You did it! I want to see him together with Onuaaaaaaa~ :ahhh:

Great job, especially on the legs and the axe. Your Onua is still unmatched, though, but given the harder challenge, and the fact you stayed impressively close to the same style it's hard to complain.

Makoki stone, my rainbow gafna. You just wanted to give him some extra bling-bling to go with the golden mask. :P

• Upvote 3

banner1.png

When I first saw this I was like "give him an infected Miru and he's right out of the MNOLG" so you did an excellent job of capturing his appearance from that scene.  (Although I always attributed his hunch to evilness, so seeing him like that regularly is odd.)  Still, decent use of green and lime, and the custom hatchet is nice too!

:music:

• Upvote 3

Brilliant design and characterization through the hunch. Very trickster-y. The axe is beautiful – definitely the best piece for the job. The toes are great too, and I keep thinking of a tree frog. Was that intentional?, 'cus it really helps the overall remake feel. And the makoki stone and mask are sending me on a nostalgia trip.

However, I can't say I like the arms. The hands look a bit to big, almost like mits, and the foot/elbow doesn't really seem to work here as well as it did for Onua.

• Upvote 1

It is a wonderfully unique interpretation of Lewa. I really like his axe, especially the brown handle to give it a wooden tribal feel. The feet follows that up, with the toes being a nice touch. The design of the lower torso also implies that he has a sort of loincloth, Tarzan style.

While the black and grey bits aren't exactly bad, I think you should have wholly committed to just one of the two. The blackened legs and feet don't match the grey-mixed torso. And the light bley on his knees is distracting. The upper arms are also out of place; the Bohrok feet are oddly shaped. I think the extremely thin forearms are fine, since his overall look is supposed to be that of a fast and nimble Toa.

His big hands give an ape-look, further complementing his jungle style.

Edited by V-N
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Well, I'm glad my technique has stuck with at least one person. The green looks good, though the grey sticks out a bit in the lime, green, and black MOC. You could try a black one (as I'll show on my Krika revamp), but it might not look all that great to have that much black in the torso. The open front also gives him more of a thickset look. It would be nice if you could close the top a bit more.

Probably my favorite part about this is that axe. That axehead looks fantastic (I need to get some of those pieces) and I love the wooden handle with the green. It immediately reminds me of Lewa's axe, but almost better (hard to beat the classics and a weapon molded in one piece with lots of detail). The infected mask also looks amazing. I can't believe you did it that long ago!

All the lime in the torso makes it a bit hard to see this as Lewa. The shaping is fantastic and I can see that MNOLG form you're talking about, but if you concentrated the lime into the limbs and left the torso more Technic/Bionicle based in green, it may look better. The lower legs succeed at this better, though all the black in the feet throw it off. The arms don't look quite as nice with that Bohrok foot, but maybe if you added a piston coming from the back into the shoulder (if you must keep it) it would look more natural. It's not so much the part jutting out of the elbow, but how low it is and how flat it is with the bottom of the arm. It doesn't look like a decoration, but rather a foot connected in an odd place (maybe Lewa got a bit confused coming out of his canister :P). The silver fingers look a little odd too. Maybe black or dark green (which you could work into the color scheme with the Titan joints at least).

That all being said, one other thing I love about the MOC is the back. Here you integrated enough green to make it look more like Lewa. There's just enough lime green in the right places to get that color distribution right on. The shaping looks great all around and many of the problems in the front aren't noticable. The only thing I'd change there would be the red to black, if possible, eventually. It also would be nice to fill in the back of the lower leg a bit more, preferably with lime green.

Just trying to give back a bit of the great criticism I got for my Lewa. It has helped so much in my revamp of him!

When I first saw this I was like "give him an infected Miru and he's right out of the MNOLG" so you did an excellent job of capturing his appearance from that scene.

This was exactly what I thought too!

Things I don't like: while the Bohrok feet look great as elbows in some poses, in others they look really awkward. Also, I know you said green has been absent for a long time, but I can't help but feel like Lewa needs more of it - can't be helped though I suppose.

Everything else though is awesome! He definitely has a simian look to him, with a smaller torso and lanky arms and legs with big hands and feet. Also, the Makoki stone and infected mask are nice touches (man you're old! :P).

I have to say, the Bohrok-feet elbows just don't work as well here as they did for Onua. That aside, you've once again captured a whole lot of personality in this build, and the monkey/tree-frog vibe fits Lewa really well. I can't wait for the rest of your Toa Mata.

(I'd also kill for some building instructions, but I can't expect the magician to explain his tricks.) 

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I hope we can see all the Toa together. Nice job as always, but I have to observe that his crotchplate is the largest piece of armor on his torso, and that kind of distracts the eye.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

When I first saw this I was like "give him an infected Miru and he's right out of the MNOLG" so you did an excellent job of capturing his appearance from that scene.

This was exactly what I thought too!

Ditto.

I didn't even notice the Makoki stone on the first glance. Very nice touch. And I gotta say I am LOVING the shape of this Lewa. It's unconventional and it works. I can actually picture this Lewa swingin' from vine to vine vs. most Lewas.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

His stance and overall build reminds me of Bumi from Legend of Korra, who I think would make a perfect Le-Matoran/Toa of Air, especially now that he's an airbender.  :P

Good job.  It seems like you're emphasizing more individuality for the Toa Mata.  Good change of pace from them all having the same basic body type.  Keep it up!

I dunno, but for some reason I got this "maniac" feel when I looked at it. Maybe it's the Miru's grin plus his hunch and that big axe of his? Where'd you get the axe head anyways?

He really does look like a monkey. I can imagine him swinging from the vines of Le-Wahi in my head right now. It would be very indicative of his playful nature, if I just wouldn't get creeper out by that Miru...

Another great Toa Mata MOC, DV! His Ax is a sight to behold. And his body design looks great too. I think he could've used a little more green on his torso though, but as B6 stated that really couldn't be helped.

Overall, this is amazing MOC. The only thing that would make it better would be if Onua was standing with him. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This MOC was nothing like what I had expected and then I read this:

One of my goals with these is to give them forms that represent their elements a bit more. Onua had that industrial-punk, mole vibe, and I've tried to give Lewa a spritely, trickstery, agile, flighty look to represent a lot of traditional characterizations of air elementals in fiction. He's a young, jovial, agile guy with big hands for swinging through forests and jungles.

Keeping what I had read in mind, this MOC captures all those characterizations spot on. My favorite parts are the hands and feet. The hands are just the right size that you'd expect from a tree climber like Lewa, and for the feet, I agree with what Paleo said: tree frog-esque.

I really like this MOC.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Hmm...

I think you've done a marvelous job on this. It's definitely a take on Lewa I haven't seen prior, and you accomplish the look you're going for. If I were to complain about anything, it would be the bright green used for the torso rather than the normal green - but that in itself is an invalid complaint, since those HF parts were never produced in that color.

To be honest, seeing this just makes me more excited to see what you'll do down the line. I can already see your Pohatu... ;)

Keep up the good work; your MOCs are amazing!

Hmm...

I think you've done a marvelous job on this. It's definitely a take on Lewa I haven't seen prior, and you accomplish the look you're going for. If I were to complain about anything, it would be the bright green used for the torso rather than the normal green - but that in itself is an invalid complaint, since those HF parts were never produced in that color,

To be honest, seeing this just makes me more excited to see what you'll do down the line. I can already see your Pohatu... ;)

Keep up the good work; your MOCs are amazing!

Edited by Jakura Nuva

To be honest, this MOC look terrible. The body is bad, the HF armor on his lower body don't fit and the gray fits badly to the MOC (it would have been better if the gray was cahnge to dark green), but I do like the idea of using the Bohrok foot in the body.

The arms are not that good but if was meant to a mata, monkey arm thing then it's a good try and I do like the hands with the use of mixel parts. Like the body the legs are bad and really odd looking, the feet I don't know what to say but I don't like the toes at all.

The weapon I have nothing to say but that it's look great.

The concept of what you are trying to do sound great but I don't think the MOC is good to fit with the idea but it is a good try.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

To be honest, this MOC look terrible. The body is bad, the HF armor on his lower body don't fit and the gray fits badly to the MOC (it would have been better if the gray was cahnge to dark green), but I do like the idea of using the Bohrok foot in the body.

The arms are not that good but if was meant to a mata, monkey arm thing then it's a good try and I do like the hands with the use of mixel parts. Like the body the legs are bad and really odd looking, the feet I don't know what to say but I don't like the toes at all.

The concept of what you are trying to do sound great but I don't think the MOC is good to fit with the idea but it is a good try.

SHOTS FIRED

In all seriousness, I actually only dislike the almost inverted color scheme, but it can't be helped that LEGO hates brick green. I like the slightly hunched form, but kinda dislike the toes and the elbows. Other than that, he looks fantastic.

bBhcfWO.png

On the bohrok feet elbows: I am trying to throw a few similar design elements into each Toa to keep some visual consistency between the team. Will they all use the bohrok elbows? Probably not. But I would expect to see it again. I want them to all look like individuals, but also have markers that convey immediately that they are from the same basic culture and team. I don't think they work as well on Lewa as they did on Onua, true! But I think they get the job done while also adding in some more green.

It is a wonderfully unique interpretation of Lewa. I really like his axe, especially the brown handle to give it a wooden tribal feel. The feet follows that up, with the toes being a nice touch. The design of the lower torso also implies that he has a sort of loincloth, Tarzan style.

While the black and grey bits aren't exactly bad, I think you should have wholly committed to just one of the two. The blackened legs and feet don't match the grey-mixed torso. And the light bley on his knees is distracting. The upper arms are also out of place; the Bohrok feet are oddly shaped. I think the extremely thin forearms are fine, since his overall look is supposed to be that of a fast and nimble Toa.

His big hands give an ape-look, further complementing his jungle style.

I originally used black hordika necks in the torso, but the sockets are only available in dark grey anyway, and the black is too strong and visually distracting. It also ruins the "the black is wrapped cloth around his limbs" look. Also, why would clothed limbs need to match a torso? The light bley on his knees is obviously not going anywhere, since that piece doesn't exist in all black. The upper arms (the lime HF joints) are a key visual element to the MOC's more simian nature.

Well, I'm glad my technique has stuck with at least one person. The green looks good, though the grey sticks out a bit in the lime, green, and black MOC. You could try a black one (as I'll show on my Krika revamp), but it might not look all that great to have that much black in the torso. The open front also gives him more of a thickset look. It would be nice if you could close the top a bit more.

Probably my favorite part about this is that axe. That axehead looks fantastic (I need to get some of those pieces) and I love the wooden handle with the green. It immediately reminds me of Lewa's axe, but almost better (hard to beat the classics and a weapon molded in one piece with lots of detail). The infected mask also looks amazing. I can't believe you did it that long ago!

All the lime in the torso makes it a bit hard to see this as Lewa. The shaping is fantastic and I can see that MNOLG form you're talking about, but if you concentrated the lime into the limbs and left the torso more Technic/Bionicle based in green, it may look better. The lower legs succeed at this better, though all the black in the feet throw it off. The arms don't look quite as nice with that Bohrok foot, but maybe if you added a piston coming from the back into the shoulder (if you must keep it) it would look more natural. It's not so much the part jutting out of the elbow, but how low it is and how flat it is with the bottom of the arm. It doesn't look like a decoration, but rather a foot connected in an odd place (maybe Lewa got a bit confused coming out of his canister :P). The silver fingers look a little odd too. Maybe black or dark green (which you could work into the color scheme with the Titan joints at least).

That all being said, one other thing I love about the MOC is the back. Here you integrated enough green to make it look more like Lewa. There's just enough lime green in the right places to get that color distribution right on. The shaping looks great all around and many of the problems in the front aren't noticable. The only thing I'd change there would be the red to black, if possible, eventually. It also would be nice to fill in the back of the lower leg a bit more, preferably with lime green.

Just trying to give back a bit of the great criticism I got for my Lewa. It has helped so much in my revamp of him!

I love this design a lot, though I can't for the life of me see where you get heavy-set from. To me he almost looks emaciated, which was almost the goal, lol! No dark green in this MOC- I am not going to use any metru versions of the colours in any of the MOCs where that would be applicable (so no dark red on Tahu, dark blue on Gali, or metru brown on Pohatu). The Mata's non-black or grey colours are bright and vibrant. These MOCs aim to replicate that. His hands are actually grey, by the way. :)

Black and grey were both prominent tertiary colours on all six Toa. I think people might be disappointed if they are expecting me to remove them entirely from the builds. Even the Onua MOC has light grey sprinkled throughout him. In the case of Lewa, I just chose to change the shade of grey he used. Think of the grey as more mechanical bits, like how the original toys used grey for the gear systems.

Eventually I will own more black ball joint parts and I will definitely swap them out.

His stance and overall build reminds me of Bumi from Legend of Korra, who I think would make a perfect Le-Matoran/Toa of Air, especially now that he's an airbender.   :P

Good job.  It seems like you're emphasizing more individuality for the Toa Mata.  Good change of pace from them all having the same basic body type.  Keep it up!

The funny part is that part of the build was directly inspired from the Last Airbender Bumi. Thanks!

I dunno, but for some reason I got this "maniac" feel when I looked at it. Maybe it's the Miru's grin plus his hunch and that big axe of his? Where'd you get the axe head anyways?

He really does look like a monkey. I can imagine him swinging from the vines of Le-Wahi in my head right now. It would be very indicative of his playful nature, if I just wouldn't get creeper out by that Miru...

I have always thought the Miru had a bit of a darker, crazed look to it. Sort of perfect for a deep-jungle dwelling culture, and even more perfect for a jovial, trickster air spirit.

Good for you.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I've tried to give Lewa a spritely, trickstery, agile, flighty look to represent a lot of traditional characterizations of air elementals in fiction. He's a young, jovial, agile guy with big hands for swinging through forests and jungles.

Absolutely nailed this.

The hands really stick out for me, too. They appear to be quite sturdy, actually, and if they are, I'm sure it wasn't too easy to pull off!

okay you've basically heard my thoughts several times throughout the entire building process but I'll say again that this guy is absolutely PACKED with character and perfectly emulates the spirit of who Lewa is. The feet are brilliant, the arms and hands are exaggerated enough to marry familiarity and alien likeness in the way humans liken to gods, and the overall posture and lithe, atlethic build absolutely encompass everything I envisioned him to be.

It's okay to be wrong.
  • Upvote 2

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

• 2 months later...

I think that looks great. It's a good use of the Hero Factory pieces as his armor, and I loved that you put him in all his various masks he had as a Toa.

You should put him in a Krana, too. :P

I really like the way his feet are done, too. Not what I would've expected but they look great.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

I don't have any complaints about the rest of it, but the hunch does not really work for me. For a character who was always described as acting young, the hunch just makes him look old.

Besides that, I really love how you used the new mini-ball joints for the hands.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I saw this when you first posted it, but didn't respond until now. Probably the best Toa Mata revamp I've ever seen.

I wonder, are you keeping these guys intact until you have the full team together? I'd love to see a group photo when you're done. 

As mentioned previously - the images of him with the golden Kanohi in particular look straight out of the MNOG animations (specifically the Onua fight scene one). A really good MOC, my primary criticism would be the wide hips (makes his body shape/silhouette seem closer to Pohatu), but beyond that not much to say. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I like it, but honestly when I see this, I don't see sprightly or agile... he looks kind of lumpy and oddly proportioned. The thickness of the calves make sense given he's jumping and climbing all over the place. But the almost potbelly-like lower torso, and the shoulders that are not only hunched (as planned) but shoved forward to imply he has little to no neck, seem out of place.

I do love your technique, and the direction you were going (love the axe and feet). Just trying to explain the disconnect I saw between how you describe his personality and how he came off looking, at least to me. With some long arms and a bright-red butt, he could be an orangutan - which I suppose fits the jungle idea, but not the quick and nimble one.

signature.png

Edited by Kayru

signature.png

BRILLIANT. Simply BRILLIANT. You captured Lewa perfectly! Do Kopaka next!

I've thought of Lewa that way since 2001. He really does look like an axe-murderer...

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! I love the build, quite clever with your use of unlikely pieces. But where'd the axe head come from?  O.O It looks fantastic!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

Awesome! I love the build, quite clever with your use of unlikely pieces. But where'd the axe head come from?  O.O It looks fantastic!

Summer Chima Ultrabuilds. They were never released in the USA. I actually am still seeing 2013 ultrabuilds in stores!

That's a bust. You think they'll be on Amazon?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!