BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I think the better question is if Zakata is even a physical being like makuta was. See the matoran had a very good reason to fear makuta for they had seen what he had unleashed and could do... Have the dasaka ever seen proof of Zakata's existence or is she merely a face they can imagine when things go bump in the night?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*reads Kentoku topic*

Good lord.

*hides under covers*

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

9QPoQ.gif u3DUp.gif xOueI.gif zIlY8.gif 20wFg.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Yukiko has the right idea.

Anyways while I'm in the process of moving to my secure bunker....

I'm inclined to believe that Zataka is a much less feared figure than Makuta was. Note that she (Though there is no evidence of gender, Dasakan society and the name given imply female, so that is what I will be assuming) is linked to the color black, a color that is traditionally worn by males. But it's also noteworthy that said colors are often work at important events, such as funerals and weddings. The Makuta as we knew him wouldn't have been allowed within a mile of a wedding, even as an idea. He was treated far more like the spiritual big evil than he was a necessary evil.

Zataka, on the other hand, is viewed as necessary, and the symbolism for her is even present at weddings. Thus I am inclined to believe that the Dasaka take a more Yin/Yang look at it, with Zataka representing a darker side of the order that Zuto Nui represents. Not only is it fitting with the more East Asian aesthetics the Dasaka tend to make use of, it also fits in with what we know of their society.

Thus she is very much their equivalent of a Makuta figure, but the Dasaka look at the relationship between the two figures (Zuto Nui and Zataka) differently.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I think they meant Eastern vs. Western religious belief systems.

Okay, disregarding this:

Wait.

I just remembered that Kentoku is west of Mata Nui. Oh well.

I fail to see how religious belief systems had anything to do with what was said. I should think it more obvious that, y'know, it's that Zuto-Nui and Zataka are essentially opposite. Kinda like how east and west are opposite. Or North and South. Or left and right*, up and down, y'know.

* This could be a bad example, because based upon simply the original point of view, three lefts makes a right and vice-versa. But you catch my drift.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

That, and Taoism did have an effect on Japanese culture, as did Buddhism and such - after all, Zen Buddhism, when it first developed and when it got spread to Japan, was (partially) the result of Taoist philosophies being applied to Buddhist practices. Similar to how Confucianism influenced Japanese culture as well. There was quite a bit of cultural diffusion going on in that part of the world, just as much (if not more) than there was over in Europe.

EDIT: Of course, that was ignoring the fact that Yin and Yang is not strictly confined to Taoist philosophy*, anyways; it's included in Confucian teachings as well.

*Remember, philosophy. Not religion.

So yeah. Even if Japan was the only cultural influence for the Dasaka, it would all still fit, as such teachings did spread to Japan and elsewhere.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

That depends. If it's native tech from the Living List (Patero Launchers, Stralix Powder, etc.) then you don't need any sort of approval. Otherwise like anything else that needs approval you should just run it by any given staff member.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

That's fine, love ya anyway.

<3ever

Uh, who exactly is back?

not at all asking because i'm head of the po-wahi mnw branch

The esteemed Dr. O was referring to a rather memorable Toa of mine which died last arc. Or last last arc, whatever it was. Though this is something completely new. Or new-ish.

Don't worry about it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Find a plot to insert yourself into, or you'll end up running around aimlessly.

Or at least travel with someone.

Hmm, I see.

That's what I realised I'm my previous post.

So, amy tips for a player looking to create a neutral evil mercenary/assassin character?

I have a plot that mercenaries are required for.

Ah! What an opportune offering! Do PM me.

Hey, it's technically still BZPRPG 2013, aight?

How long will this last, again?

Until this story year's plot arc is complete. Which is hard to estimate, especially given the fact that a key staff member (Friar Tuck) is absent, so NM and the others are having to pick up his slack.

Come back soon, Tucky, we miss you :begging:

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Until the current arc ends. Under Nuju's leadership the [year] tag doesn't really mean anything -- we go on until we complete the step and then move on. It's better to think of the game in chapters instead of years or seasons.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

We're tryyyyingggggg

Just, I dunno, sit right, have fun and bear with us?

I have noticed far to many times that when they are saying "Bear with us" they are showing random slides on a powerpoint presentation.

Question: Are the dasaka going to mata nui any time soon? Is there a voyage planned?

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

bear with us

bear1.1.jpg?105

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that there will be more interaction between the people of Mata Nui and Kentoku Archipelago. I mean it will have to happen eventually.

It's just a matter of when really.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I have noticed far to many times that when they are saying "Bear with us" they are showing random slides on a powerpoint presentation.

Question: Are the dasaka going to mata nui any time soon? Is there a voyage planned?

Hey now, we worked long and hard on this PowerPoint. Don't call ithe slides random. :(

power%20point.gif

"PowerPoint! PowerPoint!"

And yes, of course the two cultures will meet. Again, bear with us. It'll be worth your while.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen