BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Special Weapons Spawn.

"I guess so...." I cast a glance back towards the cliff. It seemed that team was content to just sit around and play the defensive game all day. And the jungle team hadn't made any moves either. Well.... this is boring.... 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Antiro - Special Weapons Spawn

"You must be a real treat at parties," I said, raising an eyebrow when I saw that the speaker was ... a very ... very ... large Toa of Air.

Huh.

Not that that makes me feel inadequate or anything.

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly gripped the sword, as she focused on it. She didn't pay attention to the shocked comments from the others; right then, it would just break her focus. The beam of light appeared from the sword once again, and Elly felt a surge of energy flow through her... And then she fell to the ground for what seemed to be the briefest of moments.

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

"I've got a few, and none of them are really making me happy," Dreisen muttered. "This tournament really can go to h-"

[DIAGNOSTIC COMPLETED. ALL SYSTEMS OF DR. BUNDY OPERATING AT 100% CAPACITY. NO ANOMALIES DETECTED.]

The Head of Engineering's mouth shut in a firm line as he was cut off by the AI. He took a deep breath to calm himself before nodding.

"Yes. Well, that's bloody brilliant," he said, eyes narrowing at the Mech before he turned to Reezo. "I need you to go and check on the Infinite System - see if Fishers had any lives taken away recently. She might have been killed by it after breaking rules, or maybe she missed one too many rounds."

The Skakdi nodded and turned to do just that as a Ba-Matoran wearing a Kanohi Volitak arrived, a gold and black sword at his hip.

"I've already checked the Infinite System," the Ba-Matoran said, handing Dreisen a tablet displaying Fishers' profile. "Looks like Doctor Maeus over in Medical took off several lives recently only to give her more than most of the other fighters. From what I've heard of him so far... I'm guessing it wasn't pleasant; she apparently did die a few minutes ago, but... got revived? Maybe the system glitched?"

• Upvote 1

IC - Vagust:

"That...fails to make much sense," Vagust replied, to the Ba-Matoran. "The death and then apparent revival. That doesn't work. And the taking and giving of lives seems rather pointless..." Vagust frowned, tapping on his chin with one hand. Maybe the death did have something to do with this.

"Maybe we should go and visit Mr. Maeus, and see if he could tell us what happened?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC(A.D.): Okay, I'm just going to take a look through that door. Just one look, and if there is an evil Skakdi on the other side, I'm going to shut it.

He cautiously opened the door that he had seen Dr. Maeus lead fishers through, nerves standing on end. He had no idea what he was doing, and it was all he could do to control his panic. His claws were shaking. A row of medical rooms unfolded before him. He closed the door in front of him, his face still a mask of fear as he backed into the main portion of the med bay. A maze.

Edited by fishers64

IC Hryfon - Arma Virique - Cove Water

Ah, there was the offensive! He was planning on a prat fall, some scrounging in pain and other such theatrics. But a single misstep led to some very real pain as his left ankle let out a meaty Crack and the seismic waves knocked him flat on his . Roughly getting to his feet, he ran for the water and dived in, beginning the swim towards the tower of rock before him.

Ow.

Ow.

...but close to it

Dreisen glanced from Vagust to the Ba-Matoran, frowning as the Matoran spoke again in response to the fighter.

"A glitch in the Infinite System is highly unlikely," the Matoran said, shrugging. "As odd as it sounds, death and immediate revival is the more likely alternative - even if it seems unrealistic. And suspicious."

"Thank you, Vertak," Dreisen said, shaking his head and sighing before nodding to Vagust. "As much as I hate it, you're right - a chat with Maeus might provide some insight into what the heck is going on... even if it's just to tell us Fishers' current whereabouts. We'll have to tread carefully, though. I've only had one conversation with him before, and it was convincing him not to strap me to an operating table and dissect me."

The Head of Engineering involuntarily shuddered at the memory before pushing it aside and turning to the Ba-Matoran.

"Vertak, you're in charge of Engineering while I'm up at Medical," he ordered. "Keep an eye on Dr. Bundy here, and have Tavyn continue running diagnostics. Keep an eye on the other Mechs as well, and let me know if any other unusual things come up."

"Sure."

Without missing a beat, Dreisen spoke to the black Skakdi next as they handed him back his wrench. "Reezo, you're coming to Medical with Vagust and I. Let's go get some answers."

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - OFFICE OF MAEUS FO KURU

The monitor flickered to life, revealing a scrolling list of names. 

Elittra (6), Anna (6), Xara (8), Alisa Dare (7), Ravyn (7), Ferez (7), Xaeraz (12), Ezezko (10), Taurus (7)....

"This," Maeus said, turning the monitor so that his companion could see it, "is the Infinite System. As the fighters are all aware, it is essentially the Host's favored tool for keeping them all in line. The fighters start with several lives at the start of the tournament; good behavior, winning rounds, or even just doing the Host a few favors is enough to increase the number of lives they have. Likewise, misbehavior results in the deduction of lives; and if a fighter reaches zero... the Infinite System kills them. The death is unique to each fighter, and they can be rather entertaining."

Maeus pulled his keyboard closer to himself and tapped a few keys; the scrolling list of names vanished, only to be immediately replaced by another, listing what appeared to be....

"Facility staff," the Skakdi whispered, his chilling smile becoming a smirk. "What the fighters are not informed about is that the facility staff are also tied to the Infinite System - again, it is a means to keep them all... loyal to the cause, so to speak. But they carry only one life in the system... and so all it takes is the press of a button for them to be slain. It has the potential to be... rather devastating, if also a little too fast."

The Skakdi chuckled, tapping several commands in; three large screens slowly lowered from the ceiling, displaying security feeds of the Commercial Sector and Medical Bay. 

"Just like this."

Half of the names visible on the computer screen were highlighted; and their counters dropped from one to zero.

On the security feeds, staff members all over the Commercial Sector and Medical Bay collapsed to the floor.

GM IC: A.D. - MEDICAL BAY

As he made his way through the Medical Bay, A.D. would be caught by surprise as several of the medical staff hurrying about suddenly became limp, collapsing to the floor.

GM IC: THE SHOPKEEPER - COMMERCIAL SECTOR

Humming to himself as he inserted his latest pizza masterpiece into the oven, the large Po-Matoran twisted the dial to increase the temperature inside the oven, and then - 

There was a resounding thud as the extremely large Po-Matoran fell to the floor, already dead.

• Upvote 5

IC: Mirror Lytrel's features remained impassive but for a small smirk at the corner of his mouth as he watched the staff collapse to the floor in unison. Eventually, he looked up to Maeus, and said simply, "You know this will not save them, yes Maeus?"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Xaeraz stumbled to his feet, likely the only person to not have a parched throat due to not even having a throat anymore. Glancing at the pedestal, he squinted at the cube, then gently reached down to pick up the (seemingly) harmless artifact.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Snarl - Elly Quest.

He had no idea what was going on. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Arkrax - Central Field (Royal Blindside)

Without the shield to brace him, this blast tossed the unanchored Arkrax through the small fortress. Fortunately, he was able to regain control before colliding with the wall, perhaps causing damage to his box. As he gazed around at the source of the blast, he found Lieutenant Xaeraz reaching out towards a small brown box.

IC: Glaive - Enforcer's Quest

The sword activated once more, and the Enforcer collapsed with the strain of it. The sight only convinced Glaive that it might be safer to take a few more steps backwards before a stray strike flew in his direction. Self preservation was far more important than some illusion he only just met.

IC(A.D): A.D. looked around in terror as medical staff collapsed to the floor around him.

Maeus.

But why would he stop his own medical staff? To make sure that the fighters in the war games stay dead. He gasped in shock, and fell over, catching himself on a bed. Maeus had done something to fishers, and now he was going to destroy the entire tournament to cover his crime.

He killed her. A thousand thoughts raced through his mind at once. The Host had to be informed. The tournament would have to be stopped. Maeus would have to be killed. But how?

