BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

There's always The Outsiders.

We're getting more recruits than we know what to do with, and not enough jobs to keep everyone occupied. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Alright!

Finals are over, and I have an entire month of nothing to do. I fully feel able to jump headfirst back into the BZPRPG...

...except I don't want to pick up any of my old characters, and I lack ideas for new ones. Coupled with the fact I don't know where would be the most...opportune area to jump in, and it makes the task of rejoining much more daunting.

So. Any suggestions for someone to hop back in?

Single white female, seeking partner in Po. Hobbies include leather.

• Upvote 8

...but close to it

Alright!

Finals are over, and I have an entire month of nothing to do. I fully feel able to jump headfirst back into the BZPRPG...

...except I don't want to pick up any of my old characters, and I lack ideas for new ones. Coupled with the fact I don't know where would be the most...opportune area to jump in, and it makes the task of rejoining much more daunting.

So. Any suggestions for someone to hop back in?

Ihu Koro always needs people, like old Carson said. Highlander positions are always open.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Please stop talking about Stannis that way.  It's not a fan fiction I want to read.

In more serious terms, are there any mercs. for hire in Onu-Koro right now?

There's Lash. Unfortunately she's still in Ussalry custody, but Eretas is working to secure her release as we speak. Hiring her includes the bonus of a fully-functioning Vacuum Rahkshi, free of charge. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

what.

---

And the other suggestions (Sorry Tiragath, I cannot pull that off, I am sorry I cannot fulfill that role.). I'll keep those in mind.

Having a BATTLE CRAAAAAAAAAB sounds fun.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

what.

---

And the other suggestions (Sorry Tiragath, I cannot pull that off, I am sorry I cannot fulfill that role.). I'll keep those in mind.

Having a BATTLE CRAAAAAAAAAB sounds fun.

aw sweet i can still nab her

as soon as I bomb this chem final like it's the fifties all over again

helo frens

"Why, might I ask, is a clan of merchants so desirous of weaponry?"

I'm fairly glad I made more than one Taajar character.

• Upvote 1
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Unlike all those people finishing up their finals and getting more time, I am in the middle of the final steps of a move. As such I'm expecting to lose internet capability for at least a week while it gets set up in the new house.

I'm sorry for anyone I leave hanging but I should not be gone too long.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Hey guys, first of all, my final exams are done! I'll finish catching up in Le and responding accordingly with Kongu's return!

I do have a question for everybody though:

There hasn't been a great deal of interaction, and though I know a lot of people have reasons for staying out of it, I'm curious: What would get you to play (or more likely to play) more in the Kentoku location?

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

A kentoku version of the mata-nui weekly.

Maybe some more IC headers for where people are at, right now it kind of has the problem that single topic RPGs can have of people being in different locations within the overall location and me reading it and being like... "huh?"

That's just my limited reading comprehension doe.

...but close to it

The reason I haven't made any characters for Kentoku is because I just find all of the culture and caste system and lore too complex from a gameplay perspective. It's too constraining for my style of play. I don't know if that really helps answer the original question, but that's just my personal opinion. 

Hey guys, first of all, my final exams are done! I'll finish catching up in Le and responding accordingly with Kongu's return!

There hasn't been a great deal of interaction, and though I know a lot of people have reasons for staying out of it, I'm curious: What would get you to play (or more likely to play) more in the Kentoku location?

The simple answer is I have more than enough characters as it is. I figure once the expedition is over and those Dasaka return home, I'll have plenty to do with Mako.

Although bringing back Ankora isn't totally out of the question...

The reason I haven't made any characters for Kentoku is because I just find all of the culture and caste system and lore too complex from a gameplay perspective. It's too constraining for my style of play. I don't know if that really helps answer the original question, but that's just my personal opinion.

I'd like to point out that my main Dasaka character is probably one of the least constrained or inhibited of my characters. You don't like feeling limited? Use that, make a Datsue, they have a lot more personal freedom, or make a character who's against the caste system. This creates conflict, and conflict is interesting.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

May I direct you to post #14192 *hint hint* :P

Kathok

I also found it confusing that there was only one topic for the entire Archipelago, but one of my main reasons for not making characters on Kentoku was that I always felt limited in the character creation process. Maybe it would help if it had its own set of sentient species with different cultural backgrounds that the Empire knew of and that the folks on Mata Nui didn't as well; it would be interesting to see what kind of beings would mirror the Vortixx, Skakdi, and Lesterin over there, and it could generate more interest in creating new custom species or reviving older ones too.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Actually, timeageness has a point there, but here's my take on it: If random Toa, Vortixx, Matoran, Skakdi, Turaga, Lesterin, etc. wash up quite regularly on the shores of Mata Nui from distant lands, why have none (except the Piraka) ever wound up on Kentoku? 

I know we normally disregard the backstory/where characters came from stuff, but it doesn't make much sense if you stop and think about it. 

Because Kentoku wasn't a battleground between deities for over a century. When the Toa Mata failed, Mata Nui put more Toa on the island. In response, Makuta summoned Skakdi, Vortixx and anything else likely to bring chaos or evil. Each side couldn't stop attracting reinforcements while the other did so. Meanwhile, Kentoku hasn't had a war between gods recently--least of all, one including an unprecedented outcome that forced its Great Spirit's hand--so it lacks the draw of Mata Nui.

• Upvote 7

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Honestly, the only thing that's really stopping me from posting in Kentoku (besides lack of time) is that I've no idea where to start with a couple of my characters. I haven't been steeped in Kentoku's culture and tone as I have with Mata Nui. It's actually rather like being new to the BZPRPG all over again.

omg wow i am so noob look at me

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

As for why I don't play in Kentoku is that, as a race, the Dasaka bore me. They seem to be a combination of Amazons and various Asian cultures. Honestly, I've never cared much for Amazons and while I have nothing against Asia, I feel that they're overused in pop culture.

Now, if the Dasaka were influenced by say, Romans or Vikings, then maybe I'd have a good reason to make a Dasaka.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

As for why I don't play in Kentoku is that, as a race, the Dasaka bore me. They seem to be a combination of Amazons and various Asian cultures. Honestly, I've never cared much for Amazons and while I have nothing against Asia, I feel that they're overused in pop culture.

Now, if the Dasaka were influenced by say, Romans or Vikings, then maybe I'd have a good reason to make a Dasaka.

Pretty sure Heian Japan has like, zero presence in pop culture.

It's all Warring States era Japan that gets the glory.

And sometimes Meiji Restoration era.

And Imperial Japan as villains for all those World War 2 movies.

Pretty sure Heian Japan has like, zero presence in pop culture.

It's all Warring States era Japan that gets the glory.

And sometimes Meiji Restoration era.

And Imperial Japan as villains for all those World War 2 movies.

Arguably the caste system and the generals actually being in control leans it more toward the Edo period.

More Taajar characters, honestly.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

Rm7yy.gif 5ZCxv.gif Fg6i2.gif XdRcW.gif XnHTK.gif R4KHt.gif HIAEQ.gif C2fJG.gif YvuFW.gif W5NHW.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.