BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

You can PM Nuju to get a roll for a male character, yaknow?

I know, but I like to create characters naturally and it's more likely that I would be forced to create numerous female characters before I would get the one male credit for the character that I actually wanted to make.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

It wouldn't feel as natural, though.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

It wouldn't feel as natural, though.

what were you planning?

A ronin-esque character who had both most of his clan and the entirety of his bride-to-be's clan wiped out by assassins on the eve of his wedding, which devastated him even further due to the fact that they had formed an actual relationship while their marriage was being arranged. He then left the rest of his own because he views that continuing to let them use him as "breeding stock" would dishonor his fiancée's memory.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Most of those things aren't exclusive to a male Daska. Just reverse the roles; the husband-to-be, and his clan, was wiped out by a group of assassins. By virtue of being about to enter into a marriage, the bride would have had to be significant within her clan. To avoid being sent to another marriage, she left her clan.

Boom. Character reworked to be female without getting rid of any of the themes present.

• Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Question: How did the matoran/toa of other elements get to the island? Did they come from other islands that we don't particularly know much of?

Oh, and my mind turns to cheese when people start talking about the Dasaka. Those guys are real nutters.

Question: How did the matoran/toa of other elements get to the island? Did they come from other islands that we don't particularly know much of?

Oh, and my mind turns to cheese when people start talking about the Dasaka. Those guys are real nutters.

They have always been there in the BZPRPG.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

They have always been there in the BZPRPG.

Are they like minorities, since they don't have established koro's for their kinds? Are they less common?

I'm not saying that the character couldn't be feasibly re-worked into a female character, I'm saying that it wouldn't feel as natural to me if I did so since the thought of it originated as a male.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Are they like minorities, since they don't have established koro's for their kinds? Are they less common?

I think so, yes. They're less common than the primary six elements, just like how Toa aren't incredibly, horribly common either (At least, in terms of population. Player-wise, Toa are the most common still.)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I think so, yes. They're less common than the primary six elements, just like how Toa aren't incredibly, horribly common either (At least, in terms of population. Player-wise, Toa are the most common still.)

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the clarifications!

I'm not saying that the character couldn't be feasibly re-worked into a female character, I'm saying that it wouldn't feel as natural to me if I did so since the thought of it originated as a male.

That's the trick, mate. Figure out how to rework the char into a female and add some twist. Use it to enhance your creativity, not diminish it.

• Upvote 2

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

That's when they personally start feeling forced, and that's usually also around the time where I let them go. I'm not a big fan of rehashing old concepts for new characters, so I think I'll just wait until another idea pops up before trying to get into Kentoku.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

There's a lot to be said about the first draft or idea for a character usually not being the best. If we always just used the first ideas that came to mind, or the first ideas that accumulated, we probably wouldn't have the best characters around. Usually, a first draft of something isn't very good compared to a second draft. I could go into the psychology of change and how we usually prefer the original of something - no matter how good or bad it is - compared to a second or rehash, similar to how we usually trust the information we hear from the first source we hear it over another but I won't. To me it just seems sort of... counter-productive to put away ideas just because you can't use them right off the bat.

But hey, that's just me. At the end of the day we're all different people and we all play and write differently and that's just a-ok.

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

I make characters on impulse. Random ideas pop into my head, and within about ten minutes, that little seed of a concept has somehow grown into an entire being, who I can then torment as much as my cruel heart desires. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Woot!

Let's see... Casanuva is a rehash of one of my most beloved Bionicle OCs, Vakua was made with a little forethought, and Kalyss was the first I made with the Kalta in mind. From there, the rest were mostly made with planning around the bohrok-Kal powers concept. Denrika was embodied when I had fun with an NPC, and Fyura was made on short notice after 1) wanted a villain besides Skorm and 2) wanted to make a character that relies on martial rather than elemental prowess.

The times, they are a-changing...

Halyx is a generic, run of the mill good guy Ta-Toa, Jorik is just around to give Halyx something to do other than angst about his amnesia and run around on a wild goose chase with Guvla, Visalk, Lumira, Leron and Seneuax. Tallix is there for similar reasons, though he's a bit more oddball and parody than Jorik, and Adomai (who will officially exist when Ghost writes his timeskip) is so evil that Echelon might tremble in boots.

Well, he would if he was a complete wimp. Adomai is still "EVIL" to the extreme, but I'd wager any of the Big Bads could kick his butt into next week.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I'm just gonna write about the characters I actual use nowadays...

Jiyu was entirely planned. I spent what felt like ages holding in-depth conversations with EW as I worked on his character and plot, and to be honest, I would love to do that again. The more-recent posts with him have been much more off-the-top of my head, but I have planned some "fun stuff" in the future...

Aeolus/Arden have also been sortof planned. A lot of their comings-and-goings have been very impulsive, but several things (such as them meeting Skyra) was intentionally planned and I had been wanting to do that for at least a couple of weeks before it actual happened.

Everyone else? They were just characters off the top of my head, and I'm really, really starting to regret not having some greater overarching plot to attach them to...

Well, those are reasons I don't want to play a Dasaka. If the Kalta were to somehow end up in Kentoku, it would be fun: Vakua's frustration with communication, Casanuva going stir-crazy from lack of material to magnetize, Kalyss being awesome and getting stuff done, etc.

Not to mention how dangerous certain elements would be: Vakua can't talk to you, but he can still chain vibrations together, shattering all that nice crystal. Vakua using any allied Dasaka's crystal as focii for chaining attacks was something I wanted to go into with his contact with the expedition.

This is something I've seen cropping up a lot, and after consulting with my peers, I would like to address.

(Note, KoK, I'm not picking on you specifically. You just brought it up most recently. :P)

Dasakan crystal is not that brittle. It's a substance they successfully use for swords and armor, after all. Be it a property of crystalline protodermis itself (it's protodermis in crystalline form, after all) or a property of how it is treated, it isn't easily broken. It is slightly more brittle than a metal weapon, but not noticeably so. For a De-Toa to shatter a well-made piece of Dasakan arms would require a significant amount of effort and energy, though admittedly it is more feasible than trying to do so with metal. Chaining it certainly isn't possible.

And, as a note, the use of a Toa of Crystal against them is still subject to the same rules affecting PC equipment as, for example, a Fe-Toa is. Which is to say you can't just go wrecking them.  ;)

One shouldn't assume properties of crystal are the same as the Dasaka's weapons, because if they were, then using them as weapons would be completely impractical. :P

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Actually, going back on the topic of Dasaka, I don't play those characters because I don't want to be forced into one option over another. I don't mind playing a female character, so long as I get to CHOOSE that the character is female. If I'm not allowed to influence arguably one of the most important aspects of the character, then I feel like my decisions on the character don't matter. My RP characters represent various aspects of me, and I don't want to have to give up control over what aspect they're representing.

• Upvote 2

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Actually, going back on the topic of Dasaka, I don't play those characters because I don't want to be forced into one option over another. I don't mind playing a female character, so long as I get to CHOOSE that the character is female. If I'm not allowed to influence arguably one of the most important aspects of the character, then I feel like my decisions on the character don't matter. My RP characters represent various aspects of me, and I don't want to have to give up control over what aspect they're representing.

I'm steering very, very clear of this.

Not touching it with a ten foot pole.

someone else is going to do it for me and i'm not getting involved

fK5oqYf.jpg