Your First Year Of Bionicle

Bambi

In which year did you become a fan of BIONICLE?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2006. I started getting the comics, and then the sets, and then BZP, and then procrastination... :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I got hooked on bionicle in 2001. I actually got the sets and magazines and such. I was really young though and couldn't read the comics, but I looked at the pretty pictures. Later in 2003 I made my parents read me the comics and I would always correct them when they got a word wrong like Toa or Rahi. Sometimes they would ask why I needed help reading if I always corrected them... Good times...~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

2001. I'll never forget that one, faithful trip to McDonalds.....Can't believe I have to credit McDonalds for becoming a fan of BIONICLE, but alas, that's the way the cookie crumbles.After the Tohunga (or McToran, whatever), it was only a matter of time before I became hooked and acquired all the Toa Mata. And the rest is history.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

//Grid_Entry Active... Topic entered--2001 all the way. My Tahu Mata is..well I can find his body.. and I have enough Bohrok peices to make 1 complete version (out of the original 3)-Ill never forget my friend telling me that Bionicle = Bio: Living & Nicle: the metal they were made of-Many a fight Tahu and Lehrak had.-Many a day wondering "What the karz is this bulby thing for?"--//End of Line.

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

As I expected, most of the people on BZP seem to have become fans in 2001. :P However, a surprising mix of latecomers are present, and that's nice to see. I thought I was the only one! (I joined up in 2003, after seeing the Rahkshi in a LEGO catalogue). :lol:Thanks again to Bambi for making the poll,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

2003 all the way, I guess. Being four years old at the time, I don't really remember much, other than that I bought a Gurahk, a Kurahk and a Lerahk.

My BZPRPG Characters

BIONICLE Table-Top Roleplaying Game System Project, Started by The Iron Toa

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

I was there from the beginning, my first set was Gali Mata all the way back in 2001. However, it wasn't really until 2003 that I really became aware of the storyline. Although from that point on, while I still bought the sets, the story was the main reason that I was into Bionicle. It's really the only reason I'm still here a decade on (that and the wonderful BZP community of course).:kakamanu: :t: :m_p: :n: :kakamanu:

Banner.jpeg

When I was three I remember seeing Lewa Nuva and asking my dad if I could have it he said no but, I did get the bionicle movies by the time I was 5 I had all three when I got to 6 that is when my interest in bionicle started acting up I blame my father for addiction of bionicle. My first sets were a Rahkshi Toa Nuparu and Hakann.

• 3 weeks later...

2003 for me. Technically I was knowledgable of it beforehand, because of my younger brother and cousin, but I didn't get hooked until I read the MoL novelization. :P-Inferna

Got my Nuhvok Kal somewhen back when they came out, but it wasn't until the Toa Metru that I really got hooked.Therefore, 2004 .(Waaaait, I've been into this stuff for so long already? D: Impossible...) Additional interest came in 2008 when I joined BZPower... but that doesn't really count. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I've been with this series since its start, but my first actual set was a Tahnok. Sucks to be a kid with no money, y'know. :) Nowadays I wish I had gotten some of the 2001 sets, or at least a few mask packs. I mostly got gold and silver masks. :/

Late 2002 when my dad got Tahu Nuva(granted, Tahu was for himself, but he let me have it in about 2006). The things I'd do to get my hands on another one of those...Despite my late introduction, I nostalgia'd really hard when I got Gali Mata a few months ago. Is that normal?

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

• 3 weeks later...

2001. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

I first saw the previews in 2000 in the Lego magazines. I remember thinking they were really weird action figures that I'd never want. That was probably because they were only small pictures. In the begging of 2001, A kid from across the street had gotten in to them, and dragged me along with him. He claimed to be a master of Bionicle lore. I remember the first word I learned was "Kanohi," with the first two syllables pronounced like "canoe." I found out how there were six Toa heroes, all of whom were guys except for Lewa who was a girl. I was delighted to get Tohunga from McDonalds, and I acquired my first set, Pahrak, the following Christmas. A few years later my family moved, and our new library had Bionicle books and MoL. I ran home excitedly with Tale of the Toa. I discovered how many misconceptions I had believed.~Roablin

banner.png