You'll Be Here For How Long?

Toa Smoke Monster

So, I was thinking about BZP last week, and I thought about how the forums have returned. I was really excited to have the site back and to hear from my friends again. Then something occurred to me. Before the downtime, I used to be here all the time, posting a lot in various forums and posting at least one chapter of my epic a week. Now, I spend a lot less time here. I rarely make more than two or three posts a day. I haven't even posted another chapter of my epic since the forums returned. This is not because I've lost interest in BZP or Bionicle. I still interested in them a lot. Its because I now have a lot less free time to be on BZP thanks to me having two jobs and other activities to do. I then asked myself this sad question: How much longer do I see myself being on BZP? I mean, I planned on staying here for a long time, but, sadly and honestly, I don't see myself being here 10 years from now.So this is the question I ask all of you: How much longer do you see yourself staying BZP before you leave for good?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

UltraHau: Always bet on him.In other words, probably forever ^_^

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Dunno. Maybe a year, maybe less. BZP is a fun place, but I've lost interest in Lego, and I only seem to post in CoT now. I'm annoyed at certain things here, but not a big deal.But, I figure when the next big "flame fight" happens, I'll either be banned or be smart enough to decide to leave.

I'll stay for a long while. As long as I'm interested, really.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I couldn't say. I though I'd left for good just over a year ago... but here I am again, so I evidently hadn't. As such, my future on BZ is unpredictable/So... yeah, I'll probably just be here for as long as I can't find anywhere more interesting online to spend my time instead :P

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I'll be here as long as I can be here, despite my now much smaller interest in LEGO as a whole (that doesn't mean I have no interest at all). There are still other interests that other members share, and there are also forum games, and there are also the members themselves.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Either as long as I am interested in LEGO (which will hopefully never stop being the case :P) or until I grow tired of my staff job (which is my main activity when I don´t have much time to post) or my job of reporting news (which isn´t an actual job, but hey, I´ve got a title to be worthy of :P). But even after retiring from the staff (if that should ever happen), I would still stay a while longer.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

If I ever run out of fanfic ideas, I may leave. But that won't be for a while, I expect, since I still have lots of fanfic ideas and I will probably come up with more as the years go on.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I've honestly no idea. The site's a lot more low-energy than most of the ones I frequent, which is a nice change, but there's only so much a forum can do when its topic is done and over with. Had I not left in '04, I'd be more inclined to stay, since I'd have friends here, but as it stands I'm rather on my own.But all that negativity aside, I've no plans to leave.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Whenever the site self-destructs somehow. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I was truly thinking of giving up on BZP when I had completed my stories, and at a time in the RPG forum where I can leave easily. To be honest, I can't answer the question, because I really don't know.If I were to guess, I would say that I would be on BZPower as long as I had internet access and free time. Provided that the site still exists, of course.-Skar

As long as I'm happy here, I guess. Who knows how long that will be? I started losing interests in the goings-on of the site when I first came to college, and continued losing interest when BIONICLE ended. I pretty much stopped posting well before the downtime, but at the same time the site is now feeling a lot more welcoming since the downtime ended and the focus shifted more in the direction of general LEGO rather than strictly BIONICLE.Now, naturally, there are still things that bother me about certain parts of this site and the BIONICLE fandom. There's still a far-reaching misconception that BIONICLE's cancellation was abrupt and spontaneous rather than based on real factors like diminishing sales and difficulty drawing in new fans. Connected with this are certain BIONICLE-centric ideas that BIONICLE was the main reason TLG recovered from their economic struggles of the 90s and early 2000s, and that BIONICLE was LEGO's most successful theme. Then on the other hand there are bitter fans who began to lose faith in BIONICLE long before it ended and consider its cancellation merely a result of bad decisions made during the theme's 9-year run.These things are going to continue to bother me, but what I think is more important is that with BIONICLE mostly out of the picture and various fans moving on to other themes, I think fans in general are beginning to accept that the BIONICLE fandom is just a small slice of the LEGO fan community, and thus that they need to be open to people who prefer or even just enjoy other themes. Some people still feel Hero Factory is a shallow attempt at replacing a theme that had a lot going for it, or that BIONICLE should be given a second chance, but there's no longer that same widespread attitude that TLG was a big bad corporation with no regard for its customers, and I think that's a big improvement. And because of that, I personally feel a lot more comfortable sticking around and discussing the pros and cons of themes like Hero Factory, BIONICLE, and Ninjago.Will it last? Hard to say. I don't think BZPower will ever quite be the same as it was before BIONICLE ended. But in some ways I think that's a way for the community to find new opportunities for discussion and collaboration.

Besides, now that Bionicle is done, this is really just a Lego forum, and there are some much better Lego forums out there.

Shots fired! But in all seriousness, I imagine BZP's stream of new members has all but stopped. Even though the site is shifting towards a more general LEGO theme, I don't imagine we'll see much in the way of members joining for that when there are more established general forums.I suppose I'll be around as long as the community that's already here is.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I imagine only about another year or two. I was starting to lose interest in BZP after Bionicle died, and the downtime certainly didn't help any.Besides, now that Bionicle is done, this is really just a Lego forum, and there are some much better Lego forums out there.10001010 BC 10001001

Personally, I like BZPower post-downtime a bit because, given its origins, it approaches LEGO from a very different perspective. I'm a member of some other online LEGO communities, and most of them don't take "story themes" nearly as seriously-- much less "constraction themes".As an example, here on BZP in the LEGO Discussion forum, there is a topic about Knights' Kingdom with a lot of people posting how fondly they remember the theme, or how they wish they had gotten more sets. In many general LEGO communities, Knights' Kingdom is hated by a lot of people for the so-called "jellybean knights" who formed the main cast, the plentiful fantasy elements, and the action figure sets. Hero Factory and BIONICLE have earned some respect with the general LEGO community since they started, but there are still a lot of AFOLs who in general don't consider action figure themes "real LEGO".BZPower's history as a BIONICLE site therefore gives it a sort of uniqueness. Themes that break from LEGO traditions are often celebrated rather than condemned. The perspective of the most recent generations of LEGO fans is appreciated, even if back in the days of BIONICLE people often blamed seven-year-olds in focus groups for all the decisions in that theme which they disliked. And of course in general LEGO discussions fans of BIONICLE are often used to not being taken seriously, so they won't necessarily assume that their preferred LEGO themes are the only ones that people can enjoy.