BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Tahnok Nuva

He walks up to the Host, ignoring the body of a matoran curled up on the floor by the stranger in the cloak. The figure might have just finished dealing punishment to an insubordinate. Tahnok barks out a question.

"Are you the one in charge around here?"

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Werl

Werl walked to the commerence district. He pasted upa sign on a wall.

WANTED: 

Infitity Gem

REASON:

Experimenting with offensive properties

REWARD: 

If this works, I will give you whatever I manage to build out of it

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

IC Albrecht von Armbrüster

Without the Queen, could I have heard this shout?
I cannot say: as distance grows, so all
our mental powers fade. A thrice-strung cord
is slow to break, however, so our minds
are greater when we pool our mental strength.
And thus, our comrade's shout, though far away,
returns to us so we may comprehend.
The Queen's desire is clear: we'll wait until
we all arrive to view this fork, and plan
our steps together, democratically.

IC: Lytrel

"... Fine... J-just, don't expect me to protect you or anything useful, o-okay...?"

Lytrel fumbled with his mask, his shoulders sagging as he put it back on.

To those who are currently listening, may they be the Powers that Be or any psionic elementals in the vicinity: I am very sorry. Even when brought to this place, it seems I have yet to conquer my cowardice, my indecisiveness, and my lack of assertiveness. I am sorry that I am a failure of a... A Toa.

... Toa means hero, right? That's what Jorth told me...

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

Kopen snapped right back to her usual smug demeanor as she heard his acceptance. "I don't need your protection," she scoffed as she started down the tunnel at a quick pace. "Come on then! No use waiting around for them to catch up!"

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

Daedalus shook his head, turning away from the Host.

"What do I think? It sucks. Even worse than last time." He paused. "Sucks the way he or she or whatever went, but that's just not the way to do things. As it is, we don't stand a chance against the Host, the Queen, or the Enforcer. Truth is, the simplest thing to do would be to wait this out. As long as we don't do anything stupid, we'll get back to our respective homes." He sighed and shook his head again. "But then, doing nothing against stuff like that..."

OOC: Daedalus talking to Ismekne and Zel'Sai.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Kat: I was about to greet Omega when the Host guy outright murdered someone.

Granted, he had attacked him, but....karz, he was one Matoran. I stood, indignant, addressing the tall cloaked being we knew as the Host.

"WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT?!" I roared.

He walks up to the Host, ignoring the body of a matoran curled up on the floor by the stranger in the cloak. The figure might have just finished dealing punishment to an insubordinate. Tahnok barks out a question.

"Are you the one in charge around here?"

GM IC - THE HOST - CAFETERIA

Oh dear. Angry Rahkshi again. The Host turned to Kat, and attempted to settle her down with a small amount of Phazur's despair power. "I am the Host. I am in control of this tournament. And you do not - " he pointed towards the Matoran's body - "under any circumstances - attack me."

He stepped back, collecting himself. The immaculate composure of the Host's grandiose persona slipped into place. "One less contestant," he proclaimed, "for you to face in your path to victory!" With a smile, he turned around just in time to be met by the sight of Tahnok Nuva coming to meet him.

"I am indeed the one in charge," he laughed, sidestepping the hulking Bohrok. "They call me the Host for a reason!"

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

GM IC: THE QUEEN'S QUEST

The Queen, along with Nocton, Xaeraz, Von Worten, Ezezko, and Albrecht, reached the tunnel split off; the Queen heard the last remnants of Lytrel's thoughts before he and Kopen moved out of range. Or rather, out of the range that she was willing to extend her mind at the current time. 

Disappointing.

The word echoed in the minds of the fighters around her, reverberating in their skulls. It was cold, dark, and sinister - the Queen was not happy at all.

Nocton, Von Worten... follow them. Slowly. I shall maintain a mental link with Von Worten, should either of you need to contact me. Should they run into trouble... i give you permission to help or save Lytrel. But leave Kopen - if she survives, it must be of her own accord. I grow weary of her... poor attitude.

GM IC: ELITTRA - CAVE TUNNEL

Elittra stepped around A.D.; as she drew nearer to the pedestal, a small gem became visible.

"Nope, there's a gem here," she replied. "Still... there aren't any defenses. That's... odd."

GM IC: NPC "THE SHOPKEEPER" - COMMERCIAL SECTOR

The Po-Matoran turned to the Rahkshi, recognizing her as Xara; word of her impressive (if unfortunately short) run in the first round had spread through the audience and facility staff like a wildfire. Chortling with amusement at her question, he winked in a conspiratorially and nodded.

"Always a few fighters stupid enough ta think they can take on the 'ost an' win," he answered. "More entertaining when they try the Queen or Enforcer, though - the two of 'em don' really bother leavin' any pieces behin' for us ta find."

He laughed again, clutching at his expansive belly as the Host began dealing with Kat and Tahnok Nuva. He leaned in towards Xara, then, and his next words were a whisper:

"Ya want to know the real reason you're all 'ere?"

IC: Xara - Commercial Sector.

Now he had my attention. "I thought we were here for their amusement," I jabbed a thumb towards the Host, then looked back to the shopkeeper. "Or is there more to it than that?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: "THE SHOPKEEPER" - COMMERCIAL DISTRICT

"Well, I'm sure the 'ost is amused by y'all, but it ain't the reason you're 'ere," the Shopkeeper said, laughing once more. "Nah... I been workin' for Bionifight for so long I don' even remember a time when I wasn' a part of it. An' the 'ost an' the Queen... they run the tournaments as a cover. What they're really 'ere for... what they really go to every place for - karz, what they bring you here for, 'cause Karzahni knows they'd 'ave an easier time without grumpy fighters - is to find stuff."

The Shopkeeper shuffled towards the nearby empty table and plopped down onto the bench, turning back to Xara once he had.

"I mean... the 'ost probably does mostly 'ave you 'ere for his amusement now," he continued, shrugging. "Y'know, he and the Queen, they're the last two members o' their species, whatever it is. The rest died a long time ago. Bionifight is used as a cover while they search for artifacts that might 'elp them bring their race back. But... they been doing this karz'in tournament for 'undreds o' thousands o' years, keepin' to themselves, y'know. I think both of 'em 'ave gone a little mad in their own way. The 'ost loves the tournaments, thinks they're great an' all, jus' does it for the amusement, mostly. The Queen's gotten more... bitter, consumed by it, almost. She don' like the tournament much. Thinks it's a waste o' time an' energy, y'know?"

He chuckled again.

"The 'ost is definitely nicer, I'll give you that. An' I know the Queen is 'ard to deal with. She does kinda hate most fighters an' all. But at the end o' the day, it was the 'ost that brought you 'ere; an' I think the Queen is smart enough to know that tryin' to disobey 'im would be a poor choice indeed."

Here, the Shopkeeper fell silent, gesturing towards the corpse of Phazur.

• Upvote 1

IC: "Are we stopping, Ma'am?" Xaeraz asked, glancing at her with a slightly worried expression. "If, if you don't mind my saying, there's not exactly much i-in the way of natural defenses here, should something come, ah, at us from the other fork. And wh-while I don't doubt your power, I would rather not be, ah, be placed in a situation where we're caught without any means of defense." He rolled his shoulders, causing his wing boxes to wing up and down on his back, nearly scraping a low portion of the ceiling.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Xara - Commercial Sector.

I sat down across from the shopkeeper. "Backtrack a little. You're saying that they stage these entire tournaments just to make the combatants look for.... stuff?" It seemed ridiculous. Why go through all of the effort to kidnap beings from all kinds of dimensions for a glorified scavenger hunt? "What kinds of stuff are they looking for?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel (with Lytrel)

Kopen ran down the tunnel, enjoying the feel of the wind through her mask and the accuracy of her vision. She couldn't hear anything up ahead beyond the continuing tunnel walls.

Behind her, rather than fading away as she was hoping, the footsteps were drawing closer. At least some of the other contestants were following them. "You told her, didn't you?" she hissed to her companion. "I thought we were doing this on our own!"

IC Kat:

A wave of.... almosta sort of fear rolled over me, but I pushed it aside for now, I had issue with this Host Guy.

I stalked over to him.

"Oh, is that right? Well, I think you're nothing but trash. You think you can just toy with our lives at your whimsy, and get away with it without any of us taking issue with that?! Are you really that dense?! DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN HOLD OFF THE LOT OF US?! wHO'S STOPPING US FROM CUTTING THE LOT OF YOU DOWN WHERE YOU STAND, HUH?!"

IC: Kuro/Foodcourt

I stepped up, prepared to interfere when necessary.

"Because he could teleport us all away and kill us all one by one," I shouted to her.

I thought so when something teleported us all away to the arena. What's to stop him from calling the order to do that to us?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Upon Kopen's accusation, Lytrel responded on reflex: "To maintain a stable group, whether it be as large as a nation-state, or as small as simply two people..."

Oh.

Oh, no.

Of all the things to forget, he forgot this?

The very maxim that had been drilled into him from birth, the idea that he had attempted to live up his entire life, this -

"... The group's constituents must respect the laws and institutions of that group. In that way is order maintained."

That was close.

"It's... Absolute freedom is the freedom to exploit one's fellow man. To prevent that, rules and regulations are put into place, where the people..."

Lytrel was rambling now. He was sweating hard (if Toa could sweat) as he recited everything that had been taught to him about authority and the respect for it in the First World, where he grew up in.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

IC: Lekona - Food Court

"So Infinite Gems it is? Alright then," Lekona said, jumping up from his seat with a grin. "I'll fill you guys in on what we know form our initial attempt to nab one once we're out of the Food Court and out of earshot of..." Lekona paused glancing at the Toa who had eavesdropped on them earlier for a brief moment, "...any unwanted guests."

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

GM IC: KOPEN/LYTREL - TUNNEL

A moment before, Kopen had been unable to hear anything beyond the continuing tunnel walls.

And then suddenly, she was unable to hear anything at all. A split second later Lytrel, right behind her, suddenly found himself deaf as well.

If there was a situation where Kopen wished she didn't need her hearing, it was precisely this one. Stuck with some long-winded justice seeker who was too cowardly to just run off on his own without reporting to Queenie. She groaned only a few lines into whatever the Karz he was reciting.

"Oh, would you shut up already?" she snapped. "We don't need them! I've never needed anyone, and I don't..."

Her mouth was moving, but nothing was coming out. For a moment, she enjoyed the relief from his ramblings. But then, she tried to listen to the tunnel, it was as if they had just... walked into void. There was nothing, even though she could still feel the floor underneath her.

Her first reaction was panic. No, I didn't mean I wanted to be deaf! she cried in the only way that meant anything. She was breathing hard, but only the motion of her lungs gave any indication. She tried to reach out for the Toa, to depend on his vision, but her hand grasped nothing. She had no way of finding him. She couldn't "see" him, or call out to him, and she had no idea how far she had gone from him.

But through the panic, she tried to force herself to be calm and reasonable. It was not the only time something unexpected had come at her. It tended to happen a lot, being blind. Her thoughts slowly quieted with the outside. Though the chaos still remained, it was pushed to the back of her mind. She needed to think this through.

Sound suddenly cut out just a few steps back. There was no rumble or any indication of something that would cause... deafness. There was some kind of... field. A silence field. All I have to do is...

Her feet stepped back, and she tripped into a wall noiselessly. She was hopelessly disoriented in her panic. But she couldn't let that stop her. She pushed herself up on her staff and put a hand to the wall, tracing it back hopefully in the direction of sound. If she took more than a few steps and nothing happened, she would go the other way. That simple. No need to panic. Panic just leads to even more of a mess.

Could it be...

Just a moment ago, he had been able to hear. But now, he had...

Was there somebody down here? Or was there...

Was this one of the defenses of an Infinite Gem?

If so, then we should be close... It could be proximity activated...

Lytrel backed up a few steps. He saw Kopen doing the same; while he briefly thought helping her, he considered the fact that A: she might attack him in confusion, and B: she wouldn't want him to anyways.

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

Daedalus shook his head, turning away from the Host.

"What do I think? It sucks. Even worse than last time." He paused. "Sucks the way he or she or whatever went, but that's just not the way to do things. As it is, we don't stand a chance against the Host, the Queen, or the Enforcer. Truth is, the simplest thing to do would be to wait this out. As long as we don't do anything stupid, we'll get back to our respective homes." He sighed and shook his head again. "But then, doing nothing against stuff like that..."

OOC: Daedalus talking to Ismekne and Zel'Sai.

IC(Ismekne): Hmm. So this one is a strong pole, a rules-following guy, with deep-seated morals. He's also rather patient. The latter may be something I can use. She allowed herself to nod in commiseration. But it could be an opportunity, and that's something I would consider, but that method of persuasion will be met with resistance with this being. 

GM IC: ELITTRA - CAVE TUNNEL

Elittra stepped around A.D.; as she drew nearer to the pedestal, a small gem became visible.

"Nope, there's a gem here," she replied. "Still... there aren't any defenses. That's... odd."

IC(A.D.): "None that we can see." A.D. said. He suddenly pictured the ceiling collapsing on their heads, Elittra stepping on a hidden trapdoor and falling to her death..."Or the defenses could be triggered by taking the gem."

He allowed a very small tongue of fire to come out of his mouth, about as bright as he could manage, allowing the chamber to glow with flickering light. There didn't seem to be any defenses...but pirates always guarded their treasure. He continued scanning the ceiling, floor, and walls, looking for anything unusual. 

GM IC: KOPEN/LYTREL - TUNNEL

Unfortunately for Kopen, in her panic and confusion, she had started going the wrong way - but she would not have to worry about that for long... nor would she have to worry about seeing exactly what it was that wrapped around her right leg. It felt wet and squishy, slowly sliding further up....

Lytrel could barely see in the tunnel's darkness, but that was more than enough for him to make out the mud green tentacle that had extended out of the darkness ahead and wrapped around Kopen's leg in total silence. 

What else was waiting for them?

OOC: Keep in mind that this isn't designed to kill the whole quest, so... there are ways out of this. :P

GM IC: ELITTRA - CAVE WITH INFINITE GEM

"There's only one way to find out," Elittra said grimly, reaching forward.

Her hand closed around the gem, and - 

"Wait," she muttered, opening her empty fist, confused. "Where did it go?"

The click-clack of the gem landing on the floor at her feet answered that question.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

She was sure she was going the wrong way. There was no way she wandered this far into the silence field. But before she could turn back, she felt... something. It was cold and wet and... unnatural. Now it was time to panic. It was already wrapped too tightly to move, and she had no way of fighting it without her hearing. She stumbled forward, trying to jab at it with her staff, pulling her leg to escape. She screamed, but there was no sound.

IC: Von Worten (Tunnel)

I received the Queen's order with a stomach flutter. In the arena, my subpar attempts at combat did not bother me, as I knew death (however sweet) would not be permanent. Here, outside the arena, I did not have that surety, and though it would not be entirely unwelcome, I think a fear of death is bred into every living creature. Still, I had no intentions of disobeying the Queen's order because of fear.

As you command.

I moved forward a few steps and then stopped, looking back. Nocton, a large robotic being, morphed into an Adorable White Creature (though I was careful not to project this image).

With my book still held close to my chest, I said, "As my power is primarily on the mental plane, I would rather not proceed first. If you would kindly, Nocton, take the lead, I will follow."

OOC: Von Worten speaking to Nocton.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC - Vagust:

Vagust simply stepped aside as Phazur decided to try and attack the Host, knowing that in attempting to defend either he would likely suffer adversely for it, and likely so would still the Matoran making the stupid mistake. He managed to retain his composure in the wake of Phazur's death, unlike the others around him. He simply looked at the Matoran for a moment, seemingly stepping closer to Phazur, but in actuality putting himself in between the Host and Kat.

"How rude," the ever-composed Toa of Lightning said quietly. "Interrupting a conversation like that. Should've known better." It had been quite a long time since the sight of a dead Matoran had managed to phase Vagust much, him having seen enough of them back in his home. The normal sickness and anger were still there, but buried so far beneath the surface that they might as well not exist. "Execution seems a little overboard, especially considering the number of other punishments available, but you are, after all, our Host. I have no doubt you know what's best." He looked at Phazur again, more clearly letting his sarcasm colour his voice.

"Ah, yes. Rude indeed. Very poor etiquette, that."

IC - Aclaraung:

"It appears that whatever we have here has quite the low coefficient of friction."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Werl

Werl walked to the commerence district. He pasted upa sign on a wall.

WANTED: 

Infitity Gem

REASON:

Experimenting with offensive properties

REWARD: 

If this works, I will give you whatever I manage to build out of it

-==IC: The Enforcer==-

The Enforcer led their inquisitive companion to the Commercial Sector. They raised their eyebrow as the situation appeared to be settled already, but then noticed someone putting up an odd poster. The Enforcer casually walked up to it, and read it, and then smiled in amusement, and tore it down, before they turned to the scene with a frown.

IC Kat:

A wave of.... almosta sort of fear rolled over me, but I pushed it aside for now, I had issue with this Host Guy.

I stalked over to him.

"Oh, is that right? Well, I think you're nothing but trash. You think you can just toy with our lives at your whimsy, and get away with it without any of us taking issue with that?! Are you really that ###### dense?! DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN HOLD OFF THE LOT OF US?! wHO'S STOPPING US FROM CUTTING THE LOT OF YOU DOWN WHERE YOU STAND, HUH?!"

"Me." The Enforcer said, as they walked toward the loud Rahkshi, easily towering over everyone imposingly. It was obvious that the ceiling was raised mostly due to them, and even then, the Enforcer needed to bend ever so slightly.

• Upvote 1

Peeved by this so-called "Host's" mannerisms, Tahnok made an attempt to anchor his large hand onto The Host's breastplate and shove him into the wall. "Then tell me where I am." Tahnok Nuva growled, bringing himself face to face with The Host. "And why I am here."

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Oh come on...

Lytrel rushed forward and grabbed Kopen with one arm around her waist. He then gave a Pakari enhanced spear stab to the tentacle with his other arm (which was holding the spear) before wrapping the spear arm around Kopen and Pakari-jumping away while creating a zero-g field (much like he did to evade the Tarakava).

IC - Vagust:

Or, rather, Tahnok would have done so, had Vagust not put himself in the way, rebuffing the shove relatively well. "You see what just happened?" Vagust asked the large, insect-like robotic creature. "Do you want that to happen to you? I'd assume the answer is no. Don't try to pick a fight with the people currently in charge of you, okay? It'll work out for the best for all of us."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

A massive gauntlet interposed itself between Kat and Enforcer.

Its owner's helm almost audibly grated as it looked left to Kat, and right to Enforcer. The armored being was dwarfed only by the Enforcer, the massive warrior making Noroi seem almost small in comparison. The armored woman, nevertheless, managed an imposing presence, one rather clearly unmoved by the host's attempt to do the same. It was, so to speak, like the presence of the unstoppable force encountering a somewhat smaller immovable object. Casual analysis indicated that, more than likely, the Enforcer could take her in a fight.

What was no so easy to conquer, however, was her will.

"Further bloodshed is unnecessary." She intoned, the result deep and quiet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna sighed slightly, as she walked into the room finally, and unfastened the clasps on her armour, as the Glatorian looked around the room, stretching in her body-suit, as she shoved the armour pieces to the side.

"Sheesh, it's been a long... I don't even know how long it's been." Anna muttered, and sighed. She laid back on the bed, and sighed again, as she closed her eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

"I am..." The titanic being paused, as they considered the response. "... The Enforcer." The titan said after careful deliberation, and glanced over to the rather large Tahnok charging toward the Host, and rapidly dropped into a combat pose, eyes glinting, as they were about to react... And then Vagust stepped in to deal with it. The Enforcer gave Vagust a nod, and then looked back toward Kat.

"I would really not recommend this, for your own sake." The Enforcer said, but did not move just yet.

IC: Kuro/Foodcourt

No one heard my shout. I was ignored. Was it because I wasn't a true fighter? I sat back down and continued my conversation with Daltrahk, but I kept watching, ready to activate power in a field if necessary.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Skorm- Cafeteria

Skorm's shadow instincts took over. You know what? Watching this was way more fun than just wandering around. He found the nearest table and sat down, and began eating, observing the other contestants' show. He started wondering how long that matoran corpse would just be... left around.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC(Ismekne): She briefly turned away from Zel'Sai as the Enforcer showed up and yanked something off the wall. Darn, I didn't get to see that. That might have been important. Of coarse, that wasn't quite as interesting as the giant Bohrok with a hammer - must forge alliance with him sometime - gave the Host a shove. 

Looks like Daedulus and Vagust are both members of the goody-two-shoes party. Ismekne thought. Usually it's best to keep them on your side until you have to ditch them. Or you have a foolproof plan. Or both. 

IC(A.D.): "Or it could have magnetic powers." A.D. said. He reached down and closed his claw around the gem - gently, in case Aclarung was right.