BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vakua nodded, and left the room.

Kalyss, your turn.

The Su-Toa nodded, and got up. Something might have come up. Casanuva will fill you in.

She closed the door, and sat down. "What can I help you with, ma'am?"

IC: Eleen (Ga-Koro Marines HQ)

Eleen finished writing some notes and then looked at Kalyss. "So, first of all, do you think that Skorm murdered Gahla, the Marine you found dead? Do you have any proof or maybe some details you noticed, but haven't mentioned yet?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

"Don't worry officer, everything's fine" LoJak told the Marine.

Turning his attention back to the foreigners, he continued.

"If you're sure, I guess I'll go back into the crowd. But my offer stands. If any of you need assistance with anything, anything at all, you need only ask. I don't live very far from here, and some of the locals should be able to point you to me." After the Sarsi had begun selling action figures of the team they'd become minor - very minor - celebrities in region, particularly amongst the children.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Kalyss sighed. "She was obviously drowned, and I'm pretty sure it would be hard for a Marine to do so on her own. And back during our training... We were running a simulation, infiltrating a hostile fortress. We came in through the docks, Skorm was the advanced scout. He immobilized one off he guards, and started interrogating him. When he was done, he gravitized the guard to the bottom of the bay. Held him down there. He got extra score for that, creative use of powers."

The two sat in silence for a moment.

"I heard Gahla was a gate guard. Wouldn't she know who entered and exited the Koro? Skorm was obviously a new arrival. Vakua has been here for a while, and Casanuva and I just showed up. Maybe he was following one of us? Probably Casanuva, since I came in running across Naho Bay from Po-Wahi."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:Baku

I entered the city of Ga-koro, some what reluctantly. I looked around to try and find someone to ask for some water. It had been days since I had water and my powers were starting to act strange, so I was unwilling to touch water.

OOC: open to interaction.

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

IC:

Slightly disappointed that he hadn't seen a fight break out, Eutuchia strode up to the group of crystal-clad beings, raising his voice and trying to make a small bit of fuss to make sure he was noticed (Toa and Toa-sized beings weren't always good at noticing Matoran).

"So, I take it you want to talk to whoever is in charge?" he said to the few of the crystal-clad Toa-things in the front, waving an arm up at them. "I can help with that, if you need it."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Ayiwah):

.:Easy, Arisaka. They are extending us courtesies, it would appear you are coming across as...harsh. I think they got the message:.

The commodore turned to the other newcomer, who had just addressed them.

"An astute observation. Though yours is not the first offer...may I suggest you decide among yourselves who will be our guide?" she said. 

The Leah chimed in again. 

"Why don't we share this duty?" she asked Eutuchia and the others who had offered assistance. "I am sure our guests are as curious as you and will have questions for you. Since there are quite a few here, why don't we walk to the Turaga's hut. It has enough space to accommodate us all if need be and we can answer questions along the way and show them a little more of our city."

She looked at the crystal-clad warrior. "What do you say -" she started, but then paused, realizing she had not caught the visitor's names yet.

Ayiwah immediately noticed the hesitation and repeated the introductions, first of herself, then of the others in the group.

"Commodore Ayiwah Umbraline. This is Lady Hanako Herupa and my first mate, Lieutenant Tazera Ageru."

Then she added: "And your suggestions seems reasonable."

"Thank you, commodore." Leah replied. "This way, please."

The group of Dasaka, flanked on both sides by the those villagers eager, to help, followed Leah and Eutuchia into the village at a steady pace. And while there were many sights to see all around, Ayiwah's immediate question was directed at the Toa of water still: 

"Why is it, that you are merely leading us to a meeting with those in charge of this village? It is obvious that you have at least some authority among your people."

Leah smiled and replied: "Not as much as you think. I am merely a guardian of Ga-Koro; its patron, if you will. I am responsible to keep my people safe, but I do not rule over them."

"Then who does?" the Commodore asked.

OOC: Just to get the actual game of twenty questions rolling instead of bickering over who gets to play chaperon ^^ I'll leave the rest of the answers to you! 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Finding an opportunity to help, LoJak was more than happy to help in spite of one of the stranger's wariness.

