BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Dartakh (Arena, Team Muaka)

I hear an ominous sound of cracking and creaking in the distance, and I know it's not the sound of a building collapsing. It's the giant sphere around us that seems to be breaking, letting in the masses of water and drown us all. Karzahni, who caused this? I swear I will strangle their bleeding corpses! Why did this round take place under water? Why!?

*ROAR*

---

I'm alive. But I'm still under water in the arena, not in the facility. I hate drowning, the overwhelming feeling of helplessness, the inevitabilty of death.. But it's over now. I can breathe water, somehow. Well, at least I'm not a bad swimmer, thanks to the training in the Shadowknife. Ah, the Toa is still nearby. "Yes. Have you seen my weapons? I dropped them when water struck me like a battering ram." It's surreal how we can talk to each other under water..

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena, Team Tarakava)

Ismekne would receive no response: she was lying unconscious on the ground.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Open for interaction, whether it be with a member of team Muaka or team Tarakava.

IC (As Fulmen) (Arena) (Team Muaka): Fulmen turned around to see a crack growing in the bubble. "Oh no... It's coming back..."  the Vo-Toa's world was enveloped in a blue swirl as he was pushed by a gushing wave. The toa of lightning flailed helplessly as the tsunami thrashed him around. The Vo-Toa choked on the water as he gasped for air and struggled to reach the surface, just like he did when he was a matoran. He had no idea that the water would mutate him and allow him to breathe the liquid, but the toa of lightning had no knowledge of the pit mutagen and instead of calming down and allowing the mutagen to run its course, Fulmen kept struggling in the water, wasting his precious oxygen. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Mirror - Arena (Team Tarakava)

OOC: Mirror open to interaction

IC: The Wyrm - Team Muaka.

Thanks to his chameleon powers, The Wyrm was a phantom, floating near-invisible in the dark blue-black water. He drifted down from his perch atop the spire and spotted another glowing blue Tarakava sash caught up in what looked to be an alleyway, this one bigger than most of the others he'd seen thus far. 

A bigger sash meant a larger, heavier opponent, which made them an easier target. He raised his Rhotuka and fired, sending the spinner spiraling downwards towards Mirror. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

-IC:-

Things hadn't gone terribly well for Hound. Firstly, the newly displaced water had nullified most of his tactical plans. People could surround him in all directions now, regardless of their flight ability. Secondly, having reached the spot where his allies had once been, his fears were confirmed; anyone who hadn't been able to secure themselves had lost their way in the abyssal, murky water that surrounded him.

This wasn't to say it was all bad, of course. Hound's senses were going to be extra useful now, seeing how everyone else was going to be floundering about in the near-darkness. There was also the small matter of physical movement; thanks to his mutation, Hound had acquired a few suitable additions; gills, modified sensory apparatus, and even the strange ability to speak underwater. His strokes carried him farther than most other beings, their sheer force sending ripples through the water, making him feel for all the world some massive and cumbersome shark. Or, to be observant of the size of his fellow beings, an orca.

Regardless of his analogous relationship to the various types of marine predators, Hound had a mission; find his teammates, get them back to base, and see if anyone else showed up shortly. If they didn't, well, Hound would be leading the hunt for them. With surprising speed, Hound began examining the area where his allies (Halken, Zangah, Mirror) were previously stationed, searching for any sign of their continued existence.

Well, I can solemnly say that breakfast in this place is better than at home. Considerably less hygienic problems (I blame that lapse of judgement on a combination of exhaustion and inebriation, not that it's any of your business), you see. Only complaint is that the guy behind the counter wouldn't let me get any more than the "healthy limit", a limit curiously enacted only after I told him where he can shove that spatula of his. That's just a minor obstruction, though; give me time and a clear line of fire.

Oh, who am I kidding; murder's a job for after lunch. Might as well get a feel of the place between these golden hours of stuffing my face; I'm sure there's something around here I can entertain myself with. No one's tried to start a fight yet, far as I've noticed, so not much going for this place on the non-tournament recreational combat aspect; might have to check out that "Training Sector", wherever the #### it is.

Hmmm? Flashy lights and the sound of battle? I saunter (never before has an adjective been so accurate) over to watch the battle televised on massive screens, finding myself next to a hyperventilating Matoran. "Someone you know in there?" My voice is friendly enough, a bit relaxed and self-confident, a far cry from snarky sarcasm or failed wit; just 110% Dynomi enthusiasm, as ardent as my belief that the Great Spirit played it fast and loose when it came to setting up my social abilities. 

OOC: Dynomi interacting with Nisaduf.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

I'm really not having a great day.

When the water rushed in the air was crushed from my lungs, and my stance was (obviously) disrupted by the water crashing into me. I spun aimlessly in the current for a few moments, fighting towards the surface I knew I wouldn't find. I figured, with what few brain cells were available to a drowning man, that this was the end of the line. Imagine my surprise when I started 'breathing' a few moments later.

Pit mutagen. Something like it, at least. Of course the organizers wouldn't want the round to end like this. That wave definitely knocked some people out, though, and it presents a real issue. I can't sword fight in this. Melee weapons are going to be virtually useless now, for everybody. Don't want to surrender the option, though, so I take a moment to unbuckle my sword belt and refasten it around my torso, securing the sheathe to my back and slipping my blade into it. Now, as I push off from the bottom, I'm aware that it's fortunate I can swim. I can actually swim pretty well, all things considered, and certainly well enough to get around here. Fighting'll be trickier, but I'm immune to their powers.

And they'll be just as disadvantaged as me.

Sticking close to the streets, I swim through the murky water. I can see a blue sash dimly ahead, a big one. Hound or Mirror, probably. Just got to catch up and watch out for yellow.

IC:

Noroi was drowning. The water rushed in through the crack in her faceplate, filling her helmet and forcing its way into her lungs. Her sheer mass protected her from the worst of the tidal influx, grounding her to her position more or less, but it didn't matter if she drowned. The armored being clawed at the water, pulling with her arms, seeking the surface. Her movements were too slow, too heavy, and she couldn't pull herself up off of the ground. Her vision darkened, her head lightening. The last signs of a drowning being.

Then it all cleared, and she could breathe again. Sweet, wonderful, life-giving oxygen flooded her brain, letting her think once more.

But there was still the critical problem of her new environment. She couldn't swim, not in her armor, and the resistance was too great for her to move with any meaningful speed.

I need to get out... This armor will be the death of me... Tenjou Emiya, are you out there? 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Tomo - Tarakava

Finally...

The effects of the power blocker were beginning to fade away just as the water came crashing in. When Tomo regained her bearings, she found herself underwater and swimming, but still breathing...

Well.

I think I know where to go from here.

Assuming the form of a Takea Shark, Tomo swam out into the Black Water, looking for the glowing light of sashes...

IC: Zel'Sai (Tarakava)

Water rushed in all of a sudden, engulfing her. As it whirled around her, trying to pull her away in its dark currents, she had only one thought. Yes. This was very, very good. Now she was surrounded by something that she could use to her advantage. There were yellow glows all around. As the rushing water calmed slowly, she swam towards the yellow lights at a fast pace, ready to heat up her Harpoon to send a blast of boiling water at any target.

(OOC: Zel'Sai is searching for a member of Team Muaka to fight. Also open for a team-up with Team Tarakava.)

IC: Naberius (Tarakava)

There was a rumble, the ground shook. Naberius looked towards enemy territory, and saw the bubble dissolving. This wasn't good. He was hit then by a roaring wave that rushed down the streets, becoming disoriented, and then, after trying to hold his breath for too long, discovered that he could suddenly breathe. This was a surprising revelation. He couldn't tell, however, which way was up or down. He decided to use his Gravity affinity to feel the pull of gravity, whichever way it came from.

(OOC: Naberius is disoriented and open to be ambushed and/or teamed with. He is near where Team Tarakava's base once was.)

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC: ???

