BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Special Weapons Spawn.

"What sort of additions?" I asked, pausing to peer out through one of the slits in the wall towards the jungle.

IC: Dayeth - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Steps.

Emerging from the corridors the Dark Toa started down the steps, still waiting to be needed. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Xaeraz paused for a moment, then said simply, "It's all going to depend on who arrives with the army. I'd rather not elaborate beyond that in case we haven't seen a De-Toa or someone sneak up on us. You understand, right?"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Special Weapons Spawn.

"Perfectly understandable," I replied, "I'm just getting tired of all of this waiting...." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kopen - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

Kopen turned away from Von Worten and put a hand to the communications device in her ear. She had tried her best to tune Xaeraz and Kale out, but her name jumped out at her.

She turned back with her face fixed in a determined scowl. Ready or not, it was time to be general. "It's time to move," she told Von Worten before turning to the idle forces and shouting it again. "It's time to go! Everyone, get ready to move to center!"

IC: Mirror - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

Mirror perked up as he heard someone shouting. He had been on the verge of sleep. The cool shade and hot climate seemed to lull him like nothing else.

He snatched up his Shard Lance and marched over into position, still yawning the whole way.

IC: Arkrax - Central Field (Royal Blindside)

Arkrax looked down at Contestant Antiro, something nearing pity reflected on his face. "It sounds as if ~ we will have ~ plenty of water soon," he buzzed. His form flickered slightly, the greatest show of nervousness he was capable of.

IC: Thaera - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

"Well, it's about time," Thaera groaned as their general's voice echoed through the pyramid. He sat up and grabbed Io, offering a hand to Nisa. "Looks like we're getting our action after all."

IC: Sesdec - Pyramid (Royal Blindside)

Hark! The call to arms sounds! Sesdec had been occupying his time examining the intricacies of the Polyhydra's form, learning its true capabilities. They were marvelous, indeed. But now was the time to put them to the test! He did not bother to get to his feet, instead, allowing the folds to buoy him up and carry him off to where the others were gathering.

IC: Miril - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Exterior.

"About time," turning away from Tuyetkhamun, I approached the General. "I take it the strike force was successful in getting their hands on some of those special weapons The Host mentioned?" 

IC: Dayeth - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Steps.

Wordlessly, she moved to join the rest of the troops. 

IC: Terry Terrix - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Foyer.

Rolling haphazardly down the steps, he trundled across the sand to join the others. 

Edited by Locus

Kopen turned to the Toa addressing her. She... remembered that voice, but there was no way she could pick out which name it matched. All of them were blurring together in her head. How Xaeraz and Kale did it, she didn't know. Her scowl faltered for a second as she unsuccessfully tried to place it. "Um... Yes! I heard Xaeraz mention at least one. A... dehydrator, or something. There may be more."

IC: Von Worten - Royal Blindside Army

I nodded slowly and looked out over the desert toward the center. I did not know exactly what dangers lay ahead, but I did not doubt that it would not be much longer before fighting began.

I prepared to move out with the rest of the force.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

"Hm... interesting...." this was different to the other tournaments I'd seen. 

IC: Silvanni and His Merry (Wo)Men

So I know the hands above want to make this some sort of a jam, but I’ll be honest, not a fan of being shut out like that. So I’m staying in first person.

Eat it neets.

So anyway I copied Ezezko, sent him off, bla bla blah, you get the gist of it. This new mask was an interesting one to be sure. Alright, the other hand should probably start typing now, so I’ll just back away, but rest assured dear readers, I’ll be back soon enough. 

“Lady Shiru wants us to focus on Blindside Army.” Aeila stated to the Strike Team leader, regarding the Vortixx with her hands clasped behind her back. “You are already, of course, familiar with the squadron makeup.”

“What, yeah, yeah, I am.” I responded, see I told you neets I’d be back soon, but yeah we’ve got a plan worked through and now I get the honor of implementing it. “We’ve got our big buddy Sudrec, Astaer the friendly ghost, little Miss Unstoppable, and me the one and only Shopkeeper A. Noroi wants us knocking out Blindside right?” I asked, although I already knew the answer, this is just formality and social etiquette something neets like you wouldn’t understand. 

“Yes.”

In case you couldn’t tell, that was miss Aeila’s eloquent response, the hand above is being lazy. 

Again. 

Anyway, with that piece of formality out of the way, I asked the thing I was actually a little curious about, namely, “Are they any other complications we need to take care of before we arrive at the Sphinx to get our riddle?”

“We will be passing by the center of the Arena. There is a high probability that enemy forces will be endeavoring to obtain the Special Weapons that spawn there, so we may encounter some resistance from those enemies, if they are indeed present.”

“Ah but I wanted the shiny toys. I’m guessing we’re supposed to murder them to enjoy the Toy R Us? Fine by me, you’re the one who can’t be stopped right, and we have the big walking tank with guns, and little old me who can see all weak points. Do you see what I’m getting at here?”

“...” The ancient warrior paused, looking around at the faces around her, and then at the large machine situated adjacent. Her eyes took in every detail, and lit up in realization. “... This machine can function as a ranged platform, and a speedy one at that. And even if its armaments are not initially sufficient… Yes, we could likely eliminate any targets in the center area on our way to Blindside territory.”

“Yup, and your friendly neighbourhood Silvanniman will take note of any structural and magical defenses. My eyes are pretty handy after all.” With a wave of my hand, I gathered together Team Kansas, by the way I’m calling this maneuver Operation Dust in the Wind, and grinned as we all got aboard the USS Sudrec. 

“Now here’s the plan ladies and gentlemen,” I began in my rather illustrious general voice, I see why Heroes get such a kick out of leading parties, “Monsieur Sudrec, you sir are not only our illustrious ride in that beautiful insect mode, but you’re also going to be our little sniper. Your gun goes pretty far after all, Madame Aeila will make sure it can’t be stopped and if needed I’ll point out where to aim, Madame Astaer, just sit tight for now, you’ll be needed once we hit the desert, for now enjoy the ride.”

With my beautiful and encouraging speech over, the USS Sudrec took off on it’s maiden voyage, and no I don’t care if it’s not actually the maiden voyage, maiden voyage sounds cool so I’m saying it is. It wasn’t long before we started nearing the edge of the jungle and that’s when my ever watching eyes caught sight of something quite beautiful. 

Well beautiful for us, not so much for any unfortunate souls that may be inside. See this particular dome was rather obstructive if you were trying to look out, my analyzing eyes instantly told me that there were only a few small slits available, slits that I could make sure we weren’t in the line of sight of. There was no way anyone inside would see this attack coming. 

“Hey Sudrec, I want you to shoot that dome from here, before they’re able to see us or know we’re coming. Aeila, work your magic. Astaer, enjoy the fireworks.” 

Aeila had been informed, along the way, that the CHME-03 (as it was apparently called) fired 30mm rounds. With this measurement in mind, she had an idea of how truly monstrous the scale of these projectiles was. Sighting the dome, she was not able to make out too many details; she did not need to, however. All she needed to do was concentrate. And as the Linear Assault Rifle, mounted on the CHME’s shoulder in its present insectile configuration, began to fire, she concentrated very hard. Each 30mm slug was imbued with Unstoppable Force, tearing straight towards the dome. That they would tear through and devastate the occupants was a foregone conclusion; no doubt the destruction of the ice and metal would produce shrapnel to wreak further havoc.

They had been outside of the line of sight as they approached, hugging the edge of the jungle. Silvanni’s analysis had ensured that fact. And now, projectiles imbued with incalculable force bore down on their position from the CHME’s full range.

Survival rate for the occupants would be very low.

“Ka-boom baby,” I exclaimed when the hellfire started. After all seeing Sudrec fire his unstoppable bullets was truly a beautiful sight, it almost brought a tear to my eye and I was curious how the ones inside the dome would fare against this unexpected assault. By my calculations the odds were not in their favour. This was the starving activities for them. 

Oh yeah, I also kept an eye out for any traces of magic approaching, not even an invisible being would get past my eyes. 

OOC: Strike Team A attacking blindside dome from the edge of the forest. 

Edited by Razgriz
  • Upvote 6

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC(A.D): The dragon stopped pounding on the door and ran back into the medical bay. What do I do? What's going on?

He opened the door fishers had gone through. Three rows of doors and dead bodies waited for him. He ran down the first hallway, breathing hard.

IC(Kalatin): Despite all the commotion below, Kalatin wasn't paying attention. He was curled up on the far wall, fast asleep.

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne was bored.

IC: Maglev/Blindside, Strike Team, Special Weapons Spawn, Fighting Strike Team A

The dome shattered. Immediately, I set up an electromagnetic field to slow the shards while evading the bullets and used my ice powers to redirect the ice shrapnel at the forest.

"Let's organize! We're under attack! Antiro and Aeolin, use your wind powers to redirect the majority of the shrapnel! Turbo, see if you can't redirect some of the bullets! Prose, shield Xaerax with your oversized spade! Arkraz, set up some hard-light fields. Tenjou, find out who's firing!"

Immediately I knew I was breaking away from listening to the actual lieutenant, but someone had to be quick on their feet.

IC: Aeolin/Blindside, Strike Team, Special Weapons Spawn, Fighting Strike Team A

Orders snapped me back to reality.

"You're not the lieutenant!"
~I don't believe we have a choice.~

We raised a defensive cyclone wind to collect and whirl shards away from our group. The bullets weren't being redirected though...

IC: Prose/Blindside, Strike Team, Special Weapons Spawn, Fighting Strike Team A

I immediately did as asked, trying to brace myself against the bullets with my shovel. But some bullets went through.

"These aren't ordinary bullets!"

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Taurus

Where was this shouting? It was gone now, now that he reached the bottom of the stairs. Huh. He looked around, when... Frantic footsteps. Where were they though? Growling in frustration, he opened a door. Maybe this had some answer- what? Taurus looked in shock at the dead bodies of... Medical staff, it seemed, for Taurus could see machines similar to those in his support system, lager though these were. Frantic footsteps. This time, they seemed to be around a door, though heading away from him. Taurus opened this door, and the sight of moredead bodies reached his eyes. He looked around and... Was that a dragon? Surely not, as it walked on two feet. "You!" He shouted at the mysterious being to get its attention.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: "Absolutely not, Maeus," Mirror Lytrel said, authority creeping into his voice. "Though we may not agree on if the staff were saved by your stunt, cutting off the system during this round would save none of those who died." He paused, looking at the computer before swiveling his gaze back to the mad doctor.

"What can your system do to the facility itself?"

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - OFFICE

The Skakdi huffed, but nodded to his companion, acknowledging the point that had been made as he turned his gaze back to the computer screen; the security feeds all rose back into the ceiling and vanished.

"Possibly," he said slowly, eyes narrowing as he scrolled through the systems before they lit up again. "What about all of those Mechs down in Engineering? I'm certain that the casualty count could be kept low... perhaps some injuries, but then, those can be easily healed."

IC - Vagust:

Vagust stepped into the elevator, resisting the urge to reach for the sword on his back. He had no reason to believe there might be a battle, but still. Things were acting up in a weirder manner than seemed normal, and now he was rushing off to confront a somewhat insane doctor with control over whether or not he lived or died. Having steel in his hand would at least be comforting.

"So. Any ideas as to what we're going to find out?" Vagust asked, his earlier question applied to a different situation.

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

"Unfortunately not," Dreisen replied, shaking his head. "Just... both of you, remain alert."

They approached the doors that led into the Medical Bay.

IC: "That might work," Mirror Lytrel said, nodding. There had been plenty of pre-made mech frames while he was there, after all. He gave it a second, then said, "Can you do a remote override on them, have some of the blank frames wreak havoc? Or maybe just detonate their fuel tanks?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Kale Ironshaper- Royal Blindside- Pyramid

IC: It was hard not to notice the rapidly moving dot as it sped through the jungle. Probably making a rather large amount of noise while it was at it as well.

"Xaeraz, I'm detecting an incoming hostile from Arma. I would advise caution, we could be looking at a sniper here."

Shortly after waaay too many friendly dots vanished all at once. With a muttered curse Kale's hand flew to his ear and he started barking out orders.

"Xae, come in Xae. Are you alive, what happened out there?... Kopen, stop the troops and get ready to defend the pyramid. I know they are probably antsy, tell them that we are likely to be under attack soon. Virse, get there and turn to sand. Scout around near the Center and try to figure out what is going on."

He walked over to the sleeping Kelatin and stomped right next to it. He had little pity for a person who went to sleep in the middle of a battle, especially if they were in the command room.

"This room seems to have a psionics negation field over it. I'm going to need you to get out so you can keep contact with Virse. While you are out there try to figure out who is still alive among our people at the center and report to me."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Responses to Dust in the Wind to be posted in the morning.

Everything was falling into place. Kopen watched as the troops moved into ranks, ready to move at her command. It was almost... intoxicating, and yet terrifying to watch them obey her every word.

Then... shouting. Panic. Static. Kopen resisted the urge to throw down her earpiece and instead pressed it closer, adding her own voice to the bedlam. "What's going on?! Xaeraz!"

Her face was drawn and pale as she turned back to Von Worten, then to the troops in front of her. She tried to swallow the horrible lump in her throat, but couldn't manage it. That excitement of authority vanished in an instant. It was time to start living with the hard decisions. "E-everyone..." she called out tentatively. She wasn't even sure if anyone in the first rows could hear her. "Everyone!" she shouted, just a little louder. "The... the enemy is c-coming! W-we need t-to... we need to prepare! Hold y-your positions, w-we're on the defensive now!"

She could only hope for Kale to give more information... or for Xaeraz to say he was still there.

IC: Virse - Control Center to Desert (Royal Blindside)

There was no time for mourning. No time for panic. If they were going to prevent more casualties, she needed to move now.

By the time her salute had reached her head, she was out the door. Her resounding "Yes, sir!" echoed in from the hallways.

She burst out the door, narrowly missing crashing into the General and a few others gathered around. She broke through the ranks, shouting at the other soldiers to move.

And then, she was out, running with nothing but the warm sun and the smooth sand. Even through the terrible danger, she relished the familiar feeling. Her legs moved with a steady surety across the uneven terrain. She was racing the hot winds.

But she couldn't do this forever. Once the border was in sight, she could no longer rely on her armor to hide her from view. Her mask flashed, and her form cascaded downwards in a sheet of sand. The particles slid off towards the central base to see what had become of her comrades.

IC: [Olari, Royal Blindside, Pyramid Control]

The Fa-Toa looked down at the interactive map, noticing the cluster of red dots at the field in the centre, and a series of blue dots suspiciously close to them.

"Think thats something they already know about?" she asked, pointing at the map's display of Arma Virique's advance team

IC: [Tuyetkhamun, Royal Blindside, Pyramid Exterior]

"Dress it in all the fancy words you want!" Tuyetkhamun shouted after Miril, even as she walked away to answer Kopen's call to arms, "But you know that when you stared into the merest hint of my power...you blinked!"

IC: [Jorth, Royal Blindside, Pyramid Exterior]

Alright, finally time to move out! Jorth had started building sandcastles outside the pyramid he'd started getting so bored. It wasn't just something to keep his mind occupied though, it was a test of how well he could control the Ebon Flow. Delicately building up the tiny fortifications meant he'd pretty much mastered the dexterity of the mech

IC: [Venga, Tahtorak's Fist, Clifftop]

Vinra hadn't responded, Venga assumed her checks over hidden enemies were taking more time. His suspicions had apparently been correct though as mission control informed him one of the other forces was making their way into the cove.

"The forces have currently been big and obvious, Control," he responded to Kotak, "Announcing their presence with an earthquake of all things. Makes me think we're supposed to be looking at them while more sneaky dudes try and sabotage us unseen. Especially since having someone on the cliff itself is news to me. Keep an eye out and keep me informed of anyone else who's getting that close."

He turned to his little team.

"Vorzin, take to the sky, I want you blast that plasma breath of yours along the whole length of the the cliff, as high as you can without baking our own. There's at least one person trying to climb it and having never seen them get close I think they're invisible. That isn't going to protect them if there's a wave of rubble and lava pouring down on them. Venix, get in the air as well. Keep an eye out for anyone trying to take down Vorzin, and if you happen to see anyone trying the cliffs I wouldn't be adverse to you shooting them in the back while they were preoccupied. Vinra, take position near our snipers and keep that detection thing of yours going. Odds are they're going to be the first targets of anyone who's creeped up here, be nice if they had someone big and armoured watching out for them. Lets move people!"

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I wasn't entirely sure what that was even supposed to mean....

IC: The Wyrm - Arma Virique - Clifftop. 

Hauling himself quietly up over the edge of the cliff, The Wyrm slipped softly behind an outcropping of rock. His chameleon skin made it unlikely anyone would've been able to see him either way, but any amount of shelter from the biting cove wind was welcome. 

Edited by Locus

IC: Terry Terrix - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Foyer.

"I just got all the bloody way down here...." he muttered, beginning to roll backwards up the steps towards where he'd been sheltering earlier. "Bloody bogans can't make up their flamin' minds...." 

IC: Dayeth - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Exterior. 

"Finally, some action," leaving her cloak folded up on the steps, she drew her axe and waited for a command. 

IC: The Wyrm - Arma Virique - Clifftop.

Hearing Tirkah's words, he bit back a curse. He wasn't sure why a sniper who'd been moments ago shooting at Zakaro would have suddenly decided to look in his direction in time to spot him, but he knew what he had to do now.

Try not to die.

He crept forwards, low to the ground, and began to circle ever-so-slowly around the far side of the outcropping....  

IC Tirkah:

Now knowing the shifting scales outline, Tirkah tracked the creature's movement.

A good sniper doesn't reveal his position so easily, and he remained invisible as he advanced around the creature's flank.

He only had one chance. If he missed, he'd be in a load of trouble.

OOC: gonna wait til other guys on the cliff respond before I post any more on this fight.

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

At the Queen's command, a display of weapons comes into view. They are large, small, familiar and foreign. Some I have wielded in days long past; others I have never laid eyes on before. I grant each a long moment of my time, eyes lingering over each blade and hilt. Which to choose? My love is all I need; she is cold as the north wind and beautiful as the sunrise. Any other will be superfluous, regardless of its craft or make.

With this in mind, I raise my hand at last and point a weapon out from all the rest. A simple stake is all it is, forged of some uncanny metal that gleams as though lit from within. With flattened top and sharpened end, it more resembles a tent peg than a weapon. What powers might this have, to rest among such a glittering array?

"What is this?"

GM IC: THE QUEEN - THE ARMORY

"That... is... Naglfar," the Queen said, sounding tired. "Once per round... if you can sink it into a surface... it shall release a mental shockwave out in a hundred meter radius. Any fighters caught inside that area... will become disoriented. Balance thrown off, loss of mental clarity, sense of direction scrambled. The closer they are to the center of the blast... the more disoriented they shall become. It will... also provide you with... an increased resistance against the element of psionics."

OOC: Naglfar - This Ultimate Weapon can be stabbed into any surface once per round to produce a mental shockwave stretching out across a 100 meter radius. Any fighters caught by the shockwave will become disoriented; the closer they are to the center of the blast, the more disoriented they shall become. It throws of balance, sense of direction, and mental clarity. In addition, Naglfar provides the user with an increased resistance against the element of Psionics. 

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

"I shall take this one," I say, reaching for the weapon. "And use it in your service."

The stake is cool to the touch, and smooth. My mind detects a subtle hum that resonates within.

IC:

"Patrolling the woods would be wise. Stay unseen, if you can manage it. If you discern an approaching enemy, get word back and then engage in guerilla tactics." The General nodded slightly as she issued her instructions, watching out of the corner of her vision as the strike team departed.

"Things have been quiet so far, but that will not remain the case."

IC:Dartakh (Arena, Jungle | Arma Virique)

"Understood. And by guerilla tactics I assume you mean skirmishing and evading the enemy? Alright, then." He turned around and walked deeper into the jungle, disappearing amongst the trees.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "Roger that, Kale. Okay, listen up, folks! We have enemies inbound, so, just to be safe, get down. Probably just a sniper here to take potshots at our dome. Prepare to hold this po-" Xaeraz trailed off as he heard a roar from the jungle, then let out a scream of pain as a round punched right through his arm, dropping the limb to the ground. Dropping to grab the severed limb, he yelled, "EVERYBODY DOWN! IF YOU CAN MOVE, WE ARE FALLING BACK." Swearing, he hastily jammed his severed arm through his belt and began to crawl back towards the desert.

IC: Zephyr scoffed at the Lieutenant's orders to get down. He was Zephyr, ruler of the Nuis! King of Zakaz! No bullet would even dare kill him, least of all if it came from some inferior being like a Vortixx or Skakdi.

Sadly, Zephyr didn't get a chance to continue his flagrant and disgusting racism as he was immediately perforated by a trio of 30mm rounds, reducing the emperor to a torso with legs, standing there before crumpling to the ground and vanishing.

OOC: Zephyr KO'd by Operation Godzilla Threshold Tactic

Edited by Decapixaetion

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Maglev and Aeolin/KO'd

Maglev turned on his field as the place blew up. He managed to save a few from fatal injuries from the shrapnel and ice by directing it towards him. He was promptly skewered by bullets and the like.

Aeolin died.

IC: Prose/Blindside, Special Weapons Spawn

As the place blew up, he fell to the ground, his shovel blocking some of the shrapnel.

IC - Vagust:

No ideas, no knowledge of just what they were going to find here in a few moments...Vagust really didn't like it one bit. Still, he wasn't going to walk in there, weapon in hand, something that would cause a fight almost instantly. Instead he grasped his elemental power, the energy that was his to control suffusing his being as he walked up to the medical bay. At least now it wouldn't take him any extra time to fire of a lightning bolt if he needed to.

Upon entering the medical bay, however, he saw something that still quite surprised him.

"...Any idea why there are so many corpses around?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Just the sound of Xaeraz's voice nearly made her slump against the wall with relief, but it was the tone that kept her on her feet. Frantic. Pained.

"Xaeraz, what's going on?!" she called into the small earpiece.

IC: Virse - Desert (Royal Blindside)

A voice within her mind. She recognized it, from the Control Room and Kale's orders. Though she had experienced psionics on several occasions, most of them being within this tournament, the image of the large, fleshy creature crawling around in her head made it difficult to accept the presence.

Yes, thank you, Kalatin. I will report upon arrival.

Moving as sand was not nearly as fast as her running, and she still had some time before reaching a good vantage point.

IC: Arkrax - Central Field (Royal Blindside)

As lax as they may be, orders were orders, but by the time Arkrax had processed them, the first salvo was already penetrating their shield.

He watched with idle curiosity as several shells passed right through his projected skin. His hardlight shell had been deactivated with the shield, and now the only solid part of him was his box. The true miracle would have been if the small target had been hit at all. And then the miracle happened. A shot sliced through the metal wall and straight through one corner of his box. The broken electronics sparked for a moment, and then Arkrax disappeared and his box fell to the ground. The smallest flicker of life still glowed within as Arkrax attempted to get his flight back into working order.

Edited by Click

IC: Von Worten - Royal Blindside Army

Trees began to appear. But these were not the nice, clean, beautiful trees of before. The fight with the golden being had had... other effects.

I did not like the sound of any of this. The look Kopen had given me told me a lot without telling me much at all. Something terrible had just happened; I knew that much. But why would we need to stay here?

The answer was simple: we had been attacked. Now Xaerax appeared to be in trouble. I stayed close to Kopen. Though perhaps not officially given to me, I felt my new position was to stay near her and keep her safe, at least for the time being. Of course, was not sure how exactly I could accomplish that--I was not and am not the best of fighters--but, at the very least, I hoped I could provide some comfort to her.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Antiro - Medical Bay

I was crouched on the grass in the dome, briefcase propped against my knees, eyes staring at the talking Rahkshi and mind remembering how Baria had smiled that night in Typewriter Town when I'd gotten down on one knee behind the Sunlight Lantern and asked her the most important question of my life. I shouldn't have been doing that. Caught in a War Game, sitting on the single most important spot in the entire map, I should have been focused on strategies, battle plans, predictions of the enemies movements.

If I had been more focused, would things have changed?

I don't know.

I really just don't.

"There was a young blond kid in our outfit. One day I looked over and half of him was gone. You know what he said? He said, 'I never heard no bullet.'"

-M*A*S*H, Season 1, Episode 8, "Sometimes You Hear the Bullet"

When you get shot ... well, you don't fall down when you get shot. Apparently it's all a psychological thing; it's the shock that makes you hit the ground. The bullet, all it does is kill you.

I didn't hear anything.

Just....

Suddenly there was this sharp pain in my chest, and Xaerez started shouting and people started falling and I was still just crouched there because I didn't have a gorram idea what was going on until I felt something warm start dripping out of my chest, right on my left side.

It was, medically speaking, a perfect shot to the heart.

That's when fell.

I hit the ground, the grass, eyes looking up to see the dome be torn apart, blow itself apart into fragments and I kept feeling these sharp pains all over my body and I guess, looking back, it must have been shrapnel, but right then I couldn't even think straight enough to wonder. All I knew was that I was going to die and I there wasn't a ###### thing I could do about it. I was never going to save Phan-Metru, never going to have a second chance with Baria, never hold Aro again ###### it ###### it all this wasn't fair wasn't fair wasn't fair! I felt myself going, felt it all become so ###### cold and distant and I felt numb the pain that had blossomed in my chest was going already and all i saw was white pure and cold and too close i wasn't ready take it away please god take it awa--

And then I woke up.

Screaming.

The smell of formaldehyde and the look of white walls. A part of my brain sparked to life the idea that I had been hit by a transport and all of what had happened was some kind of coma fantasy. Maybe I was in the ICU and Baria was waiting outside with Aro and I would go out and apologize and apologize and the three of us would leave go to the country let Phan-Metru burn and die what did I care anymore.

Slowly, very slowly, I began to push myself up onto my elbows. The table I was on was hard metal, and I realized that I was still wearing my overcoat. I tried swinging my legs over the side, and found that, despite having been in a coma, I felt surprisingly limber. I glanced up, catching sight of door where a big Toa in reddish armour was standing; I was all ready to ask him if he was a doctor when I saw the bodies on the floor.

"What the ###### is going on here?"

OOC: Antiro KO'd by Operation Dust in the Wind. Hello there, Vagust.

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

I'm not going to lie.

This is probably the worst scenario for me to be thrown into. All the enemies are attacking at range, and even though I've got a ranged weapon, it doesn't fire that far. ... But I'm also not going to deny that these odds are really getting me fired up. Bringing my left forearm to bear, I keep my blade ready, and my eyes scanning the cliff for attacks. If one's coming, I'll see it. 

Hope the boss' got something planned, though, because our diversion won't last forever at this rate.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Zakaro (Arma Virique, Strike Team B, Cove)

Something seared across Zakaro's shoulderpad and he reacted instantly, halting his charge for the second and pausing to glance at the top of the cliff, trying to locate at least the being who had just shot at him. That was halted by the sound of a gunshot and corresponding impact as this one smacked the Toa in the other shoulderpad, swinging him around and sending him tumbling to the ground.

"Karzit!" he swore, and flipped himself over to throw up a semi-circular earthen wall, a head or so over his height, to protect him for a few seconds, expanding it to be a good forearm's length thick a second later. It would hold against whatever they threw at him for a few shots, at least, and that was good enough for now. 

"Well, this isn't going fantastic! All in favor of heading for that tunnel?"

IC: Astaer (Arma Virique, Strike Team A)

The transparent Korumine was currently just clinging to the back of Sudrec's mech, having found herself a suitable point to wedge a foot and hand without getting trapped in any moving parts and hanging on from there. 

The assault on the dome was impressive, to be sure, but it did make her wary. Yes, nearly anything and everything made her wary, but this show of power was something to be noted if she was ever turned upon. 

Most of the current counterattacks did nothing to do except cause her to duck down and stop watching, hiding herself entirely behind the mech. It could take the hits for her, thank you very much.

IC: Nisaduf, Sevyn (Royal Blindside)

Whistling, Sevyn finished up and slipped the Flaming Hot Peppers into a smaller pocket that also had the Stupor Shots stored there for easy access, and left the food on the table, only bothering to shove the grill back into his apron. 

Don't think about how that works. It just does. 

Nisaduf took Thaera's hand and followed the crowd once more, speaking as she did.

"Seems to be so."

And she didn't speak again as things began to spiral downwards.

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Miras (Tahtorak Clifftop)

I hiss as the laser punches a hole through my right arm, most of the gauntlet now gone. I duck back down behind the rock, clutching at the stump now in order to attempt to prevent antidermis loss.

OOC: Seeing as I'm away and won't be able to post until Friday, I now hand over the bunnying of my four PCs to the relevant generals until my return. Au revoir, friends.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

IC - Vagust:

"What the ###### is going on here?"

Vagust snapped his head towards the source of the voice, falling into a combative stance, ready to attack, with sparks dancing around his hands and bolts of lightning jumping between them. He was obviously on edge, already worried about dealing with the doctor, now corpses in the medical bay, and now a random person talking. Of course, he soon noticed just who had spoken, so he relaxed slightly, the electrical effects disappearing quickly.

"That's what I and the people I'm with want to know. Just come out of the arena, did you?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

GM IC: DREISEN - MEDICAL BAY

Dreisen slowly crouched down next to one of the corpses, examining it for any wounds before shaking his head.

"No bodily harm," he said, standing again and glancing around. "What could possibly do this?"

"I might know," Reezo said quietly. 

The Head of Engineering turned towards the Skakdi, ignoring Antiro's arrival as he approached the Skakdi.

"What is it?" he asked quietly.

"We're tied into the Infinite System," Reezo muttered, fingers tapping his thigh nervously. "Y'know, us. The facility staff. If their live counters were set to zero, well... it would explain why they all just dropped dead."

"Well," Dreisen sighed, rubbing his eyes. "That's just great."