BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Skull Carrier

"Well it is a good thing I won't be meditating anymore, with creatures like you around I want nothing more than to preserve my mind from further damage from your own intrusions." After a quick glance at the dragon while he spoke, stared straight into the eyes of the person who blocked his path. "Now, if you would kindly move aside so that I may depart?"

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: The Puppetmaster - Comfort Sector.

Tuyethamun's problem was her simplistic mindset. She thought the only way to deal with people was to either kill them or make them serve her. The Puppetmaster favoured more subtle methods of exerting influence.

"First, I want you to apologise to me and the others." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC - THE HOST - HOST'S OFFICE

The Host smiled as the Enforcer disappeared from his office. Within a moment, he spun around in his chair, pointing a finger out into empty air - where, all of a sudden, there appeared the form of Sandalphon. Although the Toa of Magma had been "called" to the office, on the Host's schedule this meant being summoned whenever he felt it convenient.

"So!" grinned the Host. "I hear you've volunteered to assist our facility staff in upholding order for a time? The Enforcer has requested a bit of a break. Are you up to the task?"

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

(IC as Agion, Comfort Area)

I had gone over my cloak and cane three times.  No poison or traps anywhere.  A booming voice out of nowhere was speaking about mechs?  And an arena?

What in the name of my creator was going on?

This place... it was a puzzle.  Except I wasn't quite sure what it was yet.  I threw on my cloak and cracked open the door.  Right away it stank of Toa.  It was a hallway, a vast winding corridor that seemed empty.  Toa...  My stinger was slick with venom.  I didn't dare use my cane, if Toa were hunting me down, I would need the advantage of stealth.  No, I wouldn't kill the unlucky fiend.  I would get a few answers out of him first.  On a whim I turned left and went down the hallway.

(OOC:  People can interact with Agion)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

IC: Minami

"It is a lost cause. I don't think he realizes what he did. Probability of an attempt to make him see where he erred his minimal." Minami looked upon the Skull carrier with a curious look, musing on the words he had spoken, before adding: "Probability of him coming to an understanding of our view of the world is... less than 25%, if my estimate is correct. Probability of vice versa: I am uncertain."

IC - Aclaraung:

"When I get to stop playing surrogate father I will be done with this attitude," Aclaraung growled at AD. "Or would you rather I let them all rip each other to shreds, violate each other's mental sanctity, and generally anger our patrons, and have you suffer for it in my place?"

IC(A.D.): "Your attitude appears to be making this situation worse." the dragon said. "I thought you had this situation under control a few minutes ago, but now, I'm not so sure."

"Say it like you mean it," he urged, adopting a more friendly tone, "I want to be sure you're being sincere." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Skull Carrier - (Dis)Comfort Sector - "Can I go now?"

With a sigh, he conceded. "I... Apologize if my meditation caused a furor, I never expected to be intruding on the thoughts of others," he almost couldn't believe he was saying this. "Is that servicable? I must say that an apology is the last thing I expected a being like yourself to ask for." It was genuine curiosity that fueled that response more than anything. His spiders found it curious as well.

Elsewhere, Spindle was less than pleased. The being currently holding refused to let go. So, Spindle decided to do something his species resented, and chose to ask to be released. It clicked and chirped for his attention, then motioned with its eyes towards the floor.

waffleman2010.png

He smiled jovially, stepping aside to let the being pass, "There, was that so hard?" 

IC: Skull Carrier - (Dis)Comfort Sector --> Commercial Sector

Frowning at the Great Being's rather mocking tone, he marched out towards the Commercial Sector to find a certain man-bull.

IC: Tahnok Nuva

He stood there waiting for the matoran before him to come to his senses and answer the oversized Bohrok. In the meantime, Tahnok looked around for any other contestants that may come looking for a mechanized armor suit.

waffleman2010.png

The Great Being turned to his companions. "See? Death and servitude aren't the only options." 

IC(A.D.): Had A.D. been in a better mood, he would have quickly shut down the inexpierienced and pathetic manipulator before him. But thinking slower reminded him of something else..."Weren't you in my mind earlier, trying to convince me that a fake Infinite Gem was real?" he asked the Puppetmaster.

"Like this one?" he created another illusory gem in his hand, flicking it from one to the other. If it weren't for the fact that everyone had just seen him create it out of thin air, they could've been forgiven for thinking it was real. "The incident in the commercial sector was merely me trying to discern how intelligent the beings here were. You just happened to be the first to reply to my test." 

The illusion evaporated. "You passed, by the way." 

Edited by Locus

OOC: Last post of the day.

IC: Kuro/Commercial Sector >>> Arena

After signing the form, I took off to the arena. I would find out their answer later.

IC: Aeolin/Hallway >>> Commercial Sector >>> Arena

~Hey, what's that?~

I wandered into what seemed to be a marketplace...or something. Probably similar to the Urban Region in my world.

~Do you recognize anyone?~

~No. Seems like everyone comes from somewhere else.~

I walked up to a place where people were signing forms.

~Well then. This will be interesting. Hey are these-?~

~For mechs? Yeah. Y'know, Flash and Slugger had a great mech. Maybe we can sign up.~

~Not now. Focus. We have to get to the arena.~

I headed out following a few of the fighters. Perhaps they knew their way around better than I.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC - Artorre (Tunnel - Gem of Randomness):

The Ta-Toa blinked several times. "That certainly was..." He paused for a few moments, looking for the right words.

"Something."

With that, he spun on his heel, headed for the exit and, eventually, the cafeteria.

IC - Shixahl (Knowledge Sector):

Standing up from his extended reading session, Shixahl heard the announcement as it played all over the facility. Aware that his opting out of the last round had left him with only 6 lives, he thought it prudent to play along with the next one.

Instead of voicing his desire to stay out of the round, he commented to himself on what he had read. "My, I sure did read for a long time", he said, his voice resounding unusually loudly, thanks to the relative quietness of the library.

IC - Ardian (Med Bay):

Ardian began to wake up towards the tail-end of the Host's announcement. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he registered that a third round was to begin shortly. Then, as he continued to regain consciousness, more pressing matters came to the front of his thoughts; specifically, the imposition he had placed upon Virse. He sat up, his still-aching head causing him to wince as he did so.

Unable to find more fitting words, he merely said, "Sorry about that..."

With that out of the way, however, it occurred to him that his contract ability would probably be starting to run low; he made a mental note to kiss a guy at some point before the round started.

Maybe he could guilt into it the organic for whom he had tanked a punch.

IC - Lierdon (Knowledge Sector):

The tan Skakdi heard the round announcement as he was entering the library. Exciting! He thought to himself. He'd encountered several people that might not immediately try to kill him: The gelatin, the Toa, he assumed, of Ice-- especially the other Toa, who had suffered a breakdown. He'd try and team up with them, for now, and not stab them in the back until much later; this tournament, what with its supposed reviving of the dead, made long-term investments in gaining trust a must.

He looked around the library, hoping to find someone else to interact with before the round started.

OOC: Lierdon open for interaction. Also, if I could finally get some word on what Shixahl might have found in his search for information on the tournament, and subjects to related to it, that would be great.

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

IC(A.D): The dragon snorted. "Oh, please. If people in my universe couldn't see through manipulation like that, we'd all be dead by now. Don't try to flatter me."

He then paused, looking back at the Skull Carrier. "It's a shame that he couldn't notice that you reduced him to a child with your words."

"Like I said, you passed," he turned away from the dragon to watch the primitive walking away, "he did not." 

(*snaps fingers* Puppetmaster is good at what he does, but he he loses points for manipulating the brainwashed and crazy)

IC: Skull Carrier - Commercial - Finding an Ally

As soon as he entered the food court, he saw the telltale bull head sticking out like a sore thumb. The old villager walked up to the bull, entirely set on having a good conversation with an actually reasonable chap. "HAGAH, I see you are still here. Haven't you heard the news from our Host?"

waffleman2010.png

IC: Virse - Med Bay

Nine suddenly began to sit up, and Virse was at his side in an instant, her eyes filled with concern. "Thank the Great Beings you're alright!" she gasped. "...don't worry about it, I've pledged my service to the Great Beings..., and, by extension... Av-Toa as well. It is my... privilege to assist you."

IC(A.D): The dragon scratched his head. "I don't think anyone's mental sanctity is at stake, nor will there be shredded remains for our patrons to remove." he said to Aclarung. I don't think the Puppetmaster's antics are a threat to us yet, but think keeping an eye on him might be good. He's not trustworthy, for obvious reasons. "Manipulation is just another form of subjugation." A.D. said to the Puppetmaster. "Less violent than mind control, but still subjugation nonetheless."

"I'm not the called The Puppetmaster for nothing," he said sanguinely, "mind control is so.... lazy. But manipulation takes time, and effort, and skill. Like a game of strategy, but using living beings as the pieces." 

• Upvote 1

IC: Tomo (as Coco)

At the top of the pile of things was this letter:

Dear Naona,

I apologize for startling you earlier today. I'm not sure what sort of experiences you've had with Makuta in the universe you come from; regardless, it is with utmost solemness that I give this apology and ask for forgiveness.

Where I come from, Makuta are a species of Light and benevolence, but only after extensive training from the Great Beings. However, I am aware that in most universes, they are aligned to the element of Shadow, as my liaisons with one such Makuta, Miras, have revealed. From what I know of the Makuta of other universes, they have the tendencies to assume positions of power and become malicious autocrats, rather than the Stewards of the People that the Makuta of my universe are.

With this letter I've asked a book cataloguing the major universes this Bionifight tournament has recorded to be delivered to you, with a bookmark on my own universe. I've also attached a book explaining the biology of the Makuta species post antidermis evolution, in case you will have to face them in the upcoming Arena fight - and you most likely will.

Finally, I've brought your hot chocolate. Couldn't forget that, could I? I've also bought a chocolate donut for you. Chocolate is really delicious.

Sincerely,

Dame Makuta Tomo, Marquess of Tajun District 2, Servant of the Great Being Velika

Underneath the letter were two books:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Multiverse, Volume 1, by The Man Without a Country, AKA Smada Salguod.

On the Nature of Makuta, by Angonce.

Beside stack of books was a large paper cup of hot chocolate and a chocolate dip donut in a paper takeout box.

All of these items were supported on a grey plastic cafeteria tray.

• Upvote 2

IC: Arkrax - Knowledge Sector

The robot had not responded to his affirmation, but it appeared he might have a new ally. Arkrax gave him a brief nod and floated back into the Knowledge Sector.

The Host's message still played through his memory banks. The next round was beginning soon. Perhaps it would be prudent to ensure his data was up to date.

Fortunately, his former allies had moved on, again without seeing him. His skills were not destined to be used for evil. His projection flickered and vanished, leaving his box free to set down on a tablet. Data swirled through his storage once again. Names. Species. Appearance. Some powers. The most interesting pieces still lay locked behind an impenetrable firewall. Perhaps, with some assistance, he could discover more about this tournament. He was not the only being who could manipulate data.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

IC - Ilyin:

While Langmuir and Halken fought, I hefted my axe, following along behind the begging Mirror. I had no intentions to attack him unless he attacked first - or unless I saw proof that he had a gem or had hidden a gem away. Now, I would just stalk him, and find the truth of what he and Langmuir had found. Then, once we did come by the gem, then I would force Mirror to either work with me or suffer the consequences.

I'd rather not have to hurt a team mate, but I would if he betrayed me.

IC - Praggos:

"Why do you speak so oddly?" Praggos asked the Toa who had just come in, before looking to Naona. "Yes, I do believe a round is about to start." Then he looked down at the squeaking Spindle, and frowned. "Oh, don't worry. I'll only be gone in the arena a little while, you won't miss me too much."

IC - Aclaraung:

Aclaraung watched closely as the Skull Carrier left, before turning his attention to the conversation between AD and Puppetmaster. "Our little Queenling here was wanting to make that primitive into nothing but cannon fodder, while he was brushing against and trying to get into our minds without even noticing it," he growled at AD. "And then these two decided to start fighting. Somebody was getting riped to shreds, somehow, if there was no intervention...and our Puppetmaster here was unwilling to do that." He turned his glare onto the Puppetmaster.

"Beyond that, my attitude served exactly what I wanted it to. Everybody stopped fighting and now we can all hopefully go somewhere where we fit, if we want to continue this conversation." And hopefully I can find the Host, he thought to himself. Or at least that Enforcer.

IC - Vagust:

"Another round, so soon?" Vagust muttered to Kotak, while Exsequor was (hopefully) being taken care of by medical staff. "Ah well, I suppose there's nothing wrong with that. Should we stay in or should we opt out, eh?"

IC - Iesua:

Glad that his ordeal was over, Iesua exited the tunnel with the others, only to hear the announcement of a round starting.

"Oh, no," he muttered, shaking his head. "I don't want to do this. I'm opting out." Hopefully Ten, Artorre, Nisa, or Intavus wouldn't look at him like a coward for opting out.

IC - Seven:

Seven had dropped away from the conversation in the center of the Commercial Sector, instead getting some cooked (uggh) food to sustain him for a short while...and his eyes brightened when the announcement of a new round starting came over the intercom. "Wonderful," he growled to himself, devouring his steak faster than most other beings could blink. "This should be fun."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

GM IC: SHIXAHL - KNOWLEDGE SECTOR

It appeared that the hours he had spent within the Knowledge Sector may prove beneficial to Shixahl after all. While he had only found basic histories of previous Bionifight tournaments, a small slip of paper fell out of the final book he had been reading. If he picked it up, he would see the following:

Code: 9 0 3 7 7 8

OOC: Quest + Elittra updates coming later.

• Upvote 1

IC: Tomo (as Coco)

"It is considered rude to address oneself in the First Person where this one comes from. Its culture believes it to be a sign of arrogance. But this standard only applies to this one's people, for some strange reason."

... Yeah. I'm just making up a load of right now.

• Upvote 1

IC: Ten

Yep. It was over. Ten stood out in the hallway with everyone else, and listened to the announcement. "Huh. New round. I'm certainly going into that, though I should show someone the Gem. Probably the Enforcer. They're pretty chill about these things." He tossed the blue, oddly bulbous gem in the air, and caught it in his hand. When Iesua said he was opting out, Ten shot him a questioning glance, before nodding. "You need rest before fighting, yeah. Just know you won't be able to sit out forever."

IC: Donrioda

Well...Donrioda was sleeping in her bed. Again. There wasn't much else to do, after all. Just had to wait for the next round. At least she ate.

IC: Vinra

Vinra sat quietly in her room, fiddling with her fancy HACKER MULTITOOL. She was upset. It was missing key features! Her HDMI dongle was gone! The firewall projector got removed! She didn't have her energy grenades, only the blasts! She tapped away at the keyboard, hoping to find some wireless signal to latch onto and use to worm into a mainframe. After all, she could hack anything.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: CinS (Commercial-->Medical-->Comfort)

Having tramped down to the Medical Bay, CinS' gun is repaired and fully functional. Having nothing better to do, the colossus leans itself up against a wall.

[standby mode: Y/N]

[Y]

Its eyes begin to slowly dim until they become small slits of red light, conserving energy for the upcoming round.

IC: Haarnak and Vorzin (Med bay)

Haarnak, his wounds having been alleviated slightly by the medical staff, turned over to find a wyvern slumped on a bed on the other side of the room. "What happened to you then?" the Ta-Toa said surprisingly jovially for someone who had recently had a halberd stuck in them.

Said wyvern- Vorzin- raised a draconian eyebrow and, speaking warily and stiffly, replied "Exploding bullets in the commercial sector. At least ten dead."

"Any idea where I can get myself some of these bullets?" Haarnak asked, looking towards his rifle.

"Try asking the two robots that have them."

IC: Miras

I continue walking down the hallway aimlessly.

IC: Arkie (Hallways)

Mental note to self: don't go up against Gamma in the arena without backup.

OOC: CinS, Miras and Arkie open for interaction.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Zakaro (Training Sector)

"I'll sit out if you guys do," Zakaro said from his position on the wall. 

"Otherwise, I'm heading in. And no, I don't care about how...."

He stopped for a second, staring into space, before jumping and refocusing.

"..tired I may be."

"....hey, I've nearly slept through a round before. Almost won too. Don't ask, I don't know how either. I wasn't the best at it, though. Once saw a guy that literally won a round or two while asleep. That was Karz'n amazing."

IC: Nisaduf (Hallway)

"Oh, bright electric lightning! I thought I'd never see you again! And a new round too? Oh boy oh boy! That means I'm going to get up close and personal with everybody and it's going to be amazing and great and sweet and amazing and yeess!"

This would be the true test of the Illusion's powers! Disguise, attack, backstabbing, manipulation! It was going to be as amazing as Ten, and that was saying something indeed!

IC: Bajets (Comfort Sector)

"Ah, the round is soon to begin. Good. Perhaps this way we'll have less altercations within the facility."

Her opponents would have no idea what hit them. Just how Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII liked it. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Feltzer: Comfort sector-Commercial sector.

"Ugh...Is it time yet?

Feltzer didn't spend all the time sleeping, as his body refused to slumber anymore.

Instead of making a big deal about it, he layed in bed and stayed quiet.

Now his patience was wearing thin, and in effort to pass time went to the Commercial sector and stuffed food into his Helmet, his way of eating.

IC: Miras (Commercial Sector)

"It's a bad idea eating here, organic," I say, gesturing at the current, bombsite-esque state of the Sector. "Multiple fragments of shrapnel will have entered that food, not to mention the blood on the table."

I sit down opposite this Toa, smug in my status as a being of gaseous Antidermis- no sleep is required, nor food, nor do I need fear disease.

OOC: Miras interacting with Feltzer.

VBWj75sh.png

Feltzer: Commercial Sector.

"Oh, if you only knew how bored I am."

"I'm not even eating this, just stuffing this in my helmet."

Feltzer then took off the helmet, which revealed a smaller helmet underneath and shaked it, with all the food he "eaten" falling out. Putting it back on, he faced the being and asked

"But while you're here, can you tell me where I am? And to get this out of the way, I'm Feltzer."