BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

GM IC - GEM OF ???

The metal gave way slightly under Kuro's attack, but out of the hole came more sparks. The electrical arcs ahead of them remained steady, spaced out at oddly even intervals along the pathway, like one might expect from some bizarre sort of laser grid.

Arctic/Ghidora, is it safe to assume that Daltrahk or one of the Rahkshi has a leather grip, or something along those lines, on a weapon?

OOC: Yes. And if anything, Kuro will have one on his sword.

IC: Kuro/Gem of ???, with Prose and Daltrahk

Nothing. No rock or anything.

"Karz. If this was just a layer, Prose would be able to smash them off with his pick. We'll need a plan."

I noticed the irregularities of the path ahead.

"This looks to be like some sort of laser system of sorts. Someone agile should have more luck in getting to the end."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

GM IC: THE QUEEN'S QUEST

As the group huddled around the plaque, this was what they saw:

Falling and falling in the darkening tunnels

The ussal cannot hear the ussal rider;

Things fall apart; the gems cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The mind-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of independence is drowned.

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Dream of eight gems to infinity.

---

OOC: I will give credit to W. B. Yeats for the poem "The Second Coming". Certain phrases were changed to either fit a Bionicle setting or to alter the meaning of this stanza to fit the story of the RPG.

There are a few key words in there that will become incredibly obvious in retrospect if they aren't obvious already.

Next Queen post, we enter the Labyrinth.

• Upvote 1

IC: "Mere anarchy, huh?" Xaeraz muttered, reading the plaque of Ominous Lettering to himself. "Obviously, this author has never seen what anarchy is really like. There's nothing mere about it, trust me. All the running, and screaming, and crying..."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

"I fear I'm not a scholar, but I'll speak

and offer up my thoughts," I say. "This poem

may be explained by one of theories two:

these words are either meaningful or not.

The latter means we need not heed their help,

the former says we move towards a fate

too wonderful to speak of save in rhyme.

To death or glory, or we live to fight

another day. There's nothing here to fear."

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

"So... what is it?" Kopen asked from just inside. She didn't even bother trying to read the plaque for obvious reasons.

IC: Arkrax - Comfort Sector

Arkrax returned the confused glare as the Hound sniffed at him. "I'm afraid ~ my linguistics knowledge ~ is confined to ~ the language ~ of the Matoran," he replied to the Skakdi. "I will ~ continue my journey, ~ then." 

He suddenly turned to leave, though his pace was slow if they had any last remarks.

IC: Snarl - Comfort Sector. 

Inhaling Arkrax's unusual scent one last time, he turned and jumped back up onto his couch. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Ezezko - Tunnels

You turn to Lytrel and Kopen. 「It is quite clear, at least to me. The first several lines reference perils or trials we have already faced. First darkness, than areas and gems inflicting inaudibility and sickness respectively. The next several lines could have described our latest encounters, and perhaps the next describe what is to come?」

...but close to it

IC: Amorigiahna - Comfort Sector

"How is the tournament supposed to have a winner if they keep bringing people in to be contestants?" she wondered aloud.

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Comfort Sector

Karz...

Ravyn opened his eyes, only to find that the room he was currently in clearly wasn't the same one from the tavern he had rented the night before. He reached up with his hand, trying to block out the painfully blinding light as he proceeded to pick himself off of the bed and accidentally fell onto the floor while doing so.

I need to quit drinking one of these days...

Returning to his feet, he soon found himself cupping his ears at the sound of some thrice-Karzed recording that some Karzing Karz-head had left behind for him to listen to as he began making his way towards the door.

What? He wasn't going to let their self-important hide fill his head with their annoying voice.

Stepping outside and slamming it shut before taking a quick glance around the room and making note of the strangeness of some of the area's inhabitants, he soon found himself uttering the first thing that came to mind.

"Okay, then...," he said, not particularly caring about whether anyone heard him or not. "I really need to quit drinking one of these days..."

OOC: Ravyn is open for interaction.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: The Wyrm - Comfort Sector.

"I have no idea," he replied, "I'm not even sure if they truly intend for there to be a winner." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC(Ismekne): The Comfort Sector, Ismekne observed, was hardly fitting of its name this day. A green being was crying on the floor, and a little Matoran was trying to comfort it, while a very large canine was perched on the couch and a Skakdi was sitting on the floor. Not to mention that strange dragon guy with the telekinesis, the white and gold Toa...it looked like something out of a disaster area. It was crazy. 

Ismekne put her head in her hands. I just want to go home.

IC(A.D.): Irritated by the commotion, the dragon poked his head out of his door. Upon seeing the little green being, he smiled. "Relax, little one. You're safe here."

IC Intavus:

After a short time, you regain your senses, and slap your cheeks, bringing color back to them.

You couldn't show fear! You were a hero! A saviour! The best thing to happen to Okoto since Ekhimu himself!

So, with a bold swagger and head held high, you walked around a corner...

And straight into a Jungle villager, as well as more robot people.

OOC: that's Iesua and co.

She gave Ezezko an incredulous look. "I don't know, I'm with that guy," she gave Lytrel a nod. "That's about as clear as... well, it doesn't make much sense. If they're going to say what's down here, why don't they just write it out like a normal person?"

She was used to things being difficult to see clearly, but this was ridiculous.

IC Ezezko - Tunnels

Any irritated deformations and contortions of your face likely went unnoticed by the little blind girl, however prominent and showing of your vexation you attempted to make them. A brief thought crossed your mind, luckily not one of perversion as earlier, but more ; 「Why did I just think in such a grandiose way? With such a shameless attempt at a return to my normal middling narration...

Out loud, you merely sighed at the matoran. 「Didn't you hear the mad Toa back there? Haven't you been paying attention throughout this descent? Whoever made these tunnels or dwells within such grotesque caverns has surely lost their mind. It would be only fitting for them to write in a confusing manner.」

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: "Ezezko, there's no need to be short with her," Xaeraz chided. "I'd really rather you two didn't wind up fighting here because I know that would not end well for either of you. And if this creator is as mad as you believe he is, I'm not certain that we have enough people here to handle him." He sighed, unwanted memories bubbling up in his mind.

"Trust me. I know a thing or two about powerful madmen."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Colossus in Purple
[booting sequence 95%]
[initializing...]
[booting sequence complete]
The law enforcement bot switched on, and it looked around the room.
[Room detected to be locker]
[Leave? Y/N]
[Y]
The bot stomped out of the room, and began to investigate the facility.

Edited by Sharkydane

IC: Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII (Comfort Sector)

"Thank you for your offer," was Bajet's final, crisp reply as she too returned to the couch and crossed her legs again, fingers drumming  a beat on her thigh. 

"You're not the typical Hound, are you?" she muttered, regarding Snarl with an appraising eye.

"Perhaps... ah. Yes," she said, and a sly smirk spread across her face, the first true emotion Bajets had really shown since landing in this tournament.

"Listen here, Hound. Dog. Whatever it is you wish to be called, we shall discuss that later. Nevertheless, all I wish is that if you can understand me, nod your head."

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Ask a simple question, expect a simple answer. He regarded Bajets for a few moments, then nodded. 

IC:

"I was a wanderer. My people were meant to be protectors, and it is that role that I continued to function despite certain...." The armored being's voice trailed off, unseen eyes glancing about their confinement. "... Difficulties."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Daltrahk

Daltrahk looked at the two Rahks. Considering he was capable of throwing himself around on that grapple of his withstanding the pressure with only is shoulder, AND landing on his feet every single time, he was probably the best choice for this. Karz, those boss-people better fix up any wounds he receives...

"I'm probably best choice then." Daltrahk said a little nervously. "But how can we break the current for approximately... 2 seconds?"

IC:

"I was a wanderer. My people were meant to be protectors, and it is that role that I continued to function despite certain...." The armored being's voice trailed off, unseen eyes glancing about their confinement. "... Difficulties."

IC: Sudrec

"Hm, interesting. Much like the role that Toa fill in relation to the Matoran, but we observed that they had the tendency to stay entrenched in one locale rather than wandering the universe..."

Perhaps at one time she would have snapped at him, let him know that though she was blind, she did not drift through the world without seeing. But she had seen a thing or two on this quest. And it only made sense that whoever made this place was completely crazy. It just didn't make her feel any better.

She just scoffed and leaned back against the wall, waiting for everyone to finish their little game and get on with the quest. She, for one, was ready to get out of this place.

IC: Arkrax - Upper Hallways

There were no further requests from the two new contestants, so Arkrax redoubled his pace towards the Knowledge Sector. Perhaps there had been a new wave of contenders since his last download, and he did not want to miss any details.

But as he drifted along, he still kept an eye out for those that seemed lost or confused. There was much his data could clarify for one suddenly thrust into this scenario.

OOC: Arkrax open to interaction

IC: Von Worten (Queen's Quest)

"I've seen poems like these in my book!" I blurted out. "I always love those. I'm just not very good at figuring them out. They tend to be beyond my ability to interpret."

My previous worries were temporarily forgotten as my eyes scanned the lines over and over. I wanted to discover the meaning of this poem, though I knew that, without a doubt, if I were able to, it would take some time for me to figure it out, time I was not sure I had. Still, I reread the poem several times in hopes of memorizing it.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Navuru (Comfort Sector)

Well. How was I supposed to know they had a brochure? Apparently this is an inter dimensional arena that pits randomly selected individuals from various universes to fight each other simply to amuse two Brakas called the Host and the Queen. That would certainly explain that rude female Ta-Toa in the library, she was simply from another universe. Still doesn't make her any less of an abomination.

I can work with this. Apparently there are these things called Infinite Gems. There is one for every power in the multiverse. Or in layman's terms, a lot. There's a reward for bringing them to the Queen. But I have a better idea.

I don't know about most people here, but in MY universe a Toa's lifetime spans countless millennia. I will amass these gems over time, get as many as I can, and when I am sure I can get no more I will-

Well, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's just say NOTHING WILL STAND IN MY WAY.

"Nyahahahhah! Ahahahaha! AHAHAHAH!... Did I just do that out loud?"

GM IC - GEM OF ???

As Halken pulled the lever, a mechanical kla-chunk could be heard from within the wall of the pit. The water began to drain rapidly, revealing a doorway of sorts, or another tunnel entrance, carved into the stone that had previously been submerged. It seemed just large enough for Halken to fit, similar to the initial tunnel.

IC Daltrahk

Daltrahk looked at the two Rahks. Considering he was capable of throwing himself around on that grapple of his withstanding the pressure with only is shoulder, AND landing on his feet every single time, he was probably the best choice for this. Karz, those boss-people better fix up any wounds he receives...

"I'm probably best choice then." Daltrahk said a little nervously. "But how can we break the current for approximately... 2 seconds?"

GM IC - GEM OF ???

As Daltrahk spoke, a bolt of electricity jumped from the wall just next to him - and it would have struck, perhaps harmfully, had it not been redirected to Kuro's sword. The Rahkshi found himself unhurt by the electricity as the leather grip of the weapon insulated him.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

IC Langmuir - The Pit

I inspect the new opening, revealed by the draining waters.

"You," I point to the bearded matoran, "or I should go. It looks like it'd be a tight fit for Halken or Mirror. Hard to turn around to escape if there is danger."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: CinS (Hallways)

[Follow group: Y/N]

[Y]

The Colossus turns, and, instead of following the rest of the group, it clangs past Ekial, heading in the other direction, until it spots a gleam of purple.

[Enlarge and clarify: Y/N]

[Y]

The image of the purple zooms in in CinS' computer core, revealing it to be CinP.

[being identified as Colossus in Purple. Interact: Y/N]

[Y]

VBWj75sh.png

IC: CinS (Hallways)

"Greetings."

[Weaponry appears identical to Colossus in Purple's last logged appearance.]

"By the law of alternate universes, it stands to reason that we may be from alternate timelines," the robot drones. "Report required, detailing last memories of your universe."

VBWj75sh.png

IC Izarargi - Upper Hallways

Knowledge Sector.

The thin alphanumerical inscriptions above the door told the brobdingnagian skakdi as much. It mattered not, for this was merely the area that she had appeared outside of. The shift in time and space was concerning, but she was a creature of habit, wont to follow patterns etched into her day.

So for now, she sat down. Musculature relaxed and limbs folded into a position of prayer and meditation. Her sword in it's aureate sheath lay in her lap, serving as a makeshift object of focus for silent contemplations.

OOC

Izarargi open for interaction.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Lady Bajets von Zakaz (Comfort Sector)

Bajets allows a smirk to cross over her face, leaning forward and placing her fingers together much like a steeple, speaking again.

"Good. I was hoping that I wasn't watching you for nothing. Tell me, do you wish to be called Dog or Hound? If not, perhaps make a sound that I may call you? My name is Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII, if you'd prefer to hear mine before giving yours."

A give-and-take tactic. Often worked on those with less skill, if you offered something first they'd be more inclined to offer you something in return. Bajets had used it often, and even within relationships it could be very useful indeed.

AGoNWLR.jpg

He snarled, hoping the skakdi would understand that was his chosen name. 

-==IC: The Enforcer==-

The Enforcer took the gem, and examined it closely with a curious look. They focused on the gem, and was seemed surprised when mist started to appear around the group, and then nodded. The Enforcer relinquished the focus, and then handed the gem back to Xara. "This is the Gem of Mist. You have earned lives." The Enforcer said simply, as there was no real need to say anything else.

-==GEM OF ???==-

Backward was not the way to the gem. Backward was the way out. However, luckily, Tahnok did not have to go far, for Werl was nearby luckily. A bit more unluckily, it was nearing the start of the next wave of fragmentation bolts...

IC: Xara - Upper Hallway.

"I.... um.... okay.... cool...." I wasn't sure what else to say, so I simply put the Gem back in my belt pouch. "Thank you." 

IC: Kuro/Gem of ??? With Prose and Daltrahk

Hmm...the electricity was directed to my blade but the leather stopped it from harming me.

"Let me try something."

I waved my sword close to the electricity. I wanted to see if said electricity gets attracted to it.

IC: Mirror - Gem of ??? Tunnel

As the water level dropped and his feet finally touched solid ground, Mirror let out a sigh of relief. He sank against a wall, trying to catch his breath after the arduous swim. He weakly extended the axe handle to its owner again. It would be easier to take down here anyway.

"Sounds... good to... me." he panted to Langmuir.

IC: Lady Bajets von Zakaz (Comfort Sector)

The Skakdi takes a second to ponder that, debating whether it was a growl or a snarl, before vocalizing her thoughts as she spoke. 

"I'm going to assume that was too harsh for a growl, and that a growl would be more rumbling versus the harsh exhale of a snarl and yet not the vocalization of a bark, as such I infer you're called Snarl. Perhaps I'm mistaken, feel free to speak up if I am. It's a pleasure to meet you, Snarl, I can tell you're more than you look."

She stands for half a second to curtsy towards the Energy Hound before retaking her seat. 

"I must apologize that communication is at such a low level. I can understand the frustration at not being able to effectively tell people what you want. Happened to me once, when I had to get my brother out of a slammer on Xia. Wasn't totally different languages, but sure seemed like it."

Personal experiences. Bajets felt this wasn't going half bad for the situation, at the very least by this point the Hound would remember her as one to try to talk to him. Perhaps she could even gain her first ally in this tournament. Even if profit was out of the question, it didn't mean this couldn't be a chance to exercise her skills for better use later. It wasn't as if Halken was ever going to actually further the family in social and economic standings. She'd be lucky if he didn't get himself eaten again. 

IC: Zakaro (Food Court)

The oblivious Onu-Toa slept on, the only noise of note that he made was to sneeze once or twice. He was still there, though. That counted for something, right?

Sure. 

IC: Nisaduf (Commercial Sector)

"..I think you should poke it," Nisaduf said after a long pause. 

"Doesn't seem to be responding to audio stimuli. Physical is probably the next best test. Maybe a hardlight stick? Just to keep us out of the line of fire, wouldn't want to get hurt or anything! Then you couldn't fight as well and that would be sad." 

AGoNWLR.jpg