Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

The Avsa can drain light too; that's what Vamprah kept trying to use, as did Lev's character back in Island of Pain. /personal experience. xP

Sounds good to me, though. ^^ Just wanted to put that note out there, because, well, first thing that comes to mind is super powered tuyet. xP

Edited by An/A Blade

I thought it was a top-style spin, which would be possible if Okavaung had enough angle on Aclarung. Why that would be beneficial in that situation is confusing though. 

My reading, both of the posts and the above argument, indicated a longitudinal spin (ie roll). Partly for the very reason that a top style spin not only produces no benefit, as you noted, but is actually more impossible than a longitudinal roll. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

If Ignis was still alive when the surrounding bubble broke, I would've given him a scene where he stares at the advancing wall of water in horror, goes "OHHH NOOOOOOOOO-" And gets knocked off his feet by it. The rest of the opponents probably would have an advantage over him, as the armour he's wearing makes him way too heavy to float.

Oh well, I think I'll get my chance to pull of a humorous scene with him in the next battle.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

The Mist Gem quest seems to have ground to a halt. RIP Xara. :(

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What team is Donrieda on?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Okay, thanks.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Planning on having him come across the fight between The Wyrm and Mirror, but I'm not sure if Roman's character is still camouflaged or not.

He'll probably lose his camouflage the next time I post as him. The fact that he's fighting close quarters and bleeding is kind of giving himself away, so there's little point to him hiding anymore. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: This is a sphere of ice that Kotak basically spent all his elemental energy on, which he hasn't been using much this round at all (that elemental energy, I mean)...and it's strong enough and thick enough to withstand the water pressure trying to crush it.

Why do you people think knives and hammers are going to have much of an effect, especially given the fact that you are now all stuck in this water?

Erm, Is controls water. I'd think that she'd be able to get a significant force behind the blunt instrument. But if it isn't good enough, I got no problems. You ask question, I give answer. 

Meanwhile, Vagust and Kotak should be running out of air real soon BTW.

Actually, I did the math. Given the relative ease with which they're able to avoid touching each other and such and be semi-comfortable in their space, I figured it out to a sphere with about a five foot radius. Doing a lot of math I came out to about 1.8 hours of air they had between them, with strenuous activity.

As for the water and such - unless you're figuring out a way to move all that water pulling on and pushing against your hammer away from it without having issues like cavitation and such, it's still going to have an effect in terms of drag and such. Simply using more water pushing behind you in the form of current to increase your force in such a short distance so that it'd be strong enough to make a hit to break the sphere?

That doesn't make much sense.

EDIT: Re-did a little math. More like 1.6 hours worth of air with strenuous activity, not 1.8 hours.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The basic argument is that Kotak's spent essentially 90-something % of his elemental energy on making this bubble of ours, and making it strong enough to withstand the water pressure - which isn't so powerful that the average being around here can't easily withstand it (being primarily mechanical being an aside, of course, as we tend to consider generalities from this standpoint with baseline human anatomy taken into play), and the way you wrote your post doesn't make it seem at all like Ismekne is doing particularly much to ameliorate the effect the water will have on the speed of (and therefore force imparted by) her warhammer, it's not unreasonable to assume that her initial warhammer strike would have much of an effect here, although I suppose I'll concede my earlier statement about on dry land. There she'd probably be chipping away at it really quickly and could take out at least a good chunk of it (revealing the center) in just a few blows.

As for more specific considerations of pressure and such, we're currently all doing the math on that and will be back to you as soon as we're done.

• Upvote 3

profiles i guess

Five-foot bubble that can withstand water pressure of the bottom of the ocean and resist warhammer attacks? That's approaching unrealism. Ice powers =/= making yourself nigh invulnerable.

This brings up a few things I was wondering.

1) how far down are we (in feet or meters)?

2) what's the water pressure? (Connected to how deep we are since every 10.6 meters you go down, pressure goes up by 1 ATM). This point is kinda the biggest one since even if the fighters can breath water and sea underwater, they can't do jack if they have trouble moving due to being in an environment that has three to seven times the pressure that would be present at sea level.

Also, unrelated but:

3) how tall are the buildings? Single story? Double? Triple?

And, related to the discussion regarding all these points in the skype chat right now: this is one of the few times I will ever be able to say I'm actually enjoying math.

I'm gonna second this sentiment. I'm genuinely enjoying trying to figure this junk out with liberal application of soft and hard sciences.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

[12:04:53 AM] Otter: alright sweetlings

[12:04:58 AM] Otter: we can finish this tomorrow

[12:05:00 AM] Otter: because it's late

[12:05:01 AM] Otter: agreed?

[12:05:06 AM] Xaeraz: sure

[12:05:11 AM] Otter: awesome

[12:05:20 AM] Otter: and now, since it is tomorrow for me

[12:05:23 AM] Otter: i must go to sleep

[12:05:24 AM] Otter: adios

[12:05:26 AM] Xaeraz: official stance: it's actually molasses

[12:05:30 AM] Xaeraz: night yo

[12:05:32 AM] Silvan Haven: My timing

[12:05:35 AM] Silvan Haven: Sucks

[12:05:39 AM] Otter: [12:05 AM] Xaeraz: 

<<< official stance: it's actually molasses

jesus christ

[12:05:45 AM] Otter shudders

[12:05:50 AM] Silvan Haven: o.O

[12:05:58 AM] Silvan Haven: You do not want to know what that would be like

[12:05:59 AM] Xaeraz: obligatory mention of the boston molasses flood

[12:06:01 AM] BZP Click: I would love to watch the bubble burst if it was molasses.

[12:06:06 AM] Otter: i was going to say

[12:06:10 AM] Otter: it's like boston all over again

[12:06:21 AM] Otter: except completely submerged

[12:06:22 AM] Otter: by molasses

[12:06:45 AM] Otter: what happens if stray yeast gets in and begins to propogate itself

[12:06:52 AM] Otter: while eating the sugars

[12:06:56 AM] Otter: would we have a sea of rum

[12:06:58 AM] Xaeraz: everyone become yeast zombies

[12:07:07 AM] Silvan Haven: [Monday, March 02, 2015 11:46 PM] Otter: 

<<< Gravs, even here we're still kinda going by baseline human

Only in reguards to other PCs

[12:07:16 AM] Otter: either way, if it was molasses

[12:07:27 AM] Otter: we'd be in a pretty

*sunglasses*

sticky situation

• Upvote 3

profiles i guess

IC: (Olari, Team Tarakava)

She magnetised the wall beside Wyrm, hopefully keeping him at least partially pinned in place, then had a pole leap from her quiver. She was glad the moulding that held them in place had been strong enough to withstand the flood. She flattened out its tip into a spearhead, then launched it at the enemy. Propelled by magnetic power and her own iron will, the spear moved through the water with as much speed as it would in the air. The same could not be said for the enemy whose chest she was aiming at. Unless he was a fish, which the view of his skeleton revealed he was not, the water would slow him down just like everyone else...

Okay, a few things here.

I probably should have been more specific about this in his profile, but The Wyrm is entirely organic. The only parts of him that might be affected by Olari's magnetising the wall are his weapons, one of which is firing nearly point-blank at Mirror's chest while the other is already in Mirror's chest... so it's a little late for Olari's magnetism to really do anything about them, either. 

Secondly, while he is indeed not a fish, The Wyrm has a build not unlike that of a crocodile, with muscular tail and legs to provide plenty of force to propel himself through the water. If Olari really can see his skeleton she can probably see that for herself. 

Also, what direction is she attacking from? Click's posts made it sound as if Olari was behind Mirror, whereas The Wyrm is attacking from in front of him. Therefore Olari's Akaku and spear would have to be directed through Mirror to attack The Wyrm as directly as your post would suggest. 

Only seeing his skeleton she can't see he's organic, so she's just trying a default tactic I think she's used a few times now. If it can't work then it can't work.

From what I know of crocodiles, aren't they not actually that great at swimming? Wait, let's clarify that as "not that agile in the water". I mean, they're not hunters like a shark or dolphin, they're ambush predators. They wait around for food to come to them and then just overwhelm it with superior strength. They're big scaly hammers really, not precision tools. So even assuming she sees "big legs and tail" as "for swimming" and not "for balance when bipedal" she might guess he's not going to manoeuvre well when pressed.

I've been assuming Olari is parallel to the wall, making Mirror and Wyrm a sort of police line up position. If you've got something suggesting otherwise you're going to have to point me to it because my capacity to search through posts is sort of limited on mobile I'm afraid

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Ah, okay. Makes sense.

Not incredibly agile in the water, no. But capable of powerful and sudden bursts of speed, yes. But your point about Olari's observations makes sense. I kind of interpreted that part of the post as the writer's assumption, not the character's. Thanks for clarifying that.  

As for the third point, I was referring to this:

IC: Mirror - Arena (Team Tarakava) (fighting The Wyrm)

There was a crash from just behind him, and a voice from just ahead of him near simultaneously. Now he knew there was someone attacking him, but at least he had an ally.

"Move!" he bubbled out to his fellow Tarakava. The disorientation was beginning to fade, but it was the water resistance that caught his attempted dive. A blade sliced across his back, leaking precious fluid into the water. The injury stung, but if he could get away to those healers, he would be fine.

He tried to slice his own blade back, but his movements were far slower than his apparently aquatic foe.

Olari was in front of Mirror, and The Wyrm attacked him from behind. He then turned around to counterattack The Wyrm, which means he turned his back on Olari, meaning she is currently somewhere behind him. 

I hope that clarifies everything. 

The way I pictured it was Mirror was trying to get away from Wyrm's attacks along the wall, so he initially had his back turned, and Olari landed in front of him to talk. As he spun to strike at Wyrm, he ended up with his back to the wall as Wyrm's blade hit. He would be facing perpendicular to the alley, and they are each facing inward. Depending on where Olari is standing, she should have a clear line of sight at Wyrm. The police line-up thing works too though, if that was where Olari landed.

I saw the word "Spine" and thought I should come in here and make a joke, but then I decided against it.

so, instead, Mahri nui Water Pressure Debate Update: Skype is a horrible program and should be deleted forever.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

BIGGER SNIP

SMALLER SNIP

Alright, back with search bar power and looking through the posts. First off my police line-up assumption is completely wrong as the fight is in an alley. They only thing you'd see from the side is a face full of building. So I'd would agree with the idea that, when Olari first got there, she was in front of Mirror and Wyrm was behind him. However! You say here that Wyrm moves out the way of one of Mirror's attack and responds with one of his own. Now I would say that Mirror is a shade or two larger than a Toa judging by Mimic's appearance, making him also a shade or two larger than Wyrm, but even if you wished to debate that there's still the fact that Mirror's weapon seems to be a sort of zweihander (cue all the sword buffs leaping in to correct me :P) while Wyrm's falchion is but a sword-sized sword. Point is, Mirror simply has much more range. So Wyrm can't be going directly backwards to avoid Mirror's swing, or he'd be going too far to attack back. He has to be going either to the side (whichever one the wall isn't on) or up, and either one of those puts him into view of Olari without Mirror in between them. Is this reasoning satisfactory?

And for the record, next time I make a post I'm including precise geographical co-ordinates so this doesn't happen again. Someone tell me the precise latitude and longitude of the arena please :D

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Makes sense to me. 

And yes, I too would like to know the coordinates of the arena.