BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

GM IC: DREISEN - LOWER HALLWAY

Dreisen, Reezo and Vagust approached the elevator that would take them back down to Engineering.

They all stepped inside, and the doors closed with a ding.

GM IC: BASEMENT 

If A.D. or Antiro took a look at the rest of the floor, they might find some shotgun shells lying on the floor.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - OFFICE

"Almost there..." he whispered, sounding delighted.

GM IC: SPECIAL WEAPON SPAWN

A small black ring spawned into the arena, levitating two feet above the dirt. An aura of dark purple and black energy swirled around it. The ring flickered briefly, but remained in place.

GM IC: DREISEN - ELEVATOR

"I don't know," Dreisen admitted, sounding worried. "I just know that something doesn't feel right - I don't know what it is, but something is very, very wrong. The Infinite System glitches and says that a fighter has died? Their Mech can't be reconnected to the system? That shouldn't happen. But we visit the Medical Bay and find half the staff dead, Maeus playing ignorant, and Fishers somehow still alive and not connected to the Infinite System... and then bloodstains on the floor, Maeus letting us walk around anywhere we like...."

The Toa of Iron and Magnetism shook his head.

"Vertak contacted me and said that more of our Mechs - some complete, some still prototypes - have been disconnected as well. Somebody is hijacking the facility's systems, and if we don't find them soon..." he trailed off as the doors opened with another ding. They had arrived. "Well, not to sound ominous, but... it won't be pretty."

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

"I agree," Dreisen replied, stepping into Engineering. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think that there was some higher power manipulating both the Organizers and maybe even some of us just to throw everything for a loop."

• Upvote 1

IC

Langmuir, Aeila, Yuri and Colossus in Purple

Aeila watched the map closely, removing her power from the distant VV as soon as it had passed the pyramid's marker.

She nodded to Langmuir, who in turn nodded to the Colossi, putting it into orbit with his mask.

"Diagnostic report : Chance of success 27%, chance of error 23%, chance of fatal error 48%. Numerous miscellaneous outcomes occupy the remaining percentiles." The automaton droned on as the Fe-Toa realigned himself with the tree he'd chosen as landmark. Visualizing the pyramid and landscape beyond, holding his hand out with one eye closed.

"I can't say I like those odds. Aeila?"

"Ready." Came the reply from the control room.

The Colossi rocketed away towards the pyramid. "But I can say I'm a gambler at heart. You ready, Yuri?"

Some more dialogue occurred and soon enough Aeila gave Langmuir the go ahead for the next launch. The process was repeated and the mollusk launched. Dropping his aim, Langmuir walked to the map to observe the progress. Already, the red dots were milling about.

"Alright, let's get moving on phase two."

...but close to it

IC - Yuri Ironshell:

"Wheee!" Yuri mentally yelled, as he was sent rocketing over the landscape. He had long since pulled completely into his shell and his operculum pulled in place over the opening. He was, for all intents and purposes, a living cannon ball. And with a vehicle-grade armour shell that was more than an inch thick, alongside gastropod physiology - and Unstoppable Force backing him up - he knew he would be able to survive the impact quite well. Maybe slightly addled, but locked in his shell as he would be until able to clear the fog from his mind, he'd be perfectly safe.

As he knew the land would be zooming under him quite quickly, and after a little amount of time (based on his having watched VV go flying), he thought for a moment, and then inwardly smiled.

"As I fly in, so shall I be of the singing for them the song of my people," he mentally declared, the clarity and deepness of his mental voice ringing out and likely to be heard - just barely, but still 'heard' - by those gathered by the pyramid. And then, at the top of his mental lungs:

"~I CAME IN LIKE A WREEEEEEECKING SNAAAAAAAIL~"

And then impact; Yuri blasted clean through the outer wall of the pyramid's midsection, flying clean through various internal areas and then out the other side - and the moment he was past it, the Unstoppable Force was withdrawn from him, and he instantly began slowing down, quite a bit. While it was one thing for a very large piece of metal to maintain momentum, it was another thing entirely when gravity and air resistance were acting upon said large metallic projectile, which led to quite a bit of velocity in the X-direction being lost while more was slowly gained in the Y direction (negative nine point eight metres per second being gained every second he fell, or thereabout, though he didn't have to fall for much more than a couple seconds), until such point as Yuri hit the soft, yielding sand. His shell absorbed the impact quite well, the metal of his shell transmitting the shock along the long grain lines in his shell and harmlessly into the area around, while a much softer portion of it transmitted through the shell, into Yuri's body, and out the other side.

Thankfully, due to being a gastropod, Yuri's body was primarily filled with a fluid called haemolymph, which was a mixture of blood and lymph. In fact, he had no skeleton, and the fluid served also to protect his internal organs from trauma, so he had to worry neither about bones breaking or rupturing organs, as what little of the shock of impact hadn't been redirected by his shell passed harmlessly through the non-compressing fluid that comprised a large portion of his mass. Sure, the organs moved around a little bit, but there was no lasting damage, and thanks to his having no skull, he didn't have to worry about a concussion, either. His neural mass was quite well protected.

After the impact, his shell rolled a few more decametres, losing yet more velocity - and therefore energy - in the sand, and making a large rut in it, with more sand slowly trickling in to attempt to refill that space. Ultimately it came to a stop, flopping over to one side. Yuri still held his operculum tightly over the opening to his shell, where it blended in seamlessly, leaving him to look like just a large boulder lying in the sand. Should anybody come too close to investigate, however, Yuri's operculum would quickly retract, his muscular foot would find it's way to the ground and pull his shell and the rest of him upright, and then his proboscis would engulf whatever small bipedal creature had decided to mess with the Ironshell.

Then they would encounter his radula, he would spit what was left of them back out, and he would proceed to engage the other enemy forces. It was proving to be a good day.

But now, like any good ambush predator, he would wait.

Edited by Grochi of Potoos
  • Upvote 4

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC(A.D.): "It appears that I was mistaken." the dragon said, holding up a shotgun shell. "Someone was killed here, and recently." His mind quickly recalled that fishers used a shotgun as a weapon - he had noticed which side she wore the thing on, even - her left side. 

He growled and caught a small tongue of flame in his hand, then used it to find the the light switch, using his other hand to flick it. More flames escaped from his lips - if there was a dead Matoran in the room, they would be able to see her...

OOC: I'm just going to blame RPG paranoia for this one. Why would it be the first room with the door open lol?

IC: Taurus

The silence went on for a few minutes. Taurus looked around. It just seemed so odd. Why take us out of our lives? He exhaled. "So... Where did you come from? I have seen shadow kraata, yes, but... Not one so easily capable of intellectual thoughts."

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly sighed, tapping her foot patiently as she waited for things to die down, only for them to just escalate further until Nubbins stepped in first. "He's not an 'undesirable'. He's actually quite harmless most of the time. Better than the other one over there." Elly said, jabbing her thumb to Astra, who harrumphed in annoyance. Elly, however, placed her hand over the hand of Langmuir's that had the gem, and then frowned. "This... This is an odd gem." Elly said finally as she pulled her hand away. "The..." Elly struggled over what word to use. "Gem of Neutrality."

IC Intavus:

"What's it do?"

IC Kat:

Sounds of a fight. Big one. 

I looked around. 

Ah, karz, I might as well.

I turned toward the cave wall. Drew back a massive fist. Drills began shreiking as they spun at top speed.

I slammed it into the stone, with a resounding crack, as the wall cracked and began to shatter.

As I worked, I muttered to myself with a grin.

"Hang on, boys, cavalry is on it's way."

IC(A.D.): 

IC: [ Antiro ] - Medical Basement

I maintained my crouched position as the dragon held it up to me -- a tiny cylinder, hollow, which had been part of a collection scattered across the ground. A lifetime spent in Phan-Metru, notorious for its mean streets and record-setting amounts of illegal weaponry, meant that I could recognize a gun shell when I saw one. That said, I couldn't say what sort of gun would've spit this baby out ... only that it was one I didn't want to be on the receiving end of any time soon.

Guns, bloodstains, rigged doors ... this place is just a barrel of laughs, isn't it?

I set my briefcase down carefully on the floor, narrowest side on the ground, Dreisen's warning not to touch anything still hot and heavy in my mind--

And then the dragon flicked on a light switch.

My face fell into the palm of one hand.

"You know we weren't supposed to touch anything, right?" I said through my fingers.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

GM IC: BASEMENT

Nothing happened when A.D. turned the lights on - except that the lights turned on, allowing both him and Antiro to see the room better. They could now see a bit of blood on the operating table, along with the partially torn restraints that hung loose.

The light switch had not been a trap - even Maeus fo Kuru would not want to injure himself, after all.

There was no body to be found, however. If either had seen (or heard) her upstairs, they might recall that Fishers had been in the Doctor's office?

Edited by Lucina

IC: Draco

The Draconic Rahkshi opened his red eyes. Wait- something felt different. He felt much, much stronger. He slowly got up, retrieving his hammer. Where was he? His wings did a nervous flutter- and Draco lifted off the ground.

Shocked, Draco fell back. Okay... That is different. He could have sworn he had smaller, much smaller wings.

But where was he? The answer: Not Corpus. For this place resembled the Refectory, but it had better food. No... He was gone from his home. He started shouting obscenities in Rahkshi tongue and Matoran, and just plain out roaring.

OOC: Open for interaction in commercial sector.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC(A.D.): "There hasn't been any rigged light switches anywhere I know of," the dragon said. "And this is where our Matoran died. But where is the body?"

OOC: This doesn't make any sense. fishers' body was dead, and neither Mirror Lytrel nor Maus moved her. The blood on the floor - and the lack of blood on the table doesn't add, because fishers would have been sitting on the table when she was killed. Unless a character that we don't know about moved her or ate her, she would still be where she died. 

IC(Kalatin): "Incoming!" Kalatin shouted as a blue dot flew toward the pyramid. He grabbed the microphone to open up the pyramid's comm. Why wasn't anyone doing anything? "Everyone get moving!" the gelatin shouted. "Target the enemy forces that you can see. We are under attack. I repeat, we are under attack."

IC(Ganesh): Ganesh found himself in the middle of a kitchen in chaos, listening to a statement about an interdimensional fighting tournament. Out of all of the days of his life, this one qualified as absolutely one of the weirdest, and he had gone through some really. Weird. Days. 

As soon as the message was over, Ganesh surveyed the scene around him. Dead bodies littered the floor, the rising stench of death mixing with the mouthwatering smell of food. He immediately picked up a body and started carrying it out of the kitchen area, setting it down on the ground, then went back in to grab another. It was instinct - the kitchen was operating more slowly due to the bodies in the way, and that was something he was going to fix. 

IC(Ismekne): From a perch high in a tree, Ismekne watched as the pyramid was busted apart with two impressive holes. It was a sight to remember. 

IC - Praggos:

"A little uncomfortable, but not much different than usual," Praggos said, speaking truthfully. "Not entirely sure how to place the sensation. Just made everything seem a little off is all. Slightly nauseating. Probably has some sort of mental effect."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Alyia [Facility, Commercial Sector]

"So there I was, finally fighting Miserix in his dragon form, he had me on the ropes but I still had more than a couple tricks left up my sleeve.  He had begun to cycle through his power presets, when my ####### controller #### the bed and I get blasted by buffed chain lightning."

"And then ~poof~," Hands burst open in an explosion of fingers for effect, "I wake up in a hotel shopping mall with an interior library and giant screens all playing the same #### movie."

Alyia stared imploringly at the being before her, a rather unfortunate soul who long ago gave up trying to sell his themed memorabilia to her, as if waiting for a response.  So, yeah, maybe dreaming about being stuck inside a giant shopping complex wasn't so bad, but honestly the stores kinda sucked.  She glanced behind her, towards another one of the massive screens that lined the walls.

And the dream movies had no plot at all.  Nothing.

"It's a pretty #### movie, too."

Maybe she should lay off the virtual entertainment, watchout kids, it'll turn your brain to mush.

Or a mall.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Isn't a mall, boss." 

The comment, from somewhere over Alyia's left shoulder, came from the Toa staring off into space. Not that anyone could tell, with the seemingly opaque visor that covered his eyes. It was more the subtle series of bodily cues that told her that he was seeing something no one else could, a wealth of information inaccessible to anyone's eyes but his. His fingers idly tapped against his opposite, crossed arm, the only sign of movement. Ever since arriving, the entire time it had taken them to reach this 'Commercial Sector' from where they arrived, he had been analyzing all of the information available to him. Little though it was, more worrying was that which was nowhere to be found.

"Central data storage is missing. So's the internet. We're nowhere on Spherus Magna."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ajiseni (Enforcer Fun)

"Weelllll, if this place follows any sort of logical rules-which I highly doubt-then the next thing to do is probably this!"

As she spoke, the Le-Toa made her way towards the group gathered around Langmuir, the gem, and the pedestal, and accented her last word by shoving the pedestal. 

Whether it moved or not was debatable, and therefore whether Aji ended up looking like a fool was as debatable as that first issue and in fact directly tied to that. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Draco

Draco calmed down a little. Why? Shaking his head, he saw a group of toa? Had they captured him? No... Merchandise was here. So either he got kidnapped to a store, or... Someplace else. He approached on foot- wait. Let's put my newfound wings to the test. Draco crouched, then jumped up, wings beating hard. Sure enough, flight was a simple task now. He flew towards the toa, hammer out. Things could get nasty.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC:

I made a mental note to thank Zak when we had a spare second.

His floor tilting maneuver force the mech down onto its knees, which makes my job a lot easier. My dear friend in the mech taking a swing at me wasn't very surprising, either, and it really only took a pause and a step back to stay out of the arc. One of the few benefits of fighting a mech on foot is that I'm too small for them to target all that accurately, so I just have to be careful to avoid the big movements. And this particular movement gives me exactly the opening I need. 

As soon as the sword tip passes, and I'm sure that it won't be quick enough to stop me, I sprint towards the skinny machine, forced to its knees by the tight confines of the cave. 

And I do what it probably wasn't expecting. 

I dive through the gap between its legs, carrying me through to the cave just behind it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Alyia [Commercial Sector]

"#### Firen, even in a dream you're a gigantic geek."

Alyia glanced over at the being who was certainly a construct of her imagination, brow furrowing as she stared at him.  Small head shake, and an intake of breath through teeth.

"Stttthhhh, yeah, sorry man, no hope for you."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Alyia [Commercial Sector]

She stopped in place, her mouth caught mid-expletive as the implications of what the apparently-not-a-figment-of-her-imagination-so-it's-a-good-thing-she-had-said-nothing-about-how-flattering-he-looked-in-that-shade-of-grey Firen had revealed to her.  Slowly, her eyes began moving again, as she directed her gaze downward to glance at the tacky, bright yellow, "Bionifight" logo tee she now wore.

"You mean I actually payed that much for this ####### thing?"

Desperately, she clawed around for a solution.

"No way, it has to be a dream, I uh... can't read any words!  Wait, ####, nevermind.  No, I've got it, how do you explain my lack of elemental power?"

Solid argument, she felt proud of that.  Teach him to try and trick her into thinking it wasn't a dream.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"The same way I explain my lack of weapons." Pushing aside his coat, he gestured to where his pistol holster should have been. "Whatever took us sealed off, or took away, some of our powers and weapons."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Boss, I've always looked like this." The Toa of Data responded patiently, expanding his sphere of influence, searching for a source of information. There seemed to be a library that he could access, but such records were mostly physical. Inconvenient. There needed to be a digital network here somewhere, something he could more effectively access...

"This isn't a dream."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: The Wyrm - Commercial Sector.

Waking up in the medbay, he headed up to the commercial sector to find some food. He was exhausted, and sore, and hungry.... not to mention the dead bodies everywhere were kind of unnerving. 

OOC: Open for interaction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sesdec - Desert (Royal Blindside)

Sesdec used all of the Polyhydra's great speed in intercepting the projectile. Fortunately, it seemed to be slowing. And then... the great mass changed its direction. Could it have a rider? There was only one way to be certain: Sesdec watched its slow turn for a moment, and then the Polyhydra suddenly knifed out towards the flying construct with all of its mass. He did not expect to maintain his footing on the ground if the blade caught in armor.

OOC: Sesdec attacking Tomo.

IC: Tomo

Turning, turning -

The lights on the consoles of Tomo's cockpit lit up.

Something had breached the mech's armor. Quite seriously too. Taking advantage of her mech's panoramic cockpit, Tomo looked to look at her attacker...

Which was a giant piece of origami.

What.

Putting the thought aside, Tomo...

Tomo did a barrel aileron roll.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC:

"Couldn't tell you." The Toa of Data commented to the... Unusual Rahkshi that had appeared, taking his eyes away from his boss to address the unusual being. First and foremost, of course, Rahkshi didn't usually talk. Or have wings. At this point, he was starting to doubt if he was in reality. "Have about as much of a clue as you do, Rahkshi."

fK5oqYf.jpg