BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

OOC: I'm going to ignore that 'certain death' part for a couple reasons. The first being that, due to the time period in which this is all happening (<2 seconds), Glaive would be hard pressed to raise up any more blades on his body in such a way as to make this certain death, especially considering the fact that Praggos does have armour protecting his vital spots. The other being the fact that, already focused on his claws, Glaive shouldn't feasibly be able to so quickly divert focus and energy to blades on his body to make them raise up fast enough to be immediately lethal, or else his already-begun attack would already start to suffer for it.

Also, given the close range in which everybody was at - something that you can ask Blade about yourself - it doesn't really make any sense for Glaive not to have been tackled.

IC - Praggos:

Having ducked his head down and letting his mask (as well as most of the armour on his body) protect him, Praggos was safe from the blades on Glaive's body, when he started to raise those up as well. So, instead, he and Glaive went to the ground, just after Glaive was partially de-clawed, Praggos rolling off of him before he could suffer any grievous harm from the blades on Glaive's body, starting to drain the energy from Glaive to function. After a moment Praggos relaxed his focus and stood, ready to activate his mask again if needed.

"If I might provide some advice," the robotically-personali-tied Toa began, "I would recommend you don't try to attack those who are stronger than yourself, and I would recommend you try to think about the situation you're in before assuming you automatically know everything about it. You're being childish. Stop." After a moment he noticed that he stung, quite painfully, on his arms, shoulders, and chest. Looking down, he noticed that he did get cut up quite a bit by Glaive's blades, although none of the cuts was lethal or particularly damaging. They could wait until they got back to the facility, and Praggos could go to the medical bay.

"Well, this is inconvenient."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly stepped forward, and frowned, the sword at her side. She couldn't figure out why, but it was working for her, unlike what had happened with Astra. "I recommend listening to Praggos. We don't know your situation, wait until we get back to the facility and can check the records." Elly stated with a frown, and looked over at Intavus. "Different universe, different Makuta."

OOC: Well, I gave Glaive two slots of what amounts to shapeshifting for a reason. It's not just a mask power to be used when it's needed. He uses it to move and battle, and is quite adept at its use. It's fast-acting and versatile, and I haven't shown half of the things he can do. But I don't want to kill anyone. Glaive certainly does, but the only reason I said "certain death" was because I was hoping for another reaction. But your post is understandable and I won't argue further.

IC: Glaive - Enforcer's Quest

Glaive scowled at the others as they stood over him. Slowly, his energy was coming back as the Kanohi was deactivated, and he used the time to regrow his claws to their natural length. "Stronger? Yes..." he scoffed, still wheezing with pain. "You Makuta are all alike... so wrapped up... in your own egos. I understand... perfectly. And destroying villains like you... is what I do every day... powers... or no powers."

He tried to push himself up. The Makuta had made his position very clear. Mere violence was not going to help here.

IC - Ilyin:

"Listen, man, unless you can prove that thing is able to talk to you, I'm not going to believe you and will, in fact, believe you to be slightly further on the insane side than the majority of us," I said, shrugging.

profiles i guess

GM IC: DREISEN/REEZO - MEDICAL BAY

"Alright, let's go," Dreisen ordered, walking away. "I want to check the basement level first - it's the only place in here that the other medical staff wouldn't be in every second of the day. If we're gonna find anything, it'll be down there."

He glanced over at A.D. and sighed.

"You look scared, dragon," he said. "If you're gonna jump at every shadow, I suggest you find something else to do."

Before he could continue, he stopped at Yoko's question.

"I was, but... even I know not to push my luck with the doctor," he replied, suppressing a shudder. "Let's just go."

IC(A.D.): "And let that guy walk free." A.D. said, gesturing one of his claws at the door. "Not happening." 

"I was there when fishers was taken. There are no shadows here except for the ones surrounding him, and he doesn't know that I'm here. So I'm safe." His voice was still soft, but Driesen might note an edge of confidence seeming back into his voice. "Besides, I like myself a good evil villain lair. Lead the way."

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne watched as the rest of the army bustled about with plans again. It was starting to get frustrating, standing here in front of the stronghold door, watching everyone else engage in these massive operations without consulting her or even acknowledging her existance. She stifled a yawn.

So far no one had tried to attack the jungle stronghold. Ismekne had to admire their smarts - entering this area filled with hunters and traps was a good way to die. It seemed that all of these places had quiet formidable defenses. With that in mind, she began walking through the jungle, through places she knew to be safe, checking on the traps...

IC - Vagust:

"Well, big guy, try not to get yourself stuck in any small doorways, alright?" Vagust said to Aclaraung, sheathing his sword on his back again. "I'd hate for us to have to push you through one. Or for you to get us trapped down here until we all starve. Neither would be particularly fun." He turned to Dreisen, gesturing further into the complex that was the medical bay.

"Lead the way, Dreisen."

profiles i guess

IC: Snarl - Elly Quest.

And now they were all trying to kill each other. *Sigh*

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Elly looked back toward Glaive. "Look dude, you're the one who attacked me because you're adamant that this is an illusion. It isn't, and you're just going to have to suck that up and deal with it, and preferably not attack me." Elly stated, as she frowned. She had one way of showing it wasn't an illusion, but wasn't about to risk it.

"Very good, actually." Elly said to Intavus, as she turned around. "For example, Toa themselves can vastly differ in biology, or totally look different, or have different powers, or none at all." Elly explained, as she motioned for everyone to follow her again, heading toward the next hallway.

GM IC: DREISEN/REEZO - MEDICAL BAY

After several minutes of what might have at first seemed like aimless wandering, the group came across a single closed door. Dreisen shared a glance with Reezo before pulling the door open, to reveal... a staircase going down with a single metal rail lining the wall on the right side.

"Alright," Dreisen said, turning to face the group. "I cannot stress this enough: do not touch anythingMaeus is a maniac, and we have no idea what he might have done with the place. Dragon, if you're too large to fit through this doorway... just stand guard."

Having said his piece, Dreisen turned back and entered the stairwell, with Reezo close behind.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - OFFICE

The screens showing the various security feeds lowered from the ceiling once more, one of them revealing Dreisen's group as they entered the basement of the Medical Bay. He glanced over to Mirror Fishers with a small smile as several of the other feeds switched to the Engineering Sector. 

"Look at all of those Mechs," he said softly. "Empty frames, unassigned fighters... all just sitting there, useless. Tools waiting to be used. So many systems in this facility not being watched... it is truly a shame."

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

She stood at the edge of the tunnel, her head still throbbing from what she had put it through.

What she was still putting it through.

You are... certain? she asked.

Of course I'm certain, the Mind Gem snapped back, clearly irritated. It is an Infinite Gem. Of course I'm certain.

Still... she hesitated.

GM IC: SPECIAL WEAPON 

Another flash and shockwave, revealing a Red Orb hovering above the ground.

It flickered, and then vanished away before anyone could claim it.

GM IC: SPECIAL WEAPON

Mere seconds after the previous Special Weapon vanished, another one appeared - this time a Blue Orb. It too remained in place only for a brief second before flickering and vanishing.

GM IC: THE HOST - CONTROL ROOM

The Host frowned, his hands hovering over the controls uncertainly.

Why were the Special Weapons not loading into the arena correctly? The system had never glitched like this before.

"Tsk tsk tsk," he said to himself, shaking his head and relaxing back into his seat. "I suppose I can wait."

• Upvote 2

IC(A.D.): A.D. scowled. He easily fit through the doorway. He felt that the others were trying to get rid of him, and decided to ignore it. And upon reflection, I really dislike being patronized. But he could have spent hours rifling through this maze and never found this level. His mind that kept track of treasure maps flared to life, memorizing the route back here in case he needed to return. 

"Most certainly not that handrail." the dragon said. "There's at least 10 different ways to rig one of those." Electricity, pressure switches that change any number of things ahead in unfavorable ways, magnets to hold you in place, projectile triggers, disintegration to make you fall over if you were leaning on it, propulsion to slam you into the wall and trap your hand, disintegration of the hand that grabbed the rail, if not the entire being, acid, the type that fall to the floor and roll around to knock you off your feet, and my personal favorite - the ones that make the entire stair case below drop away. Not to mention the ones made of snakes. Although those aren't very convincing, so they don't count.

He followed after Reezo and Driesen, keeping his claws away from the rail. He was starting to relax just a little. This was familiar to him. Just like old times, as he minded his weight on the stairway for pressure switches.  

Glaive growled and followed after. "I'm sure you wouldn't," he said to Praggos. To the the unusual one who seemed to be able to duplicate, he replied, "I find it just as impossible that someone else could be made entirely of flesh. Whip died long ago. Not to mention these double-element creatures."

IC Langmuir - Elly Quest

Despite her plot convenient trust in Elly, she didn't trust any of the others farther than she reckoned she could throw them. Except Intavus, a runt like him would fly. So, as they progressed through the dungeon she kept her invisible sword readied and her Calix primed.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC - Ilyin:

"Listen, man, unless you can prove that thing is able to talk to you, I'm not going to believe you and will, in fact, believe you to be slightly further on the insane side than the majority of us," I said, shrugging.

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

"It does not burden me to know your thoughts, Matoran. Believe what you will."

GM IC: NPC VERTAK - ENGINEERING

The Ba-Matoran gripped his sword as he glanced over the systems that the Steltian worker was showing him. 

"As you can see, sir, several of the prototypes appears to be disconnecting themselves from our system entirely," the Steltian was saying, sounding perplexed. "We have not been able to get any of them back online yet."

Perhaps we should inform Dreisen.

That sounds like a good idea.

"Thank you," Vertak said aloud, waving the Steltian off. "Yeah, let's do that. Ybrus, Rhindon, get me a connection with Dreisen."

It will be hard on both of your minds from this distance.

Vertak scowled. "Do it anyway."

GM IC: DREISEN - MEDICAL BASEMENT

Dreisen reached the bottom of the stairwell, turning towards the open doorway on the left; an operating table was visible inside, and on the floor were... blood stains?

As they progressed through the next hallway, Elly shivered slightly, and frowned. That's odd... We're going up... So why does it feel like it's getting colder? Elly thought, as she... thought she saw ice of all things.

IC - Praggos:

Praggos continued to walk, entirely unperturbed by the cold that the others were feeling. Of course, he was also unperturbed by the amount of wounds he suffered - or at least he was until he saw that he was bleeding.

So take Praggos's lack of reaction with a grain of salt, dear reader.

profiles i guess

IC: Ajiseni (Enforcer Quest)

You may ask, inquire, wonder why Ajiseni, a Toa who had shown little restraint in threatening others before hadn't seemed to react to any of the fight between Praggos, Glaive, and the Enforcer. While the blatant answer is simply that the spooky force of myself wasn't around to control her important actions, for an in-universe reason one could chalk it up to the fact that sheer relief of being returned to her own, not super thin and tall body and the celebration of that event occupied most of that time. The rest was spent returning to the back of the group and carefully staying out of things.

Why would she do that and not get involved? Again the answer is more meta than realistic, but in this case the simple concept of sheer shock, exasperation, and incomprehension that a being couldn't listen to simple logic drew more sighs than punches. 

As the group entered the colder tunnels, her totally sincere and not sarcastic tones rung out. 

"Guess we found the air conditioning."

• Upvote 1

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

The cold barely seemed to penetrate his hide as Glaive wandered on without so much as a shiver. Having exactly 0% of your body made of such tender stuff as flesh had its benefits. 

The ice did prove a bit more problematic. All it took was one slip, and Glaive was shifting his claws into blades more closely resembling ice picks for traction. His "fingers" and "toes" spread to distribute his great weight in case not all of the ice was solid.

IC - Llun Yvere:

As Llun continued to wander about the Commercial Sector, growing more agitated with every moment he spent just walking around, he eventually found an area with food. Knowing that it was important to eat in order to maintain his physical well-being, Llun grabbed a plate of various foodstuffs - not particularly caring what he ate so long as it wasn't poisonous - and sat down to eat.

He didn't really notice where he had placed himself until he noticed another being - a large Steltian - sitting right next to him. Fighting his inner urge to back away and move to a different table - or to just remove the other being from existence - he took a bite out of a steak, then looked up at the Steltian.

"Hello," he rasped, in an attempt to seem polite.

profiles i guess

IC: Snarl - Elly Quest.

He cringed as he stepped into the frigid air, his claws scrabbling for purchase on the ice. What the karz....

IC: Xara - Commercial Sector.

Leaving the knowledge sector behind, I headed into the commercial sector. I was hungry, and there were still screens in there that I could use to continue watching the fight. 

Gathering up some good on a tray, I sat down at a table near where two other beings were sitting. "You two new here?" I guessed, not recognising them from previous rounds. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Tirkah:

Unknowing of the rhotuka, it hit him square in the wherever it had been pointed.

Dizziness washed over him, and he dropped to the ground. Blood discoloured his opponent's camoflauge, making him an easier target.

That said, it still felt like the world was trying to spin him off of it. He lashed out clumsily with the Machete, hoping to score another hit.

"Support!" He yelled, hoping at least one of his other teammates on the cliff would come to his aid.

IC: Lytrel

The team sniper had fallen. Did this have anything to do with his cry for aid earlier?

Dashing towards Tirkah, Lytrel noticed an odd blood splattered barely-visible shape. Was it camo?

The stone he had picked up earlier would be useful. Lytrel threw it at the barely visible shape, using his mask to enhance the power of his throw.

OOC: Lytrel throwing a rock at Wyrm.

IC: The Wyrm - Arma Virique - Clifftop.

The flash of the Rhotuka impact had given him an outline of what the attacker looked like, including the rough shape and size of his machete. Stepping back out of the weapon's effective range, he heard it swish through the air....

....and then a rock slammed into his shoulder. 

He turned, hissing angrily, charging and firing off another Rhotuka towards the clearly visible Lytrel, starting to move sideways away from Tirkah as he did so. 

IC Tirkah:

"That's right, ya smarmy , gimme some room..." He muttered.

The invisibility module shorted, then re-engaged, and he was gone once more.

Still disoriented, he pulled his rifle up to his shoulder, and fired at the wobbling target that was Wyrm.

Whether his shot would hit was anyone's guess.