"In principle: The Great Spirit Mata-Nui, mainly through his three values of Duty, Unity and Destiny. In reality, no one. Our island has six main villages, called Koros, each of which is situated is vastly different climates and environments. Each village is headed by an Akiri, elected to be responsible for administrative,political, military and most other functions necessary for running a society.

"For there to be one ruler over all of Mata-Nui would be...chaotic. Each Koro has it's own populace and problems it faces, and are separated from each other by vast distances. Those reasons alone prevent strong leadership, aside from pride and distrust. Then again, if any one Koro or person tried to exert dominance over the island, the other's would unite to stop it. As much as we're separate entities, we're also all brothers and sisters, ready to come together to fight against any threat to our freedom and safety. 

"How does it work by you?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

.:That is... Illogical.:.

"We have one leader, her highness the Rora. Our Empress." Sinshi answered, vocalizing her answer while internally raising several eyebrows. "She presides over our empire, which is made up of many clans. Each clan is lead by their own Toroshu, who are free to run their own clans as they wish, provided they obey the empire's laws."

.:Six disparate villages? No leadership? No wonder these people are chaotic.:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Mons Shajs)

The Skakdi tagged along, to the side of the group. He paid attention to both the discussions and his surroundings, just in case. Hearing that they came from a distant, clannish Empire piqued his interest, however. As despite his rather rough manner of speaking, Shajs was quite educated. From the disparity between the genders among the foreigners, a question began to build in his mind.

"Pard'un, ma'am, but ar'a there a'more women than men in yer lands?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

"Specifically, in our Koro, it was Hahli who was elected to lead us," Eutuchia replied, picking up where Leah and LoJak had left off. "Anymore, though, I'm the one who has to do a lot of the more menial parts of the job, and have to pick up the slack whenever Hahli goes off for some sort of visit or meeting or such." He was somewhat interested by the description of how the society of the others was set up, although it seemed a little silly to him - probably just the same as theirs did to them.

"Yeah, we don't work to well with the sole-ruler sort of idea, but there are good reasons for that, leading up even to our most recent history. Toa Leah here is the expert on that, though."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Asa

Asa listened with great interest. She finally asked:

"In our land, we possess four social castes/

Menti, Dashi, Ringti, and Saihoko/

Warriors, workers, artisans, merchants/

Each fulfilling a different purpose/

All are needed, but not all respected/

From first to last, valued and regarded/

Do these social distinctions exist here?"

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC: (Hanako Herupa)

There was so much to take it, so many things that were happening at once, and I couldn't possibly respond to all of it. Lengthy individual talks would have to wait for later, for now we were learning a great deal about their culture, their government makeup, and I found it quite interesting. They lived a less rigid lifestyle it seemed, they were bound by caste or a rulership that seemed to lord over them, but rather civil servants acting for the common good of their people. In other words nothing like ours. I heard Asa's question to them, but decided to ask my own, to further elaborate on what Eutuchia had said.

"Toa Leah, what is Eutuchia speaking of?" I asked.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Eleen(Ga-koro, Marines HQ)

"Maybe." Skorm now had motives, as well. Eleen was certain that he was the murderer. There was still a chance that Kalyss was lying, but Eleen detected no signs of it in her body language. "Well, thank you. I think I have all the information I need. Skorm shall never enter Ga-koro again, unless he manages to stay hidden. Could you now ask Mirra to come here next? She's the white female Toa, her eyes are light blue."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Asa

Asa listened with great interest. She finally asked:

"In our land, we possess four social castes/

Menti, Dashi, Ringti, and Saihoko/

Warriors, workers, artisans, merchants/

Each fulfilling a different purpose/

All are needed, but not all respected/

From first to last, valued and regarded/

Do these social distinctions exist here?"

IC Girah:

"Most certainly not. We might have people who are artisans and warriors, but they are not ordered by caste. In fact, I do not believe we have ever had a structure that rigid." Girah was finding these newcomers more and more interesting as time went by. "It sounds efficient and incredibly stable, but a bit discomforting if I were to be honest."

Girah contemplated for a moment. "I suppose something so structured sounds a bit too close to what Makuta was trying to make for comfort, if I may make that comparison. That, and a codified structure has never been needed for unity on Mata Nui. The Koros have always been unified by a common threat. Even when they were not, cooler heads prevailed when differences arose."

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Ooc: Arden from kini-nui.

Ic:

Arden walked back into ga-koro.

Looks like there's a lot of commotion on the docks, She noted.

There's a bunch of chicks there. Can I talk to them? Aeolus thought.

"No," she said, a low growl in her voice as the Ta-toa buzzed about in their head. Considering how she was a Marine, she joined her fellow Marines in following this lot.

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

As I heard Girah speak, he affirmed some of my views. A common enemy, that at least explained why so many of them were armed, and apparently bad experiences with the idea of a sole ruler had left them disparate.

So at least they had reasons for their ways of life, and weren't at all shy about laying them out for us.

"This... mutt. You all seem to act rather casual around wildlife, is there a lot of it beyond the villages"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Girah:

"This... mutt. You all seem to act rather casual around wildlife, is there a lot of it beyond the villages"

Girah looked at the Turaga-like being. "Oh, sure. Budge here is of a tame variety, but wild Rahi abound in much greater numbers. Absurd amounts of wildlife. Maybe a bit too much for comfort, actually. Anyone who has also had a run-in with a twelve-foot Nui-Jaga will back me up."

Budge came up to Mako and began snuffling at his feet, examining.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC:

"The exact opposite of all that is good in the world," Eutuchia replied to Asa. "A being of shadow and evil who sought to conquer our homeland, dominate our wills, and rule with an iron fist all of those who lived on this island. Thankfully, he didn't succeed."

IC Girah

"At least from the rumors I have heard, he was apparently brilliantly intelligent and a big, strong sort of fellow. Frankly, I am surprised he went down as easy as he did."

Being once upon a time a pirate captain, Shajs was a deal more in tune with the darker side of Mata Nui. Or at the vary least, what it once was. He never was a Makuta servant, as back then he felt no reason to align himself to anything but his own ship. But several of his crewmen were, and he'd known, and conversed with them often during his frequent trips to Xa-Koro. Shajs knew the type and knew many of their reasons. And everyone of them was dead, many by his own hand in his service with the Marines. He had many years back went from indifference to seething hatred of Makuta and his servants quite fast. Something all those histories he studied later on enforced.

"Ta' say Makuta wus a being is 'bout tha best description ya can give. Too vile ta be consider'a god, an' too powerful ta be consider'a a King. He'a corrupited scores 'o Rahi ta 'is whims, sent 'is a-so-called sons ta' attack innocents, an'a convinced scores 'o loonies, malcontents 'an terrorists ta follow 'im. The Koros fought 'is forces fer o'er a thous'und years, 'til tha Maru a'sent 'im ta his final judgement... 'ell, we're still havin' ta deal with straggalars from 'is forces ta this vary day!"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

The Cy-Toa looked up at the sound of her name. "Look like it's my turn," she sighed, "wish me luck?"

"You won't need it." Wisp assured her.

Mirra managed a smile, then headed into the room, sitting down across from Eleen. "So, what did you want to know?"

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Arisaka

"This 'Makuta' sounds a lot like Zataka..." Arisaka noted, though it appeared this Makuta had been defeated by these Toa Maru. However they were still followers of this Makuta, perhaps the crazy Fire Toa that had tried to attack them was one such individual. 

"How is this Makuta related to your Mata Nui?" She inquired. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Brothers they a'were. Makuta grew jealous o'er tha Matoran's affection fer Mata Nui, 'an put im inta a deep slumber, bea'for history began ta be recorded" Shajs said feeling somewhat strange telling the story. "'e declared 'imself ruler o'er that island. But tha Turaga, tha previous leaders of'a our lands, rightfull'a declared 'im a thief and mongrel, an' held onta faith 'in Mata Nui. They'a said six Toa would com'an rescue tha island from Makuta's grasp. 'An long before'a I came ta thisa land, they did. Tha First Toa came indeed, but unforun'a'ly, they died fightin' him, 'an Makuta retained dominance o'er the island 'til the Maru destroyed 'im in tha black heart'o Mangaia."

Edited by Mr. House

IC (Leah):

The Toa Maru had been prepared to tell the legend, but then the others cut in first. Which Leah was quite okay with - it saved her from putting the spotlight on herself. However the Skakdi's explanation did make her tense when he spoke of Makuta's destruction. After all, that statement was false, though Mons did not know that part of the story.

Karz, until a few days ago, none of us knew... she thought to herself. 

Ayiwah raised an eyebrow at Mons. Not because of the story, but because she felt the question was aimed at the Toa Maru, not the Skakdi who had spoken. Looking around, she did notice there were quite a number of them present among the village's people. She made a mental note to ask about their presence later. 

"You speak of stragglers, yet it looks like every one in the village would be ready to go to war at a moment's notice. That does not look like dealing with remnants."

Leah nodded. "They're not the only ones causing trouble. As Girah mentioned, there are many dangerous Rahi in the wild. They used to be under Makuta's control through the use of infected Kanohi. Now one just needs to be careful not to intrude on their territory or to stumble into their dwellings. But we also have common criminals, thieves; rogue bands of mercenaries, pirates, cults and other criminal elements to deal with and it can be difficult to track them. Despite what you may think after seeing our village, most of the island is uninhabited and wild. There are many dark places where such people can hide..."

Ayiwah just nodded. It was too soon to make any judgments. Right now all she had were initial observations.  

"You mentioned 'Zataka'? Who is he?" LoJak asked.

"She." Ayiwah corrected. "The dark sister to our spirit Zuto-Nui."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Envoys?" Tyrus asked, hints of surprise showing through the single word. "Envoys from where?"

---

IC:

I was trying very, very hard to maintain my impassive demeanour.

"I suppose I walked into that one, didn't I?"

---

IC:

Although I'd maintained my cool countenance throughout the entire conversation about the (ripped-off) gods of this island, I cracked the barest of smiles when I heard Girah mention, "At least from the rumors I have heard, he was apparently brilliantly intelligent and a big, strong sort of fellow. Frankly, I am surprised he went down as easy as he did."

"Well," I said, "'the bigger they come' and all that...."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Tarkah [Marine Headquarters]: 

"A-Ah, I think they mentioned something about an archipelago... and how they were part of an empire." The recruit glanced around the lobby and tried to pick out anymore information from the hushed conversations of any marines standing by.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC Girah:

"Well," I said, "'the bigger they come' and all that...."

Girah grimaced. "Yes, I suppose." He opened his mouth once or twice, thinking about what to say, but not quite sure how to word it. Finally, he settled on a phrase. "Makuta always struck me, and I speak not from personal experience, so perhaps someone who does might know better, as the sort who was always one step ahead. I don't know. Sometimes I wonder if...." For the first time since arriving in the bay, Girah chose not to speak his mind to any and all present, growing, what was to him, uncharacteristically brooding and silent.

Mentally, he finished the words. If all that has transpired was according to plan. Girah shuddered.

The thought was too unsettling to brood on. Girah dispelled it from his thoughts and continued. "Anyways. Did this Zataka ever plague your island? Some sort of battle or mischief with her at the core?"

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

The Plangori had been half-listening to the various Mata Nuians rattling off the island's history; her other half was still scanning the people and places around her, starting to get a read on them.  Some saleswoman's habits were hard to break, and after months stuck in the capitol and on a submarine, it was good to get back into the swing of things.

Off to her side, the spiky one and Girah moved onto the topic of the Makuta.  "Sounds like a real nice guy," she muttered.  Half the folks were bouncing around, and the village itself was - well, it was a sight different from Sado, that was for sure.  Could you even dye lilypads?

"Tha First Toa came indeed, but unforun'a'ly, they died fightin' him, 'an Makuta retained dominance o'er the island 'til the Maru destroyed 'im in tha black heart'o Mangaia."

Well, all's well that... hm? The one who'd tossed the ocean about like a bath toy - Leah, was it? Was it Soraya's imagination, or had she tensed at the funny-talking man's last few words?

Soraya watched her a moment, but she had moved onto an explanation of the twenty-something kinds of jerks they had to put up with these days.  She shook her head and looked away; probably just a bit of rust on her people-reading skills.  'Sides, there was enough to deal with at the moment without bringing island-conquering ancient evils into the picture.

"Well, she did send us men."

"... What's that supposed to imply?"

"It implies whatever you want it to imply," she answered with a grin.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

"It implies whatever you want it to imply."

"It does indeed" Soraph said with a similar grin.

"It's just that in the Empire, men are generally thought to be more violent than other Dasaka. But we all know women can be just as savage" she said, thinking of her own aunt. 

"Do your people have any medicines here? Anything grown naturally?"

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?