BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

OOC: *Together We Ride kicks in*

IC - Shixahl (Mt. Ihu):

Shixahl lurched out of the way of the shadow bolt, even as he drew one of his remaining three knives. Before he threw it, however, he looked around; he had definitely seen four enemies, so that there were only two up ahead was fairly telling. He expected the other two to be coming around the other side of the snowbank, but he still managed to catch the attack from atop it, due in no small part to the size of the snowball they were rolling towards him. He took two steps away from the oncoming pair of attackers, moving himself out of the boulder's path. Then, prioritizing the foes with the high ground, threw his knife in-between Kotak and Jorth. In the howling snowstorm, they were unlikely to see the wire or hear it unwinding from his tool belt, especially at such a distance from him as they were. As such, it would probably come as a surprise to them when, in the subtle movement of grabbing another knife, he guided the wire of the first so that it would wrap around Kotak.

IC: Tarsus The Inquisitor - Arena

Tarsus nodded, following the Toa known as Dayeth as he prepped Executioner for battle. He was unsure how effective he would be, considering that he had no powers of his own and was recently deprived of his ranged capabilities, but figured that he could at least provide some extra backup in the melee-department nonetheless if his partner were to suddenly get mobbed by enemies.

Seeing that the fleeing competetor had evaded both the shadow bolt and a giant snowball rolling his way before preoccupying himself with Kotak and Jorth, whom he presumed was the source of said snowball, he rushed forward, preparing to swing the spiked end of the weapon towards his opponent's side in an attempt to divert his attention away from them.

OOC: Tarsus attacking Shixahl.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Mirror - Training Sector (talking to Velix)

Mirror gave a small grin, an interesting sight with his long fangs. "Is it that obvious? Sorry, first time here. I'm Mirror."

He held out one large hand.

Edited by Click

IC: Dayeth - Arena.

At the same time as Tarsus attacked the enemy from one side, Dayeth ran at him from the other, ducking down low to avoid Tarsus' blow in case it missed, and slicing at Shixahl's legs with her flaming axe. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kotak:

He saw the knife coming, and casually flicked a lance of ice to bat it away, sending it spinning off into the snow.

Then he sent A rather large formation of Ice rocketing up from behind Shixahl, whether to hurt him directly or to keep him in one place while the others moved in, it was hard to say.

IC - Vagust:

Vagust barely even had any time to say one thing or the other before Shixahl's enemies became his own as well, so he simply gritted his teeth, and growled at Zangah, "Stay with our new ally here and help him in the melee. I'll focus on the two who are holding away from us." With that, he pointed his swordstaff towards Kotak, lashing out at the ice Toa by channeling a lightning bolt through his weapon and directing it to Kotak. Hopefully Kotak would be a little too focused on raising up walls of ice and giant snowballs to notice Vagust attacking him until it was too late.

OOC: Vagust attacking Kotak.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC Velix:

Velix gave a grin, shaking the proffered hand. "My name's Velix."

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Mirror - Training Sector

Well, at least he knew someone now. "If you don't mind me asking," he said, cautiously, "I... I haven't seen a Toa with that coloration before. What... element do you belong to?"

IC Ezezko - Gym

[unfortunately, no. I don't have any ideas. She mentioned having me perform some errand for her as a punishment or something. So she might contact me soon?]

You think hard about The Queen.

[Nothing yet, friend. Maybe you can ask some of the staff? The food court must have cooks and the gym cleaners. Maybe we even have maids that make our beds.]

...but close to it

IC Velix:

"Apparently I'm something of an oddity among most Toa. I have the element of Speed."

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

Dayeth's strike, low to the ground though as it was, was quickly intercepted by a the flat of a blade. The sword intercepted the weapon just below the ax, impacting against the haft of the weapon and stopping it short. When her eyes flicked up, she found its wielder- yours truly- in a fool's stance, the point of my blade angled down as such to block her blow. I used my new position to flick it back, forcing the heavier weapon back and forcing its owner to correct her stance. Such a low blow, after all, left her wide open; especially when it was intercepted.

Truthfully, I could have struck her down while she was in mid swing. But Shixahl wouldn't have been guarded. Her recovery, however, was just what I needed to bring my own blade into my preferred plow stance, regarding the Dark Toa opposite me with a grin.

"Two on one? Clearly fair play ain't your strong suit."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Zakaro (Mt. Ihu, fighting Artorre)

As the other Toa's blade came down towards Zakaro, he figured that the best thing to do would probably be to keep rolling. Then he decided to do the exact opposite and so instead of continuing to roll to the left, he slammed his right fist against the ground and flipped back in the opposite direction, making a full revolution in the air before landing and rolling forwards, ending up roughly a side step away from where he had first fallen forward, and with his back turned.

Without a pause, the Onu Toa spun around to face Artorre again, grinning and slashing at the same time.

"You're not half bad, Flame-Slicer!"

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Kotak may have been paying attention to his walls of ice...Jorth was not. He was already looking over in the right direction, keeping an eye on where the knife had been thrown from, so saw the sword being raised and pointed in Kotak's direction, Sort of telegraphed an incoming attack, that did. 

He dived down to the ground to avoid whatever it was incoming, and exerted his elemental control over Kotak's muscles, manipulating them to drag the ice Toa down into the snow. Whatever was thrown at them should go right over their heads. And as a counter attack to make sure Vagust didn't just immediately point the sword down, Jorth had long strands of leathery hide appear around him, ribbony strands that reached out to bind and tether and whip-like strands that lashed and cracked through the air. Individually they'd only succeed at annoying Vagust, but all together, coming at him from all sides? Well that was something that should force him off the defensive to deal with

7AOYGDJ.jpg

"Of course not," she replied, smiling in a decidedly sadistic manner. She took a few steps back, activating her mask power.

Nocton's shadow powers sprang to life in her hand, and she unleashed them in the form of a cloud of impenetrable darkness centered around her opponent (Zangah), similar to what Nocton had done to her earlier. It was so much easier to simply copy the attacks she's already seen instead of making up her own. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kotak:

He was suddenly dragged down hard by a force unknown, landing hard on his face and injured shoulder.

Muffled in the snow, a curse could be heard, as he lifted his head, Focusing on the battle field. Two fighters he hadn't seen before were there. 

He cursed once more, pressing his hand against the ground, causing razor spikes of ice to shoot up from the ground near the feet of Vagust and Zangah.

IC: Silvanni

Well that wasn't fun. 

Everything wasn't going great. 

Little by little. 

Lovely pal of mine had been screwed over. 

For my buddy over there, the poet who didn't even know it. 

Or maybe he did.

Really though, it's not like it mattered. I just wanted to rhyme. 

The point is, things were no longer going well for him.

He'd been doing fine, when the Rahk let out some magic. 

Engulfed the area, some sort of status effect. 

Little old me hadn't analyzed it enough to figure out just quite yet. 

Oh well. 

Von Armsomething or the other was my ally. 

Everyone knows you help your allies. 

Of course I didn't just reveal my copied power. That was my trump in case things got really annoying. 

For now my pistol would suffice, I was at range but I did have the element of surprise.

Great shooting wasn't needed, at best I'd hit them, at worse they'd be distracted and the field might ware off. 

Otherwise I'd just shoot when they got closer. 

Dagger-pistol then did it's thing. My shouts followed after the bullets, "Bang, bang, bang."

That said, it didn't matter, by the time they heard my shouting, it'd be too late, bullets travel fast. 

Heavenly bullets were even faster. 

I should probably point out that my bullets weren't heavenly. 

Still, they were faster than sound. 

It's a pretty standard fact about guns. 

Seriously, my shouts were perfectly fine and reasonable. 

Faster than my shouts was a guarantee. By the time of my voice, those bullets had already reached.

Unless the Rahkshi was even faster I had a good chance of hitting with at least a handful of shots.  

Now that I'm done, just a quick heads up. Don't look at the first letter of each line. 

OOC: Silvanni firing bullets at Prose and Kuro. 

IC: Prose/Gym, Drawing Silvanni away from Kuro

I heard the gun fire and with my giant shovel and whacked the bullets, which meant breaking my focus on the beam of Prosperity.

Kuro was, by now, in his meditative state, waiting for his opponent to answer his challenge. That meant that I needed to protect him.

I knew I was going to lose, but I was going to die for my friend.

"Don't interrupt their battle. My friend wants to challenge yours. You will be my opponent."

IC:

Shadow.

You know, I've spent my whole life dealing with stuff like this. Her, too. I've seen the type. Maybe her Makuta's different from mine. Maybe in their world, shadow isn't such a bad thing. But you don't just unlearn a lifetime of ingrained experiences. Seeing this move...

Now my blood's heating right up.

I shove off with my right foot, driving me forward and to the left. Battleaxes are slow weapons, which means she'll either have committed to a strike (and I'll have an opening), or she'll have done some fancy maneuvering. Either way, I'll have a moment to get my bearings. I'm not concerned about moving in the wrong direction, not yet; I was only in there a moment, and I don't lose my knowledge of direction just 'cause I can't see. Bursting forth from the shadows, I pivot to my right to spot my opponent, on guard for any attacks.

You know, I like this one more.

Don't have to close to range. She does it for me.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Dayeth had expected him to flee from the darkness. She hadn't expected him to come exploding out right in front of her and shift into a battle-ready stance. The surprise broke her concentration, and her mask power faltered, the shadows evaporating. 

She whirled to face him, flinging a ball of Dark Fire towards his chest. 

IC - Vagust:

Vagust sighed slightly when he missed, before diving backwards, through the suddenly-formed strips of leather around just starting to surround him and out of the way of Kotak's ice spikes, sending a cloud of snow up in the process, slightly obscuring his position. He didn't let himself stay on the ground long, though, rocking back up onto his feet and hustling over to the right as the cloud of snow was dispersing again.

He then fired a couple low-strength bolts of electricity at his two grounded (haha) targets, mainly to function as suppressing fire, before he began to rush them. With any luck, they'd either stay on the ground and get shocked and then stabbed, or they'd roll away from the shocks, he could stab one of them, and then move on to the other.

OOC: Vagust attacking Jorth and Kotak.

profiles i guess

IC: Mirror - Training Sector (talking to Velix)

"Speed...?" Mirror repeated, still confused. It probably wasn't the strangest power here, but it was different enough to stand out to him. "So... strange experiment, one-of-a-kind, far-off home...?"

IC Kotak:

Growling, he forced himself up, only to find a lighting bolt headed for him, he rolled, not away from the bolt, but into it, rolling under it, and coming up,  intending to put a few well placed thrusts into the other's torso.

He'd caught the trailing edge of the bolt, and his teeth rattled in his head even as he attacked his opponent, making his first thrust pack less of a punch than he'd meant.

He grit his Teeth. This battle was not off to a good start.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC:

Ice spikes. I see them now, pointing from the ground where I had been. Can't focus on them. Vagust will deal with it. If I divide my attention, I die.

A normal person would have evaded the Dark Toa's attack. Clearly that was the intent, to create a little space. Rather, that would be the normal reaction, I think, in her world. I instead take advantage of her surprise, stepping forward to bring her into range of my blade, which I thrust forward in a lightning quick strike directed towards her torso. A little easier to dodge than a cut would be, but even if she evades it keeps her on the off foot. Such a jab doesn't require substantial commitment, leaving me free to strike again while she's unsteady.

I don't spare her fireball a thought. I was never in danger. The energy attack sputtered out the instant it came near me, leaving me unhindered.

Another thing to keep her on her toes.

fK5oqYf.jpg

What the karz? Dayeth jerked backwards in surprise, squirming away from his strike.

Her fireball had done nothing. At all.

He'd walked right through it and continued attacking her. How was he doing that? If it hadn't been for the fact that she was in the middle of fighting him, she would have loved to try to emulate that ability, maybe even figure out exactly how it worked.... She let her thoughts trail off and focused on the fight. 

Taking her axe in both hands and setting the blade alight with Dark Fire, she swung out at his chest, hoping that whatever power protected him from her fireballs wouldn't defend him from her flaming axe. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC - Vagust:

Vagust came up short as Kotak thrust a halberd at him, although the effects of Vagust's lightning bolt, coupled with the Toa of Lightning's dodging out of the way, led to him evading the attack completely; when he did that he stepped in, thrusting the blade of his swordstaff at Kotak's abdomen with his right hand, while bracing his shoulder to push bodily against Kotak's halberd's haft after the thrust was completed, either with it in Kotak or not, or for Vagust to prepare himself for a possible side-swipe with the haft wacking against his arm and side.

OOC: Vagust, attacking Kotak

EDIT: edited for clearness

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

IC: Jorth was prepared for lightning bolts this time. A chunk of particularly fatty meat appeared in front of him to take the strike, the blubber absorbing the blast in a spray of sparks and boiling grease. Jorth swiftly had the slab of barbecue fly away from him, aiming it at the back of the swordsman fighting Dayeth. Having a weight like that slap into your shoulders and spine was bound to throw off your swordsmanship, and all that scorching hot molten fat pouring through the chinks in his armour wasn't going to do him any good either

OOC: Jorth attacking Zangah

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

As Nocton joined the group, the door to the Queen's office swung shut, the lock clicking into place. She glanced around at Xaeraz, Lytrel, and Von Worten before nodding in satisfaction.

Tell me, she began, what do you think of when I say 'Infinite Gem'?

IC Kotak: Like so many times before, his shield was ready, the sword slamming into it, reverberating up his arm painfully, as he was pushed into the snow, falling and rolling bodily in the powder, coming up, and sending two shards of ice flying at where his opponent ha probably gone when he'd pushed him. 

He was fighting a veteran. And with two injured arms, this was not looking good.

IC - Vagust:

Of course, Vagust hadn't only stepped back, he'd followed through with his thrust. As Kotak rolled, Vagust lunged forwards, his body going low to the ground and his swordstaff thrusting upwards, to hopefully get under Kotak's shield. What Vagust didn't expect, however, were the ice shards. Thankfully, his low-to-the-ground orientation, coupled to Kotak's immediately-launched defensive attack and likely the Toa of Ice's slight disorientation from the roll, led to one missing Vagust completely while the other cut into his cheek before smashing apart on his pauldron.

OOC: Attacking Kotak.

profiles i guess

IC: "Facets on facets on facets, spiraling in on themselves in ways one cannot picture, an endless waterfall of faces in dimensions beyond our abilities to perceive," Xaeraz said, before realizing what he had intoned. He glanced around nervously, and proceeded to stammer out, "Uh, if that, that makes any s-sense to anyone. I don't know what, what that was, m-myself." He affected a sheepish smile and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sometimes, I, ah ramble things like that..."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

As Nocton joined the group, the door to the Queen's office swung shut, the lock clicking into place. She glanced around at Xaeraz, Lytrel, and Von Worten before nodding in satisfaction.

Tell me, she began, what do you think of when I say 'Infinite Gem'?

IC: Lytrel

"Uh..." Lytrel thought for a moment before replying: "I'm sorry; nothing's coming to mind." He took a moment to look around at the Queen's office; somewhat surprising, but then again, he wasn't sure what he was expecting in the first place.

IC Nocton:

"A large, blue, glittery gem that is much sought after by treasure hunters." Nocton replied immedietly.

IC Kotak:

He was losing ground.

Luckily, his shield was large enough to stop the strike, but the fact remained that unless he came up with something good soon, he'd be out. 

Some part of his mind wondered why he cared. After all, he'd surpassed his once saviour, descended into the black pits of the Makuta's lair, come back stronger for it. He'd even all but single-handedly defeated a Makuta himself. 

So why did it matter?

Because it meant there were still better people.

Gritting his teeth, he spat, "Karzahni!"

With a growl, he brought the axe blade down in a vicious arc, upon the unfortunate Electric Toa's back.

With a roar that could be heard across the battle field, he spoke, "I WILL NOT FALL HERE!"

• Upvote 2

IC:

Catches on quick, she does.

Once more, I do the unexpected; rather than jumping back, I move forward. Specifically inside the ax's reach, permitting me to intercept its haft with my armored left forearm. The impact isn't pleasant, might bruise, but the ax stopped, which was the important thing. Before the Dark Toa could pull it back, my hand twisted to grab its haft, immobilizing it. My left foot was planted firmly in the ground, both to brace myself against efforts to free the weapon, and to prepare my counter.

A... Flaming hunk of meat grazing my left shoulder, causing a degree of pain when it hit, was not expected. Granted, it was just that; a little pain. Hot grease splashed against my shoulder, causing me to grit my teeth with pain, but there was nothing I could do about it right now. I was committed. The impact might have been an issue, but the bracing of my stance prevented it from being so. Probably targeted at my back, initially. Such imprecise projectiles targeting a combatant engaged in close quarters maneuvering, though? And with an ally so close by? That was a strange choice.

But It didn't matter. With Dayeth's ax occupied, my right hand was already moving, taking advantage of the posture to thrust the tip of my sword towards her center mass with my right hand. She wouldn't get out of the way in time, not if she insisted on hanging onto her weapon. Even if she did let go, the unorthodox method of defense and counter would be too unexpected to avoid entirely. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

Dayeth released her weapon and tried to sidestep, but was too slow. The sword blade tore a ragged gash across her side, and she slammed her arm down on it, trying to trap the flat of the blade between her arm and her body, before twisting sideways in an attempt to rip it from his grasp. 

