BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Honestly, chaps, I'm not quite sure what I know at this point. As I've been kindly reminded, it's actually been 3+ years since I've had my fingers in this game haha. On that not, I suppose I've some reading to attend to.

No, CJ's been here for the current iteration of the game—I know that much.

If I have, I don't totally recall anyhow, haha. It's been ages. Your name is the only one of those in this discussion that I even recognize; I feel old and out of the loop!

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

He did show up once I believe.

And then he promptly disappeared again. It was just prior to Makuta being banished I believe.

EDIT: I do believe that I used the phrase "I believe" far too much in that post, I believe.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum
  • Upvote 7

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I do vaguely recall that... I can't believe how long it's been haha. I'm surprised my profile still existed, and better yet, I recalled the password.

At any rate, I suppose I'd better get to raising my old friend Korruhn from the dead...

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

I'm relatively a newbie and thus cannot contribute to this discussion.  That said, hiya CJ!  :P

On the subject of my theoretical wheelchair-crab from the previous page, btw, I was thinking MNOLG mini-crab size.  It's for a classic-era-styled Matoran, y'see.  I figure it'd be thin enough to fit through wider doors.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

So i'm somewhat curious about the Tryna. Canon-wise we've seen a single toa manage to raise an 'army' of undead sea creatures and successfully, though temporarily, counter a living army. Now I would imagine that there is some unspoken limiter on the tryna in the bzprpg... My question is how many corpses could a single toa, or lesterin, reanimate at once in the bzprpg? And for the sake of argument let's say the corpses in question are generic toa.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So i'm somewhat curious about the Tryna. Canon-wise we've seen a single toa manage to raise an 'army' of undead sea creatures and successfully, though temporarily, counter a living army. Now I would imagine that there is some unspoken limiter on the tryna in the bzprpg... My question is how many corpses could a single toa, or lesterin, reanimate at once in the bzprpg? And for the sake of argument let's say the corpses in question are generic toa.

I would say that it would depend on how good they were with their mask.

A Toa splitting their focus evenly between physical, elemental, and mask training I could see possibly getting away with one, maybe two corpses if they were really focused at the time. Lesterin, having only elemental resistances/effects, and Toa who forgo either physical or elemental training might get away with three. Anything greater than that would most likely require a character built soley around mask usage.

Not a staff member by any means, so I could be wrong, but since I try to err on the safe side, that's how I'd attempt to go about it.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Actually, this is something that used to be covered extensively in Echelon's early days. As a result, Ghost could probably tell you better than me, and he's free to correct anything I say here. :P An army is not possible, not on your best day. Two or three is usual the maximum, and the more you use the less control you have over each one. Especially since, by their very nature, their movements aren't exactly very precise anymore.

Obviously someone who specializes in the use of their mask will find controlling them easier, but use of other powers will still take away from the concentration available for the Tryna.

In other words, don't think "vast undead legions", think "a handful of undead servants".

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Krayz hits the nail on the head. What I was told back in the day (and as far as I'm concerned, it still stands) was that when you control a corpse using a Tryna, you're not giving it orders: you are puppeteering its every movement. As such, the more corpses you're controlling, the more you have to split your concentration. The effort and focus required increases exponentially with each individual thrall.

Two or three is a good benchmark for the maximum you can reliably control--and that's with practice.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Mr.House hasn't been online since january 29th, and the meeting between Larikon and Echelon hasn't progressed at all. Could someone play as Larikon while he's gone?

Chances are, at this point, that the staff will be working around the meeting to get events in Ko-Koro moving again. Any ramifications for the Brotherhood that result can be dealt with by House when he gets back.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

While I don't know what this mask is or how it works I do recall a rule here against army building. It was brought up to me when I asked about being a Nui-Jaga breeder as viable backstory to how my Po-Matoran got his. So I would think a mask that could reanimate the dead would be out of the question to begin with. On the other side however if allowed and played with Staff supervision(Sorry staff). Then as long as it was a mindless horde of everyone doing the exact same actions the limit could be higher.

I recall however an episode of Beast Machines(Transformers) where Megatron tried to control 3 types of swarms of drones(Jets / Tanks / Bikes) and while they were working in unison it was no problem, however once he had them target different individuals it became exponentially harder. Even being divided by 3 types. So he then created 3 generals to control the swarms of drones...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well then it seems my understanding of the tryna in this game has so far been correct. Thank you Krayz and Ghost for confirming.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

-The Return of the Bruiser-

Guess who's back

Back again

Our girl's back

Tell a friend

-Void

I don't think I have any idea how to respond to that post... Though I am thinking my character's entrance and Fulmen freaking out must be on his drunken mind before falling asleep... Or after waking up... I've never been any good at comprehending drunk-speak..

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

well I am still here, just I only have 2 Matoran characters and a Nui-Jaga in the playable stages. So don't have much in the form of interacting until something happens with the Ko-Wahi expedition so the Ga-Wahi counterpart can progress... I think that is what the hold up is... I'm not really sure since I'm just going with the flow and in no way part of the story planning deal...

Onua.png

I'm kind of waiting for Keeper to post saying whether or not Zaara poking the vines actually does anything. Because she aint buying into Jalkron's theory that the lightvines trigger traps. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah if you get my Matoran killed she is going to come back and haunt you forever.... :P

Onua.png

Joined towards the end of last August and have had a near-perfect attendance record ever since.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Eh, took me forever to get a profile up I could respect playing otherwise I would have been on much sooner...

Still I have 3 characters in play... even if one is a Rahi... Am I the only one who has a Rahi as an actual character and not an NPC or tool?

Onua.png

Let's see.... My first IC post was Aug 29 2014 - 10:15 PM, and 6,969  of my total 7425 posts have been made on this forum. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

wow, I don't even want to know how you know that...

I looked at my own profile page.