BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Kopen - Control Room (Royal Blindside)

It seemed all she had been since the beginning of the War Games was standing or walking up and down these halls. She could almost do it without her clickers by this point. Kopen walked along before Dayeth, trying to keep a reasonable speed as she followed her own mental map straight back to the Control Room. She didn't speak, and tried to keep her back to the Toa following her.

As they stepped into the Control Room, Kopen stepped aside and leaned up against a wall with a soft introduction of their guest. She tried not to look at... Kalatin.

IC: Dayeth - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Control Room.

"You people wanted me?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zakaro (Arma Virique, Strike Team B, Cove Tunnels)

"I think we're good," Zakaro said. It had been a few seconds since the Strike Team had made it into the caves, and with his breath caught Zak was ready to rumble. 

"I'll take point unless either of you want it. Should be able to feel some of the vibrations in the stone, even though it's stone. Seismic stuff is kinda my thing. I can tell if something big is coming, at the least. Let's be off."

The Onu-Toa placed his left hand on the side of the tunnel and paused for a moment, making sure the way forward was clear enough. Motioning for the other to follow, he began to slide forward, trying to make as little sound as possible for the moment, and keeping all of his senses as alert as possible. Smell, any sign of light other than from behind, any odd sounds, they were all things he was watching for. Figuratively. Onu-Toa Zak may be, but his night vision was only a bit better than the normal. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Kale ironshaper- Blindside- Pyramid

IC: Kale gave Virse a comforting squeeze to the shoulder as he moved past her to the new arrivals. Dayeth was just as temperamental as he had gathered from his glimpses of her in the past.

"The fighter list says that you have a 'Nuva Mask of Emulation.' I'm not personally familiar with it but the description was enough to give me a few ideas."

His hand came up, an orb of light forming in his palm as he moved closer to the Dark Toa.

"I want you to copy my Light."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Hryfon - Cove Tunnels

He continued down (up?) the tunnels, the others uncomfortably capable of riddling his back with holes. Better talk small.

"So, interesting weather in here, eh? Cloudless thunderstorms, a desert, picturesque grassy knolls and a steamy jungle within a few square kio. Ever wonder what the karz the gamemasters are?"

IC Tenjou - Royal Blindside - Pyramid

Her touchdown was rough, her dash through the pyramid a little rougher.

As she neared the control room, she slowed her pace and breathing. No need to upset Kopen, who was surely a little frayed after all this. She stepped into the room, surveying the crowd.

...but close to it

IC: The Puppetmaster - Tahtorak's Fist - Tunnels.

He'd asked himself that question many times already, and he had only one answer: "Powerful."

The Dark Toa's laughter echoed through the labyrinthine structure. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kale's face changed.

The edges of his mouth curled up into a smile.

There was no mistaking the predatory look that ever so slightly colored his features as he pinned the Dark Toa with a gaze that was just shy of being a physical lance.

But probably the scariest thing was the fact that the smile was reaching his eyes.

The orb of light exploded, growing until it filled the room. It was almost a solid presence as it flowed around all the occupants and spilled out into the hallway beyond. Slowly but surely a sense of warmth began to creep into the souls of everyone present.

Joy

Mirth

Playfulness

Friends

Family

And underneath it all one could almost feel a subtle beat that did it's level best to get the foot tapping.

In short it was the opposite of everything that Makuta had made Dayeth into back on her version of Mata Nui. Kale was familiar with her background, having gone over it along with that of several others after the first round. He would be karzed if he missed such an easy chance to fix something that Demon had broken.

"Probably starting to feel a bit uncomfortable there Dayeth. Copy the power."

• Upvote 7

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

She recoiled from the light, shrinking back towards the darkest corner of the room and pulling her cloak over her body. "What do you think you're doing?" she snarled, fighting past the burning sensation within to spit her words with as much venom as she could muster. "You think torturing me is going to make me agree to help you?" 

She narrowed her eyes. "You're supposed to be the moral one, Toa of Light. But you're no better than me." 

IC: Hagah

Hagah, despite everybody else assembling outside the Pyramid, had been wandering the halls of the pyramid, both to scout the place out and to escape the heat and dryness of the Desert.

As he passed by the control room, he was suddenly hit by Kale's wave of... something.

"..."

Hagah gave a "moo" in confusion.

The music...

The music...

Sure, the wave of something felt warm and happy, but the music...

ThE mUSIc!!!

"I DON'T LIKE THE MUSIC! MUSIC BAD!"

Hagah remembered a time when one of the members of his Hagah team had brought in a trinket from Xia, which played this really repetitive, annoying beat coupled with an honest-to-Makuta grating vocal track. And he was playing it all night, every night...

Eventually even his liege lord grew sick of it and demolished the stereo with a blast of shadow.

The guardsman who brought the stereo in disappeared soon after.

Hagah bellowed loudly and covered his ears even as he galloped away. Away from the music...

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

She didn't need to see Kale's voice to know he was not happy with Dayeth. And Kopen couldn't blame him. Given another half second and she would have invoked all the powers her office gave upon the Toa's head.

And then, warmth flooded the room. All of Kopen's worries and anger seemed to burn away, leaving a soothing calm. She knew the feeling. It was exactly what Kale's element had felt like back in the Med Bay, when he had healed her. She leaned back on the wall and let out a soft sigh. She couldn't keep her fingers from tapping along to the beat.

Dayeth was not enjoying it like she was. Her clickers caught the Toa jumping back and screeching in defiance. Kopen wanted to step forward... but it felt so good, sitting right here.

IC: Virse - Control Room (Royal Blindside)

Virse was having a similar experience to Kopen, though she knew the true cause. Her shoulders straightened and a grin slipped onto her face beneath her cloth as she watched the light spread through the room. Soon, it overcame even her resistance to light, and she had to close her eyes against the glare. But it was not uncomfortable. The Gift of the Great Beings enveloped her, purging the grief and horror the attack had brought.

"The Mighty Creators be praised," she muttered blissfully.

IC Maccha Yellow! - Royal Blindside - Pyramid Platforming Sequence

"Karz, you're heavy!"

But heavy wouldn't stop you now!

"MACCHA ENDZONE RUSH!"

Tucking the remains of the robotic lieutenant to your chest not unlike a football, you sprinted through the corridors, jumping, ducking and weaving around obstacles and an Artahka Bull in your effort to get to Kopen ASAP. It took all you had note to spike the electronic buffet spread to the floor as you tore into the room.

"Xaeraz reporting in!"

• Upvote 3

...but close to it

Kale Ironshaper- Blindside- Pyramid

IC: "This is simply two of my goals alining. My world used to be like yours Dayeth, before Makuta was banished from our plane of reality and sealed within a Legend. I have a fair idea of what your universe is like and I can hardly stand by while countless innocents are killed and tortured to suit the whims of a few cruel taskmasters."

An unseen arm raised until it was pointed directly at the cowering Dayeth.

"You are my way to help. When this all ends you will be returning to your world and I intend to make that place at least a little brighter when you do. That feeling of yours is your inner shadow burning away at the touch of light. I can only assume it was somewhat more unpleasant than I expected."

The hand dropped back the the white and silver Toa's side.

"I am willing to put your treatment off though. Something almost entirely wiped out the advance team and my strategy to counter it involves the use of your mask. Use this chance to copy my power and I will wait untill the round is over."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Treatment?" she shrieked. "Is that how you justify this to yourself? You think killing what makes me who I am will help me?" She started shuffling along the wall towards the exit. "You and your pathetic prejudices can go to karz for all I care." 

Kale Ironshaper- Blindside- Pyramid

IC: The room rang with laughter. It was not harsh and mocking sound, instead it sounded as if Kale was genuinely amused.

"Think of this like pulling out a blade. It's going to hurt, no way around that. But some things in life are worth that pain."

A sweep of his hand sent a solid metal door raising to block the exit to the room just as Maccha and his passenger entered.

"As somebody who has gone through a very similar process, I can tell you right now that there is no death involved. Either physical or mental. You will still be your ever so...charming self. Simply with probably have somewhat less of an urge to rule over everything with an iron fist though."

Nobody else with working eyes could see it but Kale had now turned to the two newcomers.

"Maccha, Xaeraz, welcome. I'm currently trying to convince Dayeth to copy my light powers. I think she has a problem with it."

A soft whirr as he turned back to the Dark Toa.

"Feel free to try and kill me after the round ends. The shadow within you would demand nothing less. I'll stop now if you agree to my plan or I can keep going. I'm going to count this as a win even if we all die as long as i make you even that less of a block hole."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC(Kalatin): The gelatin had shied away from Kopen as a courtesy, so he was on the edge of Kale's light show. While it did appear to be slightly emotionally soothing, he had no desire to be fried. He flattened himself out along the back wall as Maccha and Xaeraz came in, simply to give the group more space. 

"How about this," she hissed, fists clenched by her sides, "I agree to copy your powers now, but after that, you leave me the karz alone. No more of your torture, no more of moralistic nonsense about "helping me". You leave me be." 

Eyes downcast, her voice was hoarse, "We can go our separate ways, and I'll pretend you never made that threat." 

IC: For several seconds Kale was silent as he measured Dayeth's words. The possible lives of thousands of people in her home universe as opposed to the continued possibility of victory in this sham of a tournament. On the surface it seemed simple but a thought in Kopen's direction brought extra variables to the problem.

Kale had no desire to let Kopen down. Her already fragile ego had been placed under even greater stress from the most recent round. The Av-Toa had done his best to take the burden upon himself but if he continued with his present course all sorts of problems would make themselves known. For starters Dayeth would probably start screaming for any one of a a thousand reasons. Whether from actual pain or in an effort to draw others to her rescue and act like the victim.

Victim, her? After what she did back on her version of Mata Nui?

The stillness was broken as Kale absorbed both the light filling the room and the metal covering the doorway. All that remained was a single spark above on of his fingers.

"I don't suppose I should expect I serial murderer like you to even completely understand what I was doing. Nonetheless, I accept your counter-offer."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The next breath she took was long and shaky as she attempted to calm herself. "Okay... okay...." focusing all of her attention on the spark of light flickering in the Av-Toa's hand, she activated her mask, and began emulating the power of light.

She hated herself for it.... but there wasn't much else she could do. 

GM IC: DREISEN/REEZO - MEDICAL BAY

"We are not just looking in your office, doctor," Dreisen said spitefully, turning away. "We are looking everywhere. Your emergency rooms, your basement level... and if we find anything suspicious, I'm going to find a way to have you removed."

He exited the office with Reezo close behind; the Skakdi glanced over his shoulder back at Maeus as they left.

"If anybody is interested in searching the Medical Bay for any hidden dead bodies, come with me," Dreisen announced.

GM IC: SPECIAL WEAPON

There was a flash and a bang and many sparkles.

When all the dust cleared there was an oddly shaped piece of orange plastic (metal? protodermis? what material was it?) lying in the dirt amongst the dust that had once been the pedestal.

Edited by Lucina

IC - Llun Yvere:

Llun's eyes narrowed, as the message from the Host finished playing back. He had just recently been engaged in battle, trying to kill one of the many villagers who had doomed a soul of his to death in a previous life, when he was so rudely snatched away. Now...he was made to do battle even more. It would provide a good opportunity for him to sharpen his skills, however. And yet...he couldn't feel the presence of the minds around him, and he no longer seemed able to make his illusions. Obviously, some of his powers were now locked away.

It would be no matter; he would just have to hone his other abilities. He uncurled his arms, and kicked the hatch to the containment tube he was in open. A moment later and he floated elegantly out of it, landing on his feet perfectly. Now free, he turned his head, looking around. It was only him who was present in the area, and no others, minus a corpse or two on the ground. He scowled in annoyance. Obviously, the staff that had been his ally was no longer with him. It was no matter - the Watcher's staff had been a tool for the furthering of his goals. He could make do without.

Reaching out telekinetically, he forced the door to the room he was in open, and stepped out of it, before following the hallways out into the rest of the facility that he was now a part of. It seemed that a battle had already commenced, and that he would be without opportunity to truly hone his skills for some time. But he could wait. Instead, he took to wandering the Commercial Sector, observing how there were some few corpses on the ground in this area, as well.

OOC: Llun open for interaction.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: [Olari, Royal Blindside, Pyramid Interior]

Her shadow streaked out behind her as Olari watched Kale's...persuasion of Dayeth. Her feelings for this were mixed. On the one hand it was effectively torture, something she wasn't entirely sure she was comfortable with. It had never been necessary against Bohrok, there was simply no point or purpose in trying to draw out their destruction. Just end them and move on. This...this left a bitter taste in her mouth.

But on the other hand, Dayeth was refusing to obey direct orders. That had to be dealt with somehow, right? And this was possibly the easiest way of doing it. And it wasn't like it was permanently damaging. Just a little light show, a bitter taste in the shadow Toa's mouth instead.

Overall...Olari felt she could live with this. If Dayeth would not respect the chain of command then she would fear it and that would have to do

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Taurus

Ah! An entrance! Taurus entered to see... More death. Seriously. Trying to ignore the grim nature of this place, Taurus looked around. He started wandering about, making a fairly loud noise. Merchandise? It seemed this was a big event, and yet... How had he never heard of it? He continued on.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly was about to respond, when the thousands of Intavus in the room took her attention away. "Really?" Elly mumbled, wondering why this had been the ragtag group for this time. Elly disabled the powers of Intavus for the moment, and before anything could happen, and apologetically ignoring the others for the moment so they could get out of there, motioned to the group, and began to head back where they had come from... Except that it didn't lead back to the facility, and simply to a different chamber. As the group stepped in, however, Astra and Elly simultaneously yelled out, and the glowing lined sword flew across the ground, even as the two seemed utterly perplexed. "What just... happened?" 'Astra' said, as Elly scowled, and tried to take a step forward, but then fell to the ground for some reason, as if her balance was off.

IC: Snarl - Elly Quest.

He still had no idea what was happening. 

IC - Praggos:

"How interesting," Praggos said, his dry voice lending a sort of emphasis to the words that he was now incapable of adding otherwise. He stepped forwards, to aid Elly in standing back up, and at the same time fully expecting that he would fall himself. Assuming he didn't fall, however, he would be holding a hand out for Elly to take and pull herself back up with.

profiles i guess

And with Dayeth's acceptance, the warmth vanished. For the first time, Kopen noticed that Xaeraz... or what was left of him, had been brought in. She wandered over to where he rested, her face set in a grimace. "Is there... anything we can do? Kale's light helped me, maybe..." Even she knew that would be useless. She tried to remember if anyone in the army had some kind of healing power, and then she grinned. "Wait a minute, you said you had a mask that could help!"

IC: Glaive - Enforcer's Quest

Illusions. It's all illusions. Nothing real could be like this. But how do I escape?

Glaive's eyes never left the sword, and so when the two cried out and the sword lit up, Glaive was ready. The moment it moved, he moved... in the opposite direction.

OOC: Poor Glaive. =P

Elly smacked Praggos' hand away; which was rather... odd for her. She picked herself off, and was brushing herself off, when she paused. "What?" The tall being seemed puzzled, as Astra looked up in surprise. While Praggos didn't fall, there was definitely something odd going on, as Astra strode forward, and attempted to push Elly against the wall.

"What sorcery is this?!" Astra said in an oddly different sort of tone than normal. Elly glared back in disgust, though had no words to reply. Letting Elly go, Astra walked over to the glowing sword, and picked it up, the glow fading as it reverted to its inactive state. "Come on. I don't know what happened, but, you have to follow me, no matter how I look right now." Astra said... though those words made things even more mysterious than they were before. Just what had happened...?

• Upvote 1

IC - Praggos:

When his hand was smacked away, and Astra and Elly started talking amongst each other differently than Praggos expected of Elly, at least, his brain immediately started to process the information being given to him. Once Astra started to take charge, Praggos definitely thought he had figured out what happened.

"You two didn't trade bodies, did you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Elly in Astra's body, and vice versa? Or do you both appear to yourselves exactly as you should?" He thought for a moment, and then came up with a better solution.

"Here. Whichever one of you believes themselves to truly be the Enforcer, raise your left hand."

profiles i guess

IC: Ajiseni (Enforcer Fun)

For once, Aji didn't have a snarky comment to make. Rather, she didn't have any sort of annoyed, or sarcastic, or grumpy, or really any comment to make at all. It wasn't that she didn't want to make one, but rather that she just couldn't find the right words. 

After unsuccessfully trying to articulate her problems for a few seconds, the Le-Toa just sighed and planted her chin in her hand, blankly watching the continuing shenanigans. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

'Astra' raised her left hand, while 'Elly' continued to look at her as if she were the scum of the earth. "I don't know what happened, but when we walked in, we switched bodies." 'Astra' explained, which also answered Urashimako's question in the process. "We're not going to have things be answered any sooner if things keep going the way they are, though, so let's just keep going." 'Astra' said, as, although it would still be unknown, the same thing happened to Glaive and Nubbins...

'Astra' paused. 'Elly' paused. 'Astra' walked over to Praggos, and nodded to 'Elly'; actually thinking the same thing for once. As the two of them looked at Praggos, they gave a one-two slap to each side of his face for the joke; even as 'Astra' began to walk away once more.

IC: Glaive - Enforcer's Quest

Everything was turned on it's head. Even before it was explained, he had his suspicious of what had happened. Things couldn't get any crazier.

Or maybe... they could. The first thing Glaive was conscious of was a massive shift in weight. Though he was made of steel, he had always been quicksilver. Now, as he attempted to follow, he found himself taking huge, lumbering steps. And were those... four arms?

It's all an illusion. This is not real. This cannot be REAL!! Not even a Makuta has this power!!

"WHAT IS THIS FOOLISHNESS?!?!" 'Nubbins' shouted

The real Elly paused with a blink, as she looked at her hand. "... That's odd, it felt like I just high-fived that body stealer..." Elly mumbled, and then shook her head, as she continued on her way.