IC - Vagust:

Vagust continued stepping forward, pushing his swordstaff hard against Kotak's shield in an almost vain attempt to just overpower his enemy (or his enemy's equipment), and then Kotak began growling and yelling at him. Vagust ignored it, instead charging up his energy to shock this young ice cube into submission or death finally - and then he received a resounding whack upon his shoulder from the haft of the halberd. The blade had missed him, the reach being too far for that, but the weight of the metallic haft and the blade behind it hitting into his shoulder still hurt. His attack faltered, and the grip of his right hand on his swordstaff slackened as his pauldron rang in his ear and nearly cracked.

Then he dropped his swordstaff, letting loose a vicious growl as he lunged forwards, one hand reaching for and hopefully latching onto Kotak's exposed wrist from where he held the halberd-staff, the other hopefully clamping down on the edge of Kotak's shield if the Toa of Ice didn't fall back again to try and dodge the inevitable tackle, and if the grab succeeded, Vagust released the stored up energy in a debilitating and quite possibly lethal shock, sending electric energy coursing through Kotak's body and likely sending him into cardiac arrest.

OOC: Attacking Kotak.

profiles i guess

IC:

Not bad, Follower.

My left hand releases her ax, letting it drop to the ground. Her twist, attempting to rob me of my weapon, was hindered by the destruction it left in its wake; the blood seeping from the cut reduced resistance even more, permitting me to yank the blade free from its makeshift prison. Admittedly, the movement bought her a moment. Had she evaded more completely, I would have been free to counterattack swiftly. The blade back under my control I return my left hand to its hilt, stepping forward with a slash at Dayeth's chest. She was well within my range, now, and she'd be unbalanced, even if she escaped its reach.

My shoulder stings, and I know it's burned. Couldn't be helped, nor could the throbbing coming from my right arm. Neither would impair my ability to fight, but Karzahni do I hope those get tended to when all is done.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Taken by surprise when he pulled his weapon free, Dayeth was too slow to react. As he stepped forward, she tried to step back, but the extra reach of his weapon gave her no chance to avoid the blade that sliced deep into her chest. 

She had a brief moment to stare at him, her eyes wide from shock and pain, before her body evaporated away. 

OOC: Dayeth KO'd by Zangah. 

IC Kotak:

Despite his words, he went down, his opponent falling with him, landing bodily onto his shield as his arms screamed with pain, pulling his legs up as he fell backwards, attempting to push opponent off with a heave of his legs.

And then lights danced in his eyes, as the Vo-Toa released the electricity through his shield.

His heart went out of control.

He had half a minute, tops.

And in the icy blue eyes that normally showed nothing, it could be seen that he knew he'd been beaten.

IC - Artorre (Mt. Ihu):

Artorre allowed his jovial personality to return for a moment, as he grinned and replied to his opponent.

"You're pretty good, yourself..." His grin vanished as he was left without a nickname with which to refer to the Onu-Toa. As he raised his own blade to parry, he said the first thing that came to mind.

"EARTH-FISTER!"

While their blades were locked, Artorre took the opportunity to resume guiding his sword's flames towards his opponent's face.

IC - Shixahl (Mt. Ihu):

Shixahl frowned, feeling some annoyance at his blade being deflected, despite his having been sure to throw it on a course where it wouldn't directly collide with either of the foes atop the snowbank. Did they see the wire? He wondered. He couldn't imagine that they had. He supposed they were just nervous enough to block a shot that would have missed. They couldn't begin to comprehend their luck.

As Dayeth's blow towards Shixahl's right side was parried, and that combatant was eventually killed, Tarsus' came in towards his left. He weakly raised the arm, which was, for good reason, unoccupied. He allowed the swing to contact his outstretched hand. Honestly, with his gauntlets both still functioning, the act of moving the fried arm hurt a lot more than the impact of the spiked weapon, which felt like a hardball slamming into a thick, leather mitt. The halfbreed Glatorian nonchalantly began unloading electricity into the Inquisitor's weapon. While his opponent responded to the attack, he sheathed the second knife he had drawn, and loosened his grip on the wire of the first, until it rewound itself far enough that the knife reentered his hand.

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

OOC: And now for something completely different. :P

IC:

Somewhere in the hallways between the food court and the rest of the complex, loud foot steps resounded through the hallways. The owner of those feet was not being intentionally noisy, nor was there much to be done about it. The hulking being roaming the halls was unable to deaden the impact of her footfalls much more, nor did she really care enough to make the effort.

She wasn't bothering anyone. 

They'd all cleared out when the black armored titan started walking down the hall, proceeding with all the speed of  a sliding glacier.

OOC: Noroi Shiru, open for interaction.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg