Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

I am going to get so much character development out of this.... 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

In related news I am going to be starting my own faction. Even if you don't want me to.

No it's not staff approved.

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Um.... I have a concern.

With the commercial sector apparently gone, and this new island not really having anything living/growing on it, what has everyone been eating for the past two weeks? How have we not all starved already? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I already posted as Yuri. You can't say it was escargot.

EDIT: Other than that, it might be possible that the supplies for food and such weren't kept in the commercial and comfort sectors, that was just where they were normally prepared. Other than that...

We do have Jorth.

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I already posted as Yuri. You can't say it was escargot.

EDIT: Other than that, it might be possible that the supplies for food and such weren't kept in the commercial and comfort sectors, that was just where they were normally prepared. Other than that...

We do have Jorth.

Yaaaay, Jorth's the hero!

“Those are all of the Rahkshi that I personally slew when we popped out right on top of a school stuffed with them - all sentient. I do believe alternate versions of a few of them were fighters in the current Bionifight tournament.”

“Corpus Rahkshi,” Vertak mumbled. “I’ve read some of the files.”

0funnyohnoyoudidnt_2.gif

• Upvote 4

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well obviously they didn't kill the Corpus Rahkshi, since I'm pretty sure that's where Kat and Xara were from. It must just be one of the many AU versions that seem to be floating around out there.... 

Why don't the locations on the island have finnish names as well

Wailing cliffs = Kirkuvat kalliot

The spine = Kiviselkä

Wilted forest = Lakastunut metsä

City of fear = Kauhun kaupunki

Fields of death = Kalmoniityt

come on aren't these cool as heck

Oh and here come two characters from Kalevala:

Edit: Nevermind I don't think I can handle two additional characters

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

On behalf of the staff, I would like to apologize for the offence caused by the Trophy Hall post last night. While it was intended as more of a tribute to past RPGs, our method of doing so was flawed. 

The post has been wiped and should be deleted once there is a staff member online to receive the report. The events of the post are, for now, being retconned; the fate of the NPC killed within the post will undoubtedly remain mostly the same, but it shall not involve the discoveries that they made regarding other RPGs (or rather, alternate versions of said RPGs).

Future appearances of the Trophy Hall will not make mention of any other RPGs unless the GMs of said RPGs have given their explicit permission.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 5

Question: I presume the Fields of Death also start shutting down synthetics?

Like, pure synthetics. Gyro, for example, was designed simply as a more sophisticated version of a Vahki. Sapient, but not sentient. Any current sentience is a matter of debate.

I apologize for my... well, whining and complaining. Its been stressful lately, and I've been in a bit of a funk. When everyone else sees something different then I do tends to contribute to that. Anyway, reworked profiles for the mech and Gyro.

Name: Gyro

Species: Autonomous Combat Drone (Prototype)

Power/Weapon 1: Hyper-Kinetic Plating- Gyro is covered with plates on hydraulics, and is able to curl into a ball, where all the plates are positioned and can interlock and form a perfect sphere. The plating absorbs and dissipates all kinetic force directed at it by 'rippling' at the molecular level until the ripples are played out. This only works when in a complete, unbroken sphere, where Gyro can only move by using his own internal gyroscope or by using forces beyond his control, like attacking forces. Gyro can extend and retract plates at will, and is able to use them to quickly roll around, or extend his plasma blasters. This plating offers no resistance whatsoever to energy attacks, which may damage the plating enough to null the protective features of the hyper-kinetic plating. Gyro's sensors are sophisticated enough to not be blind when retracted into sphere mode.

Power/Weapon 2: Plate weaponry- when in humanoid form, Gyro can form the plates on his right arm into a short blade formed of two straight, bladed plates. These are specialized, and separate from the carapace.

Power/Weapon 3: Wrist-mounted plasma blasters- On each of Gyro's wrists are a dual-barreled plasma blaster. It is capable of rapid-fire, and can spin to be used in Sphere mode as a pursuit weapon. They accomplish this by extending from the sides when Gyro is rolling forward in sphere form; they can swivel to keep their bearings, but can only move along one axis. When extended, the absorption of the plating is compromised.

Appearance: Gyro is a humanoid combat drone, approximately Toa-sized. Gyro's entire body is covered with plating on two servos that allow it to move the plates independently. His head resembles that of an ant, but lacks mandibles, and is otherwise smooth, and with two plate-servos serving as antennae. He is primarily white and silver, with a bit of blue for his glowing parts, such as his eyes, lights on his limbs and chest. In his chest cavity, there is a spinning gyroscope. When in sphere mode, the sphere is entirely white, with lines that indicate that it is assembled. His processing systems are solid state, and he is primarily contructed of lightweight polymers in addition to protosteel reinforcements for limb components, a significant exception being the gyroscope in his chest. This means is lighter than a Toa of his size, but is not overly vulnerable to Magnetism and Iron; not more so than any other combatant.

Bio: Gyro was a prototype assassin, which utilized an unstable AI. After he was hacked by some of his targets, he gained a crude 'morality' module. He no longer wished to fight for others' commands, but for his own beliefs. He was appointed a covert operative, and hunted down his inventors before they could make more like him.

Personality/Other: Gyro is technically genderless, but prefers male pronouns. He is cold and ruthless, but not without an itch of morality; his awakened AI allows him to evaluate a situation and rely on his own judgement rather than his pre-programmed combat protocols. His synthesized voice is to-the-point, but somewhat soft in its inflections.

Gyro for modification approval. I wanted to clarify his construction; moreover, so anyone with Magnetism can't instantly wipe him, but also some other stuff.

Also, this.

The times, they are a-changing...

Just wondering whether the City of Fear is pretty much the actual, munkiman-created, City of Fear that won Contest #11 back in the day.

No, just named after it. It's one thing to mention stuff like armor from another RPG in passing; not even I am stupid enough to try and perfectly recreate an entire location from an RPG that I didn't even play in the first place.

None of us could decide on a good name or environmental theme for the fear area; the eerily silent empty city bit was different enough from the "let's go tryhard with the creepy natural locations" taking up the rest of the island that we decided to adopt it. I do not know what kind of threats were present in the original City of Fear, but I do not intend on copying it. I think vampires were a thing in that RPG if I'm remembering what Krayzikk said correctly; those will not be a thing here.

E: I can't grammar to save my life right now.

E2: 

Um.... I have a concern.

With the commercial sector apparently gone, and this new island not really having anything living/growing on it, what has everyone been eating for the past two weeks? How have we not all starved already? 

The food and drink that could be recovered have been stored within Engineering and are handed out there as emergency rations. For the sake of the RPG actually maintaining something resembling fun, we'll say that the rations are enough to keep everyone going for the duration of Landfall.

Of course, if somebody destroys all of the rations, that will change. But we (the staff) have no plans to do so.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 2

(Reads the past few posts, and the first page from the main article)

What. The. Karz.

Well, this came completley and utterly out of left field. Now, everything I know has changed, and I'm honestly beginning to fear for the future of my Characters and this RPG. I think I'm going to miss the time when it was just a simple battle arena game...

• Upvote 1

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Hey guys, I said this in Skype chat, but I feel like I should put this here as well.

Those of you who are planning to kill off characters thanks to this event, could you please let me know? 

Also those you have already killed off characters, could you also let me know?

Thanks. 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Name : Langmuir

Species : Toa

Power/Weapon One : Kanohi Taiho, Mask of Artillery. It allows the user to turn any object into a projectile. They can have a maximum of three objects "armed" at any one time, these objects will be held aloft in the air around the user and can be fired at their command

Power/Weapon Two : Creation of Swords. Langmuir's original elemental powers of Iron have been limited and constrained, leaving him only the ability to produce swords and their ilk. Centuries of experience as a blacksmith and warrior have given him encyclopaedic knowledge of blades. Because he is no longer under the weakening effects of the Bionifight Facility, he has a vastly higher pool of elemental energy to draw from giving him an almost unlimited number of blades to work with. He has knowledge of various solid, lustrous metals. Allowing him to create weapons out of non-ferrous materials such as aluminum, sodium or lead.

Power/Weapon Three : A peculiar piece of equipment, obtained alongside the Taiho during a raid on Makuta's Vault. It is a durable length of chain stored in a pocket dimension of sorts, he is able to utilize it by mentally commanding this pocket of space to open, at which point the chain can be projected out to bind objects in place. The chain can be summoned from anywhere within his field of vision and possesses an undefined, but clearly great, length. Vestigial remnants of his original power over iron allow him to manipulate the chain with a high degree of precision

Power/Weapon Four : Caledfwlch. Looted off of a dead contestant, it is a hand and a half claymore that boosts the bearer's physical attributes when drawn

Appearance : A sturdily built Toa, he wears the raw iron grey and burnt orange armor standard of Fe-Elementals. Possesses a fair amount of muscle from years as blacksmith and warrior, as well as his share of scars, burns and old injuries. In particular, a rough cough and badly healed rib from an encounter with a suicidal Fa-Toa in his past. The Kanohi Taiho resembles a more angular and heavy Kakama. Curving around to protect the rear of his head and lacking the slits and openings of the mask of speed. His armor is curved, asymmetrical and vaguely ornate, designed, repaired and upgraded over time to offer low-moderate protection from most types of weaponry, though it lacks any specialized defenses

Bio : Former blacksmith, hero, mercenary, born again hero and now man-on-the-run. Once a versatile and kindhearted Toa of Iron, his elemental affinity slowly shifted to weaponry as he felt more and more like nothing but a sword himself. Loss of his family and his adopted band of mercenaries have left him a little wary of close and interpersonal relationships, despite this, he maintains a positive outlook on life and a friendly attitude. Due to years of fighting and living in a perpetually war torn land, he has developed a honed sense of tactics and a knack for maintaining a calm and observational mind on the battlefield. This, combined with an encyclopaedic knowledge of the environments, combat styles, weapons, Kanohi, elemental powers and various abilities possessed by those in his home world make him a highly competent warrior, the man who has the ability to see the trees for the forest, the forest for the trees, the sharp and pointy stick near the foot of the closest tree and the toxic mold growing on the northernmost tree, which would do well smeared on that stick.

Changes underlined.

Name : Maccha Yellow! (Real Name : August)

Species : Glatorian

Power/Weapon One : Knockback SFX! Maccha Yellow has the ability to create brightly colored explosions and smoke with his kicks and punches. These explosions don't do damage as normal explosions would, but possess a very strong knockback effect that can stagger large opponents and fling smaller ones several bio in the air or backwards

Power/Weapon Two : Calling your shots! If Maccha Yellow is able to call out or name an attack or action, it gains strength. For example, a simple punch to his opponent's guard might do little more than jostle them. Were he to call out AMAZING PUNCH, they would be hit with a far greater amount of force

Power/Weapon Three : Jikan Blade! : A stylized heavy cavalry sabre with a clock-face in the hilt. Besides serving as a trustworthy and well made sword, it has a special attack can be activated once* per fight. When the special attack is used, a single strike is "multiplied" and produces two simultaneous** strikes. Maccha Yellow! is able to aim the second strike as he pleases. For the sake of your sanity, the actual physics behind this attack are left an unexplained mystery

*Fight being defined as any engagement between him and/or any allies and another enemy or group of enemies

**The secondary strike must be physically possible to perform from the same position he makes the first strike from. For example, no combinations of posterior and anterior strikes

Appearance : A tall and heroic figure. Now bereft of his yellow wrappings, he is revealed as a lean and acrobatic Fe-Glatorian suited in what few pieces of armor his suit had, as well as bearing a heroic bright yellow SCARF and matching BANDANNA that flutter in the wind

Bio : In his world, peace is the norm and the Brotherhood of Makuta and Order of Mata-Nui are little more than rival production companies. He was an actor in a children's show, playing the hero Maccha Yellow, the leader of the Toa Maccha Rangers! Upon his arrival to the Bionifight universe, he found himself in possession of the powers he once only wielded on television! Upon reaching an epiphany after Landfall, he cast off his childish ambitions and has dedicated himself to being a true SEIGI NO MIKATA, not on the screen, but in reality

More underlining

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

On behalf of the staff, I would like to apologize for the offence caused by the Trophy Hall post last night. While it was intended as more of a tribute to past RPGs, our method of doing so was flawed. 

I'm going to be perfectly honest here - I don't understand why so many people were offended by it.

You guys didn't break any rules by having those easter eggs make an appearance, and I don't see what the problem was with saying that your new bad guys blew up some AU versions of those worlds. This is just a game/story, and I find it kind of weird that everyone got so worked up over it.

But then again, most of the games referenced happened before my time, so I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about...

Those of you who are planning to kill off characters thanks to this event, could you please let me know? 

Also those you have already killed off characters, could you also let me know?

Snarl is dead, buried under the ruins of the arena. I'm considering maybe killing off some more characters, but haven't made a definite decision just yet.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, I was planning on doing this before I even knew about Landfall. I was planning on dropping out of the game all together before this all rolled in. For those of you who don't know, I'm not going to be able to RP in a few months, and I need to start cutting back. And so there goes half my characters...

I'm probably going to kill off another character or two sometime soon, so that I can make some prisoner/cultist profiles. 

Given that I have two characters, I think I'll be keeping them. Just waiting for approval for those changes for Gyro.

Actually, that was a point; now that there isn't really a limiter system in place, what's keeping fighters from picking up extra weapons for now?

The times, they are a-changing...

what's keeping fighters from picking up extra weapons for now?

Why do you think Onorax was asking for people to tell him they were going to kill off their characters? 

Given that I have two characters, I think I'll be keeping them. Just waiting for approval for those changes for Gyro.

Actually, that was a point; now that there isn't really a limiter system in place, what's keeping fighters from picking up extra weapons for now?

Fighters can loot dead bodies for weapons if they wish to. We just ask that when you edit the weapon into your profile you note which character you took it from.

I don't see a problem with characters taking the weapons from characters no longer in the game. If it causes a problem in rounds just make a rule that they can only be used outside of the actual Bionifight rounds.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

No seriously. What happened?

Not in a good mood today so I have no intention of skimming through anything but the first post on the game topic.

we dropped the facility out of the sky because those darn nutty cultists got in and

uh

killed two contestants in front of everyone in very disturbing ways right before dropping it from orbit above the island.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian