Another Member Reaches 15,000 Posts!

Reznas

Yet another member on BZP has reached the 15,000 post milestone. Everybody give it up for the well know bonesiii. Give him a pat on the back, maybe some congratulations, and if you're really nice, give him a cake! Oh wait, this isn't a birthday topic. Never the less, congratulations bonesiii! And if I don't say so myself, the member title for 15k posts is quite awesome. Just another decade and I'll be there. :P Anyways, post away!-Rez

Do we actually make topics for 15k post milestones now? Well, even if we don´t, I don´t want to miss giving you my congratulations, bones! :) I am still quite far away from that number. :P How did you manage not only to write so many, but also so long posts? :P~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Do we actually make topics for 15k post milestones now? Well, even if we don´t, I don´t want to miss giving you my congratulations, bones! :) I am still quite far away from that number. :P~Gata. ;)

I just thought that 15k posts was a pretty big deal. I mean, not many people have reached that milestone, so I decided to post it and see what would happen.-Rez

Well, 10K is quite a lot, but 15K ... that's a pretty darn big number. Bonesiii has especially earned it, too, with those monolithic walls of text that he so often submits. It's probably about 30K or 40K worth of posts for anyone else. :P

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Normally I'm not one for post count celebrations, but as others have noted, bonesiii's posts are long enough and high-quality enough that this really is a milestone. So congrats!

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Shouldn't be too surprised; I do see him a lot. Plus, as a staffie AND a reference keeper, he's in a great position to quick-raise his post-count!Congrats Bones! :D

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

After picking 20 random bonesiii posts, (not counting stories or official posts), I found a few stats about his posting habits.Average word count per post: 249Average character count per post: 1,114Estimated total word count: 3,750,500Estimated total character count: 16,710,000Dang.Congrats bonesiii!

jlovfkk.jpg

Congrats!I wonder how many pages all his posts would be if they were compiled into a book.

Using Eeko's estimates (quoted directly below), this theoretical book would be 7.3 times the length of Les Miserables. The most common length in pages for a paperback publication of Les Miserables is about 1490 pages. Thus, The Big Book of bonesiii would have to be approximately 10,870 pages long.Using Atlas Shrugged as a benchmark for a very large--yet normal--size (in words again, now) for a one-volume work, then each volume should have approximately 645,000 words, and either five or six volumes would be published to contain the sheer wealth of words.The Big Book of bonesiii would therefore also be the largest book ever published.Now, this does include cookie-cutter "Question answered, topic closed" posts, posts containing others' quoted posts, OGD posts, etc. so the actual worthwhile information that bonesiii himself wrote would be a smaller amount, and the rest would get cut out en masse by editors, but we don't have any good estimates as to how many words are wasted in this manner.

After picking 20 random bonesiii posts, (not counting stories or official posts), I found a few stats about his posting habits.Average word count per post: 249Average character count per post: 1,114Estimated total word count: 3,750,500Estimated total character count: 16,710,000Dang.Congrats bonesiii!

~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

It's funny; the people who have the most posts seem to spam the least... probably because those who spam get the boot early on! :PBut bonesiii can't be beat in the word count area. Maybe I'll ask around on various forums and see if I can't get a hold of an automated forum word counter. Problem is, since it would have to scan the archive, too, it might get a little tricky. :)--CV

banner.jpg

Oh, the irony. In honor of the long-worded posts of bonesiii, my fellow BZPowerians have created a topic dedicated to one-line congradulations posts.:)Whatever. I extend my congradulations anyway. (Wait...this topic has not gone the way of that, as these topics tend to do, but has instead gone the way of long posts talking about long posts. I guess bones is wearing off on us; we are all doomed! :))

Oh, this is the milestone now? Didn't get that memo...Guess it's time to get to work then. :sly:Haha but no really, bonesiii's one of the best contributors this site's ever seen. 'Grats, man.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Bonesii, you earned that 15K worth of posts. That's incredibleisticky! (To use a special word for a special occasion.)

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!