Which 2015 mask is your favorite?

Aanchir

Which new mask is your favorite?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which of the 2015 masks is your favorite and why? Also feel free to specify in the comments if you have a favorite color for that mask!

I put the Masks of Creation, Control, and Ultimate Power on the poll because I figured some people might really love those designs, but obviously the Mask of Creation is the only one we've seen in detail at the time of making this poll, so the votes might be a bit skewed.

My favorite so far is probably Gali's, but really I like them all.

Kopaka's Akaku Mask of Ice. It looks so much like the old version. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Mask of Stone. There's a REASON I chose that one in particular for the figure I built at the NYCC Lego store event, when pretty much the whole range was available to me.

Mask of Creation is definitely up there (it's a gorgeous design without having to try and resemble a previous mask), but everyone's going to vote that and the Mask of Stone's simpler design will probably be more versatile in the long run anyway.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Though the Mask of Jungle looks very little like the Miru, there's something about it I just really love. It looks even better in gold, too!

I do really like the Masks of Ice and Stone too. They are so reminiscent of their old versions, but with a new twist.

Tahu's mask. I can kind of see some of the original Hau's design in it, which makes me like the new one even more. That is why it is my favorite. 

The Mask of Creation would be a close second though.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This one was tough, but I chose Tahu's Mask of Fire; though the Mask of Creation nearly got my vote. In my opinion, the "Tahu Mask" does the best job of being a nod to the previous Hau designs, while standing strong as its own for the future. I think it also has a very regal look to it, which I like a lot. :pakari:

[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

I wish this poll was multiple choice. :P Of all we've seen, I absolutely have to go for Mask of Creation, objectively. So that's how I voted. But when I saw the topic I assumed it would be about what the first six options were -- the Toa's masks. And I see my vote is the only one for Mask of Creation, so looks like most people took it that way too. :P (Unless people actually don't like the MoC over one of the Toa masks??)

Of the Toa masks, I have to go with Kopaka's. It's the best retrofit of the original, IMO (including of all the retrofits in old Bionicle).

Lewa's mask is a close second, but is more like a total redesign. :shrugs:

Third would be Tahu's methinks.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It would have to be Tahu's mask of fire. Initially I was skeptical because the cover art made the mask seem really bulky, but seeing it in 3D really dispelled any criticisms I've had of it. It's also very Tahu-ish. Just as the Lhikan Hau gave a very Lhikan feel, this new mask gives a very distinct Tahu feel. It's exactly as I'd envision the difference between Tahu's face and Lhikans if both were going to show up in a movie. 

I favor Gali's new Mask of Water out of all them, because while it may not closely resemble the original version of itself as much as most of the other new masks, I feel it suits Gali and I love how it is designed to have water goggles over the face of it.

Edited by Rooster Nui

I voted for the Mask of Creation, though the Masks of Fire & Stone are very close seconds. I also would love to see the Masks of Fire & Stone in different colors... especially blue, yellow, & silver. (If only there were mask packs!)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

None of them stand out to me. They just look like cartoon versions of the Mata masks.

Funny you should say that, since they're all more detailed than the masks that inspired them. I would actually think the classic Kanohi looked more "cartoony".

• Upvote 5

None of them stand out to me. They just look like cartoon versions of the Mata masks.

Funny you should say that, since they're all more detailed than the masks that inspired them. I would actually think the classic Kanohi looked more "cartoony".
I'd have to disagree, they don't look any more ornate than their original counterparts, and don't offer the same sense of magic or look as intimidating.

I'd have to disagree, they don't look any more ornate than their original counterparts, and don't offer the same sense of magic or look as intimidating.

I didn't say ornate. I said DETAILED. The old masks were largely composed of a few simple geometric shapes, whereas the new ones add a LOT more detail—ridges, vents, cavities, etc.

The higher level of detail on the new masks is akin to most post-2003 mask designs in how much more detail the masks have and how fine that detail can be. The classic masks' simplicity was not a bad thing, and contributed to their iconic status. But there's no denying they were simpler. And as someone who dabbles in art, I can attest that that simplicity made them much easier to draw than most later masks.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

I've always love Lewa's Miru, and while this doesn't resemble it that much but I've grown to like it as it's own mask, so that's the one I voted for.   :miru:

...And it looks like Ultron in the new movie...

Edited by Dalek CAAN

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

I'm going to say the Skull Spider mask, specifically the golden one on The Lord of Skull Spiders' box art. I have been in the process of making a bi-pedal spider queen moc with gold armor, and, while her current head (a Scarox-type design with two golden Exo-Force robot arms (that have minifigure harpoon guns on them) facing towards the back, and an original Stringer helmet attatched backwards so it replaces the need for an Evil Brain) looks cool, I want to see if that Skull Spider mask would look better.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Mask of Creation. It is regal, detailed, imposing and I like the design. It stands out from all of the other masks. I like that there's writing on the mask as well. This thing is like it's out of a myth. I don't like the other masks as much, but I still dig the design of the Skull spider mask, Mask of Ice and Mask of Stone.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles