BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC - Ardian (Food Court):

Ardian had just been about to explain his robe, when he heard Virse refer to him as a Toa of Ice. "Well..." He started, "I'm not actually a Toa of Ice, but rather of Light. Others have made that mistake before, however." He didn't really mind. He was clad in white, and didn't personally care to change the color. He wouldn't see any difference, after all, and if his opponents confused his powers, it was fine by him. If it only meant that he had to explain it to allies, he was fine with it. "But, ah, about my robe..." The Av-Toa stared down at the garment, and the image of the Sun emblazoned upon it. "It doesn't really do much, except serve as an indicator... I have an ability, see. I actually just got it. The robe lets me know how much charge is left." He cocked his head. "Would you like to see? We can go to the training area, if so."

IC: Halken crouched slightly, feet shoulder width apart, fists raised and waving slightly in the air. Quietly, he reached out with his Disable and disables Maccha Yellow!'s bursts of light, with a tremendous, "Put your shillings where your moth is and have at my, you great lummox!"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Maccha Yellow - Boxing Ring

The springs in your legs are coiled, contracted...

"Maccha...." and... Off you go! With a forceful push the springs are sprung, your lunge carrying your fist whenceforth towards the Skakdi's guarded position. "PUUUUNCCCCH!" It is a pure and virgin strike, one of jolly good sparring and true intentions!

...but close to it

IC: Halken slipped aside with shocking grace for one as beefy as himself, Maccha Yellow!'s punch grazing off his proud, mighty jaw. He laughed and swung his own fist in a left jab, aiming simply to find distance between himself and Maccha Yellow! He didn't want to hammer the poor sod just quite yet.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Maccha Yellow!

Such speed! You were quite surprised at the other man's avoidance of your strike. It was quite the well constructed costume to allow such maneuverability. The fist of your well dressed sparring partner would find approximately two and a third bio of distance between them, a kick back step carrying you away from the fist.

Strafing to the left, you test his lower guard with a kick aimed at left mid thigh.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Mirror - Knowledge Sector

Mirror took the hand into his own large claw. "I suppose that is fair."

He pondered on what to say for a moment. "Well, I... I have my blade," he began, holding up his Shard Lance. The highly polished surface gleamed in the lights of the Library. "And... I found these." He tossed the lance away from him, then activated the magnets in his palm. The blade smoothly flew right back into his waiting hand. He held out his other hand for Langmuir to inspect. "And... I've been told I can... do this... thing. I... I don't know quite how it works, but... I can... mimic the fighting styles I see. I was hoping watching the last match would help but... maybe I just need a chance to use it." He shrugged his broad shoulders. "If... if I could get my hands on some other weapons, I might be able to... use attacks with them as well."

He seemed even more shy, if possible, talking about his "ability." His voice was soft and stumbling. He didn't know if he had just been lied to. But maybe he really just needed practice.

IC: Virse - Commercial Sector

"Light..." she repeated softly. Toa of Light were a rare sight indeed. They were rumored to have received special privileges as the first creations of the Great Beings.

She shook herself back into the present and just gave a slow nod. "If it will help, I would like to know," she said.

IC: Naberius (talking with Tomo)

"Krika... Chirox... those names I know. They are opposing warlords. Yet you claim to know them, great Makuta, and you know not of the clans? Could it be... the Makuta's theory of many worlds was true? And that must be where I am now. Lady Makuta, pardon me for my questioning, but do you know what this place is, and why I was summoned here?"

OOC: Talking with Tomo should be a thing. Like a TV show. It works so well.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC: Tomo

"Many worlds? Yeah, that's a thing." Tomo started bouncing up and down, turning her legs into rubber as she hopped in place. Her voice took a calmer tone, but the energy remained. "The Makuta of my universe know of at least three: our homeworld of Spherus Magna, this place, and some crazy dimension where the Makuta are aligned to shadow instead of light."

