BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

GM IC: "Anguish," the Herald of Misery said, not looking away from the endless sea before her. Her hoarse voice sat heavy in the air, the quiet underlying grating of it belying its infrequent use. She turned to her cultist and bowed her head towards him in greeting. Slowly, she said, "I have heard tale that Maeus and Tuoni have returned to us. Is this true?"

IC: Xaeraz sat up in the medical bay, grunting in shock and surprise as a sudden increase in noise woke him. He clambered to his feet, noting Dreisen and a few others, along with...

"...Is that an Avohkah?"

IC: "I MAY DO AS I PLEASE, FOR I AM THE GRAND RULER OF THE WORLD BEYOND!" Dexund cried defiantly at Kopen, making big, sweeping gestures as he did. "And you, my matoran friend, may bear witness to my glory! Tell me your name, quickly!"

Edited by Decapixaetion

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Vagust:

"Why, yes, it is," Vagust said to Xaeraz, turning back to Dreisen. "But don't you think it possible that if we look back over any records - anything relating to previous tournaments, perhaps - we could find out something more about Maeus, something that could help us later on? Or if we look over more recent records and see what he's been doing?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Xara - Control Room.

And still he continued trying to shift blame like the weasel he was. "You're pathetic, and cowardly," I spat, "You dragged us all here, against our will. You murdered one of us yourself, or did you think we'd forgotten about that? But instead of accepting responsibility for any of this, you hide behind your words and act as if you're blameless."

I started to turn away. "We aren't in your tournament anymore, Host. You're not in charge here. You're stuck fighting for survival with the rest of us. And not everyone here will be as... merciful.... as I am." 

IC: Dayeth - City of Fear.

"Your Master Herald is the one who was called Doctor Maeus, right?" Dayeth wanted to make sure she had her facts straight, "And he chose to surround himself with emaciated little matoran.... because that's not creepy at all...." 

IC: Anguish - House of Flying Daggers.

"So it would seem," he said, straightening a little, "and they've brought.... friends...." 

IC: Dekako - Wailing Plains.

Our surroundings seem to have become the "shouting plains". We turn towards the speaker (Dexund), and approach him cautiously. "You're shouting loud enough to wake the dead," we warned, "And in this place, we mean that literally." 

Edited by Locus

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Von Worten

I watched the proceedings with the same detachment I had felt since the facility had fallen. I almost interfered when Xara punched the Host, but I thought it best not to. I did not think I would win a fight with her, and I did not think it was a fight worth fighting. My interest was piqued and my worry grew as the Host spoke of the Queen. The possibility that she had been left behind was, on the one hand, comforting, but on the other hand, the idea that she had been left alone with the mind gem was worrying. Of course, the possibility that she was lost in this forsaken place was frightening.

I stood in the doorway waiting until Xara was finished with her tantrum. I wanted to press the Host further about the Queen.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Kopen - Wailing Cliffs

Without the Warrior's Blind, this nutjob's thundering voice might actually be painful. "...Kopen," she replied hesitantly.

Before she could utter some clever remark or further explanation, another being joined the conversation. It was strange; hunched over, a massive head at one end, a long tail at the other with... Karz, were those four arms in between? She shifted nervously as her clickers ran over its form. Something about it seemed almost... familiar, though she could swear she had never seen it before.

IC: Virse - The Spine

Ah, this was more like it! An ambush, and the sloppy would-be assassins even had the consideration to warn her before they attacked! Virse backed away and activated her mask before the boulder could crush her. Even if she did not fully avoid the attack, it would crush nothing but sand.

IC: Lady Dajik - City of Fear

"Sincere?" She had the nerve to scoff at the Matoran's accusation. Perhaps the disturbing image was getting to even her.

Then she thought back through her first meeting with the mad doctor. He had called her insincere then too, when she had attempted to apologize for disrupting his Infirmary. He was right, of course. "Why doesn't he come to greet his guests, so I may shake his hand once more?" she called. Perhaps this time she could show him what tricks she had up her sleeves.

GM IC - THE SPINE

A boulder came tumbling down, directly towards the sand pile which used to be Virse. It landed, directly on top of the sand. Luckily for Virse, it began rolling down the path, towards where she had just turned from. And, directly where the boulder came from, The Puppetmaster may have caught sight of a rusty-red Toa running away from where the boulder fell.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: The Puppetmaster - The Spine.

Gotcha.... his body dissolved into a pile of ash that was swiftly swept up by telekinesis and sent shimmering through the air after the unknown Toa. Time to get to know the locals...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Virse - The Spine

First priority: find out who attacked her. That information could be useful in the future.

As she returned to her default form, Virse clambered up to where the boulder had been resting to search for any hint of who had been hiding there.

GM IC - THE SPINE

The Toa kept running. He seemed almost preternaturally fast on his feet, and he knew exactly where to jump, climb, and turn on the mountainside.

Where the boulder was brought down, there were little hints of anyone being there for Virse, aside from some scuff marks where the boulder was pushed...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

GM IC: "The... Large building, yes?" Masenna said, touching her throat cautiously. "The one disgorging fighters into our sacred lands?"

IC: Xaeraz rose to his feet and moved over to the bed, looking down at the injured Io. He was no expert on  Avohkah physiology, but they were essentially living lightning, right? Maybe it could be fixed by his mask...

With a shrug, he activated his mask, and tried to do what he could for the creature.

IC: Oh, no. There was a crowd forming. Too many people would make it more difficult to pull off his usual pomp and circumstance. Still, he dug his grave. It was time to lie in it.

"I can not wake the dead," he cried, "For they require my permission to wake! The ground itself is beholden to my will, rising when I command it to and not an instant before!" With a dramatic gesture, he imbued a plot of earth before him with life, causing it to surge up from the ground in a column of shaking soil.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: The Puppetmaster - The Spine.

While the fleeing Toa might have known the best places to jump, turn and climb, the cloud of ash didn't need to do any of that. It just continued on its path, using psionics to steer and home in on the mystery Toa....

IC: Dekako - Wailing Cliffs.

"That probably isn't a good idea...." 

IC: Anguish - House of Flying Daggers.

"Indeed," he nodded. The Herald seemed well-informed already. 

She watched breathlessly as the quivering pillar rose from the ground. Without vision, it was difficult to tell it was just earth. Kopen finally stopped moving, trying in vain to push the disturbing image from her mind.

She couldn't do it. "Stop it!" she shouted. "Whatever you're doing, just stop it! Don't you know what they say about this place?"

IC: Virse - The Spine

Though she combed through the small ledge and searched for the smallest trace of a presence, there was nothing. No hint of who had been here or where they had gone. Virse cursed under her breath and started back to the facility. There was little else to be done.

IC: Io - Med Bay

As he prodded at the creature, Xaeraz would find little to heal. Lightning had no skin to tear or scar, and no bones to break. Even if she did, Thaera had ensured her safety in his last moments.

The greatest toll was the energy drained by the deadly vapor of the Fields of Death and the loss of her only companion.

IC Maccha Yellow!

He frowned, standing with arms folded. What Xara had said about the Host's eventual death at the hands of JUSTICE was true, but now was not the time for such matters.

Casting a sidelong glance at the rahkshi, he waited for her to finish. "You were about to continue regarding the Queen." Not a question but a statement. "And about the infinite gems... I, we, need to know everything about them. You picked the area for the tournament because of their presence, didn't you? What do you know about their origins and powers?"

...but close to it

GM IC: Masenna sighed, gesturing for Anguish to take a seat beside her. Such an honor was rarely bestowed upon her followers, as Anguish would know, but here he was, being invited to sit beside MAsenna as she spoke to him.

"I fear that they have brought ruin upon us, Anguish. We may not survive this."

IC: Xaeraz frowned, unable to help the small creature. Silently, he reached one hand down to it, trying to simply offer the creature some sign of companionship in the desolate world they now occupied.

IC: "That it is a land cursed to have the undead walk it when the moons rise!" Dexund cried, dismissing his column of earth. "And I am their master, even if they yet know it not! Or do you doubt my power over those long dead?"

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Anguish - Mourning Porch. 

The creature sat down extending its misshapen legs awkwardly to fit itself into the chair. "What makes you say that?" he hissed, "Surely the Heralds of Death and Fear didn't intend..." he trailed off, fearing he had crossed a line in questioning Masenna. 

"I'm sure you're great and all, but after what's happened..." Her voice trailed off, threatening to break with emotion. "I'm sorry," she whispered, and without warning, she turned to run back to the facility.

IC: Io - Med Bay

Perhaps Xaeraz might realize that touching an Avohkah wasn't the best idea. Even in her unconscious state, Io was hot to the touch and contained enough voltage to make things uncomfortable for the Toa. She could never be touched by the unprotected hand, something that made it all the more incredible that a simple Matoran like Thaera had ever captured such a creature. It also made it difficult to comfort her.

"Now look at what you've gone and done," we growled, watching the Matoran run before turning to fix out attention once more on the preaching lunatic. "What are you playing at?" 

GM IC: Masenna only gave him a weary glance as he trailed off before saying, "We have never before slaughtered a singularity, Anguish. Every universe that has died before us has been but one of trillions just like it. But now..." The Herald of Misery let the words hang in the air between her and her lieutenant.

"There may be power greater than any one of us in play."

IC: "I!" Dexund said, before slumping slightly as he watched Kopen flee. Surely, a column of animated dirt couldn't be that horrifying, right? Although, he didn't know what Kopen had experienced. With a sigh and a slump of his shoulders, he turned to Dekako and said, "I never wanted that..."

IC: Xaeraz bit back a curse and shook his hand, withdrawing it from Io's burning hot body immediately. That was one of the dumber things he'd done, if he was honest, but compassion had bested him. He sighed, and lowered himself onto a chair by the Avohkah's bed. Worst came to worst, he'd be there for the little critter when it awoke, hopefully.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"Everyone's on edge enough as it is already," we pointed out, "best not to add to that."

IC: Anguish - Mourning Porch. 

"With respect," he said carefully, "it only took two of our Heralds to bring down this.... singularity. If it posed as much of a threat as you fear, surely that task would have been far more difficult?" 

IC: Turbo had been impatiently doing laps around the mausoleum as Dexund showed off, thoroughly unimpressed by his ability to move the earth. Weren't there, like, half a dozen people who could do that back at the facility? Like that one guy, name began with a Z...

Only when Kopen turned to flee did she brake, tearing up strips of the land as she skidded slightly (soft earth was not a particularly good surface for traction...) before coming to a halt.

"Dude, you did not just do that! You'd best hope I don't think of a way to get to you up there! Kopen will be avenged!"

But first things first, to see if the offended party herself was alright. Turbo accelerated again, trying to catch up to the fleeing Matoran.

"Hey! Heeeeeeey! Stop running so I can tell you not to be upset!"

IC: Skrall watched the Matoran carefully. They had him, Dayeth and Dajik outnumbered and more of them seemed to appear every moment. Normally he wouldn't be unnerved by such tiny foes but there was no telling what powers they might have in a world like this. They could be shapeshifters, every one of them, just waiting to take a more threatening appearance. Best to be on guard.

"I agree with the Lady Dajik," he said, "You may be loyal subjects but you are poor hosts. We have come to serve the Maeus, as he asked us to in the arena, and you leave us standing in the cold."

IC: "Hah, I do not think I could subdue you little one, I know it!" Tuyetkhamun challenged, "Even now you try to leave instead of tasting my power and potential."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC ??? - City of Fear

A ball of ###### LAVA exploded several meters from the Dark Toa chick.

One of the talking Matoran got another ball of compressed lava in the zygomatic arch, his head (probably) exploding (probably) because of the aforementioned

###### LAVA

The voice of the launched lava spoke up from under a nearby thing that he wasn't hidden under at all, just unwritten about until now.

"Who the fu-." He stopped abruptly, clearing his throat.

"How severe a sufferer of autassassinophilia must one be to maraude into territory such as this?"

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC Selox:

In desperation, nihilism, and the complete and total refusal to risk assimilation into the Cult, Selox had reverted to his defualt Baterra programming: Destroy all that have weapons. Melting into the shape of a headstone, he waited, his sapience protocols only active below the surface of his normal programming.

IC Velix:

Velix had become a scout over the last two weeks, walking around and looking for resources and the like. Favoring the Spine, as his elemental abilities were a large asset there, he was currently wandering, every now and then carving a marker into the stone.

IC Feraz:

Feraz, also, had been keeping busy. His extensive knowledge of computer systems and hardware had led him to help out in Engineering, attempting to get the computers used by teh Facility functional again. At teh moment he had plugged FIDAT into one of the Knowledge Sector's computers, and was typing madly on FIDAT's holographic keyboard as he began restoring corrupted files.

IC Lefia:

Lefia knew several things: FIrst of all, she was no good at scouting and the like, and second of all, she wanted to get home. Third of all, she knew there were a lot of people around, and if she was good at anything, it was getting what she wanted from people. SHe walked off toward the CIty of Fear, feeling that she was more likely to find people she could bribe/manipulate/steal from there.

OOC: All open for interaction.

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Kopen didn't stop running. She only called back over her shoulder, "I'm not upset!" sounding very upset.

Her pistol instantly jumped from the Matoran to the lava-chucking moron and his hiding place. "What the Karz do you think you're doing?" she snapped. "We had everything under control before you burst in, incinerating our greeters!"

IC - Vagust:

Noticing the commotion around Io, Vagust turned again, fixing Xaeraz with a disapproving frown. "Please, be careful," he said calmly, though with a hint of annoyance present in his voice. "I didn't pull that Avohkah out of the arena just for you to accidentally hurt it or yourself."

profiles i guess

GM IC: DREISEN - MEDICAL BAY

"Not the smartest thing you've ever done, I'm sure," Dreisen said to Xaeraz, agreeing with Vagust

He fell silent again, glancing between the two fighters and Zelnos, an idea forming in his mind.

"If the three of you are interested," he said, speaking slowly, "we could form a team. The Host lost many Infinite Gems... if we could find them - enough of them - the power boost might be great enough to make challenging the Cult directly a more reasonable idea. Perhaps it might be enough to... take care of the Host once we return as well."

GM IC: THE HOST - CONTROL ROOM

The Host chuckled, shaking his head.

"You threaten to kill me," he said, gesturing to Xara. "What makes you believe that I will tell you everything that I know? Our systems are all damaged or destroyed, the Queen is missing, and the Enforcer was never fully involved in our research of the gems. I am the closest thing to an expert on the subject that you have left. Considering your lack of manners, I do not believe I will be sharing it with you right now. Perhaps next time you could wait before knocking down my door."

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - A.D.

As A.D. landed, if he looked to his left, he would see a large, distorted mirror, with fractures stretching out from the upper-left corner.

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - DAYETH/DAJIK/SKRALL

(OOC: This bit takes place from directly after my last post up until current events)

"Doctor Maeus is what some of you call him," another new voice said, this one from behind Dayeth.

"Creepy?" the first Matoran asked, sounding positively delighted. 

"That's nonsense," said another Matoran, stepping into view right beside Dajik, turning to face the fighter. "The Master is busy right now."

"Busy with an experiment," the fourth Matoran to appear continued, nodding in agreement. 

Before any of the Matoran could respond to Skrall, however, the head of one disappeared thanks to a ball of - was that lava? The other Matoran all stiffened, their gazes zeroing in on the newcomer. More Matoran began to crawl out from the nearby buildings, stepping out of the alleys. If Skrall were to turn around, they would find over a dozen Matoran gathered behind them. 

"You are rude," the Matoran said, all speaking in unison, their words directed to the newcomer. "The Master does not like that."

GM IC - THE SPINE

The Toa kept running. But, unfortunately, something happened. A rock in his path he hadn't accounted for, something out of the norm on something he had memorized. The rock made the rusty Toa falter and slow...slow enough for The Puppetmaster to catch up.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC - Vagust:

Vagust turned his disapproving frown from Xaeraz over to Dreisen, based upon the engineer's last few words. Searching for the gems? Good idea. Using them to challenge the cultists? Good idea. Getting off this rock? Good idea.

Killing the Host? Bad idea, bad idea, bad idea, pointless waste of energy, etc. etc. etc.

"I'll agree to help find gems, take care of the Cult, and hopefully get out of here," Vagust said. He left the part he disagreed with out, fairly certain Dreisen would be able to piece it together himself.

profiles i guess

IC-Ignis (Training sector)

Ignis stood up as the Four-armed creature started to Intimidate him. "I was half expecting sympathy, but due to your Incapability of showing such, How about we settle this with a good old fashioned spar?" He sad, Flexing his knuckles.

OOC

If I've missed anything (Character reactions or anything), Feel free to fill me in.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC - Aclaraung - Facility Camp:

"Aclaraung," the Dragon replied, before placing the cylinder of ice in his mouth and crunching down on it with his teeth. Now shattered it quickly melted, cold water flowing down Aclaraung's throat. "And were I in my home universe, I would be quite a bit larger than I am here. Apparently when they pulled me in they decided I wouldn't fit, as big as I was, and now I remain that way."

IC - Zvuk Voyny - The Spine:

However, as Virse started back to the facility, she would find her way quite well blocked by a much larger being than most she had seen thus far. While one could say that said being was only four times as tall as she was, that being was also quite a bit longer than she was, much more muscular, and possessed of weaponry that she likely wouldn't even be able to imagine until it was used against her. Said being affixed the Toa with a small, and inherently threatening grin, the frills around his head and neck bristling with amusement.

That being, of course, was myself.

"Why, little one, are you lost?" I asked, the highly controlled, velvety tones of my voice transferring themselves into her being as much through the ground on which we stood as through her eardrums, and while I was talking at what was an average speaking voice for my kind, she would likely find it quite loud and offputting for concentration. Oh, how I enjoyed dealing with beings such as her, who found themselves on the island with no protection of any kind...or who decided to leave the protection they had, for any length of time.

I leaned down, laying with my belly on the ground, the hard scales of my armour gleaning in the sunlight, ruby red eyes twinkling with an almost malicious merriment as I looked down on the Toa before me. Were she to pay close attention, she would also see the teeth I possessed, which would prove as long as a Matoran's forearm, were she to test them; I know I had done so in the past. "This is a dangerous place for those who don't know the land to be lost in...and I'm afraid I don't recognize you, which definitely makes me believe that you don't know the land. Tell me, little one, what is your name, and how might I be helping you on this fine day?"

profiles i guess

IC: 

Dehkaz nodded, and followed behind the Po-Toa as they made their way out of the ruins of the arena.

"I suggest we find Krayn first, then meet with Kale."

IC: Ivhi [Knowledge Sector]

Great, books, woo, right?

Kinda.

At least they provided some form of sanity in this madhouse. It was, of course, preferable to the alternative, which was enough for the small Toa as she glided through the frozen chaos of a library which had fallen from orbit.

OOC: Ivhi open for interact~

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Maccha Yellow!

"I can put the door back on! This facility can be fixed and your precious infinite gems can be found again!" He was shouting, getting closer to the Host and grabbing at his chest like an angry petitioner. This was made comical by the height difference of at least a quarter of a bio.

"You know what I can't fix? Those girls. Executed on live television. Or all the other victims of this sick cult! They're gone and dead and their bodies are going to keep piling up unless you work with us! You don't like me or Xara's attitude? Tough luck. We're some of the only people that have even bothered to look for information here, the rest of the people are just milling about waiting to die! You know what I think of that?! that!" Realizing a little too late that spitting and yelling in the Host's face might not get them anywhere, he let go and backed off, visibly drained. "Ah... I'm sorry about that, but I feel very strongly about this situation. Someone very important to me once told me that every being had the capacity to act as a sword, or as a shield. Someone that could harm and destroy or someone that could defend and nurture. I have dedicated myself to being a shield, and when I see such terrible things happening and all these people doing nothing... Well, as you can see I get a little testy."

IC Langmuir (F)

She had to train harder.

Become stronger. Only strong people would survive here.

• Upvote 3

...but close to it

IC:

Ch to the -ojo, D to the -esde!

Can't even tell a girl I like her

Without the tourney goin' doomsday!

The princess sighed and clicked her tongue.

"I think I got it," she said, lifting her head off the ProtoToa's shoulder. "Thanks, Aeila. Just needed a sec."

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Virse - The Spine

Despite his pretentious manners, Virse didn't trust the armored creature as far as she could throw him. But as it was bigger than nearly anything she had seen before and could crush her in an instant, she decided to play along. "I am... T-Toa Virse, of Sand," she stammered. "And though I do not... know this land, I was... hoping to come to know it. It reminds me much of home."

Her glass blade was lowered by her side. Though she was attempting to appear nonthreatening (as if she could appear threatening to something as large as this), it was ready to attempt to pierce this monster's hide should it make a move.

Matoran seemed to pour from every nook and cranny to surround them, but they were not focused on her. The Lady Dajik kept her pistol pointed firmly towards their attacker, and her eyes did not move from him. "Look what you have done now, you trigger-happy lunatic!" she snarled.

Backing a little, she hissed over her shoulder to Skrall. "Perhaps now would be the best time to find a... safer approach."

IC - Zvuk - The Spine:

"Well, little Virse, if it reminds you so much of home, how about I take you on a tour?" I asked, the ground rumbling with the laugh I gave soon after. "Though I do doubt what you say. I think it more likely you came with the ship that just fell in out of the sky, and likely you're trying to find supplies, or information about the land, not because it reminds you of home but because it would help ameliorate the glaring tactical disadvantage your group has, no?" I grinned, a maw full of sharp teeth presenting itself to the Toa. While speaking, I paid close attention to the woman, to see what information I might glean from her appearance.

She wore a mask I did not recognize. That was no matter - few of the masks worn by the Toa who had ever come here had been threatening to me, and I highly expected that I would learn what it was shortly. She wore a strange gauntlet upon her left hand, another item which I had no knowledge of what it would do, though I supposed it possible I would learn that soon as well. A glass blade was held in her hands - a foolish weapon, that, as it would merely shatter if swung against the plates of my armour with any force - and while she said she was a Toa of Sand, she held the colouration of a Toa of Stone. Which, given that I had seen other Toa of Stone who focused more on controlling sand than on controlling stone, I wasn't surprised. I could at least trust her to be truthful, at that moment in time - at least, I was willing to do so for a moment or two.

"Tell me, little one, what is that which you wear upon your hand? I'm afraid it doesn't quite match the rest of you, and I would be dearly sorry if I were to have to take it from you to find out myself."

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess