Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

No, Xara and Kat already had the Gem of Infinite Boulders. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I thought that it was the Gem of Two Boulders and a Ball of Yarn...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

It was the Gem of We Should Really Stop Making Suggestion to Blade on Skype. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I still can't believe you actually went ahead with the yarn boulder....

It was way too good to pass up. xD Would've been even better if I had've kept on a roll that night and had you guys drop your guard because of the yarn boulder, because the steel boulder was supposed to be right after that, and REALLY make you run. =P

Wouldn't the Steel Boulder have just crashed into the remnants of the previous three boulders and stopped? 

Wouldn't the Steel Boulder have just crashed into the remnants of the previous three boulders and stopped? 

Would've used the Yarn boulder's remains as a ramp...

I never stated how tall that ceiling was. =P

I always assumed the boulders were just big enough to fit through the tunnel, just like in Indiana Jones. 

Oh yeah, I think I was waiting for some kind of response from Exsequor before replying to that. 

I think I missed it. Yeah, it's a Library, stands to reason that you could borrow books. :P

Wow, is the gem we're after the gem of boredom? :P

Gem of time? Gem of two Rahks and a Skakdi?

Yes, I agree Gem of boredom sounds interesting :P

Gem of time? Gem of two Rahks and a Skakdi?

Yes, I agree Gem of boredom sounds interesting :P

What about Gem of Falling Rocks? Cuz that what's the cave's been doing for a while now.

Sorry guys. Took a break from BZP yesterday afternoon and didn't realize I hadn't posted for you before that point. Getting on it now.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Still have no idea how and why the tunnel is so untouchable aside from the floor. AT ALL. Please just explain it to me. Just going ahead and making impossible to break and create cave-ins just seems like a GM cop-out to prevent the players from going off the path and that frustrates me. Can it not be lenient at all? Just really don't want a control freak GM.

Also, Bohrok don't breath. At most removing the air would harm the Krana, and that's locked inside Tahnok's noggin.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Maybe because wanton destruction does not a solution make, and making cave-ins or trying to bust through the cave will do nothing but get you killed. Especially considering how these tunnels most of the time aren't normal tunnels and instead seem to reside in parallel dimensions of their own that only randomly connect with the primary dimension of the facility. Trying to break through the walls of the cave probably won't get you anything but more rock and will never take you to another cave, and all you'll be doing is wasting time.

Maybe it's to prevent people who have characters like Toa of Stone or Earth or such from just randomly doing whatever they want inside the caves to get what they want ridiculously easily.

Maybe it's because you're supposed to follow the path of the gosh-darned cave and have your character try to come up with intelligent solutions to everything that is happening and the only reason the staff seem to be being mean to said character is because your character never does anything but try to break every little thing in his massive bloody path.

*breathes in deeply*

Really, it's not the GMs trying to be control freaks, or anything like that. It's not them trying to stifle your creativity, or anything like that. There are loads of things you can do besides trying to just dismantle the tunnel around you, which is basically just an attempt to commit suicide anyways. Beyond that, do you understand just how much heat would have to be produced so ridiculously quickly to just dig boulders out of the wall or melt everything around you, violating any sense of fair play or realism with various other characters?

Beyond that, complaining about the fact that you can't play willy-nilly with the environment around you will not get you into anybody's good graces around, so why not just try to progress through the tunnel without trying to make it look like dynamite went off or an earthquake happened or magma recently flowed through it. It'll probably make things easier for you in the long run.

And please, if you don't do that, try maybe PMing the people in charge of this game or the person in charge of your quest, rather than saying every last little thing in the game topic, when it has no bearing on the rest of the game or the others playing it.

• Upvote 5

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Thanks Grochi. You explained things pretty well.

If Blade doesn't continue or resolve the quest soon I can take it over, by the way. Sorry you've been stuck in there for so long.

but their spirits

*sigh* I'm sorry. I won't complain anymore. The reason I went towards smashing the tunnels is because I couldn't see any other option, especially given that my character's only tools could not be used to block bolts of energy. And given that Werl's player doesn't seem to post often I didn't think of a Toa of plasma as a viable option.

I suppose I was overconfident in thinking I was in the right here, but clearly I've been in the wrong the whole time.

*my Bionicle representation, Drakua, leaves the room, shutting the door behind him with a sound*

waffleman2010.png

You were supposed to move forward, dodging the fragmentation bolts. You and Werl were content with self destruction, though, so I just kept on going. =P

Plus, there was a hint a few times, when they stopped. Indicating the thing's on a delay of sorts; one wave, pause, another wave, pause. Only issue is, you took that time to stop too... And I can't really progress you, if you're not progressing. =P

If you keep going, you'll beat out this pause and get to the gem, but, that's about it. You'll have your stuff all repaired after you get back, too, so no worries about that. =P

As for how to progress... may as well just tell you here. Blade intended for Werl and Tahnok to be able to dodge or run between the lines of fire from the fragmentation blasts. While the obvious solution would be to hide to defend yourself, the one that would get you the gem would be slightly more aggressive, an inversion of the typical expectations; the problem is, I don't know how clear Blade made this possible solution in her posts: sometimes it came across as sounding like the frag blasts were completely filling the air, bullet-heck style, except for how they came in waves.

And that's what I get for taking five minutes to type

Black-text gem quest post soon after Tira posts for Langmuir

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Hey look another G2 Matoran.

Name: Intavus

Species: Villager of Fire(G2)

Power/Weapon 1: The rule of many: enables the user to create near endless copies of themselves. This power comes at a price, as each successive copy decreases the users(and copy's) power and ability to fight effectively. If used sparingly, can provide a great advantage in battle, but if overused, becomes all but useless as opponents find themselves able to decimate apparent armies.

Power/Weapon 2:Golden Mask of Fire(provides toa level fire powers)

Power/Weapon 3: A large two handed sword

Appearance: Sort of like a G2 Jaller. MOC: http://imgur.com/pxUsV3U

Bio: Quite simply, He found the golden mask of fire, put it on, and became a sort of villager Toa. And an instant celebrity.

Personality: Arrogant and egotistical. Not used to fighting beings of his own stature or taller, given his opponents consisted mainly of small, easy to kill spiders.

Edited by Chumpu

Name: Iesua

Species: Islander of Okoto, Jungle Tribe

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental blaster bow - a crossbow type weapon, the elemental blaster bow is similar to the elemental blaster weapon wielded by the Protector of Jungle, and was indepently developed by Iesua based on this weapon. It holds three shots at a time, sacrificing some ammunition storage for extra power, and uses the element of air - obtained by being powered by Iesua with his mask - to provide some extra oomph to its shots, giving it greater power and slightly greater range; other than that, it functions like a relatively normal crossbow. Iesua generally has about fifteen bolts on his person at a time.

Power/Weapon 2: Hook-axe. A weapon/tool that is about 75% as tall as Iesua in general size, with the haft comprising about 40% of that length. One end, used more as a weapon than the other, is the axe end. It is a hefy axe head, that can crush into armour or cut through limbs with equal efficiency. The other end is a hook, used more as a tool, either for climbing, grabbing things, or jumping around between branches by swinging around them with the hook, though it can also be used to block and pull an enemy's weapon - obviously, due to the nature of the construction of the hook-axe, not at the same time as the axe.

Power/Weapon 3: Islander Mask of Air - less powerful than the elemental mask a Protector or Toa might have, the elemental masks wielded by the islanders aren't without some power. Iesua's is an odd one, as it doesn't fit the element in which he lives, but rather controls a separate element, that of air. The mask can generate small amounts of air energy for the usage of empowering Iesua's crossbow or it can allow Iesua to create small gusts of wind, to try to deflect slow-moving projectiles or surprise and push away an enemy. He can't use it willy-nilly without running out of his own energy, however, because that is what the mask feeds off of to power itself.

Appearance: Tall and lithe for an islander, Iesua is coloured primarily green and silver, with some golden highlights. He is very lightly armoured, with his only armour being on his chest, his greaves on his lower legs (so as not to impede the movement of his legs at the hips), and his bracers on his forearms.

Bio: Iesua is a relatively young and inexperienced Islander on Okoto, only recently having reached adulthood. He has lived mainly within the village of his tribe for most of his life with few visits to the other villages, although he has ventured out into the jungle around before, as his occupation was that of a hunter and forager, using his crossbow and his hook-axe to fulfill his duties. He did, however, stray too close to a skull spider nest one day, and angered the creatures; they chased him away and into the jungle, where he spent quite a bit of time using what skills he had to try and survive, without any supplies beyond his own equipment and hunted by Skull Spiders. Just when it seemed that things were looking the most grim for him he was teleported out of danger, and arrived in the Bionifight facility - not that that helped his frayed nerves any.

Personality: Iesua is generally friendly once you get to know him, although he is quite skittish and easily frightened, owing to his recent experiences, and doesn't have much by way of confidence in his ability to fight. He is also in some denial of where he is, believing instead that he is either sick in the jungle after having eaten some inedible plants carelessly, or that he's been captured by the skull spiders and this is all some vision they're using to distract his mind while they control his body.

----

As to the hook-axe, I consulted with Blade beforehand, and she said it would classify as only a single tool, similar to all the halberds and other such weapons we have here.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I have no Internet at the moment, on mobile at work atm. Xaeraz, Click and Elijah can share Langmuir. Nato can bunny Hryfon if needed. Click can bunny Ezezko if needed. The others are not interacting right now, so they'll be fine in time stop.

Edit, I will be making a single post though while I'm on mobile.

...but close to it

Alright. Hope that goes back to working soon.

Depending on the status of your internet henceforth, Lang will be bunnied by your fellow gem questers or myself.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Another Halkenverse character coming up! I'm nearly finished with her character art, but I just wanted to get this out there.

Name: The Lady Dajik, AKA “Mistress”

Species: Co-Toa, Toa of Smoke

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental control of Smoke. Includes creation, manipulation, and absorption of fumes of varying degrees of visibility and toxicity, as well as a passive resistance to airborne toxins. She specializes in stinging smoke bombs for quick distractions or concealment, which she can rapidly form and release over a wide area. Her general use of her powers revolve around presentation and maximum damage.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Air Pistol, a small handgun powered by Lady Dajik’s elemental abilities. Each blast of the gun is accompanied by a large puff of smoke, but is near silent. After each shot, the pressure must be built up again before firing.

Power/Weapon 3: ”Bag of Everything,” a plain leather bag that seems to contain anything Lady Dajik needs, from tools and keys to throwing knives and a long Katana, all crafted from a fine, if tarnished, protosteel. The bag runs on an energy to mass converter connected to the thoughts of the user, similar to a Toa of Iron’s abilities. It has a small energy storage, only able to create five smaller items or one larger before the objects must be replaced. Also has a function to teleport all created objects back into the bag at once if they become lost.

Appearance: As with any fashionable Dieselpunk lady, she wears a utilitarian grey dress, just as suitable for working in the shop as for fine parties. Her armor is varying shades of filthy grey, with hints of sandy greens and purples. She has a lean, almost sickly frame that towers over most Toa. Her mask is a powerless Huna in the fashion of the times, perpetually adorned with her working goggles.

Bio: The Lady Dajik was widely known for her extravagant parties and even more extravagant entry fees. Though she professed it was merely to keep out the “less desirables,” her already great wealth grew rapidly. She never lacked admirers or money, but she was always searching for something more. At first, this manifested as drag racing through all the shadiest regions of Metru Nui in her custom-built dragster. It was not uncommon for her to stay out all night racing or procuring her next “winning strategy.” She was a dirty cheater to be sure; those who dared to compete against her knew they might not come out alive.
Then she was approached by the Shadowed One. Her ruthlessness and greed had not gone unnoticed, and he wanted her to join the Dark Hunters. She couldn’t accept fast enough. Her outward life changed little after that. By day, she was the life of the party, by night, a deadly assassin specializing in the most difficult or delicate missions. Her odd habits went unquestioned by her peers who had become used to her sudden and extended disappearances. This made her a perfect insider in the highest circles of society, and that suited her and the Shadowed One just fine.

Personality/Other: Though the Lady Dajik appears personable and polite when surrounded by others, beneath the façade she is vain, greedy, and sadistic, accustomed to getting what she wants by any means necessary. She isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty, whether it be in the garage or the blood of her victims. In combat, her true persona as the Dark Hunter “Mistress” appears, peeling away the pleasantries and leaving only a brutal ruthlessness.

EDITED: Added Appearance art.

Dajik not approved. Bag of Everything is very clearly abusable - and even though I trust you, Click, I don't want to set that kind of precedent.

I know I said I wouldn't be submitting any more profiles, but...

Name: HAGAH

Species: Artakha Bull

Power/Weapon 1 and 2: Lava Sword: a koncerz built from the same technology as Norik's Lava Spear. While functioning as a normal sword, it also has the powers of shooting concentrated beams of lava as well as having the ability to superheat anything it strikes on command.

Power/Weapon 3: a szabla, usually used if his Lava Sword is somehow disabled or lost. In contrast to the thrusting ability of the Lava Sword, this sabre is a dedicated slashing weapon.

Appearance: He's an Artakha Bull. What do you expect? He does have wear a significant amount of decorative silver armor though.

Bio: There was a certain Makuta that didn't particularly trust Toa. As such, when the Toa Hagah were being created and assigned to the various Makuta, this Makuta refused and instead created a guard for himself out of various other species. One of his guardsmen was an Artakha Bull who would later be dubbed HAGAH out of his sheer dedication to his Makuta and to the cause. Functioning as a bodyguard in times of piece and as a hussar in times of war, he lived an exciting, but ultimately insignificant life; at the very least, he wasn't the subject of legends or anything like that. Rather, he was but a pawn in the grand scheme of things, to be exploited and forgotten...

Personality/Other: HAGAH's defining trait is his loyalty to the Makuta, having served under the Brotherhood for many years. Any Makuta, in his mind, is worth his allegiance, for it was the Makuta who delivered him from life as a simple beast. With his loyalty comes a strong soldierly mentality, his naturally bad temper beaten into submission by millennia of training and service. Though he is a follower by nature, used to taking orders and aubmrring to authority, he does have some experience leading small units of troops; just don't give him an army and expect him to make a miracle.

Hagah approved.

Name: Linear The Dimensioneer (and Shadow Puppeteer)

Species: Toa of Perspective

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Shadow Powers: Allows him to create shadows and stuff. He also creates a rapier out of the shadows that he names The Line.

Power/Weapon 2: 2D⇔3D Shift a.k.a. Shadow Mode - This is the power of Perspective. This allows Linear to shift between different dimensions of reality by transmuting himself into shadow. However, the process takes time and he must be touching a flat surface. In 2D mode he is limited to being on flat surfaces in 2D mode turning his paths into a platforming experience. He can also feel pain still while in this form, and light will hurt him. This is basically elemental transmutation but in a unique way.

Power/Weapon 3: Shadow Puppets - The ability to make and animate shadow puppets. Puppets last for a limited time in 3D, or animated, mode. He can only use 3 per round, and can only have one active at a time.

Appearance: A Toa clad in black cloth and leather. He wears a red headband. He also has a decorative Kraahkan.

Biography: As the only one of his kind, he has done much to survive. This led him to becoming a thief before he eventually met Chroma. Chroma was able to stop Linear from escaping by painting lines in the 3D world that became walls and barriers in the 2D world. Boxed in and damaged due to the bright powers of Color, he surrendered. Later, Chroma paid to get him out of jail, and decided to teach him about Perspective. When he mastered it, he began to use his powers for good and developed a taste for shadow puppets.

Personality: he perseveres and endures in order to keep himself alive. He also is brash and careless. However, he does have a soft side for Matoran.

Linear not yet approved. Cool concept, but I think Linear's shadow puppets need more definition; for all we know they could be anything from an actual puppet up to a shadow-crafted Tahtorak, so you should specify before we decide on it.

Name: Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII 

Species: Skakdi 

Power/Weapon 1: MetallicHideTM, an ability rumored to have been passed through the von Zakaz' for generations! This unique ability allows the user to turn exposed parts of their body into the toughest protosteel, although experts question if only one body part can be transformed at a time, to no answer from the family. The change time is nearly instant, but it seems it cannot change the shape of any part whatsoever, just the material it's made of. 

Power/Weapon 2: Laser Poker Vision: One of the stranger vision powers to have been discovered in recent times, all this vision power can do is poke people with lasers. More of a distraction or fake out than anything else. It is rumored, however, that it somehow also applies to the great game of cards itself, poker. Details on this, however, are sparse.

Power/Weapon 3: Madam Nikila's Fantasmagorical Lightning Binders! Shock and detain your friends with these high quality, 100% protosteel steam-powered handcuff-taser combinations! All you need to do is get one ring around your target's limb and click it shut, and the Lightning Binders deliver a 5000 volt shock, everytime! Being durable protosteel, they can also be used as highly effective bludgeoning weapons, for when your friends just can't seem to understand the concept of personal space! *Mdm. Nikila's Fantasmagorical Lightning Binders do not claim to work on beings with an affinity for Electricity. Effectiveness of bludgeoning varies depending upon person being bludgeoned. Do not use under any circumstances if wet.

Appearance: The Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII is a striking figure beyond her years, with a coal-black, custom-designed three part suit above a nondescript white blouse covering her gold, black, and brass body. Her sleeves, while not totally gone, have holes around the elbows with general rips spreading, with a matching problem around the knees. A magenta tie is around her neck, draping over her blouse, and along with a monocle that is nothing but wire completes her ensemble. Her golden spine's spikes are basically shaped like a Y, with a main section splitting halfway up and separating at a 45 degree angle, and her Skakdi grin is more of a sly, sultry smile, with matching pools of silver for eyes. She stands just a tiny bit shorter than Halken, to her eternal annoyance, with her eyes matching up to his chin. 

Bio: The Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII hails from the very same universe, the very same island, and the very same family as Lord Halken von Zakaz III, though she is the seventh Bajets as it has become tradition to name the firstborn female as such in the von Zakaz. While her dear brother was off adventuring and fighting almost every Rahi with fists (and several without), she was slipping through Zakaz's underworld, getting a network of interests set up to secure the von Zakaz' future, as was the job of every female in the family. All the same, he is her brother, and that of course means that she has an uncanny ability to find, annoy, and beat Halken every and any time, no matter the contest. 

Personality/Other: Bajets is female, through and though, and knows this very well. She's not above using every dirty trick in the book and some not to take down an opponent, although once she gets the Lightning Binders on it's usually the end. Although they were made with burly Skakdi in mind, it can be tough to apply them when your opponent really doesn't want you doing so. She favors knees, elbows, and headbutts, and makes use of it in tandem with her MetallicHideTM to create a wicked fighting style that hasn't failed her yet. 

Bajets approved. Skype character hype.

Alisa approved; Snarl not approved because he's an automatic fightbot by nature when Alisa is in the game.

Aw, no pets allowed?   :(  But fair enough, you make a good point. 

So here is a hastily-edited version of Snarl's profile that removes the fightbot-ish bits. If he gets approved, I'll keep him away from Alisa, and maybe some other player's character will adopt him as a pet....

Name: Snarl

Species: Augmented Energy Hound

Power/Weapon 1: Tracking Sense: like all energy hounds, Snarl has the ability to track anything, anywhere, by following its unique energy signature.

Power/Weapon 2: Empathy Implant: a device implanted into Snarl’s brain which allows him to generate an aura that influences the emotions of other beings near him.

Power/Weapon 3: Paralysis Breath: modifications to Snarl’s mouth allow him to spit blasts of energy that cause agonising localised paralysis on impact.  

Appearance: Maroon and red, Snarl’s body is all muscle and power, his legs ending in large, silvery talons, and his mouth adorned with shining fangs. Rows of silver spines run down his back and barbs line his thin, whip-like tail. His eyes blaze with a yellow light.

Bio: Created by the Order of Mata Nui like all Energy Hounds, Snarl was given numerous enhancements, and underwent several painful experimental operations.

Finally growing tired of the endless torment, he broke free and turned on his creators, before fleeing the facility and escaping out into the open world. He changed hands many times over the years that followed, drifting from one owner to another, being recaptured and escaping again many times over.

Finally he was brought to the Bionifight facility, a true test of his powers and skills.  

Personality/Other: Fiercely loyal to those he likes, Snarl is possessed of a high level of intelligence, despite being incapable of speech. Fast and strong enough to run down and overpower beings larger than himself, he is ferocious in battle and unshakably persistent, fully content to let his foes exhaust themselves before moving in for the kill.

Outside of combat, however, Snarl has a more boisterous and playful side, and has developed a fondness for Kane-Ra steak treats and Muaka munchies.  

Snarl is not approved on the basis that he is a dog. He's much less a dog than Krantax... but he's a dog.

I believe it was a mistake to allow a crab and another dog in (and maybe even Ekial to a lesser extent?), because adding nonsentient fighters to the competition is silly from an IC standpoint. I should've mentioned this before, my bad.

If I'm making a mistake here and "high level of intelligence" puts him on par with your average sentient fighter, the only difference being an inability to communicate, then let me know and he'll be approved. I currently read it as meaning that he's... like... a dolphin, or a parrot, or something. Quite smart compared to the majority of animals, but not equivalent to a human.

Reworked the profile a little bit; removed ability to absorb solid constructs, moved mental-shielding into energy absorption and then explicitly defined the physiology bits. Hopefully this is better.

-The Shadowed Sakura Blossom, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Spiritual Psychosis-

Name: Typhoeus Livyatan, Defender of Eris' Honour, Bride-To-Be of Apophis!

Species: Unique

Power 1Physiology of the Child of Darkness, Slayer of Kings!: Typhoeus is very durable and resilient, due to a combination of intrinsic toughness, heavy armour, and the training undertaken by a Warrior of Chaos. Strength and speed expected for something so incredibly large (nowhere near Kanohi level; just something around 2x strength and 1.5x speed of a Toa-sized being, and, for better or for worse, a much greater momentum when he gets moving), but he also certainly suffers from the natural drawbacks of his size and build; while he can easily overtake fellow combatants in a straightforward sprint, moving through areas full of obstacles and environmental hazards is much, much harder for him, due to size and subsequent lack of agility. Basically; big, strong, tough, and fast (due solely to size), but possessing all the agility of a slab of granite.

Power 2Kiss of Apophis / Chaos Devour: Due to a dark and horrible ritual involving an industrial-grade eggwhisk and dislocating one's jaw, Typhoeus possesses the ability to consume projections of a power / spoopy-bonkle-energy for the sake of glorifying his master. The target of his consumption must be generated due to the power, technology, Kanohi, etcetera of some being (for example, a Toa of Magnetism's generated magnetic field, a Judgement Cannon's projectile, a Crast's repulsion, or a Laser Vision Rahkshi's lasers), and Typhoeus gains absolutely no power from the consumption, asides from a sense of moral superiority. The “consumption” occurs when powers come in contact with any part of Typhoeus, and is usually accompanied by a cry of “May darkness take you!” or “My nihilism is well-founded”. It is worth noting that he absorbs the attacks of Ce-Toa and other Psionics-using beings just like any other projected energy, resulting in a rudimentary mental shield.

Power 3: Jörmungandr's Writhing, the Throes of Entropy: A fancy and thematically appealing name for Kinetics. Typhoeus can control, create, and absorb kinetic energy just as a Toa would control their element. He specialises in charging an object with kinetic energy to induce explosions, and is very skilled in the others uses of this power (especially absorption; there are few things more enjoyable for Typhoeus than absorbing one explosion to make another). Due to it being his only offensive power, and the reason for decades of training, his talent in the use of the power is great and his actions adroit. Hyperkinetic exertions are usually accompanied by dramatic poses and warcries of “Nine paces, no more!” or “I shall luxate every organ and bone in your body, in the name of the truest beauty!”.

Appearance: Have you ever imagined Predator breeding with a Tyranid Carnifex, the spawn of which mated with Azathoth? Then make it biomechanical. Predator/Tyranid/Azathoth. With the face of Satan and the shoulders of Asmodeus. But robot. We're talking 2.5 bio hunk of inverted-triangle-physique with the aura of Bronson and a body that would make Vitali Klitschko weep. That do anything for you? His mechanical components are the colour of ebony and surround him in a pattern reminiscent of the armour of a Chaos Marine who worships both Khorne and the Dark Lords of GWAR!, and his entire body is covered with subtle serpentine designs and anguine motifs of crimson and charcoal in homage to his master. Strangely enough, he smiles really often, and (assuming you can get over the blood on his skull-spike shoulderpads) is very pleasant to be with.

Bio: Hailing from a world where different species worship different deities and gain their powers from their divine masters, Typhoeus is the result of a manchild who serves his master with the greatest loyalty. Raised and reared in the Temple of Apophis (a God of Chaos remarkably similar to the Egyptian mythological figure), Typhoeus is fanatically (that is, maladjustedly) devoted to the God of Chaos, Darkness, Death, Pain, and That Weird Kitchen Utensil That Keeps The Drawer From Opening. He refuses to accept that there could be anything wrong with believing that a deity devoted to the removal of all order (even down to a molecular level), and views himself as a hero. He has suffered years of dark rituals to grow powerful enough to garner the attention of Apophis, and hopes one day to join him in a holy communion of pain and suffering. Apotheosis to the rank of Dark Bride of the World-Encircler's Assorted-Thoracic-Organ-Throne is his goal, and is unable to even comprehend the possibility that he might not be eligible for the position.

Personality/Other: Typhoeus is beautifully, wonderfully insane. He hopes one day to be the Dark Lady of Chaos and acts only to honour Apophis. Here's a quick little summary; he's the servant of a Dark God of Chaos and Agony who gets very distracted by cute animals and finds it hard to focus in the presence of catchy music. There's little more to be said.

With these changes, Typhoeus approved!

it does work, but it's the mask doing the work, not the voice.

Name: Colossus in Purple (AKA CinP)
Species: Colossus-class law enforcement drone
Weapon 1: an arm mounted pistol with extended magazines, designed for taking out with precision, not crowd control. 

Weapon 2: An sword that extends from it's arm with a serrated edge.

Power 3: Rocket boosters on the feet
Appearance: Similar to the CinS model, but with an Olmak shaped face instead of a Avohkii. It is also purple, instead of silver. It's also slightly slimmer.

Bio: CinP was a law enforcement drone in an alternate Toa Empire where Tuyet succeeded in killing the prime dimension's Takanuva. It was one of only six Colossus-class law enforcement drones (The other five were, as you can probably guess, CinRCinBCinGCinS and CinW) to be granted sapience in order to perform its job better- which it did, slaughtering thousands of rebels with an army of non-sapient Colossus-class drones and Vahki-class armed police behind it. This model was designed for hunting down criminals, and for criminals that try to get away by hiding. in this, CinP has a different fighting style all together, with melee involved much more prominently.
Personality: CinP believes in order above everything else. Although it's sapient, CinP still has to obey its base programming- which is to bring order. To everything. This version also has a female voice, instead of the usual monotone male voice.

CINP approved.

So...
Remember when I said that I'd be submitting a new character by the name of Revenant, and then included no details about him whatsoever?
Well...
Unfortunately, I felt that his concept was way too awesome for him to officially exist, and have thus decided to cancel his creation.
Just kidding.
Outsiders fans rejoice!

Name: Ravyn, a.k.a. Revenant
Species: Toa
Power/Weapon 1: Kanohi Volitak, The Mask of Stealth - Renders its user mostly transparent and completely silent while active, but does nothing to conceal his shadow.
Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Power of Iron - Standard control over the creation/manipulation of solid metals, though most notably used to redirect his weapons mid-flight.
Power/Weapon 3: Dual-wielded Macheterangs - Two double-edged, machete-like weapons designed to be used in conjunction with each other. Buttons are located on each of their hilts that, when pressed, causes the edges of the blades facing towards him to spring upwards and lock into place, revealing their secondary boomerang form. Due to this function, Ravyn is only able to slash with them, not stab. When not in use, they are found strapped to his forearms where they can still aid him in parrying attacks.
Appearance: Ravyn is thin and lightly armored, which is well suited for him since he is more used to parrying and outright dodging attacks rather than standing around to block them. Despite being a Toa of Iron, he has repainted himself mostly black and grey, leaving only the gunmetal segments on his limbs untouched.
Bio: Ravyn hails from an alternate future timeline of the BZPRPG. His father is Spectre (more commonly known as Verulas), thirteenth member of the mercenary organisation known as The Outsiders, and his mother is the Fe-Toa thief known as Septima. He was officially made the group's eighty-first member and given the alias of Revenant due to the display of his skills during the attack on Obsidian Outpost, a battle that claimed the life of Spectre when he stayed behind to detonate the explosives hidden beneath the repurposed Ko-Wahi cable car station, killing his arch nemesis Dravennica as well in the ensuing blast. He has since devoted his life to hunting down and assassinating those who took part in the assault, and was closing in on the Dark Toa known as Dayeth before being teleported to the Bionifight facility, an event that he is none too pleased with.
Personality/Other: Like his dad, Ravyn is quite pessimistic, and almost everything that comes out of his mouth is heavily laced with sarcasm. While he cares little for honor, there are some things he won't do, such as attacking people randomly outside of combat or betraying those that he's loyal to. When confronted about his past, however, namely the attack on Obsidian, his personality shifts to one considerably more dark and brooding. He's also quite understandably not a big fan of those who fanatically worship Makuta as a result of this.
Ravyn approved. Interesting weapons.

Hey look another G2 Matoran.

Name: Intavus
Species: Villager of Fire(G2)
Power/Weapon 1: Elemental blaster. Fires weak shots of elemental fire in rapid succession. wrist mounted.
Power/Weapon 2:Golden Mask of Fire(provides toa level fire powers)
Power/Weapon 3: A large two handed sword

Appearance: Sortof like a G2 Jaller. MOC: http://imgur.com/pxUsV3U

Bio: Quite simply, He found the golden mask of fire, put it on, and became a sort of villager Toa. And an instant celebrity.

Personality: Arrogant and egotistical. Not terribly skilled at fighting, given his opponents consisted mainly of small, easy to kill spiders.
Intavus approved.

Name: Iesua
Species: Islander of Okoto, Jungle Tribe
Power/Weapon 1: Elemental blaster bow - a crossbow type weapon, the elemental blaster bow is similar to the elemental blaster weapon wielded by the Protector of Jungle, and was indepently developed by Iesua based on this weapon. It holds three shots at a time, sacrificing some ammunition storage for extra power, and uses the element of air - obtained by being powered by Iesua with his mask - to provide some extra oomph to its shots, giving it greater power and slightly greater range; other than that, it functions like a relatively normal crossbow. Iesua generally has about fifteen bolts on his person at a time.
Power/Weapon 2: Hook-axe. A weapon/tool that is about 75% as tall as Iesua in general size, with the haft comprising about 40% of that length. One end, used more as a weapon than the other, is the axe end. It is a hefy axe head, that can crush into armour or cut through limbs with equal efficiency. The other end is a hook, used more as a tool, either for climbing, grabbing things, or jumping around between branches by swinging around them with the hook, though it can also be used to block and pull an enemy's weapon - obviously, due to the nature of the construction of the hook-axe, not at the same time as the axe.
Power/Weapon 3: Islander Mask of Air - less powerful than the elemental mask a Protector or Toa might have, the elemental masks wielded by the islanders aren't without some power. Iesua's is an odd one, as it doesn't fit the element in which he lives, but rather controls a separate element, that of air. The mask can generate small amounts of air energy for the usage of empowering Iesua's crossbow or it can allow Iesua to create small gusts of wind, to try to deflect slow-moving projectiles or surprise and push away an enemy. He can't use it willy-nilly without running out of his own energy, however, because that is what the mask feeds off of to power itself.
Appearance: Tall and lithe for an islander, Iesua is coloured primarily green and silver, with some golden highlights. He is very lightly armoured, with his only armour being on his chest, his greaves on his lower legs (so as not to impede the movement of his legs at the hips), and his bracers on his forearms.
Bio: Iesua is a relatively young and inexperienced Islander on Okoto, only recently having reached adulthood. He has lived mainly within the village of his tribe for most of his life with few visits to the other villages, although he has ventured out into the jungle around before, as his occupation was that of a hunter and forager, using his crossbow and his hook-axe to fulfill his duties. He did, however, stray too close to a skull spider nest one day, and angered the creatures; they chased him away and into the jungle, where he spent quite a bit of time using what skills he had to try and survive, without any supplies beyond his own equipment and hunted by Skull Spiders. Just when it seemed that things were looking the most grim for him he was teleported out of danger, and arrived in the Bionifight facility - not that that helped his frayed nerves any.
Personality: Iesua is generally friendly once you get to know him, although he is quite skittish and easily frightened, owing to his recent experiences, and doesn't have much by way of confidence in his ability to fight. He is also in some denial of where he is, believing instead that he is either sick in the jungle after having eaten some inedible plants carelessly, or that he's been captured by the skull spiders and this is all some vision they're using to distract his mind while they control his body.

----

As to the hook-axe, I consulted with Blade beforehand, and she said it would classify as only a single tool, similar to all the halberds and other such weapons we have here.
Iesua approved.
Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

but their spirits

@Chro: that was an older version of the profile; I made some (minor) changes to his weapons. Could you look over this?

Changed his armaments

EDIT: changed them again

Name: Hagah

Power/Weapon 1 and 2: Lava Sword: a cavalry sword built from the same technology as Norik's Lava Spear. While functioning as a normal sword, it also has the powers of shooting concentrated beams of lava as well as having the ability to superheat anything it strikes on command.

Power/Weapon 3: Hagah's body has been outfitted with high quality armor. Imagine this on his upper body (the helmet having room for his horns, of course); the armor of his lower "horse" body has a breastplate to prevent Hagah from being run through during a charge

Appearance: He's an Artakha Bull. What do you expect? He does have wear a significant amount of silver-colored armor though.

Bio: There was a certain Makuta that didn't particularly trust Toa. As such, when the Toa Hagah were being created and assigned to the various Makuta, this Makuta refused and instead created a guard for himself out of various other species. One of his guardsmen was an Artakha Bull who would later be dubbed Hagah out of his sheer dedication to his Makuta and to the cause. Functioning as a bodyguard in times of piece and as a hussar in times of war, he lived an exciting, but ultimately insignificant life; at the very least, he wasn't the subject of legends or anything like that. Rather, he was but a pawn in the grand scheme of things, to be exploited and forgotten...

Personality/Other: Hagah's defining trait is his loyalty to the Makuta, having served under the Brotherhood for many years. Any Makuta, in his mind, is worth his allegiance, for it was the Makuta who delivered him from life as a simple beast. With his loyalty comes a strong soldierly mentality, his naturally bad temper beaten into submission by millennia of training and service. Though he is a follower by nature, used to taking orders and aubmrring to authority, he does have some experience leading small units of troops; just don't give him an army and expect him to make a miracle.

Snarl is not approved on the basis that he is a dog. He's much less a dog than Krantax... but he's a dog.

I believe it was a mistake to allow a crab and another dog in (and maybe even Ekial to a lesser extent?), because adding nonsentient fighters to the competition is silly from an IC standpoint. I should've mentioned this before, my bad. If I'm making a mistake here and "high level of intelligence" puts him on par with your average sentient fighter, the only different being an inability to communicate, then let me know and he'll be approved.

I envisioned his intelligence to be equivalent to that of the majority of other beings, yes. He'd put rational thought before base instinct, but obviously, being a Rahi, he'd have a different outlook on life and think of things in different, somewhat simpler ways. 

So I'll leave it up to you whether you think that justifies his approval or not. 

Snarl very tentatively approved. He'd better be played as a being of regular intelligence who just happens to be unable to verbally communicate, though. :P

@Chro: that was an older version of the profile; I made some (minor) changes to his weapons. Could you look over this?

Changed his armaments

EDIT: changed them again

Name: Hagah

Power/Weapon 1 and 2: Lava Sword: a cavalry sword built from the same technology as Norik's Lava Spear. While functioning as a normal sword, it also has the powers of shooting concentrated beams of lava as well as having the ability to superheat anything it strikes on command.

Power/Weapon 3: Hagah's body has been outfitted with high quality armor. Imagine this on his upper body (the helmet having room for his horns, of course); the armor of his lower "horse" body has a breastplate to prevent Hagah from being run through during a charge

Appearance: He's an Artakha Bull. What do you expect? He does have wear a significant amount of silver-colored armor though.

Bio: There was a certain Makuta that didn't particularly trust Toa. As such, when the Toa Hagah were being created and assigned to the various Makuta, this Makuta refused and instead created a guard for himself out of various other species. One of his guardsmen was an Artakha Bull who would later be dubbed Hagah out of his sheer dedication to his Makuta and to the cause. Functioning as a bodyguard in times of piece and as a hussar in times of war, he lived an exciting, but ultimately insignificant life; at the very least, he wasn't the subject of legends or anything like that. Rather, he was but a pawn in the grand scheme of things, to be exploited and forgotten...

Personality/Other: Hagah's defining trait is his loyalty to the Makuta, having served under the Brotherhood for many years. Any Makuta, in his mind, is worth his allegiance, for it was the Makuta who delivered him from life as a simple beast. With his loyalty comes a strong soldierly mentality, his naturally bad temper beaten into submission by millennia of training and service. Though he is a follower by nature, used to taking orders and aubmrring to authority, he does have some experience leading small units of troops; just don't give him an army and expect him to make a miracle.

Ah, I'd missed that repost. Well, even with the changes, Hagah approved.

but their spirits

Snarl very tentatively approved. He'd better be played as a being of regular intelligence who just happens to be unable to verbally communicate, though. :P

Thanks. Will do. 

Welp, it wasn't obvious to either me or Werl. Though Tahnok is not the kind of guy who can dodge very easily, being a big guy. That is mostly why I kept trying to go for the impromptu shield approach that caused so many problems for everyone. The dodge then move approach really didn't occur to him.

waffleman2010.png

I was inspired by my second attempt with Chroma to make this. Prepare for platforming and parkour in BIONIFIGHT. And a new character for one of my many projects.Name: Linear The Dimensioneer (and Shadow Puppeteer)Species: Toa of PerspectivePower/Weapon 1: Elemental Shadow Powers: Allows him to create shadows and stuff. He also creates a rapier out of the shadows that he names The Line.Power/Weapon 2: 2D⇔3D Shift a.k.a. Shadow Mode - This is the power of Perspective. This allows Linear to shift between different dimensions of reality by transmuting himself into shadow. However, the process takes time and he must be touching a flat surface. In 2D mode he is limited to being on flat surfaces in 2D mode turning his paths into a platforming experience. He can also feel pain still while in this form, and light will hurt him. This is basically elemental transmutation but in a unique way.Power/Weapon 3: Shadow Puppets - The ability to make and animate shadow puppets. Puppets last for a limited time in 3D, or animated, mode. He can only use 5 per round, and can only have one active at a time. Basically he can make shadows of animals on a wall, and turn them into solid Shadow constructs, and each puppet has an attribute.

These puppet include but are not limited too (because these are the first ones I could think of):

Snake - Rope

Eagle - Platform or Divebomb

Spider - Webbing Trap (Shadow webs are permanent)

Bull - Rams into Opponents

Rabbit - Attack with cuteness and fangsAppearance: A Toa clad in black cloth and leather. He wears a red headband. He also has a decorative Kraahkan.Biography: As the only one of his kind, he has done much to survive. This led him to becoming a thief before he eventually met Chroma. Chroma was able to stop Linear from escaping by painting lines in the 3D world that became walls and barriers in the 2D world. Boxed in and damaged due to the bright powers of Color, he surrendered. Later, Chroma paid to get him out of jail, and decided to teach him about Perspective. When he mastered it, he began to use his powers for good and developed a taste for shadow puppets.Personality: he perseveres and endures in order to keep himself alive. He also is brash and careless. However, he does have a soft side for Matoran.

This is no Toa of Color, but he will do.

Will this work? I should also note that I raised the max to five since he's probably going to burn through most of them for transport. Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Ravyn vs. Dayeth: Round One.

Coming to an Arena near you.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.