BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Xara - Commercial Sector.

"I go by Xara," I replied, surprised by how easily I'd gotten into the habit of speaking the Matoran language. "And you are?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I feel I should mention, Click: Assuming the Muaka-esque being you're referring to is Shixahl, he's concealing every animal-like part but his fangs with a hood.

IC - Shixahl (Food Court):

Shixahl frowned. He hadn't really thought he'd taken that large a portion... He had honestly been considering going for seconds, once he was done. "It is a tradition, where I come from," he said. "A handler told me about it once... Whenever you slay an equal, you eat enough food for two at your next meal, in their honor. Of course, from what I have seen of others that should be dead, the person I killed has likely been revived, and can eat for herself... But I am very hungry, so I am doing it anyway."

He paused for a moment, a bite of food halfway to his lips. The last thing Cast had said had made him curious... "Who was preparing your meals before?" He asked, though he immediately regretted the question afterwards. Why had he asked that? He didn't want to know about these other people's lives. In fact, he wasn't sure why he was telling this other person about his. He just wanted to kill the tournament staff and get home to his desert. Nonetheless, something told him he should not retract the question after it had already left his mouth, so he held his tongue and resumed eating while he waited for an answer.

OOC: It was actually Cast.

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector

"Oh, I..." He started, before cutting himself off. He almost said I don't know. His name was still new to him, though he was starting to get used to it. It was just... how it had asked...

The Hunter emerged from the undergrowth as he approached. He raised his empty hands, hoping the being would spare him.

"P-p-please, I mean you no harm!"

The Hunter only looked up and down, taking in every detail of the familiar body. "You... you're like me. I... I apologize, I haven't seen another of my species since..."

The one with no name dropped his hands. "...since... the disaster?"

The Hunter shook his head sadly. "No, after that. I... I lost someone... I'm still searching for her. Have... you seen another?"

"No," he admitted. "I... I wasn't sure if any others had survived..."

The Hunter stepped forward into the light, and the stars gleamed off of his golden helm. It was true, they were indeed similar in build. "Worry no longer, friend," he said. "I am called Mimic. And you are...?"

"Mirror," he answered automatically, shaking himself from the reverie. "I am called Mirror."

• Upvote 2

"Interesting.... that doesn't sound like a name one would be born with.... did you choose it yourself?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kuro/Foodcourt

I did a small clap with my hands to show that I was amazed.

"So that's why then. I commend you for your accurate expertise in that gear of yours. But I'd advise against whipping that out in the middle of a place for eating."

Perhaps he would be a useful ally after all.

IC Velix:

Velix walked into the Knowledge sector and went to one of the computers. It would be helpful to view the previous battles, see what he'd be up against.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"I... It was chosen by my... mentor," he said simply. "But... what about you? I was... unaware Rahkshi had names, but I suppose there is a lot about the universe I do not... remember."

"I'm.... special," I said hesitantly, "there was a whole group of us, smarter than other Rahkshi. We picked genders, developed personalities, chose names..." I leaned agaisnt the wall, thinking back to that time, back when I'd been a lowly level 1, on par with everyone else. 

"A lot of us named ourselves after the first object we saw, or chose words with some kind of meaning, but I didn't want to do that. I wanted to find my own meaning. So I went through the alphabet, combined random letters, twisted sounds into words until I settled on something I liked, something that felt like me." I smiled at the memories.

"And I've spent every day since making my name mean something."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"Oh," he responded pathetically. His own name seemed so... meaningless now. Xara had a purpose behind her name, his was nothing but a... reflection of one part of his character. As if all the rest of it had been stripped away with his memories. Maybe his old name had meant something to him. Just as all the other times he tried desperately to recall it, he just could not.

"I... I wish I had a name like that," he offered. As sincere as it was, it felt hollow. The Rahkshi had told him something important to her, but he had nothing to offer in return.

• Upvote 2

"Just make something up," I suggested, "it isn't that hard. Just find something that feels right to you."

Mirror looked down to his sword with regret. "Thank you, but... it's one of the few things I have left. I... think I had a name like that... once, but..." he trailed off into his thoughts.

"Ah, okay...." I wasn't sure what else to say; small talk had never been a talent of mine, "...pleased to meet you, then, Mirror. Hopefully we'll cross blades in the arena sometime." 

IC: Donrioda

The Toa of Electricity snored lightly on her bed, exhausted from the fight. The amount of Elemental Energy she used was quite a bit, juicing up those bolts so much. She would have to limit herself in the future. Or, at the very least, not pour a lethal amount of power into a bolt that missed the target. Donrioda rolled over in her sleep, her glow dimmed, and the room dark. Suddenly, a noise echoed through the room. A rumble, suddenly starting, and just as suddenly ceasing. She bolted up in her bed, and looked around, before hearing the rumbling again.