Running mad, the dragon burst out of the med bay doors, and ran to the nearest door to the arena. He blasted fire at the door in desperation, clawing at it and ramming into it with all the strength and adrenaline he had within him.

IC(A.D.): "HOST!" A.D. yelled, still banging on the door. "MAEUS KILLED OFF THE MEDICAL STAFF! YOU HAVE TO STOP THE TOURNAMENT OR EVERYONE IN THERE DIES FOR REAL!"

OOC: I intended the IC where A.D. opens the door to be one where he did what he thought he would do - opens the door fishers went through, closes the door after looking, but does not walk through. Then everyone collapses around him, dead. That's why he concludes Maeus was responsible immediately, even though the door wasn't really responsible.

Right now the dragon's nowhere near close to rational. Anyway.

IC:

"Patrolling the woods would be wise. Stay unseen, if you can manage it. If you discern an approaching enemy, get word back and then engage in guerilla tactics." The General nodded slightly as she issued her instructions, watching out of the corner of her vision as the strike team departed.

"Things have been quiet so far, but that will not remain the case."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Antiro - Special Weapons Spawn

Getting back to my feet, I'd wanted to say, "These Special Weapons seem to be causing more trouble than they're worth," but with my throat suddenly parched, it came out as more of a, "Fee spec-ah wee--"

--before descending into a hacking cough.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Vagust:

"You know, Dreisen, I'm really not looking forward to this," Vagust said, frowning. "An insane doctor is enough to deal with. An insane doctor who apparently has access to the system that is keeping myself and all my fellow combatants alive is another thing entirely. You sure we shouldn't try to get the Host or the Queen to come with us too? At least, the Queen. I don't know that I'd feel all too secure with the Host by our side."

profiles i guess

GM IC: SPECIAL WEAPON

"Good day, Xaeraz!" the Host said brightly, speaking directly into the fighter's ear. "That's the Evaporator! It'll let you suck out all of the moisture from anything in your line of sight - barring the other fighters, of course. You will need to find a place to eject all of that moisture, and you might be left a little vulnerable while using it, but I daresay you might find it useful regardless!"

OOC: Evaporator - Allows the users to absorb all of the moisture from everything in their line of sight barring the other fighters. Once absorbed, the moisture can be left in another location. This Special Weapon requires the entire focus of the user, leaving them vulnerable to attack when in use. 

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL OFFICE

The Skakdi shrugged, not bothered.

"Sometimes the sacrifice is necessary for the scare factor," he said.

Dreisen shook his head in response to Vagust.

"The Host is busy with the War Games and wouldn't take kindly to being interrupted," he said. "As for the Queen, I don't even know where she is - you don't find the Queen. The Queen finds you. And the Enforcer is almost certainly a no-go as well if they were taking fighters on a quest. If you won't come, that's your decision; but you did offer to help. Regardless, you need to leave Engineering anyway while I'm gone."

IC: Xaeraz tossed the cube into the air, catching it again before touching a finger to his earpiece. He moved away from the podium and said, "Kale, question for you. Can you think of any plans for assaulting one of our enemies that would make use of a weapon that sucks away moisture from everything I can see, barring other fighters? Because I have an idea or two myself."

IC: Agraney lumbered over to Elly, holding out a hand that would be much stronger than any of Intavus', obviously.

"It seems you have found a POWERFUL WEAPON."

IC: "Still," Mirror Lytrel said, folding his arms. "So, tell me, Maeus. You kno this system better than I, obviously. How do you think we should use it?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Vagust:

"I was still planning on coming, just throwing out ideas for extra backup," Vagust replied, rolling his eyes. "Well, if that's how it's going to be, then, we'd best get moving to wherever our kind doctor is. Hopefully we'll get some answers."

profiles i guess

Kale- Royal Blindside- Pyramid

IC: A grin crossed the Av-Toa's face at Xaeraz's words. It sounded like their initial charge to the center was finally paying off.

"Indeed I do Xaraz. What do you say, Jungle first?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - OFFICE

"Well, the obvious answer is to cut all of the fighters off of the Infinite System," Maeus replied. "Any who die in the arena would then die in reality."

"Then let's go," Dreisen ordered.

He nodded to Vertak as he led Reezo and Vagust away, reaching the elevator that would take them back up to the lower halls without incident and stepping inside.

• Upvote 1

IC: "Absolutely not, Maeus," Mirror Lytrel said, authority creeping into his voice. "Though we may not agree on if the staff were saved by your stunt, cutting off the system during this round would save none of those who died." He paused, looking at the computer before swiveling his gaze back to the mad doctor.

"What can your system do to the facility itself?"

IC: "Agreed, Kale. The only problem is, I'll need somewhere to send all the water when I'm done, and I'll need some defense. I think I'm going to be vulnerable while using the Evaporator."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Vagust:

Vagust stepped into the elevator, resisting the urge to reach for the sword on his back. He had no reason to believe there might be a battle, but still. Things were acting up in a weirder manner than seemed normal, and now he was rushing off to confront a somewhat insane doctor with control over whether or not he lived or died. Having steel in his hand would at least be comforting.

"So. Any ideas as to what we're going to find out?" Vagust asked, his earlier question applied to a different situation.

profiles i guess

Kale- Royal Blindside- Pyramid

IC: "Toss it at the Cove zone. Some more water over there won't harm us. I'll send the rest of the troops up with Kopen in a bit, that should provide you all the defenses you might need."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Hryfon - Arma Virique(?) - Swimming

He was swimming and cringing in pain from his ankle, searching for the tunnel entrance(s).

;Did you ever tell your people in the tunnels to not kill me?;

IC Langmuir - Elly Quest

She was really confused and almost shrieked when the strange ominous sword knocked out whatshername.

...but close to it

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Special Weapons Spawn.

"You've got a weapon that can drain all the moisture out of an area," I approached Xaeraz, "I can set myself on fire." An expression that roughly equated to a grin spread across my faceplate. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

IC: The Puppetmaster - Tahtorak's Fist - Clifftop.

Well, no. I told someone else to go do it.... 

IC: The Wyrm - Arma Virique - Cliffside. 

He was about halfway up now. The wind and the surface of the uneven cliffside were hampering his progress, but he was confident that he'd be able to make it the rest of the way up....

Edited by Locus

IC: Miras (Tahtorak Clifftop)

Eyes narrowed, I take a glance down the cliff face towards the water, checking for any possible enemies near the escarpment, a reasonable precaution due to the recent assault by the dragon. "Control," I shout. "Any fighters near the cliff face?"

OOC: Miras shouting to any fighters currently at Tahtorak control.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Tenjou - Royal Blindside - Cove Border Airspace

As her team had procured ground control, she had worked on procuring air control. Flying at a height of nearly two hundred meters and cloaked in a refractive field, she had a clear if smallish view of most of the battlefield. Several seemingly important players caught her eyes, a detachment of cliff top ranged fighters. Right now she estimated that her team wasn't within range, but it'd be best to deal with them before that became a problem...

She gathered ambient light, preparing herself for a taxing maneuver. In essence, it was a giant and extremely high powered laser pointer. Projected in the infra red frequencies so as to be nearly invisible. She simply had to create the source of light and focus it on her target. An infinitesimally small point of extreme heat and energy would be diffused enough by the time it reached the cliff top to be a fist sized beam, more than capable of punching through armor. Her first target would be the largest figure at this distance, a titan of some sort.

The laser made nary a sound as it streaked all but invisibly towards it's target.

OOC

Attacking Miras with a high power infrared laser pointer. To be clear, like a laser point it stays "on" until the button is released. In this case it's about a one second burst

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: "Gotcha, Kale. Having the army up here as quick as possible would be nice so we an get moving. I don't want someone to come in and kill us all before I get to use this," Xaeraz joked before turning to Xara with a grin.

"I might be, yes. But I've got an addition I'd like to make."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun