BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Sesdec - Arena

Hark! The sounds of noble combat! Sesdec remained hidden within his building to listen to the progress. That is, until a third mech marched past his doorway, bound for the same battle already in progress. Explosions rocked the area soon afterwards.

This was not honorable combat, finding an opponent already engaged and attacking in an attempt to overwhelm them! 'Twas time to attack to preserve honor in this tournament!

With but a rustle of pages, the Polyhydra slipped from its hiding place and crept along the ground towards the interloping ramshackle machine. Its forelimbs trembled, ready to put up a shield as the mech fired should he be discovered, while the sides folded up into a pair of blades aimed for the knee joints.

OOC: Polyhydra attacking fishers' Mr. Bundy.

IC(fishers): The cannonball exploded with a crash between fishers' mech, Kat's mech, and an incoming construct of...white stuff. There was not much avoiding the paper blade, but since Dr. Bundy was made of metal, the thin armor on Bundy's legs inherited a cut, exposing some power wires. "A paper cut!" The pilot proclaimed, pulling the mech upward to gain altitude. 

fishers grinned and pulled her shotgun out over the top of the mech controls, firing right where she thought the pilot might be. This mech design was truly ingenious. Yes, a worthy opponent indeed. 

IC: Virse - Arena

Distraction, Virse countered. An easy victory.

Not this time. At the press of a button, the scene around her faded into obscurity, as a wall of sand spiraled out of the ground. The Wrath became the eye of a sandstorm as The Ravage of Time activated. The minute grains shredded at the walls around her, as if searching for mechanical components to ruin. The Wrath's own systems were protected, by blessing of the Creators.

Now, let's hear it straight, she snapped. 

As the gun raised, the Polyhydra raised defenses of its own. A thicker layer of paper shifted upwards, forming a shield to catch and then discard the shells. Sesdec himself was in little danger, but any damage that could be prevented would be appreciated. 

The shield fell down, and the strange construct seemed to flatten for an instant before knifing up in one long blade, slicing directly for the mech's controls.

Edited by Click

IC: Terry Terrix (Steampunk Clockodile) - Arena.

Crunch! The jaws snapped shut with explosive force, even as one of the Clockodile's forelimbs reached up to catch the wrist of the hand punching down towards him, the hooked claws digging in to gouge at the metal.

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena.

He stepped out from behind the hardlight shield, striding through the sandstorm. With no gaps in its seamless surface, there was nothing the sand could really do to the Baterra Nui other than slowly wear down its exterior, You want to talk face to face? he sent, Perhaps you should turn off the sandstorm so you'll be able to hear me?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

As the gun raised, the Polyhydra raised defenses of its own. A thicker layer of paper shifted upwards, forming a shield to catch and then discard the shells. Sesdec himself was in little danger, but any damage that could be prevented would be appreciated. 

The shield fell down, and the strange construct seemed to flatten for an instant before knifing up in one long blade, slicing directly for the mech's controls.

IC(fishers): Hmm. Interesting. So the paper...wasn't ordinary paper. It could resist shotgun blasts. Boingy. The metal construct hopped backwards just as a massive knife came up where the controls were a second before. Such a nice breeze...oh wait. A grenade launched from the top of one of the arms, hurling the projectile at the paper thing. Shortly afterwards, a second grenade fell down from another one to bounce along the ground.  

IC Kat:

Quicker than he looks this one. The claws started to dig in, as did the teeth, snapping shut and crumpling the metal plating. It was rather like he was gnawing on me. I have pretty thick legs.

"What's this I've found?" I say out loud, grabbing his arm in turn with a vice like grip.

"Oh lookie there. Another fist."

The right arm came down this time, drills revved to full, ready to smash and rend all before it.

I fired a pulse cannon bolt at the torso, too.

Never hurt to be thorough.

Edited by Chumpu

Inside the cockpit, Terry winced as the second fist smashed into the side of the Clockodile's face, crumpling the plating and cracking the lens of the camera that provided him with visual data. "You bloody bogan...." he spat, cringing at the pulse blast that dented the heavy armour plating on the Clock's back, "....now it's my turn." 

Fun fact: crocodiles are unable to chew. Instead, they latch onto a prey item and perform what is referred to as a death roll, wherein they continually roll over and over again in order to tear bite-sized chunks out of the victim, which are then swallowed whole.

It was such a roll that the Clockodile now attempted to perform. With one arm still caught in a monkey grip with Fear Itself and its jaws clamped down on its lower leg, it threw its considerable armoured weight to the side in an attempt to throw the enemy mech off balance, and hopefully get that second fist away from its face before it did too much more damage. 

As it did, Terry focused his tread powers on the ground beneath them both, causing the sand to shift to the side, which would make it that much easier to overturn the other mech. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

Right foot moves right, now freed, planting firmly in the moving sand.

Weight shifts left, countering the pull of the quadrupedal mech.

Right hand: grips the mangled mess of metal, shoves right.

Left hand: pulls left, intent on tearing the limb of the croc clean off.

Pulse Cannon: firing again, at Mr Bundy.

Over all status: outnumbered but fighting hard.

Well, that was disappointing... The enemy mech pulled on his arm, and he pulled right back, countering brute strength with drunken stubbornness. Likewise, the jaws clamped down on the leg refused to let go even as the other hand tried shoving on it. 

Instead, he began shaking the head roughly from side to side, the movement causing the Clockodile's teeth to become like saws, tearing brutally at the enemy mech's lower leg, the crushing force of the bite surely taking a toll at this point. 

And as a final "screw you" to Fear Itself, he fired off the steam weapon, releasing a burst of superheated steam directly into the mangled limb. Surely that would mess up something important. 

IC Langmuir - Arena

I sat in the darkness, waiting. Listening to the sounds of the arena and making notes of patterns, normality and abnormality. For example, the not-too distant sound of rending metal and a sharp hiss, almost like an aerosol canister that has been punctured or crushed. Definitely odd and out of place. Leaving the shelter of the building, I move quickly from cover to cover, approaching the source of sound. No, approaching the perimeter of the sound's source. Instead of moving into the more open area the sounds reverberate from, I pilot Irvine into a tangle of ruins and crouch into a corner before opening the cockpit and climbing back onto the ground. I stay low now, working my way through the tangled urban landscape towards the sound, I identify three machines locked in battle. A large humanoid mech with some type of firearm, drilling apparatuses on it's hands and another device on it's other arm. A smaller humanoid machine is also present, they seem to rely on conventional firearms and explosives, not an issue with my Crast. Finally, a remarkably adroit reptilian, the source of both the rending noise and the loud hisses. Steam? Odd for a machine of such size, perhaps it had fluids based cooling or less advanced pneumatics in it's joints. Regardless, I quickly retreat, making my way to Irvine and reentering. From what I could tell, I would have the advantage in maneuverability, melee combat and defensive capabilities. Behind me, three blades are projected and hang in the air, quivering. Wide, thin and very sharp. Perfect for firing at vulnerable joints.

Piloting the Irvine back out of the ruins, I make my way towards the sight of the battle, opting for a longer roundabout route. Despite my focus on the trio of fighters, I do not allow myself to lose attention and focus on my surroundings, such a mistake would be grave.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC Kat:

A growl emanated from me, and by extension, the mech.

The heavy plating on the leg was holding but only just. Time to put an end to this.

Left arm still crushing down with pressure untold, and still pulling with strength beyond even my own formidable power, I fired a pulse bolt right into the already mangled side of its head.

IC-Harami

As Harami appeared in the Expansive desert, She took off her staff from her back and hoisted it skywards, allowing it to catch the faint rays of the sun. "With the power of The Sacred elements, I call upon the powers of Heaven to assist me in battle!" Upon saying the chant, The familiar golden light enveloped her body and her armour instantly appeared around it. However, Instead of saying the rest of her Incantation, she Hovered up into the air, Requiring more firepower to take down these opponents...

"Engaging Seraphiel armour!"

As soon as she said that, she appeared inside the golden behemoth that was Her Mech, before striking a battle ready pose. Galaxia Eternis was ready for action, and all who stood before her would soon feel the sting of justice.

OOC

Harami (Now Galaxia Eternis) open for Interaciton.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Terry finally decided to let go, pulling the Clockodile away from the leg and oncoming pulse blast, and instead kicking up off the ground with its legs and tail, lunging for the arm that still gripped his own. 

Edited by Locus

IC Velix:

Velix heard the sound and slammed a control lever, sending Breaking Thunder stomping back and nearly falling over. Hastily righting it, he looked to see Xara's mech flying toward him. He grasped a handle , and pulled it. Breaking Thunder's Slowness forcefield snapped on, draining EE from everything moving within a certain radius.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Dartakh (Commercial Sector | With Ravyn and Arkie)

"Sounds delicious. I'll have one" he said after hearing Ravyn's description about this strange dish. He nodded in response to his question. "I guess so, for we fought together in the last round. But that was only because we were in the same team, so it means bloody nothing, really." His eyes widened when the Fe-Toa in question disappeared. "Huh? What happened? Did one of the gamemakers grab him?"

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena | Piloting the Wraithknight)

After the initial confusion and shock Feli had climbed inside her brand new mecha. She had designed it herself, and the engineers' work was admirable. She didn't know much about these strange machines, for they hadn't been present in the last tournament, but she had quickly understood the basics. The mecha looked like a noble knight in a full suit of armour with intimidating and unusual weaponry. She didn't know anything about the designs of other mechas, and the Host had mentioned several dangers in the arena. She had to be cautious.

The Wraithknight leaped across the streets, its pilot constantly looking for any signs of mines and other mechas. Half-buried metal chunks were avoided, as were large open fields. It stayed near buildings, which provided decent cover, and moved towards the edge of the ruined town. The knight crouched when its pilot saw a mecha in the distance: gold and white, with wings. It seemed to be unarmed and vulnerable, so Feli decided to attack by firing a barrage of glowing plasma spheres at it.

OoC: Attacking Galaxis Eternis

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Virse - Arena

She warily watched her sensors as the camouflage field came down and... something stepped into view. 

This didn't make any sense. She didn't know any telepathic contestants, and yet this was was attempting to contact her. There was no proposal for an alliance, only a search for "knowledge". And there was no sign of aggression. It was a difficult call to make. Could he be genuine?

The Wrath stepped towards the strange silvery mech, and shortly it came within the protective eye of the storm. There was no point in revealing herself to whatever ambush might lie in wait. The Cleansing Blaze was trained directly on the mech, and Virse's finger twitched on the trigger, waiting for any sudden moves. At this range, she didn't like the odds of either of them dodging, but the Wrath still had a trick up its sleeve.

Enough games, she snapped. What do you want?

The blade retracted as it met nothing but air, avoiding the first grenade. The second was far more difficult. The grenade and the peak of the mech fell at the same rate, destined to collide upon the ground. Much of the Polyhydra's material was contained within, making it difficult to form shields or flee. Still, Sesdec pushed his creation backwards, and slowly it began to slide back over the debris, gaining speed as more and more limbs met the ground. But 'twas not enough. The explosive burst with shrapnel and fire, singing the Polyhydra's delicate structure. The construct seemed to recoil in pain as a living creature before rearing up to face its opponent once more.

While in a normal round, the Polyhydra has the ability to create cannons to fire bits of its substance, here, Sesdec would be able to create the projectiles, saving valuable resources for future use. The Toa within exercised his power, and the Polyhydra's shattered skin whirled into a set of barrels. Six shots soon followed, slicing at the air before and around his foe. Surely, they could not dodge every paper ball packed with the force of a protosteel bullet.

Edited by Click

IC: Arkie (Commercial)

I hop up, making my way over to Revenant and this Vortixx who looks suspiciously like how Dad described one of the other Outsiders- what was he called, Champion?- to me. I raise my slice of cake, saying cheerfully through a muffled mouthful of the delicious crumbs, "'cake's good. How's it goin'?"

VBWj75sh.png

IC(fishers): As the second grenade hit, fishers turned the mech to face the Polyhydra, only to hit from the side by blast from Fear Itself, sending the mech on an out-of-control jerk to the left in flight.

fishers pulled on the controls to right the craft just as paper bullets began whizzing by. Three fell to the right of the errant mech, one cut through the mech's left grenade launching forearm, one narrowly missed the mech's cannon, and one tore through the back of the mech's back plating, coming dangerously close to the pilot.

The Ko-Matoran pushed the mech forward, firing the Dr. Bundy's huge cannon at the paper cannons in front of her. Even for such a primitive weapon, it would be hard to miss at this range.

IC: Vinra

A wall of slow. Not good, not good at all. Vinra skidded to a halt, before turning heel and running away. Being close was not an ideal situation.

But she could hit from afar...granted, that was only if she could make it to a safe distance.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Haarnak

Having reached the Training Sector, Haarnak spied a fairly fancy-looking sword on a weapon rack. Entranced by the glint of light off the blade- Haarnak was a bit like a magpie- he grabbed the weapon, the length of protosteel far lighter than expected. Giving it a bit of a swish, the Ta-Toa quickly flung aside his rifle, then, in a single fluid motion, ran a line of dummies through with a few thrusts. "Officially my favourite weapon," he said to himself with a grin, snatching the appropriate scabbard from the wall and attaching it to his belt, sheathing his new sword. 

OOC: Haarnak open for interaction in Training.

VBWj75sh.png

The cannons whirled away as their projectiles made contact, and the Polyhydra was on the move once more. The imprecise cannon had bent its shell towards one edge of the Polyhydra's large sheet, making it a simple matter to avoid a direct hit. Seeing as the other projectiles were explosive, it seemed reasonable to assume such for this, and 'twould be wise to prepare countermeasures for the radius of the blast. Even as the Polyhydra reared back away from the landing, its limbs furled into a curved shield which diverted the worst of the explosion away from the more tender components of the construct.

The Polyhydra still stood, singed and rattled of course, but intact. Now it was time to attack again. Before the smoke had cleared, much of the remaining material had configured into another three cannons, firing another three shots. The rounds had proved effective in their last volley.

IC Langmuir - Arena

As I approached the last building before the battlefield, I paused, opening the cockpit and leaning out, poking my head around the corner to observe. Another machine had joined the fray, this one quite alien. I watched as it changed it's shape several times, firing projectiles of whatever material it was made out. Interesting. I was closest to the reptilian machine, it would be my melee target.

Reseating myself into the cockpit and taking a deep breath, I step around the corner. Instantly firing my three sword arrows.

• One at the larger humanoid machine, neck area
  • One at the smaller humanoid machine, center mass
  • One at the center of the folding machine

A scarce moment after they're fired, I charge at the reptilian machine, closing the distance quickly and raking my right hand down in a slashing motion at eight meters, sending a near invisible "slash" of repulsive energy at the beast's head.

OOC

Irvine attacking Dr Bundy, Fear Itself and Polyhydra with sword bullets, attacking Clockodile with Crast power

Edited to BOLD attacks

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC(fishers): fishers had to back up, away from the explosion, seeing the paper construct's burned shield reform itself into cannons again, ash falling on the ground.

fishers moved in closer to the cannons as they fired. One of the bullets finished the job on Dr. Bundy's left arm. The second flew underneath the mech's right arm as fishers raised it up, going though the hole made by the first round of damage, widening it a little. fishers could see the control lines from the panel to the cannon in one place. The third was a very narrow miss of the mech's right arm.

Immediately thereafter, Dr. Bundy launched a grenade to rest between two of the paper canons. The pilot pumped the pedals to gain altitude, hoping to go over the paper thing's head, and a sword thing flew between Dr. Bundy's legs, mere inches away from its groin area.

Edited by fishers64

There was no time to prepare another volley as his foe moved closer. Instead, he prepared another quick shield for whatever was to follow. The thick leaflets interlocked around the grenade, diverting its force away from the rest, though singed scraps drifted away with the explosion. And this defense left him completely open to the sword which suddenly impaled the Polyhydra down the middle. Its sharp edges easily sliced through the paper and embedded in the ground, pinning the Polyhydra in place.

The greatest advantage of the construct was its maneuverability, something that could not be exercised to its fullest while trapped in such a manner. Sesdec focused around the blade, shifting the Polyhydra's mass into two prongs. It quickly scurried back to cover as the sword came free to search for its new foe. 'Twas not honorable to hide and attack from a distance.

GM IC: THE QUEEN - MEDICAL BAY

"Presumably somewhere having his body rebuilt," the Queen replied to Kopen. "It would seem that, while we were gone, a new sector was opened..."

She glanced over the various files that had been waiting on the small table next to her bed, analyzing the contents.

"We have missed Rounds 2 and 3, and Round 4 has just begun, although it was restricted to certain fighters. Numerous incidents of idiot fighters trying to kill each other in the Commercial Sector or burn it to the ground... still being cleared of smoke... fighters attempting to murder each other in the Training Sector... a few new gems found... the War Games announced... we've missed quite a bit. This is a rather bloodthirsty group of contestants. Not the worst that we have had by any means, but... getting there."

IC Feraz:

Feraz continued to wander, looking for the Host.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Kopen - Med Bay

"We've been gone that long..." Kopen gasped softly. Three rounds gone. A small part of her realized that would mean she was down to three lives. It was a lot to take in, and she was sure there was going to be plenty more outside.

But there would be plenty of time to worry about that later. Kopen jumped from the bed and staggered for a moment before walking towards the door. "I have to go see him," she stated. She had to see for herself that Xaeraz was alright.

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector

Mirror raised one eyebrow as he watched another contestant cut through the waiting group and start talking to the Shopkeeper. They had been standing for a while in the dissipating smoke, waiting to be served. This pizza really must be something if Halken's sister hadn't even moved.

IC(fishers): fishers' mech soared over the Polyhydra. While the paper construct untangled itself from the sword, Dr. Bundy had one last gift - a grenade to fall on the other side of the newly formed prongs. As the Polyhydra skittered away, fishers set the craft to follow it into the ruin, hoping to guide the other attacking mech to its location. 

OOC: Still fighting the Polyhydra. The grenade probably won't work in this case, due to the other mech's speed in getting out, but you can decide.

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin had been looking at the Enforcer for a bit, trying to decide what to do. Finally he decided that it wasn't worth it. "I don't mean any trouble," he said. "Now if you'll excuse me..." he edged away, heading for the stairs. 

OOC: Talking with the Enforcer.

IC: Xara (Tonitrui) - Arena. 

And now I was falling in slow motion.... Cute... As I came down towards the enemy mech, I continued firing away with the fragmentation cannon. Slowed or not, they were still blasts of pure explosive energy. 

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena.

What do I want? he echoed, I want to know why it is your mech so very much resembles something made by my fellow Great Beings. Who are you to have access to such ancient and powerful technology? 

The fist slammed into the side of the Clock's head, sending the machine flying backwards. Finally retracting its claws from the Fear Itself's arm, the Clockodile's weight tore it free from the other mech's grasp as it crashed onto its back on the ground. 

Just as it was rolling to its feet, an invisible blast of something sliced across its head, scoring a deep gash across the armour plating. "Will you wankers go find someone else to bother?" Terry snapped, trying to ignore the numerous red warning lights beginning to appear in the spacious cabin. All of this spinning around was tarting to make him dizzy, and as the Clock righted itself once more, it took a lot of effort not to throw up. 

The pulse blast hammered agaisnt the armour plating of the Clock's back, scorching and denting it, and Terry hissed in annoyance. He fired a jet of steam at Fear Itself, obscuring himself from view, and began to circle to the left.

As he did, though, the steady tick-tick-ticking began once more....

Edited by Locus

The foot crunched into the plating of the Clockodile's side, and Terry reacted immediately, making the Clock's tail whip around with crushing force towards the leg he'd been munching on earlier. 

Edited by Locus

IC: Nisaduf (Commercial Sector)

Nisa wasn't all sure when exactly Riss disappeared, but the Toa did nonetheless, leaving Nisaduf grasping at air. 

The little Matoran stopped, and just kinda stared at the area where Riss had been for a second or two, before mumbling out, "...okay. I guess it's fine to go..."

Greatly subdued, she trod into the Commercial Sector, appetite and mood squashed all at once. She absently wandered among the stalls, drifting towards the merchandise section over the food section. Gradually, she began to collect items, starting with a little carving of a Pakari that the merchant claimed was a replication of a self-carving by Zakaro and passing on through a mini "TOTALLY LEGIT LEET HAXOR VINRA ACTION FIGURE HAX MULTITOOL ADDON PACK," a Make-Your-Own Toa! Kit that included parts and masks for Ten, Zakaro, Kale, Vagust, Sesdec, Terry, Langmuir, Riss, Fia, Dexund, Tirkah, Lytrel, Olari, Jorth, Yoko, Ismekne, Dayeth, Alisa, Donrioda, Kotak, Zephyr, and Xaeraz, Limited Edition (Non)Functional BladeBoots! (which were really just sneakers designed like Fia's blades), and a few various posters of some battle scene that could be determined exactly what they were at a later date. 

The Matoran continued on, stopping at a small stall that read "Pasud Palico's Perfect Poofy Pillows, Plushies, and Assorted Fabrics." She stepped closer, running her hand along some of the various soft things. Lifting up a blanket, Nisaduf was treated to the image of what she could recognize as Kale Ironshaper, but small and adorable. Chibi was the name for it, if she remembered her obscure Saturday morning interdimensional broadcast animes right. Shrugging, she took it. 

She turned to come across a display that was both extremely evident and yet hidden. It was perfectly positioned so that people walking close to the stall could see it, but those outside couldn't. It was the most amazing thing she had ever seen. It was Host, Queen, and Enforcer Plushies. 

The Nynrah Ghost was starstruck for half a second, just shocked with the audacity and yet genius of this, before quickly deciding. An Enforcer plushie found its way into the depths of her blanket, bundled up on one arm, while a Host and Queen plushie were both flipped over and pushed together like they were doing a double handstand, leaning on each other for support. 

Because why not. 

Nisaduf made her way back to her room and set everything down on a shelf or a desk or a chair or the floor and then stumbled into bed and turned on her personal screen, wrapping herself up in the Chibi!Kale blanket and propping herself up with some help from the Enforcer Plushie. She sighed in contentment and snuggled up, blearily watching the round. This was nice and comfortable, indeed...

IC: Bajets (Commercial Sector, with Halken and Mirror)

"Eh-hem," Bajets lightly coughed, trying to somewhat politely draw the Shopkeeper's attention. Even highly cultured Zakazian Ladies such as herself had limits to their patience. 

• Upvote 5

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Sparks flew as the twin fists ground into the armoured plating of the Clock's back. He started scuttling forwards, using his tread powers on the sand to make it easier for him to distance himself from the enemy mech. 

Tick-tick-tick.... Just a little longer....