Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

People don't have to use the same thing, but I agree, it would be nice.Speaking of coining things, I coined the prefix CY for anything crystal (like Cy-Matoran). I got this when I noticed that Friar mispelled "crystal" as "cystal".I am also going to coin the prefix BO for plantlife (from the word BOTANY).

Like for the Toa of the Green/Plantlife, as in Ve for Vegetables.

What about 'Ag', for agriculture?Yeah, nevermind, yours is better... Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Like for the Toa of the Green/Plantlife, as in Ve for Vegetables.

I agree, but more for its similarity to 'viridis', the Latin for 'green'.
Maybe 'Vi-Matoran' then?Hmm... perhaps this is getting off-topic...I know! I'll make a blog entry for the discussion of prefixes, and link to it! You'll find it here. (Now I'm the main blog-entry donator! Yayz!) Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Looks like I'll be returning to this little hoo-rah. :P

I think I speak for all of us when I say - DAEDRA?
I don't plan on bringing them back (I kind of want to focus on some new storylines...), but if enough people want to join them, I'll have no problem bringing them back. Parugi and EW are still around, correct?

character_37075_f.jpg

I don't plan on bringing them back (I kind of want to focus on some new storylines...), but if enough people want to join them, I'll have no problem bringing them back. Parugi and EW are still around, correct?
Yeah, but EW more than Parugi. I think there's a lot of interest in the Daedra reappearing. Eyru has just returned and he hinted that Greed might come back. And Makuta's side could always use more support. Emzee and I have been fighting off hordes of Toa and having to run away every so often...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Yeah, but EW more than Parugi. I think there's a lot of interest in the Daedra reappearing. Eyru has just returned and he hinted that Greed might come back. And Makuta's side could always use more support. Emzee and I have been fighting off hordes of Toa and having to run away every so often...
I haven't seen Parugi on BZPRPG in forever.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I always wanted to play a Daedra. Then again, if the other members return, I have no interest in taking someone's character. It's just as fun to interact, honestly.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Hmm, I guess that I could bring the Daedra with new incarnations of Pride and Envy.Yeah, I see that for once the bad guys are actually losing the fight for once, when it's usually the opposite here. :P

I always wanted to play a Daedra. Then again, if the other members return, I have no interest in taking someone's character. It's just as fun to interact, honestly.

I'll let the old guys who are coming back keep their spots and the open ones will go to whoever signs up for them. :)

character_37075_f.jpg

Golden Tahu Awards Announcement:You have until Monday to submit any last-minute nominations. Two important categories, Most Heroic and Best Evil Character, really need more nominations! I am now opening voting so that people who have already nominated can make second nominations!On Monday I hope to begin the actual voting, so be prepared...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Okay this post will be twofold, (three fold)? I can't be sure.First off I am apologize for my unannounced and extend hiatus of which I am returning from. I will make it up by activating some characters and I will be leaving one of the groups so someone has a chance to grab that position and so I don't waste their time.Another thing what has been going on? Status of the island and so forth? Basically I am asking for a recap here.You know I was thinking this post was going to be extremely long, go figure. That's basically it.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

-A settlement has been forming at Lake Pala. They may send recruiters to Le and Ta-Koro, respectively, looking for more people to join.-A bat-like species called Mystix attempted to attack Le-Koro with only five soldiers. Horribly beaten, and leader captured.- I beleive some people are attempting to establish a school of some kind in Ko-Koro. For a more complete recap, see the news section Emzee posts.

Ahem, we weren't 'horribly beaten'. Also, Mystix attacked Xa-Koro as well.By the way, as for the failure of Le-Koro, do any of you honestly think that I sent Ignotus to Matau with no idea that he would be captured?I knew about the floor. I sent Ignotus there for a reason.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I, too, thought his capture was more in thread with bad thinking than carefully laid plan; especially considering the Matoran could just as well have speared him to death while he was in the net, given how most PCs approach problems in an RPG. :lol:

I, too, thought his capture was more in thread with bad thinking than carefully laid plan; especially considering the Matoran could just as well have speared him to death while he was in the net, given how most PCs approach problems in an RPG. :lol:

Most PC's approach = Pillage, then Burn. Right?

Who are these Mystix guys? :evilbiggrin:

Some bat-people-things. Attacked Xa-Koro and then Le-Koro. Or so I've heard.

Most PC's approach = Pillage, then Burn. Right?

Nah. :PIf it's a DnD-like system, it's "I roll for initiative!" (i.e, see who goes first in combat).If it's text-based like this, it's "PC drew his sword and charged headfirst at NPC-1".Fire is optional, but encouraged. Looting is a natural consequence of this action, but sometimes comes first and is then the reason for the action being actually necessary in the first place. Necessity has no real effect on whether or not the action takes place.

Run. Run until you can't see them any more and if you can still see them, run faster. XDWell they're non-combatants so for the most part if they are military they might ether stand by and watch or guard against action spilling over.Now for those NOT military, the would probably react normally which is seek safety thus resulting in them scattering and running amok in the hopes of seeking shelter.Now that is not to say they are completely inept at combat. Everyone has a natural combat level of "Me hit, it hurt, me hit you enough, you stop moving." Some non coms who regularly wander through dangerous areas may have a basic know how of weapons which would allow them to defend themselves but they can't wield it with the same skill of a warrior who trains daily and faces a threatening situation regularly.Say for example you meet a trader on the road. This trader may have a disc on him. He can wield it with some skill which would be enough to dissuade minor thieves and Rahi from stealing from him. He cannot however, wield it with the same skill as a Marine Dead-eye meaning if he faces an actual warrior like a Toa or Matoran of the Armed Forces, his best bet is to escape as he is not on the same skill level in terms of weaponry and could be easily killed.This same trader however, is by profession, a skilled merchant. He may have an eye for goods and could probably tell you how good a condition the item is in and how much it might be worth. With any NPC, its best to assume they know a good deal about their profession and the skills that come with it and treat them like they're almost a master at it while minorly skilled at anything else.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

Mata Nui Daily
  • [*]Whenua to Pass Judgement on Murder Attempt: Whenua has been summoned in Onu-Koro to settle a murder dispute. Judgement and sentencing to be revealed next time![*]Maha Chucking! Kalama and his group of Toa were spotted at Golyo the Maha Herder's place for a small bout of chucking Mahas. What purpose this served is unknown but apparently it was a warm up for the Toa to defend Golyo's Maha herd against a group of hungry Nui-Jaga! The Scorpion Rahi were successfully beaten off in a dazzling display of Toa Martial prowess in which no elemental powers were used to combat the Jaga. Apparently a first in recent history! Kalama then was seen leading the unnamed Toa Team southwest toward Ko-Wahi. A clue to the location of the missing Kalama's Raiders?[*]Batmen in Le-Koro! The species now confirmed as the Mystix who attempted some sort of takeover of Xa-Koro which ended in some kind of draw in which no clear side is the victor, have attempted an attack on Le-Koro! Members of the Gukko Force scrambled and quickly quashed the 'invasion' with the leader now in the devious hands of Turaga Matau.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]