BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC Oinez - Arma Virique - Jungle Border

Ah, finished!

Well, close enough. He'd scouted out a good three dozen locations during the planning phase. Trees bridging swampy areas, large flat rocks, thick vines and vegetation and low laying shrubbery. The general had quickly given him the order to do his scouting in order to plan out and lay a perimeter of explosive traps. Both small "ankle biters," like the vines and shrubs and huge ones like the aforementioned trees and rocks. The heat and exertion had left him drenched in sweat and panting heavily as he made his way back to Ten's location.

"Killer Queen, fade." His guardian became incorporeal, hanging around him as an invisible and less energy draining mist. He made a mental check of the traps as he returned.

• A long series of vines strung about the border with the desert
  • A huge tree crossing a swampy area near the cove, the only bridge over said swamp
  • A small clearing he had cleared the dirt from, baring the old rock underneath. He had no way of knowing how far down it went, so the explosion could be preeeeetty big!
  • Several of the vines and foliage hanging around aforementioned swamp
  • A couple of prominent trees with good hand and foot holds near the border with the desert, perfect climbing trees for the uninformed!
  • A dozen small bushes at various points

Soon enough, he met up with Ten and his team. "Here's the map of my traps." He handed him his own map.

IC Hryfon - Arma Virique - Cove Border

He spent a long while inspecting the waters, there seemed to be no immediate danger. A quick swim would be easy enough. He'd been waiting at the border since his role had been assigned : double-double crosser. Sounds intriguing, right? Well he wouldn't be explaining it now, so as to prevent the readers from knowing it.

The bound paper was tucked deep into his armor, as watertight as he could manage. It was blank right now, but it was linked to a similar page that Noroi had. He'd be able to relay information he gained back to her instantaneously, and unlike other forms of communication, it was impossible to trace, steal or other discern for the enemy. Taking pencil in hand, he scrawled a quick note on the paper.

At the cove border, entering tunnels soon.

IC Ezezko - Arma Virique - Jungle Stronghold

You searched for Silvanni, Noroi had given you some orders about letting him copy you. Whatever that meant...

IC Langmuir - Arma Virique - Jungle Stronghold

"Alright! Defense Squad A, Role call!

-Lexa!

-Colossus in Purple!

-Dekako!

-Exsequor!

-Kuro!

-Owethed!

-Tarsus!"

IC Tenjou - Royal Blindside - Special Weapons Spawnpoint Border

She was flying high above the ground, cloaked in a simple redirective layer of light. As one of the invisible fighters, she was assigned to assist the others. As soon as someone like Xara or Arkrax selected a target, she would provide undetectable support fire.

Sounded simple enough, right?

...but close to it

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Desert Border.

I hovered at the edge of the desert with the rest of the strike team, waiting for Xaeraz to lead us into the battle. 

IC: Falcon - Arma Virique - Jungle Stronghold. 

Hearing my name being called, I headed over to where the others were waiting, skimming over the map to make note of which areas it would be best for Vyne and I to avoid. 

I was feeling confident. This team was coordinated, and the terrain was on our side. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ten

Ten nodded, and took the map from Oinez. "Thank you. Remember, keep an eye out for anyone when you are out patrolling. Your tracking bomb is incredibly useful for staying hidden, and the trees should provide ample cover for you to escape if sighted...though I don't expect anyone would see you." He turned, and looked at Falcon.

"Keep yourself hidden as well in the trees near base. Ranged capabilities are a must-have here, and you certainly have that with your bow. Plus, your companion is a great assistance as well in that regard. Just be sure to keep her reasonably safe."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC Kat:

"That's our cue~" I said with a grim, hopping into Fear Itself and standing to full height.

My voice was projected out through the mechanical Steltian's mouth.

"Alright boss, point me in the right direction."

IC Kotak:

The Ko Toa huffed, hefting his shield a little higher on his arm.

"Where do you need the bridge?"

IC Tirkah:

The Glatorian grinned, activating his camouflage and laying prone on the cliff.

He checked and adjusted the sights on his rifle one last time, then sighted down the scope, the field in the middle of the three area's coming into view. At this range, he'd have adjust his fire for the extreme range.

Inside his armor, he snorted. Anyone who he fired on would never see it coming.

Just like the time he'd challenged Gorast to single combat, only to pick her head off from a kilo bio away.

He spotted movement, and shifted to put the now very close Hryfon in crosshairs.

Centre of mass.... Wait for the pause between heart beats.......

BOOM

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Dekako - Arma Virique - Jungle Stronghold.

We move off towards the one called Langmuir, who seems to be summoning us as part of a defensive team.

IC: Falcon - Arma Virique - Jungle Stronghold.

"Got it," I nodded, beginning to move off towards a good spot I'd noticed earlier, "This isn't our first hunt." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC(A.D.): A.D. made a smooth landing next to Yoko. Time to go retrieve a big fancy weapon. Or blitz his way into Halken's area. Or both. 

IC(Kalatin): The gelatin stood at attention in front of the controls, making a small nod to Kale. Xaeraz was en route to the flying squadron, and Kopen was in the facility to command the others to attack when they were ready. Coordination was key. 

IC(Ismekne): "There should be some log traps here and here, which I set." the Ga-Toa said, pointing to areas far away from Oinez's traps. She stood at attention, waiting for more information from her superior. 

OOC: What is happening with fishers?

"Good luck out there, Falcon."

Ten nodded to Ismekne. "Good to hear. The more traps, the better. You are an asset best kept at base - we need someone capable of taking out any fighters who manage to get here, and you're prefect for the job."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: The Puppetmaster - Tahtorak's Fist - Clifftop Stronghold. 

Crouched on the ledge behind an illusion, The Puppetmaster raised his rifle and peered into the scope, waiting for the first enemy to step into his firing line. Between him, the cliff, and the other ranged fighters, this would be a slaughter. 

IC - Vagust:

Vagust turned to Dreisen after the Enforcer started stalking away, a measure of curiosity in his eyes. "I take it the two of you must've come to know each other more than most of us do?" he asked. "There seems to be an extra measure of bad blood between the two of you."

IC - Yuri - Arma Virique:

Yuri slithered around, leaving a relatively thin but possibly accidentally dangerous trail of slime behind him, although it would dry soon enough. He hadn't got much idea of what to do right now, so instead, he was off searching for one of the lieutenants of the army he was in. Rather shortly he bumped into Ten.

"Hello, sir. Might I be taking a moment to discuss an idea for the battling with you?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kopen - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

Kopen had remained fairly quiet through the planning phase, running her hands over the map until every dune and leaf was ingrained in her memory. Occasionally, she offered some small comment, but Kale knew what he was doing far better than she. It was really remarkable what he could come up with.

As the others readied themselves for combat and the defenders made their preparations, Kopen slipped out into the nearby corridors.

IC: Virse - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

Virse's first task was to clear out the dust which one of the fighters had noticed. A steady trail of footprints would lead the enemy right to their control room unless she cleared it out.

She walked up and down the many hallways of the maze, hands outstretched to absorb the dust. All of her exhaustion seemed to fade away with the sudden influx of energy.

IC: Arkrax - Central Border (Royal Blindside)

The Host's voice sounded throughout the Arena, and Arkrax was ready. He and the small group around him had been waiting for this moment. They were ready at the borders of the central field for the moment when the barriers came down. Now they just had to await Xaeraz's signal.

IC: Lady Dajik - Pyramid (Tahtorak's Fist)

Guard duty. That's what this amounted to. You can dress it up any way you like, but it was still just sitting there waiting for something to happen.

Not that she couldn't do it. No, she had done worse. And it was true that she would be uniquely suited to this job. She just wouldn't like it one bit.

The Lady Dajik let out a soft sigh and wandered off to the tunnel entrance. And then she was alert, scanning for the slightest disturbance. She would be ready. She was willing to kill. She was Mistress.

Edited by Click

FIST:

IC: Eryard

"Not again!"

Somebody in Engineering definitely phoned this one in.

"Need jumper cables and a battery-"

The Thornatus-AR flared to life, the engine finally kicking in.

"... Huh."

With that, I promptly sent the Thornatus tumbling into one of the cliff tunnels, carefully driving it through once it had gotten back on all three wheels.

Adjusting the headset I had picked up from the Control Room, I decided to test it out.

"Lieutenant Eryard to Control Room. I'm testing the headset; could I have a response?"

VIRIQUE

IC: Tomo

They had just told her to hover and shoot anything that comes through the jungle.

So that's what Tomo was doing.

"All systems are a go..."

The Velika's Vision slowly began rising into the air.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Falcon - Arma Virique - Jungle Stronghold (Sniper's Nest).

Clambering up a nearby tree, I found myself a perch halfway up, hidden within a nest of branches. Vyne flew on ahead, ready to warn me of oncoming enemies. Unlike a normal hunt, I had no need to seek out my prey.

They would come to me...

IC: Miras (Tahtorak Clifftop)

I crouch near the edge of the clifftop, a handy boulder providing shelter. I fix my eyes on the near border to the field, ready to activate my gravity and crush anyone foolish enough to come and attack us.

OOC: FTR, BS01 says level 6 Kraata Gravity is able to crush any object within visual range.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Zakaro (Arma Virique)

Zakaro walked into the sunshine with a grin on his face and names on a paper in his hand. 

"Alrighty! I need Dartakh, Zangah, Owethed, and 'The Wyrm' over here, please and thank-you very much!"

Cracking his knuckles, the Toa waited with a small grin on his face, the plan -well, the rough idea of what they were going to do- in his head, and a list of names in his grasp. This would be great fun, indeed! Wouldn't end badly, not at all, of course not! Why would you ever think that? 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: The Wyrm - Arma Virique - Jungle Stronghold.

Hearing his name being called, The Wyrm dropped down off the roof, using a vine to slow his fall, and stalked towards the being who'd spoken. "Yes?" he hissed. 

IC: Riss clanked into a defensive position near the exit of one  of the tunnels, the B Side powering the Bass Cannons up in preparation for any threat to make itself known. She'd been assigned to one of the five tunnel exits as a last line of defense, if the troops inside had somehow all fallen.

IC: Dexund knelt on the cliff's edge, an arrow nocked but not drawn as he watched the shoreline for movement. He jumped slightly as Tirkah's rifle roared, but kept his aim steady as he watched for intruders.

IC: Fia crouched behind the ranged combatants on the cliff's edge, staring at the sky above. She'd been placed on interference, ready to ruin any flying enemies' day and make them easy pickings for the clifftop defense. If that meant having to stick them into a ball with her powers, so be it.

IC: Venix checked her weaponry, making sure all six barrels were loaded as she waited for Venga's directions to move out. She was completely prepared to cloak the small team in silence as the moved, but she had to admit a certain eagerness for the battle ahead.

IC: Halken grinned back at Alisa and Bajets as he took up position near the mouth of one of the tunnels. If their opponents didn't want to have to climb, they'd have to come through the network in the cliff itself, and chances were good he'd snag at least one group himself.

"Halken to Control, mirroring Eryard's request. Lines are clear, yes?"

IC: Well, they'd failed to see him for the brilliant beacon of military genius he was. So, he was stuck as a common soldier, waiting in the pyramid with the rest of the ground troops for the order to attack. Zephyr's Eyes, he hated it.

IC: "Okay. troops!" Xaeraz yelled, raising one hand as he hovered in front of his strike team. They had been waiting at the border for a good bit of time, and now it was their chance. "Remember! Secure a Special Weapon if we can, and prevent the enemy from getting any, but don't take risks you don't need to! We can pull back if we have to! And see me if you need patching up! Xara, as soon as you see a sizable force approaching, hit them with the Mist Gem!" He cleared his throat and wheeled around to face the field.

"Strike Team, move out!"

IC: Mirror Lytrel sighed at Fishers' still limp form. A few more slaps did nothing to wake her, so it would simply require a bit more... Focused of an assault.

With a small whistle, his hands both suddenly held daggers and scythed downwards, slicing at the ankles of the bound matoran, and the tendons hidden there.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Field.

Nodding to Xaeraz, I shot forwards, blades drawn. The special weapons spawn was in sight, and I couldn't see a single enemy team member. If we could secure and hold this section of the arena before the enemy arrived, we'd be at a huge advantage....

IC: Arkrax - Central Field (Royal Blindside)

And there was the command. Arkrax gave a quick nod and zoomed forward alongside Xara. His form glowed and rematerialized with a hardlight shield in one hand.

Perhaps it would be simple to capture the center. Holding it may be another matter entirely.

IC: Mistress - Tunnels (Tahtorak's Fist)

The Dark Hunter Mistress slipped deeper into the tunnels, veiled in a curtain of smoke. Thick tendrils crept through each of the offshoots, feeling for any unwanted presence. It was dark, but she did not have to see. The smoke did that for her.

IC: Dartakh (Arena, Jungle | Arma Virique)

"I'm right here, Clumsy Brakas" said the Vortixx to Zakaro, using the nickname he had come up with when he had seen the Onu-Toa fall from a tree. He assumed that the Iron Maiden had given him leadership duties and wasn't very happy about it. As a mercenary he preferred strong and determined leaders who lead their men to victory, but this man's attitude rubbed him the wrong way. He hoped that the Toa was more capable than he seemed to be.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Can't get to everyone on time. This is the best I can do for now.

IC: Linear/Arma Virique, Defense Team B, Stronghold

I reported to Ten and then turned into a shadow. Using the same trick to evade a crushing defeat by Naona, I faded the shadows of the vines and manipulated them to camouflage me.

IC: Alisa Dare - Tahtorak's Fist - Clifftop Stronghold.

"So now we wait?" she guessed, gently running one of her fingertips over the bladed edges of her shield to check that they were still sharp. She didn't like waiting; she preferred being more proactive in a combat situation.

But for now, she was content to let the designated leaders make the decisions...

IC: The Puppetmaster - Tahtorak's Fist - Clifftop.

"We've got movement!" he shouted to those nearby. Through his scope he could make out a group of combatants moving speedily away from the desert and straight towards the special weapon's spawn.

They were well out of his firing range, unfortunately. That's a bold move to be making so soon....

Edited by Locus

IC: Kuro/Arma Virique, Defense Team A, Stronghold

I rode out to Langmuir.

"What is my task, sir?"

IC: Dreidel/Arma Virique, Stronghold

No one called for me yet. So I sat down.

IC: Maglev, Prose, Aeolin/Blindside, Strike Team

They followed everyone towards the center.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen remained silent, glaring at Elly's retreating form. While he was fairly confident that he could win a battle with the Enforcer, it would be wise to be better prepared - and to do it when she did not have a group of mindless idiots following her like a herd of lost Rahi.

He turned to  Vagust with a sigh.

"If there's a fighter that has been included in more tournaments than I have, it's her," Dreisen said, shrugging. "Except I have to be dragged here kicking and screaming every time. She has followed them since the beginning. Getting through to her is impossible; she's a brick wall and I'm throwing handfuls of sand at it. But... sometimes it's nice to vent."

He shook his head to clear it.

"I just... anyone that would willingly follow the Host and the Queen for so long without at least trying to make things better... I hate them. And those morons following her around are arguably even worse - a bunch of mindless idiots at best."

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly kept fuming as she began to head toward the door, but then paused, and shook her head, and stormed back. "No, you know what, no; I'm not going to take this." Elly said, as she narrowed her eyes at Dreisen, and attempted to get in his face, like he had done to her earlier. "What right do you have, to make assumptions over what I think?" Elly asked demandingly, as she grit her teeth. It was quite obvious that the discussion was, in fact, not finished yet.

IC: "Okay. troops!" Xaeraz yelled, raising one hand as he hovered in front of his strike team. They had been waiting at the border for a good bit of time, and now it was their chance. "Remember! Secure a Special Weapon if we can, and prevent the enemy from getting any, but don't take risks you don't need to! We can pull back if we have to! And see me if you need patching up! Xara, as soon as you see a sizable force approaching, hit them with the Mist Gem!" He cleared his throat and wheeled around to face the field.

"Strike Team, move out!"

IC: Mirror Lytrel sighed at Fishers' still limp form. A few more slaps did nothing to wake her, so it would simply require a bit more... Focused of an assault.

With a small whistle, his hands both suddenly held daggers and scythed downwards, slicing at the ankles of the bound matoran, and the tendons hidden there.

IC(A.D.): The dragon put on the speed, his massive wings moving him toward his intended target. He looked around for enemies. Surely the other armies had prepared for this...

IC(fishers): fishers' form had burned away, so she was being wrapped. Acres of flesh were being stretched over her...

...the next thing she knew, she was lying on her back. She was always on her back. And Mirror Lytrel's face was a few feet away from her own. He was enjoying himself. And fishers was screaming and crying and...quaking. With an obscene sort of pleasure. More screaming. More crying. There was no vigilante bullet to save her, because she was the vigilante. 

But she would never be so weak. Her foot lashed out, kicking Mirror Lytrel where it hurt. There was blood, and...the scene dissolved. A grin returned to the Matoran's face. Light returned to her eyes. And she saw the blade slice down, where her right foot should not have been, cutting into the middle of her ankle. 

At the same time, she felt heat as the other blade stabbed right between the tendons of her left leg. 

"I already killed you." she said, looking at Mirror Lytrel, her eyes betraying her terror. "Why aren't you dead?" 

Edited by fishers64

IC - Vagust:

"Can the two of you please stop?" Vagust asked of the Enforcer and Dreisen, the exasperation he was feeling present in both his face and his voice. "The way you're going about this little argument is rather pointless and won't solve any problems, you realize. How about you each calm down, stand at arm's length from each other, and discuss it like adults?"

He paused.

"Preferably before I have to step between you and risk life and limb in the process."

IC - Yuri - Arma Virique:

"My people, when fighting, we had special technique. With this technique...I am of having the idea for the battle. You see, my people, when fighting, the strongest of us in the far-grasping would work together, and collectively, toss another of us - the one with the hardest shell and the having of the angriest disposition - into the center of the enemy forces, or into their walls." Yuri's mental voice seemed almost cheerful, discussing the tactic with Ten. "It was very much demoralizing for the enemies, yes. Our shells are thick, and we are large. We are very good at the causing of damage, yes. Then when done bouncing, we would come out of our shells, and attack more! Good fun, yes. Before I was captured, I was often the one being thrown. Is good technique. You might think of using it, no?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Zakaro (Arma Virique)

"Good good, two people down," the Toa muttered, glancing over the sheet. Only 2 others to go, then, that was good. 

"Never been called a Brakas Monkey before, I'll give ya that one. Usually it's more along the lines of 'That Karz'in Onu-Toa with the stupidly strong mask and sword," or "Son of a Krom!" Nice change of pace."

He pauses and addresses the Wyrm, speaking. 

"I suppose you're the Wyrm, then? Or at least that's your title, correct? If so, good, if not, then I'm already confused. It's a normal thing, don't worry about it. Doesn't apply to combat. Usually. There have been a few incidents. Moving on, your name is..?" 

The Onu-Toa finishes by turning to Dartahk with a questioning look, finger sliding down the list to try and match it up.

IC: Bajets (Tahtorak's Fist)

"Apparently so," Bajets drolly replied, actually somewhat astounded at her brother's willingness to accept the idea of not going all out with just trying to fight everything. It was strangely refreshing to hear Halken actually talking about a battle strategy that didn't consist of just charging and fisticuffs. 

"Nice suit, by the way, brother dear," she added, inclining her head towards Halken's attire. 

IC: Ajiseni (Engineering Sector, with Enforcer Group)

The Le-Toa already hated this guy. What right did he have to just blatantly accuse her of being an idiot when for all she could tell from his story, he'd be the idiot for accepting to return to this place! If he hated it so much, than there should have been nothing that could have convinced him to return, and it certainly seemed like he returned of his free will. Oh, Aji so wanted to just rip into him, but she would refrain. 

For now. 

Besides, this Enforcer person- Aji was fairly sure it was a ma'am by now, and not a sir- hadn't been too bad this far. Perhaps this conversation would change that, but really? Calling her an idiot? Mata Nui, it wasn't like she was drooling out of the sides of her mouth and scratching her head! 

Clenching her fists, steadying her face into a state of neutrality- hey, being in the army was good for something!- Ajiseni held her tongue. Perhaps this Toa could quiet things down. 

Ha. Right. And she was skinny, too, while we're on wild hopes. 

Edited by Samus Aran-Bounty Hunter

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU 

The Skakdi grinned, leaning in next to Mirror Lytrel and licking his lips as he saw the terror in the eyes of Fishers.

"Yes, there it is at last," he whispered, letting out a breathy laugh, shivering with glee. 

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen tapped his wrench against his shoulder meaningfully, staring at Elly with narrowed eyes.

"I have every right. I have seen you time and time again, blindly serving the Host and the Queen," Dreisen spat. "Back off, Enforcer."

He glanced over to Vagust out of the corner of his eye, waiting to acknowledge the Toa - waiting for the Enforcer's reaction.

IC: Urashimako

I observe the spat

Between the Head Engineer

And the Enforcer;

Considering their cases,

Analyzing their speakings.

The implications

Of the Engineer's tirade

Soon hit me. I turn

To the Enforcer

And say to the staff member:

"The man has a point.

If his words are true in fact,

Then this tournament

Is but an exhibition

Of slaves; a sick tournament."

"Taken prisoner

Robbed from the world you call home;

The truth of this game

Has now been revealed to me.

Can you truly support this?"

"Alas; for I once

Was a frequent customer

Of this tournament.

Ignorant of its evils,

I blissfully watched the games."

"But here I am now.

A fighter, not a viewer;

Now a contender.

Knowing the full truth

Of the matter of this show."

"Ma'am, what do you have

To say about this tourney

And its managers?

You did not address his words

Of the ethics of this place."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 2

IC: "It is a TEST of SKILL and MIGHT," Agraney rumbled,pounding two fists into two waiting palms. "It will show the MIGHTIEST and CLEVEREST of the MULTIVERSE'S WARRIORS. Those who SUCCEED shall BE SAVED from the DEATH OF THEIR WORLDS."

IC: "Aye, it was custom made when I agreed to this position," Halken replied, pulling the cigar box from his coat once more and offering one to Alisa and Bajets each. "And he even managed to find Voyan cigars from our universe to include! How magnanimous, no?"

IC: Mirror Lytrel tsked as he wiggled the knives in fishers, jerking them back and forth before ripping them down and out. They rippled and then slid back into his hands, disappearing into his palms. He turned to Maeus and said, "Well, Doctor, maybe we should let her go now? I'd love to see how fast she can run like this."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"...Using you as a cannonball? Hm. I'm sure that's...possible, given your size, shape, and how tough your shell looks to crack." Ten tapped his chin. "Yeah, might be wise to send out out with Silvanni's strike team. After all, they could use something like that."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Special Weapons Spawn. 

Switching out of flightmode, I landed near the pedestal, and approached it cautiously...