It was her stomach. Of course. With a sigh, she swung her legs off of the bed, ready to head out and grab some more food. Even though she ate just a short while ago. Fighting was hard work. Especially fighting the cold.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

"The entire purpose of this tournament is for skilled fighters to kill each other for the organiser's sick amusement," I said grimly, "they wouldn't have brought you here unless you were a capable fighter." 

IC: Skorm- Commercial Sector

Skorm grunted in thought. "Well... I just got here, really. There was a quick briefing, I looked over the highlights of the last match, and... Well, now I'm here." As he looked around, his hood fell back. Looking at all the strange creatures around them, he neglected to put it back up.

The times, they are a-changing...

"But I'm not!" he cried out with all the desperation he had felt since arriving. "At least," he continued, quietly, "not yet. I... I just need time to learn, then... I'm sure I'll figure it out. At least... I hope so."

He didn't want to explain further. There was no use letting anyone, especially competition, know about a skill he may or may not have. They would only get... expectations.

"I.... um.... okay...." I started to back away a little. "See you around, then, Mirror." 

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector to Knowledge Sector

Karz, she probably thinks I'm crazy. She wouldn't understand. It would be best to just leave.

"Yeah, see you around... Xara. I... uh... hope you do well."

He turned back to the stalls, but the foods no longer looked appealing. He had lost his appetite dredging up old... well, recent memories. They were all he had left.

He walked out of the Commercial Sector, not entirely sure where he was going. He saw the couches of the Comfort Sector, but he didn't need rest. He peeked in on the Knowledge Sector and caught sight of something he hadn't noticed before. There were small tablets set along a desk. He could watch the last fight, and maybe gain some experience. He took a seat and started watching.

IC: Dartakh (Knowledge Sector)

"Hey! Where are you going? And what did you mean it's your business?" I'm starting to think that this guy is actually a staff member. Piraka, I need to go after him. I begin to follow, keeping some distance between us. Why is he going to the food court? Did he get really hungry all of a sudden?

IC: Phazur (Commercial Sector)

They began to approach the Host while he was engaged in conversation. Their hands were shaking, because they were a priest, not a murderer. Phazur tried to calm down and started to channel their elemental energies. Once they were close enough, they unleashed a blast of elemental despair, shouted "I refuse to play your game!" and tried to stab him in the back with their obsidian dagger.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Miras

Infinite Gems. Interesting. As I continue reading, my claws flicking gently through the pages, I become even more intrigued by the prospect of gaining five lives per Gem, and also by the power they seem to bestow upon the wielder. Very well. I slam the volume shut, place it carefully back on the shelf, and I go looking for the Makuta I met in the arena.

OOC: That's you, Alijar, so if you want to bunny Miras finding Tanzah that's fine. :)

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Olari tensed up as the Matoran Zakaro had pointed out did something very foolish. She couldn't just sit by and do nothing, if she wouldn't protect Matoran then she wasn't a Toa, end of story. She prepared her power, readying to use a magnetic field to pull the Matoran clear of any potential danger if she needed to

IC: Jorth had managed to find his way to the Knowledge Sector. He was looking through the recordings of the fight, trying to get a handle on what everyone's power set was. Some were obvious, from the way they threw elements around, but some more a bit trickier. That one Toa who had attacked them that Kotak had buried under an avalanche or two, he still had no idea what that guy was supposed to do. Still, it was a good idea to get a working knowledge of who the heavy hitters were, so the plan for taking them on if needed could be better than "rush 'em head on". It was brains that was going to see him surviving this, not pure brawn

7AOYGDJ.jpg

They began to approach the Host while he was engaged in conversation. Their hands were shaking, because they were a priest, not a murderer. Phazur tried to calm down and started to channel their elemental energies. Once they were close enough, they unleashed a blast of elemental despair, shouted "I refuse to play your game!" and tried to stab him in the back with their obsidian dagger.

Heeere we gooo...

GM IC - THE HOST - CAFETERIA

As the Host was about to say more to Vagust, he suddenly felt a deep... uneasiness... and the feeling of someone's eyes boring a hole in your back...

He heard Phazur shout, and whirled around just in time to slide out of the way of the priest's dagger.

The Host's eyes narrowed. He glanced down at Phazur's hand, clutching the knife, the blade of which was now pinned between the Host's torso and elbow.

Beneath the hood, a twisted smile crept over his face.

"Are you going to make me regret bringing you here?"

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Ic: Tanzah (Comfort sector)

The Makuta had found his way into the comfort sector, seeing as how the medical area was close by. He had fallen into a rather comfortable seat when the Makuta from the arena walked by. He stood up and waved.

"Hey!" He shouted

Ic: Krantax (commercial sector)

The energy hound had gotten bored of the knowledge sector, with the fight not taking any drastic turns, and the fact he couldn't read. He walked into the commercial sector, however the seats were all for bipedal creatures, so he couldn't order anything to eat.

Ooc: Tanzah taking to Mira's, Krantax open for interaction.

IC: Cast-Food Court

"I must say that that is a very nice tradition. As for who fed me, well, towards the beginning of my life I would just hunt all of my food for myself. Then this group of fellows called the Brotherhood of Makuta caught me and gave me the form you see now. They trained me, telling me about this guy I had to fight. That all fell apart when I decided I would rather fight them. They locked me up and fed me the worst things."

Once again this person was one step ahead of him, the thought of seconds being possible never crossed Cast's mind.

"Oh, and what's your name if you don't mind me asking?"

Edited by Valendale

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

Even with her acute hearing, honed by years of echolocation, the others' footfalls were fading into the distance. She finally decided to slow down. No use rushing into... whatever it was down here.

It was so quiet, this far away from any the other contestants. It was almost... relaxing. She could feel the cave around her with greater accuracy than she had ever felt before. And so far, it had been smooth and featureless. Nothing to report, no reason to go back to the Queen.

She heard one set of footsteps break from the others and come nearer. They were running, probably to catch up and give her a good scolding. Except they sounded like an enraged Vako charging towards her. As they approached down the tunnel, she was able to recognize one of the fighters from the Queen's Office, though she didn't know their name.

"Keep it down," she hissed. "Do you want to wake up... the thing we're trying to find?"

IC: Mirror - Knowledge Sector

Mirror watched the small screen intently, following the perspective of Xara. She was the only one he knew was a decent fighter, though he was sure there were others. He would have to search for them later.

She was brutally efficient in battle. Her powers and blades combined smoothly, and even fighting multiple opponents she was able to hold them back, for a little while. He watched in shock and morbid curiousity as she blasted another Rahkshi with the full force of her Chain Lightning abilities. The other one continued fighting until its injuries overcame it, and it was teleported out of the arena. Rahkshi were a hardy race, and he would be fighting some that had been fighting for centuries.

He looked up from the screen to see a few other contestants had the same idea, though probably not for the same reasons. He was there to watch a skilled fighter and hopefully learn their attacks. He just hoped he hadn't been moving around, trying to mimic them in the Library.

OOC: Mirror open to interaction.

IC: Kuro/Foodcourt/Commercial Sector

"Excuse me. I'll be back."

I walked up to the Host who was being threatened by some guy. I activated my Peace powers and concentrated on him (Phazur).

"Allow me to help you, Host."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

GM IC: NPC "THE SHOPKEEPER" - COMMERCIAL SECTOR

Kuro suddenly felt a pair of hands at his shoulders; if he were to glance over his shoulder, he would see that it was a large Po-Matoran. Said Matoran dragged him back away from the Host and Phazur.

"Don't interfere, bud," the Matoran said. "The 'ost don't generally 'ppreciate it when 'is battles are fought for him. Leave 'em be. If that guy 'as any sense, 'e'll beg forgiveness, an' if he doesn't, then we'll get quite the show. The 'ost like to make things dramatic-like."

OOC: Of all the powers you use to interfere with a glorious death battle, you use peace versus something like aggravation

why ;__;

It's ok though. If you really want to interfere, this NPC can't stop you. He doesn't have any powers; he's just a strong and fat Po-Matoran.

• Upvote 3

IC Velix:

Velix opened the list of competitors on the Knowledge Sector computer station he was looking at. Selecting a contestant at random, he clicked on it. Hmm. Someone named Jorth. He hit the button for veiwpoint and began to watch.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OoC: I kindly ask people not to interfere with this little incident, thank you.

Phazur tried to pull their dagger away, but soon gave up and stepped backwards. They ignored his question and instead spat on the ground before him and growled "You Brakas! I was dragged away from my life into an arena, forced to kill others for sport! How dare you!" They then raised their staff and tried to stab him with the pointy end of the shaft.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Velix:

Well. This person seemed to have an even more unusual power then Velix's. Velix watched as the Toa turned seemingly innocuous powers into lethal weapons, using his powers as a bazillion different things. Toa Jorth would definitely be a threat. Velix kept watching, intrigued by the Toa's unusual powers and even more unusual ways of using them..