OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Acquired LoSS recently, mainly for the Hero Pack.

At first I didn't like him

Next day I liked it even more.

Then over the past few days I've had a growing appreciation for LoSS. Sure, he's not the best, but the number of pieces you get for the price is a huge plus. He has twice as many parts as Pohatu... who is at the same price. Not only that, but I now think that the trans-orange technic beams and shells realy suit LoSS. It kind of reminds me of extremely small arachnids who have fairly transparent legs, I must say. Also, his function is really fun and IMO is what sets him apart from other non-humanoid BIONICLE and HF sets around his price point. You can put me in that LoSS fan club. We need more sets like LoSS, ones that dare to not be humanoid and have functions.

Then I realised, of course, we have Skull Scorpio in the summer wave! Which looks like it has a tail function. If it works well, then I will drop my criticisms of its unposable legs because I have discovered that I LOVE FUNCTIONS. They add this sort of novelty and play value to the sets that is lacking from most sets before 2015. 

I like that LEGO is beginning to experiment with functions. In LoSS, we have the crushing grip function. In most of the sets, we have the gear function. In Skull Basher, we have the bashing function (which, if it sells well, I will not be surprised to see it appearing in more sets). In Skull Scorpio, we have that tail function. Hopefully if we're lucky we'll see an even wider variety of functions in 2016.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

CHI Craggers come with a few >-< CCBS bones, those are handy. (right?)

Quite handy, in fact. They are great for connecting CCBS to Bionicle G1-based parts. I use many of those >-< parts on my MOCs, and I still cannot get enough of them. They're great! (not from Kellogg's). :P

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

...TAHU'S ARM KEEPS FALLING OFF.

In other news, Gali is everything I could have hoped for and more.

The funny thing is, even though I said I like her battle mode, I prefer her Adrenaline Mode because she just looks so slim and light and ready to dive into the deep.

I've never had an issue with Tahu's arms falling off. 

The funny thing is, even though I said I like her battle mode, I prefer her Adrenaline Mode because she just looks so slim and light and ready to dive into the deep.

What part keeps falling off, the socket joint or the axle joint connected to the ball?

OpAXNpl.jpg

After building most of the new sets, (all save for 2 protectors), I must say that I really like CCBS. I never bought any of the hero factory sets so this is my first exposure to the system. I have a question for those who own both the 2015 Bionicle sets and hero factory sets. Minus the gears, how similar are the Bionicle sets to Hero Factory? Are any of the Hero Factory sets worth getting?

Other than the gear functions (which quite honestly give the Bionicle sets an unfair advantage as far as making comparisons goes....) they really aren't that different. They may go for different aesthetics in some ways, but since they're mostly humanoids and using for the most part the exact same pieces, there's not a huge difference. (especially if, again, we take the gearboxes out of the equation)

But yes, there's definitely a number of Hero Factory sets that are more than worth getting. The Breakout wave in 2012 in particular had some really standout sets. Toxic Reapa, Thornraxx and Rocka come to mind. Savage Planet's Waspix was also pretty great....Not too sure about the last couple of years though, didn't get much of those.

Yeah, 2012 was a great year for HF. And the later years after that were really nice too. Furno XL is just awesome, and he was also the first Constraction set to have a cape since Vezon & Fenrakk/Vezon & Kardas. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

After building most of the new sets, (all save for 2 protectors), I must say that I really like CCBS. I never bought any of the hero factory sets so this is my first exposure to the system. I have a question for those who own both the 2015 Bionicle sets and hero factory sets. Minus the gears, how similar are the Bionicle sets to Hero Factory? Are any of the Hero Factory sets worth getting?

Other than the gear functions (which quite honestly give the Bionicle sets an unfair advantage as far as making comparisons goes....) they really aren't that different. They may go for different aesthetics in some ways, but since they're mostly humanoids and using for the most part the exact same pieces, there's not a huge difference. (especially if, again, we take the gearboxes out of the equation)

But yes, there's definitely a number of Hero Factory sets that are more than worth getting. The Breakout wave in 2012 in particular had some really standout sets. Toxic Reapa, Thornraxx and Rocka come to mind. Savage Planet's Waspix was also pretty great....Not too sure about the last couple of years though, didn't get much of those.

Yeah, 2012 was a great year for HF. And the later years after that were really nice too. Furno XL is just awesome, and he was also the first Constraction set to have a cape since Vezon & Fenrakk/Vezon & Kardas. :P

Capes!

cringe

Capes!

One thing I have been thinking about: Do you think that Lego will come out with more construction-based cloths?

Personally, I would love to see scarves for characters living in cold regions, as well as tattered capes for heroes and villains alike.

Oh man scarves would be awesome

I don't think it'll happen though.

Capes!

One thing I have been thinking about: Do you think that Lego will come out with more construction-based cloths?

Personally, I would love to see scarves for characters living in cold regions, as well as tattered capes for heroes and villains alike.

I certainly hope so. :D Nothing makes a set look intimidating more than a good ol' tattered cape. Robes and ponchos might be interesting too. :P Or even hats. Imagine that- Bionicle hats. :P

• Upvote 2

VBWj75sh.png

Capes!

I certainly hope so. :D Nothing makes a set look intimidating more than a good ol' tattered cape. Robes and ponchos might be interesting too. :P Or even hats. Imagine that- Bionicle hats. :P

We could have Gali in a rain poncho, Lewa in a parachute suit, Kopaka in a fluffy winter coat, Onua in a gold miner's outfit, Tahu in a full-body flame resistant suit, and Pohatu in a soccer jersey! 

bZpOwEr

Not quite true; Karzahni had a cape, so he would be the last one before Furno XL.

What part keeps falling off, the socket joint or the axle joint connected to the ball?

Um... The entire left arm falls out and I have to shove it back in.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I was trying to ask what pert keeps disconnecting, but looking back my wording got kind of jumbled.  I assume you mean the axle comes out of the gearbox.  My first guess would be a loose axle, though I'm not sure how it could be that loose.  Maybe the gear it connects to is loose or cracked.

I'd say to check how you assembled it, but I can't imagine any kind of error that would result in the arm "falling out" as you say, aside from leaving the gear out entirely.

Unless you mean the socket disconnects, in which case a cracked or defective socket might be the culprit.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Anyone else notice that the Lord of Skull Spiders looks completley differet in the comics provided in the instructions? I wonder if there was a prototype that looked similar to that.

That's probably it. The only real differences are the colour and fangs so probably just didn't bother to change it when design was finalized.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Not quite true; Karzahni had a cape, so he would be the last one before Furno XL.

Oh yeah, I forgot/didn't realize Karzahni had a cape. (For a while I didn't know Karzahni ever even had a set. :P)

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I was trying to ask what pert keeps disconnecting, but looking back my wording got kind of jumbled.  I assume you mean the axle comes out of the gearbox.  My first guess would be a loose axle, though I'm not sure how it could be that loose.  Maybe the gear it connects to is loose or cracked.

I'd say to check how you assembled it, but I can't imagine any kind of error that would result in the arm "falling out" as you say, aside from leaving the gear out entirely.

Unless you mean the socket disconnects, in which case a cracked or defective socket might be the culprit.

The set looks fine to me....

Lara Croft

I was trying to ask what pert keeps disconnecting, but looking back my wording got kind of jumbled. I assume you mean the axle comes out of the gearbox. My first guess would be a loose axle, though I'm not sure how it could be that loose. Maybe the gear it connects to is loose or cracked.

The set looks fine to me....

It could just be an odd axle or socket, then. I notice when trying to disconnect the arm from the balljoint, the axle tends to slide out. If it just slides out on it's own, or the arm just falls off the ball, it could just be worn out, or a faulty mold. The most I can suggest is to try find a replacement axle or joint on BrickLink for cheep, or if you have another CCBS or Technic set you don't mind taking apart, replacing it with one that definitely works. I hope for you the best in fixing your BIONICLE sets.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

If it is the axle that keeps disconnecting (you haven't really specified beyond "his arm"), then I'd suggest taking the gear out of the gearbox and testing it on the axle while they're separated from the set. If it's a really loose connection, then test the gear on a completely different axle that you know is fine, and test the axle on another axle hole that you know grips well. That should tell you which one is causing the problem.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Aren't these axles meant to be looser than these ones? One reason I say that is because the pins of the same colour are the second loosest only after the light grey ones. I mean, I could be wrong but I feel like the sand axles slide through the gears more easily than the blay axles, which are a lot more tight. My Tahu arms tend to fall out quite a bit too and I have been attributing it to the axles. Can anyone confirm? 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Aren't these axles meant to be looser than these ones? One reason I say that is because the pins of the same colour are the second loosest only after the light grey ones. I mean, I could be wrong but I feel like the sand axles slide through the gears more easily than the blay axles, which are a lot more tight. My Tahu arms tend to fall out quite a bit too and I have been attributing it to the axles. Can anyone confirm?

-NotS

No, they aren't designed to be looser whatsoever... An axle is an axle is an axle. There SHOULD be no difference in their tightness. The brick yellow and light grey connectors are looser than the bright blue and black connectors due to the fact that the mold on the blue/black pins are friction pins compared to the standard versions, which are the grey/tan ones. The reason the grey ones seem to be looser is due to their age.

Fun fact: The frictionless pins were made in black originally in the 70s/80s, recolored to grey in the 90s, and brick yellow in the early 2000s.

• Upvote 3

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

In my experience, one of Tahus arms would always fall off every time I tried messing with his shoulder armor. Especially when I attempt to reattach said armor to the ball socket.  

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The same happens for me with Tahu and Kopaka, often when you pick them up by their arms it will slide right out. It's not something that overly bothers me, but still, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have it.

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

The same happens for me with Tahu and Kopaka, often when you pick them up by their arms it will slide right out. It's not something that overly bothers me, but still, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have it.

-Iben

Hmmm, I was wondering why some people were having trouble with this and I wasn't, but I guess that partly explains it. I've never been one to pick a set up by its arms.

One solution is actually to chew or use pliers on the end where the axle connects to the gearbox. This will displace the plastic and give the connection more friction. I would recommend against doing so if you can find a tighter connection by switching out the pieces. Tahu comes with 3 axles and 3 gears. Simply switch out the one with the loose arm. 

I never hold a set by the arms, either. The only time I've ever had Tahu's arms fall off is when I personally tug on it. 

I don't know what to do! The hype is gone now that I have the whole wave! What's next? I missed it when there was constant updates and stories and comics and games and videos. These terrible animations aren't even close to being enough! 

At least I get to play with Gali every day now instead of watching the reviews over and over.

Lara Croft

I don't know what to do! The hype is gone now that I have the whole wave! What's next? I missed it when there was constant updates and stories and comics and games and videos. These terrible animations aren't even close to being enough! 

At least I get to play with Gali every day now instead of watching the reviews over and over.

Just gotta wait, brosky. It's gonna be like this for at least a couple more years.

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Ooh... How does Gali play? She was one of my first and only Toa-Mata and miss the days of having her explore the furniture in my living room or under my bed as if they were underwater structures and caves.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png