"As for this place... It's a gladiatorial tournament, but one where the contestants are healed up afterwards, even if they die in battle. So if you just play by the rules, you'll survive, and potentially get sent back home. Heremus took me here once when he had business with some guy called 'Host' and I watched some of the fights. It's preeetty awesome. You probably got here if you were some great warrior back home or if you were like me and filled out the forms... Though considering your state, that isn't really likely." She had gone into some sort of Thinker pose, holding her chin as she bounced.

EDIT:

IC: Sudrec

"That sounds good... Though it won't be guaranteed that we ever find each other."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Dartakh (Lower Hallways)

IC: Miras and Haarnak

"Yes, the alliance i-"

"Can I join your alliance?"

"No."

"You're boring."

"Life is boring. Deal with it."

"Fine then, Mr. Snootypants," the Ta-Toa says, drawing a rifle and pointing it at my face.

"You're an idiot."

"What a genius, right here."

"How did you know my IQ test results?"

"I'm a timebending anarchist Toa, mate. It ain't too hard."

I stay silent for a few moments, then I turn to Dartakh.

"As you can probably tell, he isn't with us."

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Kuro/Knowledge Sector ---> Arena

I finished reading my tomes, and I left to the arena.

IC: Maglev/Foodcourt

Upon entering the foodcourt I was met with dozens of food vendors. I smirked. There was no need to indulge myself with food, but it may be a good idea to interact with others and learn about the competition and about other fighters.

OOC: All characters are open to interact with.

Kuro and Prose are making their way to the arena, and Maglev who missed the announcement is in the Foodcourt.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC - Ardian (Food Court -> Training Sector):

"Alright, then." Ardian turned, and began to walk towards the food court's exit, headed for the door to the Training Sector. On the way, he explained his other abilities. "I'm trained in unarmed combat and sword-fighting... Unfortunately, I was taken to this facility before I received my inquisitor's blade. I am still able to use hard-light swords, however, even if they are inferior to real ones. My Kanohi is the Mask of Accuracy." It occurred to him that she had not told him what hers was, likely assuming that he could tell by looking. He'd be able to figure it out whenever she used it.

"Here we are," He said as they arrived in the Training Sector. Seeing no one in the immediate vicinity, he held out his hand, aiming at training dummy. How's this work? He wondered. He extended his hand towards his target, and began to focus on his contract ability. It was, he found, a lot like accessing his element or his mask power. As he focused, the emblem on his robe glowed, and what could only be described as looking like a shockwave appeared in front of his hand. The projectile shot through the air and contacted the dummy. Suddenly, a large dent appeared in its chest as it was launched through the air, disconnected from its limbs. The white Toa grinned, unable to help but feel catharsis from the destruction. As he looked down at his robe, the glowing emblem dimmed slightly, then maintained its luminance for several seconds before returning to its dormant state.

IC: Zakaro (Hallways)

"All things considered, I think that unless we happen to run into a tunnel in the next minute or so, we should probably just participate," Zakaro said, shrugging before speaking again.

"However, if everyone else is deadset on looking for a Gem, I'll stick with the group."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Tahnok Nuva

Tahnok growled, there wasn't enough time to test his theory. He melted part of the ceiling above them to drop a boulder down to block the incoming bolts and use as a shield, however temporary it was. Will that thing never cease this?! He started pushing the boulder torwards the source of the energy bolts.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Naberius

"I see... so the Makuta were correct. This provides much information as to what happened. My gratitude, great Makuta. But something about what you said intrigued me. Your world's Makuta are aligned with Light? This, I would never have expected. I suppose wonders never cease." Naberius mused, as his eyes followed the bouncy Av-Matoran-Makuta-person. This experience was getting stranger. At least this strange Makuta had given him a lot of information on this place. "I do need to return... My own Makuta lord will be questioning my whereabouts. I suppose I need to survive. And perhaps... make allies. Lady Makuta, may I, Toa Naberius of the Clan of Lord Kojol, request to give you my support in the coming battles? It would truly be an honor, and a learning experience."

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

"Okay."

Tomo said that pretty casually. A more paranoid person might wonder if she had realized the full import of the situation.

Well, she had. She had just made her decision extremely quickly. After all, having this person who was used to serving under Makuta accompany her wouldn't hurt.

IC-Ignis

After a bit of wandering, Ignis came across a market of sorts. Remembering the message he heard soon after awakening, he decided to ask someone for directions. "Excuse me, fellow warrior," He said to a Toa clad in black and white. "Do you know where the arena, or so I'm called is?"

OOC

That's you, Arcticfreeze17, and It's Maglev I'm referring to.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Virse - Training Sector

She hesitated to leave all the delicious food that she had left uneaten, but her stomach was already beginning to ache from her overindulgence. She couldn't remember the last time she had eaten that much.

She humbly listened in silence to the description of his abilities, though she had many questions. It would be unwise to interrupt a Toa of Light who wears the robes of a Great Being. Perhaps it was not blasphemy, but rather the highest honor.

...and it glowed. Her eyes widened as the force bolt shot from his hand. It truly was a great and unusual power.

"How did you... come upon such favor?" she hesitantly asked as he fell silent.

IC: Maglev/Foodcourt, Talking with Ignis

I turn to a voice directed at me. It came from a somewhat shorter being, another Toa. He was different somewhat. Was it cybernetic implants? No. His technology was too primitive for that. Perhaps he came from another world entirely. It then came to my realization that I might have made him feel uncomfortable with my silence.

"I'm not entirely sure about the layout of this place. I'm also new here."

Perhaps I could strike up an alliance of sorts. But of course, I always work alone.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Langmuir - Knowledge Center

My expression stayed impassive, a skill with centuries of practice behind it. Innate mimicry? It was quite the interesting power. While I had not heard of any beings possessing it, I had known several warriors that practiced it. Learning their opponent's moves, style and weapons to defeat them.

I had considered myself a fighter like that, a long time ago. A Forger of sorts.

"You need a weapon, you say?" I grin slightly before raising my hand, the air ripples with heat like that around a forge and anvil. A gleaming steel sword is brought into existence in my raised right hand. A simple weapon applicable to a wide range of fighting styles.

"Several of the contestants last round had a similar weapon," I offer the handle to Mirror. "Maybe wielding a weapon as such will allow you to mimic their movements."

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

He carefully pushed the blade away, though his eyes gleamed with excitement. If he could just figure out his skill... "No, thank you. I... I have my lance, for now, but perhaps... it could be useful in the Arena. Your variety of weapons combined with my... mimicry... can you form other weapons?"

With a steely flash, the sword is reabsorbed into my being.

"I encountered over a thousand blades in my lifetime. All of them are available for projection and utilization. Though, unlike you. I do not possess the skills to be proficient with all of these weapons. I only know how to wield perhaps a dozen with anything approaching mastery."

...but close to it

IC: Dartakh (Lower Hallways)

"Then why do you let him hang around near you? Are you just being nice?" I turn to look at Madman. I'm not sure if he's trustworthy and he seems to be an irritating person, but he does have a Mask of Flight and a rifle. A potentially useful ally in the arena. "Do you actually have any allies, Madman?" I ask him with a slight grin on my face.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Mirror put a hand to his chin in thought. It would appear Langmuir could only make blades, but he had already seen a wide variety of blades in the Arena recordings. His Shard Lance would not be ideal for every strike he had seen.

"Perhaps... you could show me sometime," he said. "My own skills with the blade are... lacking right now. I... I'll admit I have not... fully grasped the ability... yet."

With the simple and one-word response, Naberius wasn't quite sure what to think at first. This Makuta was definitely less formal and imposing than the ones of his world. Really, her every action was making him question Makuta as a species. "I... I thank you. It will be easier working in cooperation with a Makuta, as I have in the past more times than I care to remember." He shifted his weapon, held in his right hand with the end resting on the ground, briefly wondering when the round would actually start.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC-Ignis

"It seems you know as much as I do, Stranger." Ignis said. "At least I have some time to review my strategy before I get into the arena..."

OOC

Just to clarify, can anyone enter the Arena during a round, or is it sealed off for the duration of it?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Cast-Comfort Sector

Cast received the Host's announcement as he was making his way with the barrel back to his room. Upon hearing it, he increased his pace, not wanting to be left holding it when the match started. He didn't like the fact that he would know nothing about the match before it started, but he had no reason to decline right now. 

The barrel made the room just a little bit better, and curled up on his bed to rest for as long as he could.

OOC: @Daronus The contestants participating are teleported in, and those that are knocked out get teleported out. Really, the only use for the doors was everyone filing out at the start of the RPG, when the first batch of contestants appeared inside the arena.

IC - Ardian (Training Sector):

Ardian bowed his head. "I dedicated my life to the service of the Sun, and in exchange, it has graciously awarded me with this ability." As fun as destroying the dummy had been, he did not yet wish to waste any more power, and risk activating his obeisance. Though there were plenty of men available in the facility, he did not like the idea of sexually assaulting any of them. Especially seeing as they were all armed to the teeth and extremely proficient in combat. With that in mind, he satisfied himself by stepping over to the downed target, and examining it more closely. As he had expected, its connections to its limbs had been weak, and it wasn't solid, but rather hollow. Nonetheless, he figured from the damage done that a real person would be suffering some broken bones from a direct impact, not to mention being knocked off of their feet. What's more, his demonstration had certainly succeeded in making a good first impression on Virse, and anyone else that may have been observing.

So, all in all, this power was pretty boss! He was really starting to like it. If it wasn't for the whole thing about having to kiss a man or die whenever he used up all his power, it'd be pretty much perfect.

IC Kat:

I froze. With visibility as limited as it was, I could barely see my own feet.

Gingerly, I traced around my feet with my blade. I heard nothing but the scrabble of dirt both times.

<"Xara. I got nothin' here. Think it was you.">

IC: Xara - Tunnel.

I stood very still and gently felt the ground around me with my hands. Nothing. I checked under my feet. No pressure plates or switches. <"Nope, it was definitely you. I told you to watch your step.">

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

He had no idea what the Makuta meant by "Toa are tall where you come from" but he could definitely answer the other question. "Well... I was made General of Makuta Kojol's Toa. I know that probably means little to you. I am a Toa of Gravity, which obviously gives me command over the force of gravity. I've learned many ways to use this power, and one such way is to add power to my weapon's swings by altering the pulling forces around it. My weapon..." he hefted the large hammer-club object. "It does not have any special ability, but it does not require one to be deadly. The other thing I possess is my Kanohi Mask of Intangibility. Its name really speaks for itself. I suppose the only other relevant thing would be that I have fought Toa of many, many elements, even clashed with Makuta of other clans. Needless to say, I've battled before." He paused a moment. "I apologize... that was a bit long-winded. I assume you possess the usual abilities of a Makuta? Or might they be different in your home world?"

OOC: I nearly forgot about that whole Melding thing where Toa are Matoran and vice versa. Also... this thing keeps changing my text color to black in the middle of my posts. Curses.

Edited by Urchin

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC: Virse - Training Sector

He could not have come across this by worshiping the sun. "Sun" must be the name of a Great Being she was not familiar with. Every village had their own patrons, and she couldn't possibly have visited them all.

She bowed her head as he turned to inspect the damage. "My apologies if I... offended you or your patron. Truly, your devotion to his great power must be unmatched."

"Well... The Great Beings trained us to cast out our inner shadow, so our elemental affinity has been shifted to light. Some of our secondary Kraata powers are different as well. Anger becomes peace, hunger becomes prosperity, etc... Wait."

Tomo stood still for a hit before throwing her hands up in the air in shock.

"WHADDYA MEAN I CAN ONLY USE THREE POWERS HERE?! GrrrrrRRRAAAAAAGH!!!"

"Oh wait. It was on the form."

Tomo was miffed and had a brief tantrum before calming herself down. Turning back to Naberius, she stated: "I seem to currently only have access to Elasticity, Shapeshifting, and Quick Healing. I specialize in those powers though... It might not be that bad..."

Mirror put a hand to his chin in thought. It would appear Langmuir could only make blades, but he had already seen a wide variety of blades in the Arena recordings. His Shard Lance would not be ideal for every strike he had seen.

"Perhaps... you could show me sometime," he said. "My own skills with the blade are... lacking right now. I... I'll admit I have not... fully grasped the ability... yet."

"Yes, that would be a good use of downtime between rounds. Were I you, I wouldn't be too worried about this upcoming round. The arena seems to have a strange mechanic wherein fighter's corporeal bodies are not harmed from events in the arena. Several of the people I've seen die in the video," he gestured to a particular fight between a caped, longsword wielding Toa and a Ta-Toa. "I've also seen walking these halls, even this sector."

I leaned back in my chair, content to relax in preparation for battle. I had never seen the use in psyching yourself up. "So, a round or two will help assess our opponents. If your mimicry works as you describe, you may even be able to match the pieces together, so to say. Observe various fighter's styles and work out who would be best dealt with in any particular way."

...but close to it

Mirror nodded. He had assumed as much from the introduction, though death was not his concern for the next battle. He took a seat next to Langmuir, but could not find it in him to unwind. He couldn't fight, and he hadn't managed to use his reflexes yet.

"I hope so..." he mumbled.

-==GEM OF MIST==-

Regardless of who it really was who triggered it; the two would feel something fly past them rapidly, barely out of the way. Whatever that pressure plate had triggered; it wasn't good.

• Upvote 2

IC:

"Y'know, I think I've seen that show before." he idly mentioned following Maccha Yellow's! exit. Granted he did look a bit... different than he remembered.

The green one was the best girl and his first crush as a young boy

And none must ever know.

"Wonder what other types we'll run into. That guy's oozing enough spirit that I can feel it from here."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: You know the drill

IC: Meanwhile, a smug smirk appeared upon the face of yet another Av-Toa, sitting alone at a table where a small mountain of plates, utensils, and assorted bones and scraps was quickly amassing.

Dinner and a show! How quaint this place was. It had been a strange experience, true, being taken from his current conquest and into this new dimension.

But not bad, by any means.

Taken from one battlefield to another? No complaints on his part. Especially now that he didn't have those craven Dark Hunters breathing down his neck every second. The quality of the assassins and bounty hunters they had sent was frankly insulting. Seriously, a B-Grade Onu-Toa reject sent to challenge him, the Prince of Light?

Preposterous! Before that fool even had time to make his first move, after a failed ambush no less, his head had been blown clean off by the Av-Toa's bodyguard, let alone the man himself. Were he not in the middle of purging that island fully of Visorak, he had half a mind to go to their island himself, and pay that "Shadowed One" a visit. Oh yes, he and his cowardice would be brought into the light, for all to know. But as it were, squashing literal bugs was more profitable an adventure to him than metaphorical ones.

That, honestly, was insult enough for his taste. Besides, he had bigger problems to deal with now. Like the fact that he had been summoned to fight in an interplanar, inter-universal tournament.

Okay, rephrasing it: More -immediate- victims at hand to deal with. That was better. Really, the only problem he had with this is that he'd come here alone and without warning.

"Here's hoping that those two numbskulls back home don't drop the ball whilst I'm away. I wouldn't want to have to add their heads to the pile I'll be bringing home."

One last plate that formerly housed a T-Bone steak (cooked rare, of course. He was a Prince, he had taste.) crashed to the top of the pile as the muscular Av-Toa rose, having caught wind of a training center from that yellow garbed circus performer's conversation earlier.

There was a new round coming up, and he could use someone to warm up on.

Whomever they may be, they should consider themselves honored to lock horns with Prince Vegetoa.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Xara - Tunnel.

<"I'ts okay,"> I said, shuffling sideways and pressing myself up agaisnt the tunnel wall. <"I think it mist us.">

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Three powers... good thing Naberius only really had three abilities. But they were good ones. And he was glad of that. "Still, even three Makuta powers are formidable in battle. I once witnessed a small foray in which Lord Kojol, using only Chain Lightning, wiped out a score of the sixty-odd invaders. I should imagine that your abilities are no weaker than his." He stated his thoughts simply. The bouncy Makuta's abilities could definitely come in very handy, and he was sure she could use them very well in spite of her... dare he even think, childish mannerisms. It wasn't his place to question Makuta, after all.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf