BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Donrioda

Rather than go back to sleep, or fight some training dummies on an empty stomach, Donrioda decided to do a jog through the hallways until whatever was going on in the cafeteria stopped. It probably wouldn't end well, not if someone tried overthrowing the tournament. She jogged a bit, before almost running into...well, what she could only assume to be a Matoran. At least, she thought it was. She took a step back, and looked down at the green-and-purple being.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone else would be running in the halls," Donrioda said quickly. She wasn't out of breath - having to run as much as she had certainly meant a bit of a jog wouldn't wind her.

OOC: That is Venom Huntress

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Zakaro (Commercial Sector, Food Court)

For once as the Onu-Toa spoke there was no cheer, just a cool statement of the facts. 

"As much as action is often better than inaction, there is rarely any innocent here. It was evident enough that Matoran was not in his right mind, and seemed to worship something less than good. I haven't ever heard of a good priest carrying around a dagger, let alone an obsidian one. Let me put it to you bluntly, fellows.

If you truly care for those you have left behind, then do not anger those who brought us here. If you do, you may not live to return."

• Upvote 1

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Crusty (Training Area)

Crusty rolled over on his treads and poked Dayeth with one of his claws.

OOC: A challenger approaches, Nato.  :D

IC: Dayeth - Training Sector. 

Dayeth glowered at the creature. A Manas? Was it.... challenging her? She burst into a fit of mocking laughter. Where she was from, the Manas species obeyed her. She'd even had some her as personal bodyguards.... until she'd replaced them with more capable beings. 

She wasn't going to waste her time fighting one. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Donrioda tapped a finger on her chin, and replied, "Well, it's some sort of...interdimensional fighting tournament. At least, that's what I think. A round just concluded." The drone directly behind her beeped placidly. She turned to look at it, and gave it an affectionate pat on the top. "None of us are here willingly, I think. I certainly am not. I got ripped from my own world, and put here. It was...unexpected."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

OOC: @Zakaro

IC: Edging his way away from the cyborged matoran, Skorm found himself overhearing the Onu-Toa speak.

"Well," the Twi-Toa said, "There's always one guy, isn't there. You would think that people capable of transporting us from different dimensions and implanting miracle devices into us that control life and death would be... less open to interpretation."

The times, they are a-changing...

She jerked backwards a few bio, away from the claw. What the karz? She lowered her weapon and sent waves of Dark Fire rippling from her blade. The Manas was huge, and the distance between them was short. She didn't like its chances of evading her attack. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Donrioda - Hallways

"Not long at all." The drone bobbed up and down behind Donrioda. She shrugged, and continued talking. "Not long at all, in fact. I barely got to eat a meal before being thrown into my first fight. And I'm starving already from how much energy I used."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Crusty

The Dark Fire, as powerful as it was, did nothing to the Manas. It coated him, and the ice that usually followed was shaken off like dust by the Manas with an ice resistance power. Seeing another opportunity to attack thanks to Dayeth's surprise, Crusty lunged forwards again with a strike, his speed boost power wholly behind it.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Zakaro (Table, Commercial Sector)

"Perhaps," came the Onu-Toa's answer, as Zakaro turned to glance at the newcomer.

"I cannot claim to know the inner workings of our hosts' minds, but I can say from experience that those who try to make a scene do not last long, and those who try to make an escape are never heard from again. Perhaps they made it out. Perhaps they died in the tunnels. I do not know, nor care."

He stands suddenly, pushing in his chair and giving one last comment, sarcasm almost dripping from his voice.

"I am going to my room. If you wish to talk about something other than how evil the people who brought us here are and how horrid this tournament is, feel free to visit. Otherwise, do keep your opinions to yourself. I have made up my mind about the Bionifight."

And the purple-masked fighter walks towards the door, clearly annoyed.

AGoNWLR.jpg

Ic: Werl

Werl awoke from his unconcinous state, a spied the desceased body of a matoran lying near by. He quickly grabbed as much of the matoran's armor as he could carry, and ran back to his quarters.

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

IC: Olari's hands clenched into fists, that juddered with bound tension as she boxed in her growing rage. The table shivered beneath them as she struggled to contain herself. The fit of anger soon passed, and she sighed as though releasing it all in one single breath.

"I accept your arguments as logical and factual," she said with icy calm, looking between Lekona and Zakaro but shooting a quick glare at Skorm, "That doesn't mean I have to like them though. There must be something we can do other than obey completely."

IC: After looking through some of the recordings, Jorth headed to the training sector. He'd seen how some of the contestant moved via the fight replay, but he wanted to see first hand. He saw his erstwhile "team-mate" fighting some sort of large crab (...seriously?) but got too distracted by the fight and bumped into Zephyr.

"Sorry 'bout that dude," he said, "Oh hey, you're that plant guy, right?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: "I am Zephyr," he said without ceasing the slow, circular motions he was going through, "The Master of the Jungle, yes. You may not have heard of me, due to your misfortune of being born into a universe I was not. I am generous, and understand this fact. You may prostrate yourself before my glory now." Zephyr paused and opened his eyes to stare at Jorth.

"That was, of course, a joke. I do not require those who worship my name to bow. It takes their eyes from me."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Tahnok Nuva > Enters Cafeteria

Tahnok entered a large room filled with tables, at which creatures of all kind sat and ate. It didn't need to eat, however, so it payed no attention and pushed its way through the room, some of the inhabitants turning to stare at the large mechanoid striding through the room.

OOC: Tahnok nuva open to interaction.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Lekona - Food Court

Lekona sighed as Zakaro walked off. "Well, that certainly could've gone better," Lekona said, before turning, hearing Olari's response.

She still has a purpose...one not unlike the purpose that drove me years ago. I'll do whatever I can to help her get back to them. That will be my purpose. Its better than it just being trying to win this tournament.

"Right. It might be possible for us to take them down at some point, but right now, we need to avoid making these guys angry."

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

Dayeth had spent enough time around Rahkshi up on mount Ihu to know ice resistance when she saw it. But how the heck did a Manas get a power like that? Before she could wonder about it any further, the creature attacked, swinging its claw at her with unnatural speed. 

She adjusted her grip on the axe, pivoting the flat of the blade so that it took the brunt of the crab's blow. The sheer force battered her backwards several dozen bio, causing her to bounce and roll across the floor until she hit the back wall. 

Getting to her feet, Dayeth sized up her opponent. He had size and speed on his side, but that could prove to be as much of a disadvantage as it was an advantage. She focused her attention on the Manas, and waited for it to make the next move. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

GM IC: ELITTRA - CAVE TUNNEL

Elittra frowned as she rounded a corner and the ice vanished - if she did not know any better, she would have guessed that she had entered a different tunnel entirely. She narrowed he eyes as she spied a pedestal in the distance, lit by a single torch at the end of a tunnel.

"We've... found one," she said, her disbelief evident. "Be careful...."

IC(A.D.): A.D. followed Elittra into the tunnel. It was now wide enough for the two to walk side-by-side, and he edged a little to the right, scanning nervously for an attack. "It's a pedestal, not a gemstone" said the dragon. "Maybe they got this one already?"

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

Daedalus tuned most of what was going on out. Actually, he tuned almost everything out, especially the speech person. What brought him back to the land of the living was the appearance of the Host. No doubt he was here to greet the winner and give him his prize.

Daedalus' eyes caught sight of a familiar Toa. Zel'Sai was with that other Ga-Toa whose name slipped his mind. He stood up and crossed to her table, sliding in across from her. He sat sideways so he could still see the Host.

"Hello again, beautiful," he said to Zel'Sai, smiling. "Good to see you. By the way, let me know if you don't like me calling you that." His eyes drifted over to the other Toa. "I'm afraid I can't remember your name..."

IC: Zel'Sai

Daedalus suddenly sat at the table, greeting them both. "Oh... Hello." Zel'Sai returned the greeting. Then she turned to observe the struggle of the Host and a strange Toa... one she couldn't decide on what element they appeared to be. Maybe their element wasn't in her world. Anyway, it looked as though this Toa was losing the fight... if one could call it a fight. The Host was obviously already in complete control. Zel'Sai resolved right then and there, she would never attack one of the Staff.

OOC: Seated at a table with Daedalus and Ismekne, observing The Host and Phazur.

IC(Ismekne): "I'm Ismekne." She looked at Daedalus, addressing his comment, then turned back to the Phazur/Host fight. "Must not be a Toa." she mused. "Couldn't absorb his own element." 

Mentally, Ismekne pictured herself fighting the Host. He could copy her water powers, which wouldn't be much of a threat. The teleportation would be tricky, though, and very dangerous if she didn't act fast enough. Perhaps hitting him with her hammer from behind would work. Even if it only knocked him out, she could drown him soon after...of course, that was assuming that was the extent of his powers. 

Not only that, the Queen was probably mentally connected to him somehow. In fact, she could trawl the warriors' thoughts at any time, looking for incoming threats. If the Host was in danger, she would probably come to his aid. And Ismekne knew that she would stand no chance against the Queen. At least, not at full power. Mental powers wouldn't protect the Queen from physical damage, but they would warn her in advance of any threat, making her hard to avoid. And one Psionic assault would leave her very incapacitated. 

If one wishes to defeat the organizers, they must turn the Queen against the others. 

But that wasn't a necessary goal. The only thing that Ismekne needed was to find an escape route or win the tournament and be sent home as a result. Or just keep on living. But escaping would stick it to the organizers better than anything, right? It's easy to see - they love having power and control over us. Take that away, and well...

Of course, they do have teleportation powers, and chips embedded in our arms in which they can kill us at any time. Escape won't fix that. 

"So, what do you think of the tournament so far?" Ismekne asked, inwardly cursing the pointlessness of the question and the need for small talk.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Zephyr barked out a terse laugh, standing from his exercises , as he had reached a point where he found stopping acceptable.

"Ah, I see. Your jealousy prompts you to jeer, in an attempt to compare to myself. It is a sad thing, although not something I am altogether unfamiliar with. But, in the event your question was serious, my sense of balance is quite keen, as befits one of my stature and talent."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Artorre (Food Court):

Artorre winced as the dinner conversation turned sour. When Zakaro got up from his seat and turned to leave, the Toa of Fire held out a hand towards him, palm facing outward. "Zakaro, do wait a moment, please. I would hate for any of our group to part with the others on unhappy terms. Perhaps, while we all cool down, we could occupy ourselves with some activity rather that conversation? Lekona and I have become aware of some type of treasure known as 'Infinity Gems', said to be located in tunnels that appear at random on the facility's lower floor. One can, apparently, earn benefits by collecting them, as well. I was wondering if any of you might be up for a bit of spelunking?"

IC:

I was sitting with Vagust when the Host arrived.

As a result, I had a front row seat to an execution. There's no other term for it. The Matoran tried to do what we all want to do. And then the Host executed him. Right here, right in front of me. One minute there, next minute prone on the floor.

And I didn't stop it.

My blood's burning. I can feel it. Not like in the Arena, when the prospect of a good fight could inflame my spirit. Now, this is an all-consuming fire that grips my muscles, my mind, the very essence of my being. For a Toa this fire would find a way out, a manifestation of power. I have no such release. No lightning crackles between my fingertips, the room does not heat around my body. This fire has nowhere to go. But instead of quieting, instead of sputtering out, it grows. I'm not aware that my hand has closed around the hilt of my sword until I can feel my knuckles whitening from the tension, the fork in my other hand flipping between my fingers with frightening rapidity. 

I contemplate striking him down. I have little doubt that he or one of his colleagues would find a way to strike me down before I could. Despite all sense, he and his kind are stronger in this realm than I. But defending what I believe in... That wouldn't be a bad death. Success or failure, the idea of lashing out against this monster is appealing. 

I force the thought from my mind, but I cannot force down the fire.

I stand, sliding my chair away from the table and taking my tray with the other, dumping its contents into the trash.

"I'm sorry," I state, looking at the Host directly. My voice is at the same volume as ever, but it seems to reverberate through the room. "I've lost my appetite. Bullies sicken me."

IC:

Across the room, an entity seemed to stare at the host. It was impossible to tell for sure. Noroi's eyes were obscured behind the visor across her face, concealing both the angle of her gaze and the expression on her face. But it was impossible to miss the subtle shifting of muscle beneath the armor. 

Then she stalked forward, each footfall a clear sound. Her path was obvious, taking her directly towards where the Host had made his confrontation. For the briefest instant she loomed over him.

Then she crouched, and carefully shut the Matoran's eyes, turning her back on the perpetrator.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Tahnok Nuva

Tahnok strides across the room towards the regal figure at the back, its Krana Xa telling him that the character holds the most authority. As he pushes his way through the otherwise occupied bystanders, he snorts in discontent at the obvious lack of interest the majority of collected creature have in him. 

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Zakaro (Food Court)

Though the Onu-Toa remained silent, he did stop his exit and slowly return to the table, standing just behind his seat. As Artorre brought up the subject of Infinity Gems, he spoke with a crisp, cool tone that did not scorn anyone, yet remained aloof enough.

"I would not be opposed," he said, and sank back into silence, just watching the other Toa and the continuing confrontation with the Host.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC - Shixahl (Food Court):

The cat-like Glatorian watched the Host's 'fight' (If you could call such a one-sided affair a fight) with great interest, trying to glean everything he could of the Host's abilities from the meager combat. As Zangah, whom he recognized, spoke defiantly to the host and started to walk towards the exit, Shixahl got up from his table. "I am afraid I must excuse myself," he said to Cast. "Perhaps, if we are to meet in the arena, we can just pass each other by?" If the Muaka did not agree, then perhaps when they did meet again, the Glatorian could show him his modifications; it might instill some sense of kinship. Not here, though... it was far too crowded, here. The halfbreed left Cast sitting at the table as he moved to intercept Zangah, catching up to him just outside of the food court.

"I could not help but notice your... disdain," said Shixahl, speaking to Zangah in a low voice. "For what just occurred in the mess hall. I feel I should inform you, your resentful sentiment towards the tournament staff is shared, by myself and others... Rising up against them would not be an impossible task, if we had the numbers."

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel (with Lytrel)

She dropped her hands and turned her head to face him with a scowl. "Would you rather she get her claws on whatever is down there? We can handle ourselves; we'll be careful. We're supposed to be the scouts, remember?"

"Alright then, take care." Donrioda's stomach grumbled more, but she could do with walking around some more in the halls before grabbing some more food.

OOC: Donrioda open for interaction inside the halls. Feel free to (literally or physically) run into her.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: "I need something to take my mind off..." Olari shot a glance to the deceased fighter, who was getting at least a little dignity from the others in the food court, "...things. A purpose other than pointless violence."

IC: "Well good for you I suppose." Hmm, perhaps this could be worked with, "Though since you're so clearly out of my league how about you tell this lowly worm your life story, up to and including any notable weaknesses you might have. Its not like I could possibly exploit them, being so unimportant after all."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Zephyr smirked and folded his arms, leaning back on one foot to give him the perfect cocky-but-also-quite-skilled-warrior look, one he had unconsciously perfected a long time ago. This thing thought he was going to get Zephyr to spill his guts that simply? Zephyr was arrogant, even he knew that, but he wasn't stupid. The sorry excuse for a toa before him, however, might actually be.

"I don't like talking about myself," he lied, "But I would ask that you keep any and all bees away from me. I am quite frightened by them."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Skorm- Cafeteria (Commercial Sector)

Skorm got a tray of food, and surfed through the room. There were plenty of places to sit... but politics seemed to be fully in play here. Not too different from his Academy, really. Just here, the fighters were encouraged to eviscerate you. Should cut down on gossip, at least. He gravitated toward the Host speaking to Vagust. Couldn't hurt to see what a winner was treated like...

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Kopen - Queen's Cave (with Lytrel)

She just regarded the Toa as he pulled the mask from his face. Her expression was blank as she tried to calculate a response.

Finally, she settled on a kind hand on his arm, just about the highest point she could reach comfortably. "I didn't learn to fight blind by waiting for others to fight my battles for me," she replied softly. "Sometimes... you just have to face your fears and hope it turns out okay if you want to move forward. I'll be right here. The two of us, well... we can handle anything in there."