. If you join after the battle has begun, your character will awaken in the locker rooms outside the Arena. You cannot enter an Arena battle after it has begun.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

IC - Shixahl (Food Court):

As Shixahl finished his food and disposed of his tray (he threw the hole thing into the trash instead of placing it on top of the can, because he's just a rebel like that. Honestly, it wasn't even intentional, he just doesn't know how food courts work), he indiscreetly walked over and stood directly across the table from the person who had smiled at him.

"You bared your teeth at me, just now. I am unfamiliar with facial expressions and other such cues. Was this the indicator of aggression I suspect it was?" Light glinted off of his fangs as he spoke.

He was deadpanning, and utterly serious.

IC: Kopen - Upper Hallways

"Hey! I can fight as well as anybody, blind or not!"

She'd had enough of everyone questioning her. Back where she came from, she had earned a certain respect, but here, she would have to do it all over again. She held her staff at the ready, swaying back and forth to view her surroundings.

OOC: dont like to put OOC stuff without an IC post but since you put it here i hope i can catch you. What about us who are doing other things at the time you start? do we sit it out or did i misread you?

OOC: For this first round, you'll instantly be pulled into the arena. For future rounds, you'll be given 24 IRL hours notice to let us know whether your character is going to be joining or not.

GM IC: THE QUEEN - CONTROL ROOM

The Queen severed the mental link with Von Worten, as it would be unnecessary until the fighter had been eliminated or the first rounded ended. She did send another message through towards Albrecht, hoping that the other psionics user would respond before the first round began.

GM IC: ??? - CAVE

With both Artorre and Lekona hanging back, Elittra stepped towards the jewel; she froze when fire burst out of it, a hand clawing the air around the jewel before enclosing around it entirely. The flames began to spread in the air as they grew; as the seconds passed, a shape came into view.

First a torso, then a pair of legs, then two arms, and finally what roughly resembled a head. Of course, it was little more than an outline, as this being was pure fire. Elittra was the first to speak.

"Careful," she said. "It's... obviously some sort of elemental gem. Possibly control over fire, if we can defeat whatever this thing is. Either of you have any ideas?"

-IC:-

"I see," Hound's gaze was fixated with an almost frightening intensity on Viitka's transformed forearm. He hadn't survived for centuries in a world dedicated to death by not paying attention to something new. "There are no limits on this? Your entire form is transmutable?" Now that he had an idea of what the being was capable of, his shame at forwardness was slowly disappearing. Information came first; formalities could be observed after he guaranteed his survival.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Virnar

The hunter Glatorian nodded at Anaa's suggestion, and headed in that exact direction.

Hopefully we have a little bit of time to prepare before the tournament starts.... Virnar thought. I need to see if my hunting skills translate into fighting others...

-==IC: Anna==-

After a long while of walking, coupled with Anna stretching at certain intervals, Anna pushed open the doors to the Training Sector, and...! ... Then the two Glatorian walked in to find out it was the lobby to the Relaxation Chamber.

"... I might have miscalculated a bit."

Say, what are we calling this thing? A gem guardian? A flame golem?

IC - Artorre (Cave):

"It's... beautiful." Artorre moaned. "I want one as a pet. If only I could be so grossly incandescent!" Then, he sighed. "I guess this one won't be happy to come home with me, huh? Well, if we want the gem, I suppose we'll have to kill the poor thing. As for how to do that, something tells me that absorbing it won't work. Plus, absorbing a living being just sounds creepy. So, that leaves two options for me. The first is attacking it with my own flames. The second is trying to grab the gem from inside it, which obviously I should do, seeing as I have a natural resistance to fire. If neither of those work, good luck to you two!"

With that, he turned towards the guardian. Just to be sure, he made an attempt to manipulate its body. Failing that, he hefted his sword overhead, and swung it downward, sending a wave of fire towards the being.

IC - Shixahl (Food Court):

"You express positive emotions... by baring your teeth? You must come from a strange universe." Shixahl remarked. He made an attempt to return the gesture, parting his lips, and turning up the corners slightly in a crude attempt at a smile. Neither Buzzz, nor anyone else observing, could now fail to notice the fangs that filled the Glatorian's mouth.

"Huh."

Viranar looked around, and knew she definitely wasn't in a Training Sector. The lobby was far too welcoming and cozy for that... Not to mention the absence of any training weapons.

"Well, I guess relaxing for a while's pretty good too." the hunter Glatorian said, shrugging. "Who knows, we might be able to tell stories about our worlds for a bit before the hosts of this place call us up for the first tournament round or something. Or do you have something better?" she asked.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Lekona - Caves

So, if he's in to tournaments himself, he probably doesn't mind being brought here either. I can probably trust him not to set off our hosts. Should be a good person to make an alliance with.

Lekona looked up as he saw the creature of fire. "Well. That thing's flames are lighting up this place enough for me to use my mask. But gonna have to muster up a lot of power for my element to not fuel it..." Lekona sighed, "I guess I'm leaving this one up to you, Artorre."

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC (Ismekne): "If you say so," she said. "You don't have to be mean about it."

IC (A.D.): 

Dearest Encore (E.C.), 

Unfortunately, I was snatched away from you to participate in a Bionifight tournament. Please do not be alarmed, as I have heard that this contest is not fatal. However, I will make every effort to escape this wretched dungeon and return to you as soon as possible. 

The dragon looked up from his feeble composition, eyes straining. He didn't know what was going on. 

Everything happens for a reason, my dearest. In time, I hope that this will be viewed as a minor mishap that we may reflect on with much amusement. 

Yours forever, 

A.D. 

The dragon ruffled his wings. I'm not particularly a fan of fighting, he thought. I dearly hope there is a post office in this place. With that, A.D. stomped out of his quarters and slammed the door behind him, heading for the Commercial Sector.

GM IC: FIRE DEMON - CAVE

As Artorre swung his sword, the flaming creature seemed to merely absorb his flames; manipulating it also did not seem to work, although its essence did seem to almost "stick" to him; perhaps absorbing it was an option after all.

Anna shrugged.

"Relaxing sounds good to me." Anna said, and thought for a moment. "Especially since I'm not sure exactly when the first match will start, and... Yeah." Anna said, not admitting that she still wanted at least a second to rest to make sure her headache didn't return. Anna led the way to the counter, and thought, as she turned to Virnar.

"I'm not sure how this works; but usually I shared rooms back home. And you're the only other person that really looks about the same as me without subtle differences, so, uh..." Anna left the question there; though she was still trying to totally get a read on the fellow Glatorian.

IC - Artorre (Caves):

Artorre faltered, for a moment.

"...Could it really be that simple?" He muttered. Sheathing his sword, he stepped forward, and outstretched his hands towards the being. He began to pull the flames that made up the creature's body into his own. When the job was finished, it had the side effect of plunging the area into pitch darkness, except for the faint glow of his gauntlets, which were superheated by the absorption of the flames.

IC: Zel'Sai

"I suppose that is the right word..." she acknowledged. The Host, after all, did not seem to be put off in the slightest about anyone who was there. She fell silent, wondering to herself what would happen when the fighting started. All she could predict was that it would not be a simple argument in the hallways...

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

GM IC: ELITTRA'S GROUP/FIRE DEMON - CAVE

At first, it seemed to work perfectly - the Fire Demon was fully absorbed into Artorre, while both Elittra and Lekona were able to breathe easier as the temperature returned to normal.

But then the Matoran of Lightning frowned. All of Artorre's armor was beginning to glow, and in what little light there was, she could just barely make out wisps of smoke rising from Artorre in several places. For Artorre himself, he would start to feel a burning sensation inside - which should theoretically be impossible, since he was a Toa of Fire.

"Artorre, you're smoking!" Elittra exclaimed, backing away. "Get rid of it!"

Anna shrugged.

"Relaxing sounds good to me." Anna said, and thought for a moment. "Especially since I'm not sure exactly when the first match will start, and... Yeah." Anna said, not admitting that she still wanted at least a second to rest to make sure her headache didn't return. Anna led the way to the counter, and thought, as she turned to Virnar.

"I'm not sure how this works; but usually I shared rooms back home. And you're the only other person that really looks about the same as me without subtle differences, so, uh..." Anna left the question there; though she was still trying to totally get a read on the fellow Glatorian.

"Oh, I'm no stranger to shared quarters." Virnar reassured Anna. "Me and some other Glatorian formed a small ragtag hunting band, y'see. Every day, after a successful hunt, we'd all drop down and rest in the same little shack. Not like being in different buildings would have made a difference, given how small our village was, but we preferred to stick together with friends." she explained, stopping herself once she realized she was rambling. 

"Oops, sorry 'bout going on for a bit there. Basically, I don't mind sharing a room." the hunter Glatorian said, smiling slightly. "You're right, I haven't seen anyone else like us around here.... I mean, there were those other guys like the walking heap of metal, and that weird hunched over ugly... Thing that made the Queen attack our heads." she muttered. "I'd suggest sticking together for now."

Edited by Toru Acura: The Saboteur

IC - Artorre (Caves):

Artorre doubled over in pain as his insides began to cook. Then he did the opposite, arching his back and tilting his head upward. He opened his mouth...

And belched. Flame spewed from his mouth in a graceful jet as all of the harmful flames were ejected from his body.

When he was finished, he allowed himself to drop backwards, onto his bottom. "Ohh..." he groaned. "I should be more careful with what I eat."

"Anyone got a breath mint?"

Kopen refused to give up her stance, and she would be glaring if her eyes were not covered and sightless.

"Neither do you, Ismekne. I've been through things you couldn't imagine with your cushy Toa life, and I'm still fighting!

GM IC: FIRE DEMON - CAVE

The Fire Demon reformed itself, the temperature rising high high enough that the walls began to shimmer. The heat would be unbearable even to Artorre; they had to retreat. Elittra grabbed the Toa's arm, trying to pull him to his feet as the Fire Demon began stalking towards them.

Anna nodded with a smile, as she thought, and began to order the room.

"Hm, sounds like some of our treasure hunting bands, back on Bota Magna." Anna said, and thought for a moment. "That one guy, though, was pretty friendly; helped me up after that mind attack. Said he was a... Toe Ah?" Anna said with a perplexed look, rolling the word over her tongue in confusion.

"I think we've heard rumours of people who were more metal than others, but never actually managed to find out before someone decided it was a good idea to unleash giant constructs on the world..." Anna muttered with a slightly annoyed look on her face.

Well. That worked well. The Fire Demon was up and at it again, and with it came light back to the cave. Making use of the returned visibility, Lekona used his mask to teleport himself a bit behind Artorre and Elittra. "So, any ideas?"

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

GM IC: ELITTRA, CAVE

"We need to get out of here," Elittra said, gasping for breath as the temperature continued to increase. "If it gets any hotter, we're going to start baking in our armor. Lekona, can you maybe blow it apart of something? A breeze or something to cool us off? Artorre is going to need medical attention when we get back...."

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

Daedalus rubbed his chin as the Host disappeared. "Excited? That would make me mad if it weren't for the fact that he just seems so... unaware."

IC: Von Worten

I was pulled from my internal reverie at Kopeyku's words, and I take the moment to speak.

"I can't imagine the justification for a desire to kill upon first sight. That seems both irrational and idiotic. Reminds me of a story in my book. A Skakdi, hardly bearing a good reputation as he was, was exposed to some mysterious substance--the tale, interesting as it is, is frustratingly vague as to what the substance actually is, but I digress. After being exposed, he was morphed into a strange creature. My truncated version hardly does the tale justice--it is much deeper than I could possibly give it credit--but in its most basic form, events occur similar to what you have implied. He was so hideous that he was attacked on sight. Unfortunately, that did not end well for the attackers."

I paused long enough to shift my gaze to Kopeyku. "I imagine that is probably the case with you."

IC: Kopeyku

I laugh at this, "My tale is much simpler than that, I was left to die,"

IC (Ismekne): "Cushy Toa life, you say," Ismekne snorted. "I just got pulled out of a raid on a bunch of Frostelus. We were four days into their territory and running low on food and water. I'm sure you've never experienced that."

IC (A.D.): A.D. walked up to the Glatorian known as Anna who seemed to be discussing something with another Glatorian. "My lady" he asked. "Do you know if there is a post office around here?" He held out his letter, hoping that might cue the two in. 

"I see," Hound's gaze was fixated with an almost frightening intensity on Viitka's transformed forearm. He hadn't survived for centuries in a world dedicated to death by not paying attention to something new. "There are no limits on this? Your entire form is transmutable?" Now that he had an idea of what the being was capable of, his shame at forwardness was slowly disappearing. Information came first; formalities could be observed after he guaranteed his survival.

IC: Viitka

"Not sure if transmute is exactly the right word," Viitka gave a thoughtful frown, her brow furrowing, never before had she put so much thought into her power. Well, so much thought in attempting to explain it to a being who seemed to be mostly unfamiliar with the abilities she was used to.  "It is me, I guess you could say it just breaks me apart.  And... yeah, I can do it with my 'entire form', it helps with getting around."

She glanced around, her multi-hued gaze floating over the immediate area.  "Speaking of which, sounds like we might get pulled somewhere again.  Any ideas as to how we don't end up running each other through?  I'd prefer to have someone watching my back in a madhouse like this."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Anna nodded with a smile, as she thought, and began to order the room.

"Hm, sounds like some of our treasure hunting bands, back on Bota Magna." Anna said, and thought for a moment. "That one guy, though, was pretty friendly; helped me up after that mind attack. Said he was a... Toe Ah?" Anna said with a perplexed look, rolling the word over her tongue in confusion.

"I think we've heard rumours of people who were more metal than others, but never actually managed to find out before someone decided it was a good idea to unleash giant constructs on the world..." Anna muttered with a slightly annoyed look on her face.

"Toe-err? Never heard of em." Virnar said, shrugging as she walked with Anna over to their room. "Well, I might keep him in mind as a potential friend anyways if he's friendly."

The hunter Glatorian listened on as Anna explained her world a little, the description of which caused her to raise an eyebrow. "Giant energy constructs? Treasure-huntin' bands? Rumors of metal people? Yeah, you definitely lived a more exciting life than me." she said. "Back in Bara Magna, it was pretty much the same cycle of wake up, eat a quick meal, get your weapons, go out and kill the nearest large monster, carve 'em up, and come home to the village. Sometimes a direct attack happened to the village to mix things up a little, but that was about it." Virnar explained. "I mean, it was a nice job, and the village really appreciated our efforts, just that not a lot aside from that really happened. You on the other hand, seem to have had a very active life...." she muttered with interest. 

Edited by Toru Acura: The Saboteur

IC - Artorre (Cave):

Artorre stood up and began to step backwards, matching the advancing demon's pace. He was sweating profusely, as the heat quickly began to reach unbearable levels.

"That oxygen starvation thing you mentioned earlier sounds appealing. Think you could do that? Failing that, the cooling breeze thing definitely sounds appealing."

He coughed. "Man, I'm more fit for safe consumption than for fighting. If Lekona can't do anything, I'm up for a - purely temporary, of course - tactical retreat."

OOC: Blacklist's on, guys, I'll be back in an hour, maybe.

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

Kopen folded her arms with a smug look. "Try days of starvation followed by a Muaka attack. I'm just lucky I got this thing working." She tapped her mask with a finger. "But I suppose you could just scare it off with your fancy powers."

"A breeze? No problem." Lekona did as he was asked, summoning a breeze around the trio to cool them down.

"I don't think sending air at this thing would be too bright of an idea though. Don't want to feed its flame. I could try to drain oxygen from it, but I'll need you guys to cover me while I do it."

Pu32xij.png

Hound thought for a moment, pondering the possibilities presented by the being's power. "We could go for the highest ground. I doubt stealth will be fruitful in these conflicts; we might as well take the prime position, if that is the case. If the arena is uniform, perhaps the centre would be a better choice." He clearly placed a high emphasis on preparedness and forethought; Viitka would be correct if she assumed that he was equally a tactician and a warrior.

pNNgXax.jpg

GM IC: ELITTRA - CAVE

"Just the breeze for now, I think," Elittra muttered, stumbling back down the tunnel the way that they had come, leaning on the wall. "Whatever this thing is... I want more information. From the Host, or the Queen, I don't care. They'll know what this thing is, and then we can come back."