In the emptied hallways of the arena, another figure materialized and fell to his feet. Propping himself up on his scythe, he looked around, wary of the emptiness. The people who had been occupying these halls were gone, sitting in the stands watching the fight. Grimacing, he lowered an arm to the floor so the tailed spider clinging to his shoulder could crawl off. The dreary figure whispered to the spider, giving it commands to search this place for a potential host. As it scurried away to fulfill those orders, the scarred warrior rose to his full, crooked height, and muttered.

"You will not keep me from my family."

The Skull Carrier has arrived.

OOC: And he is open to interaction.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC Daltrahk

Finally! out of the fight. The bubble had burst! With his mission accomplished, Daltrahk looked around.

Conveniently, there was Kuro right there! and his friend! He raced over to greet him.

IC: Kuro and Prose/Kuro's POV/Locker Rooms

We stood up.

"Hello, Daltrahk. How'd you die? I got cleaved from behind because I'm apparently too slow underwater."

IC Daltrahk

"Dunno. I've got really big lungs, and I gasped I to avoid drowning... But it doesn't make sense. The water didn't hit that hard... Must have been an undersea creature." Daltrahk said. "Anyway... Shall we continue looking for a gem?"

IC Halmos

Ignoring Halmos was the easiest way to tick him off. He slammed his fist two times into the ice sphere, intending to either crack it or tell them he was Karzing right there.

OoC: Ghidora, dude I was asleep when you posted. Also, the ice sphere is still careening through the streets.

IC Kotak:

"Working on it."

It was difficult to stay upright inside the small sphere, as Kotak summoned several thin ice walls to slow the ball down.

Eventually it came to a rest just outside a strangely fleshy building.

The Ko-Toa all but collapsed, his elemental energies drained.

IC: Halken burst from a window of his hiding place, huge hands working like giant fins as he swam through the water, clawed feet trailing behind him uselessly. He swung them forward to try and grab onto the intruder before him, but realized his sash was blue, not gold, and instead drifted to a stop shortly before colliding with the equally huge being. He burbled, "Ah! A fellow member of Tarakava! I had been concerned all of us perished in that calamitous wave!"

IC: Riss was panicked, crouched on top of the tallest building in Fort Tarakava. The water was still rising, and showed no signs of stopping when it reached her level. she did not want to fight underwater if she could help it. She wouldn't be able to sing anywhere near as well, and her Mohtrek would be completely useless if she didn't want to permanently cripple herself retroactively. She curled up, clutching her mic stand, and hoped that the battle would end before she had to admit she couldn't swim.

IC: Well then. It seemed Praggos had found a new person to annoy. Fia bounced back on her blades and jogged around him and the Enforcer, grumbling to herself as she swung into the Commercial sector and grabbed a tray of food. Actual food. It was shocking and delightful at the same time, she had to admit.

OOC: Riss and Fia open for interaction.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Miras (Team Muaka)

A rush, a flood of water, and my vision suddenly clears as I swim out into the depths. The mutagen in the waters has altered my body; although I did not need the ability to breathe underwater, my vision at least has improved. Tanzah is nowhere to be seen, but... I spot a Takea Shark with a blue sash around its body. Shadow-jumping right up next to it, I increase the gravity of the shark, intending to bring it crashing down to the ocean floor.

IC: Vorzin (Team Tarakava)

Wings built for flight in the air work surprisingly well underwater. I swim low along the still-flooding streets, keeping my dark green body close to the road for camouflage.

OOC: Miras attacking Tomo, Vorzin open for interaction. 

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Tomo

Just keep swimming, just keep swim-

Gravity began pulling on Tomo's body; an armored being had appeared next to her with a yellow sash. Out of reflex, she stretched her... Body (do sharks have necks?), trying to bite the being.

IC: Yoko

"This place..."

Having entered the knowledge sector soon after arriving in this place, Yoko had been gathering as many books on Bionifight as possible. She wanted to know as much about this place as she could, and the books in the library seemed to have information on absolutely everything, so the choice to come here was pretty obvious. Walking up to a video screen with a large stack of books, she sat down, noting a strangely organic being viewing the terminal next to her. Curious, she peeked over his shoulder, trying to figure out what he was looking at, before asking: "What's that?"

OOC: Tomo defending against Miras, Yoko interacting with the Puppetmaster.

IC: Viitka [Rawr]

Viitka coughed, or attempted to cough, the act of clearing her lungs of water a noticeably difficult task when she was apparently now breathing it.  The initial wave had hit her the hardest, partway through breaking herself apart of follow Tenjou into the air, the impact of the water had quite literally shattered her.  And while crystal didn't need to breath, the moment she managed to reform most of her body whatever mutagen was in the faux-Pit began to take effect.  The impact hadn't taken her too far away from her allies, or at least she hoped.  Thankfully, whatever the mutagen did to her lungs also worked on her eyes, and she didn't have to use her power to see acceptably clearly in the murky abyss of water.

Emiya! She called out to the greatbow mentally, pulling out a piece of her arm that had imbedded itself in the side of a wall.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Indeed," Hound was truly relieved to see the monolithic form of Halken; his approaching sound had been garbled by the aquatic environment, but Hound knew there was something familiar about it. "Have you seen any of the others? My senses are still recovering from this change; you're the first teammate I've found."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: "Nay, I have not. I took shelter in that building behind me when I saw the water rush down the streets. I do believe it kept me from being dashed to bits against the walls," Halken replied, rotating to drop to the street and dig his claws in. Easier than treading water with them at least. "I would imagine they survived, however. They both seemed capable lads, even if the one is a bit uncertain of himself."

Edited by This Is Spinal Thirst

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Mirror - Arena (Team Tarakava)

There was a faint whirring sound as the spinner cut through the water. Once again, Mirror's ignorance of it proved to be his downfall. Before he could quite get his bearings, he was suddenly swept up into another riptide, whirling and reeling in confusion. He let out an involuntary cry of surprise. But he could still feel his feet planted firmly on the ground.

He staggered over to a wall, trying to shake the effects off. Disorientation, he thought. As the initial shock began to wear off, he searched around for his attacker, but he was still far too shaken to pick out the mere shadow that was Wyrm.

IC: Ivhi

It was... suprisingly empty.

Then again, it was obviously a dream, right?  At least no one was trying to kill her in this one.

She had made her way around the strange complex, drifting from one place to the next.  Funny, the creation of her mind was almost... idealistic.  There were no screams, no shouts.  The wall didn't beat like the inside of some creature, and there was actual steady lighting.  Of course, there was the entire thing about an arena, and fighting others in some strange tournament, but her dreams had been weirder before.

After a fair bit of time of just wandering, Ivhi came to what appeared to be food court of some such (why in the blazes would her mind come up with that, she wasn't even that hungry).  Massive screens lined the wall, displaying images that she couldn't quite process yet, and backlighting two shapes.  Curious of what this all meant for her, if nothing else, Ivhi drifted over to the two, and simply watched and listened.

OOC: That'd be Dynomi and Nisaduf.

Edited by The Tomorrow Girl

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Tanzah

As Tanzah was readying to advance, a sudden gushing noise caught his ears, and looked up to see a torrent of water rushing towards him. Before he could do anything he was caught by the blast and thrown off the now destroyed building. He hit the ground and then got up.

Well, this was different.

He looked around to see if he could find anything, but to null. He started to walk.

IC: Krantax

The hound continued to chase the Muaka, unaware of the flood that was chasing his tail. He only became aware of it as he was lifted off his feet and into the air as the water pushed forwards and upwards. When it was over, the hound slowly sank to the bottom, completely unharmed. The hound looked around, and then sat down, completely oblivious to the fact he was underwater.

OOC: Both open for interaction/fight.

IC Tenjou - Muaka

;Sister, we need to return to the... Ground, Noroi and Viitka are both calling for us;

It was very hard to describe use of a Kadin underwater, it still allowed great speed, but changes in direction were sluggish and the feeling of weightlessness that aerial flight offered was gone. Not to mention the strain on her musculature. Aquatic life was often much stronger than life on dry land. She accelerated with her Kadin to where Viitka and the titan had been, turning it off and drifting down the last dozen bio.

"I received your message, Noroi. Your armor is hindering you, correct? Are you unable to remove it?"

IC Langmuir - Muaka

"I can retrieve your sword, I did not see where your shield was thrown." I extend my hand and summon his sword, for lack of a better term. "I am a Toa of... Swords, if you hadn't guessed. I may not have full control of metal any longer, but in the realm of bladed weaponry I am (as of yet) unmatched." The bright silver blade zooms out of some murky corner, I catch it by the hilt and offer it to the Vortixx.

"I fear for our team, when I left the starting point, they were quite disarrayed. We need to find at least a few others to group up with."

IC Maccha Yellow! - Tarakava

Your gaze hardened, the edge of your words softened by the womb like silence of the waters between you. "Maccha Red! is a very callous man. We shall not speak of him."

...but close to it

OOC: Yeah, Ghidora, they were rolling off away from where Halmos was with barely any control. Halmos would've had to either try to follow them or let himself get smashed into a bunch of buildings.

IC - Praggos:

"What is it about how I am and my responses that intrigues you?" Praggos asked, his dead monotone slowly disturbing the air in the front of his mouth. He barely registered it when Fia left, aside from quickly turning his head to watch her run off, and then turning it back to the Enforcer. "There is nothing remarkable about me."

IC - Vagust, Muaka:

"Good job keeping us alive, Kotak, although now we have the problem of being mostly unable to move," Vagust said, as the now-stopped, mostly-clear sphere of ice clunked down on the bottom of the street. "Although..." Vagust pursed his lips, before walking forward, putting his weight against the curved inside surface of the sphere. Slowly, it started rolling along the street, pushing through the water slowly.

"Well, we can make this work eventually, I suppose."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Zakaro (Taravaka)

As the water hit his ankles and rapidly rose, Zakaro swore. There never failed to be that one guy who just couldn't stand not trying to pop the bubble, at least not the first time. The second time was sometimes better, though other times there was another guy who just wanted to watch the world burn. 

Er, drown. 

Grumbling, Zakaro created earthen 'boots' around his feet, weighing him down but also securing himself to the ground, relatively speaking. With a quick glance around the now-flooded area- those barricades didn't help much, in the end, he decided- he began forwards. 

Ismekne would find the Onu-Toa coming up to regard both her and Feli, before kneeling to scoop Feli's prone form off the ground and place her over his shoulder, pushing a pad to the side to fit the other Toa between it and his head. With his left arm securing her, he spoke.

"We should probably find a better place to stay. This is out in the open, and I'd rather not loose a comrade to something like this without a fight."

IC: Nisaduf (Commercial Sector)

She only takes half a second to glance over and confirm that yes, this isn't someone she should be on the hunt for a signature from-though perhaps that could change later, depending upon their performance in the next round- before returning her attention to the screen and speaking, continuing to follow the action as her words came out almost too quickly to really hear.

"Oh yes, I know most of those people in there. Well, kinda. I know them from their time here, in the Bionifight, at least-Karz, why would you pop the bubble? Ugh, there goes any advantages of speed you might've had, although watching people flail and swim around is always fun- but I know Ten and Zakaro and Feli Gemshimmer and Elittra and the last round's winner Vagust and- Mata Nui, it's Starburst! I didn't even recognize her at first, but a Mohtrek and that voice and the mike, it's so obvious! She's even sparkly like when she's onstage!- and a few others but those are the important ones, they've been here before and therefore are soooo much more interesting to follow than some of the newcomers, they're always all like 'Oh Karz, I'm stuck here and I can't get home to save the world, angst angst angst,' but the vets already know what's going on and that makes them so much more fun to watch!" 

The little Fe-Matoran pauses to take in a breath, and as if on cue by the renewal of oxygen to her brain she abruptly turns back to Dynomi and sticks out her hand, introducing herself.

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm Nisaduf!"

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Miras (Team Muaka)

As the shark's mouth closes around my gauntlet, causing some crumpling of the armour and a near-imperceptible stream of antidermis to leak out, I open my hand inside the Takea's mouth and send a stream of shadow energy out from my palm.

IC: Tomo

It was a good thing Tomo could heal.

Still, she could only heal so fast at once, so she did sustain quite a bit a throat damage. It'd probably repair itself once the shadow stream stopped.

Biting down tighter, one of her fins shapeshifted into an arm, which then proceeded to try and slap Miras in the face.

IC: Yoko
"This place..."

Having entered the knowledge sector soon after arriving in this place, Yoko had been gathering as many books on Bionifight as possible. She wanted to know as much about this place as she could, and the books in the library seemed to have information on absolutely everything, so the choice to come here was pretty obvious. Walking up to a video screen with a large stack of books, she sat down, noting a strangely organic being viewing the terminal next to her. Curious, she peeked over his shoulder, trying to figure out what he was looking at, before asking: "What's that?"

OOC: Yoko interacting with the Puppetmaster.

IC: The Puppetmaster - Knowledge Sector.

"A live feed of the current battle," he answered without looking way from the screen. 

IC: Mirror - Arena (Team Tarakava)

There was a faint whirring sound as the spinner cut through the water. Once again, Mirror's ignorance of it proved to be his downfall. Before he could quite get his bearings, he was suddenly swept up into another riptide, whirling and reeling in confusion. He let out an involuntary cry of surprise. But he could still feel his feet planted firmly on the ground.

He staggered over to a wall, trying to shake the effects off. Disorientation, he thought. As the initial shock began to wear off, he searched around for his attacker, but he was still far too shaken to pick out the mere shadow that was Wyrm.

Not giving his opponent a chance to recover, The Wyrm repeated the strategy he'd used earlier, drawing his blade and kicking out with his legs and tail, shooting like a phantom torpedo through the water, his sword slicing out at his foe. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Miras (Team Muaka)

When the new arm hits my mask, I activate said mask's power. If all goes well, at least one of the creature's powers will go out of control. Noticing some pain beginning, I cut off the shadow stream, and instead, I mould the shadows into blades, sending them deeper and further down into the Takea's body than before.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Virse - Commercial Sector

Virse sat back away from the remains of her dish with a contented sigh. She gave each and every remaining crumb a regretful stare, but for once in her life, she couldn't cram down anything else.

"It was great, indeed," she groaned. "It's a wonder that some don't want to come to this place..."

IC: Mirror - Arena (Team Tarakava) (fighting The Wyrm)

The disorientation had not dampened his hearing, which was remarkably clear after his mutations. As another whoosh sounded, this one louder than the last, he was ready for it. It was a good thing he didn't care what direction he was going, because he wouldn't be able to tell anyway. He just picked one side of the wall and staggered along, desperately trying to avoid whatever was swimming towards him. He readied his blade, even more unsure of his skills with it than usual.

IC: It was too fast a change in direction to avoid, and Venga found his arm being flung down. He had also underestimated the enemy's strength, a foolish mistake, and his adaptions weren't quite up to the task. 

Still, he was nothing if not versatile.

He simply took the momentum and kept going with it. The force of Kaipatu's attack sent him reeling downwards and forwards, so he just curled up slightly and turned a stumble into a charge. The behemoth would find the array of spikes that lined Venga's Rahkshi back suddenly coming towards his belly, chest and face. He could stand aside or be gored

IC: "Hmm, that is a shame." Another slurp as the toothy maw of Tuyetkhamun mashed up the food she was attempting to devour. Eyes that were as cold and glassy as stones caught sight of a Toa walking around with legs of slender metal arcs. Such cripples were often employed in the court of the Empress, useful as either simple entertainers or secret operatives. No-one ever suspects the cripple. 

"Servant Arkrax, bring me that Toa," she said, pointing at Fia

IC: (Olari, Team Tarakava)

There had not been much time to defend against the sudden on rush of water. Olari had just had time to curl into a ball and create a powerful repulsive field around herself to keep away any debris with even the barest hint of magnetic properties away from her before the onslaught hit and she was swept away.

At least she knew the wires she was using to pin Okavaung in place would remain. Hopefully being held in place like that would mean the water would have hit him like a hammer, and broken a few bones. As it was she still felt like she had been stretched or flattened by-

Oh hang on. Those were fins. And odd tubes for some reason. Some sort of underwater breathing gear? She experimentally exhaled the breath she'd been holding then inhaled. Once she got over the oddity of breathing liquid rather than gas there didn't seem to be any problem.

That was her first priority taken care of then. No need to search for air pockets to try and use, so now she just needed to find her team. Moving was easy enough. Flight via magnetic manipulation was just as easy underwater as it was through the air and she quickly powered through the waves, her new fins letting her slice through the seawater. 

There look. A blue sash. But they seemed to be staggered and dizzy, admittedly understandable after the tsunami and apparent physiological changes.

"Hail comrade," she shouted to Mirror (because apparently that worked underwater too know), currently unaware of the Wyrm's presence

IC: (Jorth, Team Muaka)

Ugh. Dizzy. The flood had thrown him far away from Fort Jorth. Bah, and he was starting to build up a nice set of friends to keep him company. Jorth struggled and flapped in the water for a bit, steadily sinking down despite his best efforts. Then it hit him.

Duh. He was wearing a squid.

A simple bit of will from his Tryna and off he went, the tentacles of his coat billowing around him, pushing him along like they would have had he been the Temple Squid himself. Well, he could get used to this...

Whoop, there were some sashes, glowing brightly through the murk of the water.

Someone he didn't recognise being attacked by...a shark? Well that just wasn't fair, they'd come perfectly suit to this terrain. Time to muck that up a little. He created strands of leather that whirled through the water like eels, trying to whip and bind at the shark....

OOC: Jorth attacking Tomo

7AOYGDJ.jpg

He collided painfully with the wall, surprised that his opponent had managed to move out of the way of his charge. He twisted around, swinging his blade at the glowing Tarakava sash - the most visible part of his foe's (Mirror) body.

Thanks to the dark conditions of the water, the blade would be just as difficult to see as The Wyrm himself. Farewell...

"Right. Well, first things first; let's start searching," Hound began moving in the direction the water had initially pushed him, hoping to find some trace of Zangah or Mirror. He was forcing his senses to adapt to this new environment, straining them to their limit for the smallest signs of opponents or allies.

If Selaphiel was a normal, mentally stable fighter (yes, I know, oxymoron), she would have been positively joyous after the environment change. Unlike so many of her combatants, she was naturally aquatic; the only modification she had gotten from mutagen contact was the ability to speak clearly despite her situation. Sel, however, was far from normal or mentally stable; in response to the favourable change of circumstance, which had interrupted her just as she had prepared to deal the hyperkinetic blow and forced her back into surprised intangibility, she had merely remained silent. It wasn't a very pronounced change.

The dragon could be handled by the others; with an utter lack of interest, Sel flew through the murky depths, searching for potential opponents. She discovered, with a definite lack of surprise, combat occurring between several rather strange beings (Tomo, Miras, Jorth). Sel took up a position in an empty, still-standing building, once again choosing to wage battle from behind a window. With utter calm, Sel put all of her available concentration into absorbing the kinetic energy around her in as large an area as possible, be it from aquatic lifeforms or her fellow fighters. They would notice that their physical attacks were slow and sluggish (even for aquatic combat), and, assuming no one noticed Sel, would remain in such a state until she had powered up sufficiently.

The ecstatic Matoran is gushing with information; I get so engrossed in her baseless excitement that in the ensuing rush I almost miss the being approaching from behind (one of the many things nice about having an element; to control it ya gotta sense it). "Sounds like you know your way around this place, Nisa," Master of Understatement is one of my secondary titles, right after Honourable Mention. "Mind filling a rookie in?" I acknowledge the existence of the person behind me with a glance and nod.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Mirror - Arena (Team Tarakava) (fighting The Wyrm)

There was a crash from just behind him, and a voice from just ahead of him near simultaneously. Now he knew there was someone attacking him, but at least he had an ally.

"Move!" he bubbled out to his fellow Tarakava. The disorientation was beginning to fade, but it was the water resistance that caught his attempted dive. A blade sliced across his back, leaking precious fluid into the water. The injury stung, but if he could get away to those healers, he would be fine.

He tried to slice his own blade back, but his movements were far slower than his apparently aquatic foe.

IC: Arkrax - Commercial Sector

The data elemental nodded and vanished back into his box, which promptly flew up and towards the indicated Toa. His digital mind had rapidly calculated exactly where she would be standing when he arrived. At the points where they would almost meet, he flashed back into existence.

"Your presence ~ is requested," he said, simply. His small, courteous grin appeared completely oblivious to the fact that glowing beings don't pop out of nowhere everyday.

OOC: Talking to Fia.

IC: Fia gave a cry of shock and anger and lept into the air, tray of food instantly suspended several feet away though magnetic prowess. She arced up, blades glinting in the light, and swung one right through his holographic neck. She landed quietly, two feet and one hand on the floor, the other one snatching her tray as she fell to hold it aloft. with a small smirk, she returned to her feet and faced his-

...Not headless, glowing body. Fia frowned and waved her hand through his face, swearing under her breath.

"What on Mata Nui are you?" She growled, stepping back in apprehension.

IC: Halken settled into a long, loping gait, pushing off from the street and arcing through the water behind Hound. He knew he would have a disadvantage if he was too far from somewhere his claws could find purchase, so he made do with his slower method of movement.

"Maybe we should see if anyone else survived that wave," He glubbed, glancing around. "I do suspect we lost some comrades to it, after all."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Arkrax - Commercial Sector

For a being who just had a blade thrust through his neck and a hand shoved literally into his face, Arkrax seemed remarkably unfazed. Emotional responses take far too much energy to render. Her surprise was understandable. It was fortunate he was not in solid form.

"Apologies. I am ~ Arkrax," his toneless voice called through the static. "Data Elemental. Your presence ~ is requested."

IC Daltrahk

"Dunno. I've got really big lungs, and I gasped I to avoid drowning... But it doesn't make sense. The water didn't hit that hard... Must have been an undersea creature." Daltrahk said. "Anyway... Shall we continue looking for a gem?"

IC: Kuro and Prose/Kuro's POV/Locker Rooms

"Hmmm...if you survived then you recieve aquatic mutations...." I thought to myself.

I turned to Daltrahk.

"Wouldn't you want to wait fo Vagust first?"

IC: Maglev/Training Sector

I practiced punching a punching bag.

IC: Fia grumbled, watching frosty air trail down through Arkrax from her bolts before huffing and removing her hand from his face. "Fine," she grunted, chomping down on a bright red fruit she'd only heard of in her world. "Who wants to see the cripple dance for them this time, huh?"

IC: The door to the medical bay slammed open as Zephyr stormed out of it, plantlife slowly growing out of his armor as he stormed down the hallways. He had been ELIMINATED. By a WAVE. The Bo-Toa tromped through the upper hallway and into the Knowledge sector, intent on finding who broke the bubble and ruined his chances.

OOC: Zephyr, open for interaction. Fia's automiss was all okay with you, right, Click?

Edited by This Is Spinal Thirst

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Mirror - Arena (Team Tarakava) (fighting The Wyrm)

There was a crash from just behind him, and a voice from just ahead of him near simultaneously. Now he knew there was someone attacking him, but at least he had an ally.

"Move!" he bubbled out to his fellow Tarakava. The disorientation was beginning to fade, but it was the water resistance that caught his attempted dive. A blade sliced across his back, leaking precious fluid into the water. The injury stung, but if he could get away to those healers, he would be fine.

He tried to slice his own blade back, but his movements were far slower than his apparently aquatic foe.

With a flick of his tail, he pushed himself out of the path of his opponent's swing and countered with one of his own. 

IC Tirkah/ training sector:

More and more beings could be heard moving around. Whatever match was on was quickly gaining casualties, it seemed.

He'd since slung his Rifle, and was taking some time to develop his form with his Machete, since it seemed he would be unable to be at preferred range in this tournament.

OOC: Tirkah open for interaction.

IC Kat:

I rubbed my leg, "This Had better get us something good," I muttered.