Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Well.... Halken, The Wyrm, Hound and Langmuir all just got killed in an explosion of overkill.  

Olari and Tarsus may have survived and could still be in the area. 

Tarsus is now confirmed as KIA.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Cool. Meanwhile I have a lot of waiting to do. Kuro & Prose along with Daltrahk are still waiting for a tunnel, Maglev...I should actually move him or something, and Chroma and Dreidel still need approval before I could put them in.

OOC: How does your character survive suffocation for this long lol?

We're all wondering much the same thing. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So, due to discussions in the Skype chat, I made a blog entry detailing Halken's universe, and some details about the islands in it.

Just, you know.

For people's reference.

Name: Tuoni, Herald of Death

Species: Baterra

Faction: Vapautti Sielu

Power/Weapon 1/2: Enhanced Baterra Physiology. Tuoni can shapeshift, being essentially liquid metal. Unlike standard Baterra, Tuoni can flawlessly mimic living beings in appearance and voice. They can even absorb the memories of those they kill to mimic them even more perfectly. They also have extremely enhanced resistance to all elemental attacks and psionic powers, rendering the mightiest elemental or psionic assault more akin to a mosquito than a firestorm

Power/Weapon 3: A bolt-action anti-materiel rifle with a laser sight, chambered with rounds coated in a trio of toxins, one hallucinogenic, one a muscle relaxant, and the last an anticoagulant. In essence, if you somehow survive getting shot with an anti-tank rifle retrieved from a pocket dimension, you will be hallucinating, bleeding out, and suffocating all at once. http://i.imgur.com/EOoKkvN.png

Appearance: Whatever they like! But their “Default” appearance is of a lithe male Glatorian, clad in white armor and wearing silver Ignikas as pauldrons. “His” helmet completely conceals “his” face, with a silver wire mesh obscuring “his” eyes and mouth. “His” eyes are a piercing blue behind the mesh, but oddly seem to lack sclera or pupils, the only holdover from Tuoni’s terrifying true form.

Bio: Tuoni refuses to speak of their past before joining Vapautti Sielu. When they joined, they rapidly took to the teachings of Kuolema, making them the leader of Vapautti Sielu. As such, the invasion of the facility was their plan, and had been in the works for longer than most anyone would imagine. And now that they have arrived, the liberation shall begin.

Personality/Other: Tuoni is devious, more than willing to play multiple angles of a conflict to ensure their own success. Their ability to mimic organic creatures in flawless detail enables them to do so masterfully, and tends to result in far greater death than would have occurred without their meddling. The only other concrete detail that can be traced back to the “true” Tuoni, if they even exist, is a fanatical devotion to someone known as “Kuolema,” and Tuoni’s title: The Herald of Death. However, if one were to (somehow) take note of their conversations, one would note they seem to mock everyone they speak to by assuming an imitation of how they speak.

Edited by Decapixaetion
  • Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Um.... Ghidora? Once a character dies their remains get instantly teleported out of the arena. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

All it takes is a second of memory, Roman. Remember how someone else(can't remember who at the moment) got their body eaten apart by worms, yet the body stayed around for a while until the worms were dead?

No, that only took a few seconds. Everybody in that character's group saw the worms kill her from the inside, than after she died the body vanished and the worms stayed behind.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Technically, it can take up to two minutes time IRL to kill someone via suffocation/strangulation. Even though he'd be burning through his remaining oxygen with each action, lessening the amount of time he had to save himself as he did so, he'd still have a fair amount of time to attempt to save himself since most moves in battle only take a second or two to complete, with an additional second or two added due to their underwater environment. Long story short, his demise would've occured much sooner if Fishers had attempted to burst him like a balloon by forcing water down his nostrils and mouth instead.

As for the Spider Queen idea, I was thinking that the host's sense of self also eroded over time and that the character in question would be KO'd if another contestant somehow was able to remove the "Mask" from its face, since it would have similar effects to a straight-up decapitation (think of it somewhere along the lines of the G-Virus from the Resident Evil franchise in function, as it's basically an invading, secondary brain that permanently bypasses the host's original mind and reconfigures its nervous system to respond to it instead). So effectively, it's still one character that just so happens to be parading around while attached to another character's vegetative body that it had assumed control over.

Since the mask, while sentient, has no means of locomotion/self-defense, and the host's mind is no longer there, it would still have one will and one body just like all of the other contestants do.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Technically, it can take up to two minutes time IRL to kill someone via suffocation/strangulation. 

I actually read further back in their fight, and noted that Halmos took a warhammer to the chest, and described his subsequent collision with the wall behind him as like "being hit in the back with a mace".

Those injuries alone should have made it difficult for him to breathe, even before she started suffocating him. 

Technically, it can take up to two minutes time IRL to kill someone via suffocation/strangulation.

Some of that time is taken up by being knocked out and they suffer from reduced activity for a large amount of the rest of it. You don't just suddenly die from oxygen loss.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Name: Kourahi

Species: Floating golden mask thing....

Power/Weapon 1: Flight: Kourahi can fly with or without his body activated

Power/Weapon 2: Generation of a body. Kourahi can generate a body for himself with similar appearance and physique as an Av-Toa. He feels any inflicted pain, and if he reabsorbs it it will stay damaged, healing at a natural pace. Generation takes a few seconds and is accompanied by golden light.

Power/Weapon 3: Elemental Light. He is particularly adept with hardlight.

Appearance: A golden floating Avohkii. When he has his body activated he looks like a generic Av-Toa

Bio: Kourahi is an enigmatic figure. He comes from an alternate Mata nui where the Toa never came, acting as an unknown benefactor known only as the GOlden. It was in the middle of a Muaka fight that he was taken to Biofight.

Personality/Other: He identifies as male, and has a bit of a dramatic flair. Tends to speak strangely, occasionally in rhyme

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I actually read further back in their fight, and noted that Halmos took a warhammer to the chest, and described his subsequent collision with the wall behind him as like "being hit in the back with a mace".

Those injuries alone should have made it difficult for him to breathe, even before she started suffocating him. 

Did not see that, but true.

Some of that time is taken up by being knocked out and they suffer from reduced activity for a large amount of the rest of it. You don't just suddenly die from oxygen loss.

Also true, though in comparison, the subject often spends more time concious than not.

Yeah, but this wasn't one move to try to save himself, this was like, three or four. And it isn't strangulation as such, more like someone drawing the air out of your lungs. That should be quicker. 

But really, it's kind of a moot argument since Halmos has been KO'd anyway. 

True again, though those three or four moves only take up about 12-16 seconds combined, not counting the moves of the attacking character, even if his lungs have been emptied, which isn't an entirely unrealistic amount of time between said action and the moment of his suicide move.

And yes, while it is a moot point at the moment, I just felt that it should be addressed since it happened fairly recently. Now that it has been, I'll agree to drop the subject, since it wasn't my intent to attempt to turn the discussion into a three page-long argument often found in other topics over this one particular incident.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Also, I thought MVPs were going to be picked from both teams?

2 - Team Battle:  This game type functions similarly to Free For All, except that the fighters are divided into even teams. An MVP shall be selected from the winning team.
Edited by Roman Torchwick

I Am Ultron Six - Olari (7) OLARI: 2 KO

I'd like to request that Olari be knocked out by Langmuir's explosion. I feel an earth-shattering kaboom that wipes six people off the board in one go would be a great end to the round. 

We were actually planning on giving Kale the victory since we assumed Olari would have been KO'd by that, but since you never made the KO post I went with two MVPs. I can edit it if you'd like.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

DID YOU THINK I WAS JOKING

Name: Six

Species: Fe-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: A suit of powered armor. This armor covers all of his body, and runs off of the excess energy most Toa use for elemental and mask powers. In exchange for being unable to use these abilities, the armor grants him high resistance to extreme temperatures, blasts, and shock, not to mention physical blows. Servos compensate for the weight of the cumbersome armor, allowing him to maintain roughly the same mobility as other combatants. The unit that converts his energy into power for the suit is surgically integrated into his back, preventing removal. The armor contains ports for application of various types of chems. The helmet features a HUD, and also acts as a gas mask. This armor also plays music, and is filled with several terabytes of vintage hits from pre-devastation Voya Nui.

Power/Weapon 2: A large sledgehammer, made of relatively lightweight but highly durable metal. This Super Sledge contains a kinetic energy storage unit in the head, which gradually recharges over a 5-minute period, building up energy to impart into a single blow. Gives it a nice, extra "Oomph."

Power/Weapon 3: Chems. Basically, drugs. Offer massive boosts to Six's abilities, at the cost of being highly addicting. And he is addicted. To all of them. He can only use on chem per round, and can't go higher than the maximum dosage. Going without using chems for very long will cause him to go into withdrawal.

Buffout: These tablet chems greatly increase Six's physical strength for about 5 minutes. 12 tablets, maximum dosage of 3.

Hydra: This injected, liquid chem allows Six to power through any amount of pain, as long as he keeps on a steady drip. The bottle has enough for about a half hour of use.

Rocket: This inhaled chem heavily increases Six's speed and reflexes. If maximum dosage is taken each time, the canister has 3 uses.

Mentats: These candy-like, flavored tablet chems greatly increase strategic capability and mental processing power for 15 minutes. 6 tablets to a box, as many as 2 can be taken at a time.

Appearance: Rather like this.

T-45d_Power_Armor.jpg

Bio: Six hails from the devastated realm of Voya Nui. Its already wasteland-like environment has been reduced to a completely inhospitable one by nuclear war. And yet, it remains a quite lucrative island; its natural reserves of precious metals and stones have been barely scratched by the warring companies that fight to wrest control of it from one another, and various other organizations of ill repute base themselves on its shores. These parties all ignore the island's natives, who live in poverty. It is of this oppressed people that Six has become, quite without intent, a defender. His earliest memory is waking up in the home of a local doctor, a gaping hole in his aching head. Apparently, he had survived a bullet to the head, which had destroyed the part of his brain responsible for his ability to form words, as well as causing him to lose his memories. Fortunately, he seemed to remember Matoran Sign Language. Not so fortunately, almost no one on this island was familiar with it.

After thanking the doctor, who asked for no payment (likely because, as Six suspects, he helped himself to all the possessions he had found on his person, besides his armor and weapon), he set out across the wastes, searching for someone who could tell him his past. The first thing he encountered was what seemed to be a gang of marauding warriors. Surprisingly, they did not attack him, instead offering to let him make camp with them, and allowing him to use their resources. They watered him, fed him, and if he hadn't lived in his armor, he was sure they would have clothed him, too. When their leader, named Feiv, asked him his name, Six tried signing that he did not know it, but the man interpreted that particular sign as a number-- a reasonable mistake, considering his own name, Feiv. This led to Six's current name. By time they realized he could communicate only through sign, and the one among them whom was best with the language translated for him, the name had quite stuck. Six inquired as to what this band of warriors was, and why they helped him, and Feiv answered that they fought against the organizations that exploited Voya Nui, struggling to free the people from their oppression. Six traveled with them for some time, until he reached the nearest settlement. At that point, they separated, and Six wandered alone for many years, becoming more sickened by the current state of Voya Nui, even as he learned of his own past.

He had been a courier, working for one of the very organizations he now despised. He had run messages, and some packages, across the wastes, and on one of these trips, had been intercepted by mercenaries from another company. They shot him in the head, left him to die, and took the important package he'd been carrying. Six even managed to find out his own name, but decided against using it. He considered Six to be his name, by this point. After that, he tracked down Feiv, and joined his group in their fight.

Personality/Other: Male. Mute, communicates through sign language. Really haven't decided what his personality will be, quite yet. =P

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

So we have 6, 9, and 10. Any other numbers out there?

Feiv, from Six's bio.

I've badly wanted to make a Zero expy for a while now. It would be kind of ironic, since these characters were all kidnapped for this tournament...

vlr1.jpg

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

Name: Zero?

Species: Toa?

Power/Weapon 1: Revolver. 6 shots.

Power/Weapon 2: Fire axe.

Power/Weapon 3: Knife.

Appearance: Wears hooded cloak, with a gas mask underneath.

Bio: Kidnaps people, forces them to time-travel.

Personality/Other: Male???

Done.

*Snaps fingers*

I Am Ultron Six - Olari (7) OLARI: 2 KO

I'd like to request that Olari be knocked out by Langmuir's explosion. I feel an earth-shattering kaboom that wipes six people off the board in one go would be a great end to the round. 

We were actually planning on giving Kale the victory since we assumed Olari would have been KO'd by that, but since you never made the KO post I went with two MVPs. I can edit it if you'd like.

I would assume that with the blast radius of the explosion she'd have been caught up in it. I would have posted her being caught up in it if I'd been here in time, and had her act as though she had been when leaving the arena, so I'd like it if an edit could be made. Only fair to Langmuir, and I do still like the idea of a multi-knockout being the last big action of the match

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Skull Carrier

The Skull Carrier entered a deep trance, in which he visualized the thoughts and dreams of all those around the facility As his mind wandered through the abyss of thoughts memories that filled the arena, he came across something bizarre. Could this be his (The Host's) inner sanctum of the mind? Or is it someone else's? He inquired. He decided to check, his mind swimming forth and into this being's mind.

(OOC: It is likely The Puppetmaster's mind, but if The Host chooses to, he can have a meeting with our meditating friend here.

I'm just going to outright ignore this post, since there's nothing in Skull Carrier's profile saying he has psionic abilities, and I'm pretty sure even if he did have psionic powers, he couldn't just magically be able to see the minds of everyone in the entire facility....

.....while asleep.

And I'm pretty sure we've established that even psionic users can't just drift into someone's mind like Carrier has apparently done here. They have to force their way in or be let in past the mind's own natural defences. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

You can blame DANE for this.

Name : Ezberdinak Ertz

Species : Makuta

Power/Weapon 1 : Kanohi Aldatu, Great Mask of Bodyswapping. Allows the users to switch the consciousness of two beings for a short time, both targets must be in his line of sight. Cannot be used on the wearer or to transfer people of greatly differing health

Power/Weapon 2 : Element of Many-Angles. Allows for the construction of energy and matter that exists in a range of one to six dimensions, rather than the normal three dimensions. Time is not treated as a dimension and cannot be manipulated through this

Power/Weapon 3 : Short Range Telepathy/Telekinesis. Allows for communication or object manipulation via the mental plane. The range is roughly equivalent to the range of a voice and pair of arms, respectively

Appearance : A vaguely spherical mass of gears rotating through six dimensional space, causing some quite confusing visual effects. A rough equation would be would be this picture of a rotating 6-cube

Bio : Hailing from the same alternate world as Hryfon, Oinez and Ezezko. He is one of the fifteen Makuta created by the great spirit to watch over and guide the world. Unlike some of the others, Ezberdinak has remained vigilant in this duty. Acting as a scholar and headmaster of an academy on the southern continent

Personality : Other than possessing an odd sense of self and morality, Ezberdinak could be described as a kind person. They have a love of learning, experience and growth and foster it in any way they can. One of his favorite thought experiments is the consensual use of his mask on two willing students

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 2

...but close to it

*Proceeds to slam head into wall, muttering something about Skull Carrier not forcing his way into anything and feeling stupid.*

*Sigh* I was going for meditative trance-like state in which he can see a blurry version of peoples' souls, okay? That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with psionic powers, right? And I'm sorry for not explicitly mentioning spiritual meditation in his bio, I didn't think it needed to be assigned to a specific element. I'm just really used to more role-play with my role-play. Aaand maybe not even having to have a bio for the character I'm playing as...

Of course, leaving one's body in spiritual form does normally require the Iden, but this character isn't the universe of Mata-Nui.

*sigh* I'm really just shooting myself in the foot every time I try to have fun here, aren't I?

• Upvote 1

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic