BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: "Possibly." Jorth looked behind to see if Ekial was following. Since there was no sign of him the Toa slowed down assuming Alisa and Lefia would follow suit. "Or it may be an excuse for finding these gemstone things. They need powerful fighters to get past the defences and an tournament stops them getting bored and turing on each other. And rakes in royalties from broadcasting it somehow from what I've heard.

IC: "Fine. We will restart and hopefully recoup some allies and dignity." This was as much grace as Tuyetkhamun could muster, "How would you like to proceed?"

IC: "Names are not something you have a right to. They are something you earn." Skrall looked at the punching bag Selaphiel had been testing herself against, a sudden flush of aggression colouring the only expression that showed through his helmet, "I have not yet earned mine."

IC: Clinking her glass with Lekona's, Olari looked at slumbering Zakaro beside her.

"Last one to finish their drink has to carry him to his room!"

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Lefia:

"I don't care why they have us here", Lefia said, slowing down, "I just want to know what I get out of fighting for their amusement. I mean, I was doing just fine until BAM, I'm here.  Why should I risk my life, discomfort and stuff in general if I don't get anything out of it?"

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Xara - Upper Hallway.

I pulled out the Gem and handed it over to him. There wasn't really much else I could do, anyway. 

________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Alisa Dare - Hallways.

"Whoa, what?" she pulled up short. "They've got the power to host an inter-dimensional fighting tournament, and you're saying the whole thing is just so they can be entertained while they force us to find some pretty rocks?"

The callous selfishness of the whole concept was making her blood boil. This was just as bad as what the Order of Mata Nui had been doing back in her world, twisting the destinies of others to suit their own purposes. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: The Puppetmaster - Commercial Sector.

He sat down at one of the tables, gesturing for Tuyetkhamun and the others to do the same. "Perhaps we should get to know each other a little better first?" he suggested. "We can find points of common interest, and work towards those goals."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC - Praggos:

Praggos had long since left the general area where he had been speaking to the Enforcer, and had instead relocated himself to the library of the facility. Robotically he searched for an interesting book, found one, sat down with it, and began idly flipping through the pages. To any observer who might see him, it would seem as though he wasn't even reading the book, but instead just sitting there and waiting for somebody, whether that be anybody wishing to strike up conversation with him, the Enforcer, or some other being not accounted for.

OOC: Praggos open for interaction.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC Langmuir

It seemed unlikely that the trio of my comrades had fallen due to clumsiness. Well, maybe Mirror. I suspected it was the work of one of those gems, as the tunnel and pit had a preternatural aura of silence and darkness to it. As if all radiation and vibrations were cut off by a black muffle of sorts.

I created a pair of rock climbing daggers, they weren't very good as I had only specialized in swords... but nonetheless, they allowed me to begin a climb down. Jumping wasn't my style.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC:

"Very different from the books you have presented me." The armored being responded simply. "This... Robot, does not exist in my world. Of this I am completely certain. I have traveled our world, and these diagrams do not match. Much of what you call technology is not such where I am from."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Daltrahk

What the? electricity? Well, this was still too much of a walk in the park. Something dreaded was sure to be coming up, whatever that light may be.

"Don't just stand there, come on!" Daltrahk said as he easily shoved the two Rahks along. Now and then a spark hit his leg or arm and made him jump a bit, but it wasn't too much farther now... Was it?

GM IC - GEM OF ???

As the Rahkshi rounded the corner, pushed by Daltrahk, a brilliant white bolt of electricity arced out from the right-hand wall ahead of them, across the middle of the passage, to the left wall.

"We'd better be careful," Prose commented. Just as he said this, another bolt flared out, then another, and another - each successive bolt being further away down the corridor.

Now the gem-hunters were faced with a veritable web of electricity criss-crossing the tunnel. At the end of the gauntlet was another corner, from which an even brighter gleam of light was seen.

GM IC - GEM OF ???

As Langmuir began his descent, Halken would find his spine brushing against something metallic on the wall closest to him.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

IC - Aclaraung:

In boredom, Aclaraung had taken to traversing the facility, trying to find an interesting conversation he might be able to jump into, as he didn't quite feel like searching for another tunnel and another gem. Hopefully the Host had caught his mental message about the first gem earlier. Soon enough, however, he found a hyperactive Matoran-esque being talking to a Toa of Light, who he stopped next to, boredom showing in his eyes.

"Care if another joines your conversation?" he asked.

OOC: That's Nisa and Ten. haaai~

profiles i guess

IC: Lekona - Food Court

Lekona grinned a bit at Olari's comment...and then Artorre drank his in a flash. In reponse, the Toa of Air did the natural thing, and followed suit, drinking the contents of his glass as quickly as he could.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Nisaduf (Commercial Sector, with Ten and Aclaraung)

She just nods her head in response before Aclaraung approaches, causing her to stop and stare at the dragon for a second, eyes wide, before speaking.

"Oh, wow! You're really big! Do you get hit by stuff lots because of it? Or does it help to have the extra bulk? What kind of dragon are you, not a Kardas, but some other kinda dragon, right?"

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Ten

Ten jumped a bit when the dragon spoke. He knew that there were large, odd beings, but he didn't expect something so...Rahi-like to talk.

Then again, there was that mutant Takea. Ten didn't like that Takea. Ate too much.

He looked over to the dragon, and nodded. "Yeah, it's fine. You kinda startled me there."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC - Aclaraung:

"The Kardas Dragon is one of those weird species they included in your universe, correct?" Aclaraung asked, raising one brow-ridge. "No, I'm not of your universe. I'm from Bota Magna, one of the fragments of Spherus Magna. The jungle moon." He yawned, before retrieving the Gem of Dodging from where he kept it on his person, and showing it to Nisa.

"And no, I don't get hit particularly much. Not even on my own world, where I was quite a bit larger than I am here. I think they reduced my size to make me fit better in the facility here. But I am relatively agile. And this gem just makes it all the easier for me to avoid attacks."

profiles i guess

OOC: Approval for the concept of a sim fight from Blade, some liberties taken by me. Staff are, of course, free to yell at me. :P The following isn't in a locked room, so someone could observe or, if they were feeling particularly brazen, poke their head in.

IC:

I don’t take losing well.

And make no mistake. Last round was a loss. Team won, but I was dead weight. Doesn’t matter if water slowed me down, or if Hound was just plain faster. I was dead weight. Back home, when you give up your powers, there’s one thing they make sure you know. You’re gaining a shield, a resilience, but you’re giving up everything. You will never have a crutch. You won’t ever have something more to draw on when you need it, or any power to aid you. You’ve taken away the Brotherhood’s signature ability, but you’re still ten times more mortal than they are.

You are not a god.

Steel resounds off of steel, my enemy’s strike easily deflected.

You are not even a Toa.

A second swings at me from behind, and I catch the strike on my forearm, grabbing their wrist to pull them into a thrust through the chest.

You are no more than the strength of your arm, the speed of your mind, and the force of your will. From the moment you surrender your Element, your Kanohi, you are choosing to forever be the underdog. Your enemies will be bigger than you, stronger than you, and maybe even smarter than you. They’ll have untold advantages over you. And all you can rely on is your own will. There’s no room for mistakes, and no room for regrets. They’ll both get you killed.

Looking around at my defeated opponents, for the second time, I decide that this isn’t a challenge. The simulator is intentionally pairing me with enemies I can fight. It’s a practice machine, after all, just meant to keep me sharp. But I’m not sharp enough. Lost my edge somewhere, and I need to get that back. I summon the controls for the simulator, conveniently included inside the simulation, and start toying with the settings. Firstly, helpfully placed near the top of the menu, is the difficulty. I crank the rating up with a flick of my finger, and set the number of enemies to be randomized.

Think that’ll do the trick. I didn’t bother to lock the simulator behind me, or restrict viewing. Anyone wants to see this, I don’t care. Not much to hide. Finalizing my little modifications, I ready myself and wait. Not for long, though, simulator doesn’t waste time. The ‘room’ is replaced in an instant with a barren plain, and upon it, my enemy. Let’s make something clear; Makuta are big. The entire race is. But among ‘em, Icarax has always been big. So for me he’s a giant.

I can feel my heart pumping now. My foe doesn’t wait, firing heat vision as he advances rapidly. I dodge, muscles propelling me forward to meet him head on. No need to give away my trick just yet, because I’d be willing to bet the simulator hasn’t let him know. He lets loose with a savage, reckless slash, one that pushes me back even after I’ve caught it with my own blade. A swipe of the rotating blades on his opposite arm pushes me back, because even in a sim I’m not eager to get shorter by a head. I fall back a few steps, evading the series of slashes and stabs to follow.

This’ll be interesting.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ten

"A...rock. I'm not going to question how that works. It's one of those Gems, correct?" Ten stared intently at the gem for a moment, tapping his chin. It was curious. How could a gem help you dodge?

...Then again, how could he make light hard? Questions like these hurt Ten's brain.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC - Aclaraung:

"Yes, it's one of the many infinite gems surrounding this facility," Aclaraung replied, closing his clawed hand up again and keeping the gem from view. "Dodging is its power, similar to some of the Rahkshi I've learned about since I was brought here. Short trips to the library can be a little useful for things like that."

profiles i guess

IC: Nisaduf (Commercial Sector)

"That's almost as cool as Ten!" Nisaduf exclaimed, standing on her tip-toes to get a better look at the gem. Interesting, to be sure, perhaps she could benefit from getting some in the future? 

"Yeah, Rahkshi have tons and tons of different powers. Any given power's less versatile than a Toa's, but the sheer number is really interesting. Every single power a Makuta has, I hear, and considering that there's probably at least 3 totally different powersets for Makuta across the multiverse then there's tons, and tons, and tons of Rahkshi powers." 

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Snarl - Comfort Sector.

Lounging on one of the couches, eyes sweeping across the room's interior, Snarl waited, and watched. Even after the voice-over had explained everything to him upon his arrival, he still didn't fully understand what was going on here, only that himself and numerous other beings had been kidnapped and taken to this place, to fight each other to the death in an arena.

Over and over again.

Having received no education of any kind, his understanding for the concepts of inter-dimensional travel were pretty much nonexistent, but he had quickly discerned that wherever he was now was nothing like where he had come from. 

He wanted answers. 

OOC: Snarl open for interaction. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

-IC: Hound-

"I appreciate the sentiment," Hound said in a subdued tone, a sad half-smile weakly stretching the corners of his mouth.

-IC: Selaphiel-

"Why do others deserve titles, and you do not?" Selaphiel realised after speaking that she might have overstepped her proper societal bounds, but didn't really find anything too horrible about that and made no attempt at proposing an emendation.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Lady Bajets von  Zakaz VII(Comfort Sector)

A Skakdi materializes in a small room, the room which seems to be the room that she is to use as personal quarters, and looks around impassively. Checking to see what she still had on her- only Mdm. Nikila's Lightning Binders, at least those were spared- she huffed in disapproval. If they're going to nab a Lady right from her very home, they could at least let her keep her possessions! That was an expensive serrated dagger, too. A pity she wouldn't get to use it.

Stepping forward, and out of the room, she paused. There was something in the air here, that she couldn't put her finger on, but- scratch that. Bajets knew exactly what she felt. 

"So this is where you've run off to," she muttered, cracking her knuckles as she spoke again. 

"Brother dear."

Even as she made her way through the Sector, offhandedly adjusting her vibrant tie and golden monocle, Lord Halken von Zakaz III, Esq., would feel a totally different type of shiver run down his rather impressive spine. Call it sibling affinity, if you wish. 

Coming out into a common area of sorts, she noticed, of all things, what seemed to be a Energy Hound sitting on a couch scanning the room. That fact alone was evident enough by both Bajet's skill in reading people's eyes and the Hound not seeming to really care if anyone saw him. 

Deciding that visiting the Commercial Sector could wait, Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII sat down across from a Rahi, crossed her legs, and leaned forward, just watching him as intently as the Hound watched the room.

AGoNWLR.jpg

(OOC: going to make the need for Tahnok to dodge more obvious to him now, by making him try and fail to take that blasts.)

IC: Tahnok Nuva - Tunnels - Gem of ???

It just didn't seem possible to him but, it gave him an idea. It was more obvious to him now that nothing is as it seems here. He would let the Fragmentation power hit and see if he was correct. First things first though:
"Where is Werl?"
Instead of waiting for an answer, he head towards the other end of the tunnel, which had been firing at him not seconds ago, and awaited another attack.

(OOC: Edit: There, changed it so it was clearer as to where he was heading.)

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC:"HUTTAH! NECK SNAP!" Halken roared as he spun himself in the water, swinging one wild fist at the metallic presence he felt on his spine. Nobody touched his spine when they wanted anything good, so it was better to just HUTTAH when he felt someone touch it.

Before he could even sense his fist finding something, if it did at all, he felt another, more sinister chill. His stomach plunged through his feet (figuratively) as he whispered (whispered being a very subjective word when used in relation to one such as Halken) one word to himself.

"Bajets."

IC: Xaeraz stared at the plaque, annoyed he hadn't gotten there soon enough to be close enough to actually read it well.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Ilyin:

"Something wrong, Halken?"

IC - Iesua:

A green blur ran through the jungles, nearly shrieking in fright but managing to avoid giving into that impulse in favour of retaining a measure of air in its lungs so that it could continue to run. It was closely followed by a multi-coloured mass of spiders, blue and grey and red and all other types possible. Suddenly, a flash of silver; the green blur swung around a branch twice, before flying off to land on another branch, and quickly climb up a tree. It quickly ascended, stopping for a moment to catch its breath, looking down to see the spiders below it, all climbing up towards it.

This green blur was Iesua, hunter and forager of the jungle tribe of the islanders of okoto. His crossbow was upon his back, and after a moment his hook-axe was as well. This looked to be the end of the line for him. He reached out to some berries near him, popping them in his mouth - one last sweet snack before he was killed or kidnapped by the creatures below. A quick taste of sourness and bitterness and Iesua spat the berries out in horror, hoping he hadn't ingested too much of them, incredulous over how he could have mistaken the berries. Then it was too late to try and get away again, one spider nearly grasped his leg --

And he found himself in a small space, a message playing back quickly through his head. The next moment he was in what looked to be a locker room, and in another his legs were carrying him away from there as fast as he could run, no thought behind the action, just running away from whatever threat Iesua had perceived. He burst into the commercial sector, looked around for a moment, and saw hordes of unfamiliar beings. It was all too much for the poor, shaken jungle tribe member's frayed nerves.

With a terrified little squawk, the islander collapsed onto the floor, shivering and curling up into a ball.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

IC: Kuro/Gem of ??? With Prose and Daltrahk

"I don't know. I'm not a Rahkshi of Electrical Resistance. One would really help though. I wonder if this is just a coating for the room, and that there is some rock under it." I tentatively tried to slice a piece of metal off with my blade.

OOC: Recommended listening.

-IC: The Shadowed Sakura Blossom-

The earth rumbled, anguished by the childbirth pains of forgotten eons and reborn in the crucible of writhing void.

FLASH

Smoke churned from beneath fissured stone and the forked tongues of lightning pierced what few trees remained. Thunder rolled over distant mountains and threatened to tear apart the heavens themselves.

AH-AAAAAH

The thunder rumbled away, slowly decaying into the ghostly remnant of bellowing rage. In the distance, a single dustcloud rose above the softly rolling hills. The villagers gathered around their doorways and stared in silence. The air hummed with ominous disquiet.

SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE

The figure surmounted the final hill, coming into view of the gathered crowd. He was less than resplendent; cloaked in ridiculously shadowed and overly fortified armour, riding a quadruped that was decidedly too small. Its breaths were laboured and its footsteps uncertain. The rider, in direct confrontation of what was expected from a being of his stature, role, and aesthetic, began to whistle a happy tune.

The crowd stirred, their restless movements in perfect sync with the snorts and whimpers of their various animals. A child, her expression that of depression-inducing confusion, whispered to her mother.

“Who is that? What's he gonna do?”

Her voice was quivering with a great, anxiety-induced disappointment.

“He's going to die,” the mother shrugged with all of the reassurance of a pinless grenade, forced by a life of labour to be totally and painfully unafraid of the truth. “Or, perhaps, if we're lucky-”

HE'LL SAVE EVERYONE OF US

The child did not think this was likely, murmuring as much as she drew in the dirt.

Having reached both the climax of his tune and the edge of the crowd, Typhoeus Livyatan half-lept half-fell from his steed, knocking it over in the process. As he regained his composure and tried his best to ignore the state of his steed, he assumed what was possibly the most uninspiring pose the villagers had ever seen. It was... unbelievable. A child who had just heard of the idea of a hero might think it worthy, but few others; for a being composed of metal that looked as if it had been forged to fill the heavens with blood in the time of Ragnarok, it was shameful.

FLASH

A-AH

Typhoeus didn't seem to mind. He flexed his impressive muscles once more, flashed a toothy grin that was far less calming than he intended, and the addressed the crowd, his posture that of an adolescent giddy to be in their first school play.

“Hiya!”

Dead silence. He coughed and shifted his weight slightly, moving if from one massive, skull-cracking foot to the other.

“This is the Vale of Death and Sorrow, yes? I didn't make a wro-”

“Have you come to save us?” A tall, gangling being had come from the crowd, striding right up to Typhoeus and staring at him as well as his comparative height allowed.

“Save?” An overly confident grin had begun to grow on Typhoeus' face, displaying a collection of teeth that could have torn out the throat of Kronos with little effort. “I've come to destroy. I've come to pulverise. I've come to...” he paused awkwardly, as the crowd grew horrified. Whispers spread like wildfire, as pitchforks and rusty mattocks were gripped tightly. “Extirpate! That's what it was. I just knew it sounded like featherweight. Very tricky word, that.”

The crowd had moved to enclose him, inch by inch. Farming tools were being held in a such a violent way that the few parents who weren't participating instinctively covered the eyes of their children. “Destroy?” The word was raspy, bitter on the gangly being's tongue.

“Oh, yes, yes. I've come here to take out this new God of Light and Storm fellow?” His baselessly happy grin hadn't changed a bit. “I believe he was around here somewhere, although I'm not too trusting of strangers after that incident with the bull and-”

The crowd's collective sigh of relief drowned out the details of his rambling. With a slightly less dour expression, the village's leader turned to his closest neighbor, whispering the words that everyone was thinking.

HE'S A MIRACLE

“Just follow the lightning,” they crowd called out in a cacophony of agreement. Typhoeus nodded once, bumbling over himself in an attempt to thank these wonderful people for their help. He tried to get through the rejoicing villagers, only to find himself surrounded by a mass of people too happy to let their salvation through.

“Erm.”

The child stared at the strange man from across the way, interested as to why his shoulders had to be so much larger than everything else. Didn't seem like a very practical thing to do; made him all top-heavy and removed any chance of his bulk fitting into a normal doorway. She strode over to tap on his knee and ask him exactly why he felt compelled to look like an inverted triangle. When greeted with such a question, he paused, truthfully unsure.

FLASH

“What's wrong with triangles?” It wasn't much of a retort, but it was all he could come up with. Something about this tiny being's stare made him uncomfortable, as if she was judging all of his life choices in comparison to her father's. “What's wrong with getting through doors?”

A-AH

“Touché.”

“No thanks, I've already eaten.”

“No, it's a-” he paused, trying to collect his gleefully fleeing thoughts. “My name is Typhoeus.”

“What's wrong with Typh?”

He tried to glare at her. It wasn't particularly convincing. “I'm a Chaos Warrior.”

“How do you train? Who leads you?”

She was clearly an evil spirit sent by Ra or Ma'at. He narrowed his eyes; her smile grew.

“I'm Mhika. You wanna get through?”

“Very much so, yes.”

She turned around and squared her shoulders, coughing loudly as she did so. It elicted no reaction. “Make way for the-”

KING OF THE IMPOSSIBLE!

That got some attention.

In a few moments, Typhoeus was on the opposite extremity of the village, his massive form surrounded by ecstatic worshippers who threw flowers in his wake. Typhoeus strode as if all the world rested upon his titanic shoulders, until he was a nearly-tiny dot on the horizon, heading towards the rolling, flickering clouds of rumbling gray.

HE'S FOR EVERYONE OF US

The moment he was out of sight, they unanimously agreed that the massive buffoon would make a great sacrifice and might even get them some extra rain. Nothing like a witless warrior for a quick and easy offering.

The earth was cracked and littered with ash, all of the vegetation charred and burned in a wonderful display of power-overcompensation. Typhoeus stood in the bloodstained ruins of the altar, eyes drawn to the mutilated corpse of some poor animal. He felt naked, despite the obvious reality; defenseless and weak. Every rumble of thunder the drums of an unstoppable of enemy. Shivers ran down his spine and his heart beat a staccato rhythm in his chest, as frantic as a hunted rodent.

STANDS FOR EVERYONE OF US

He shifted his weight to one foot, then another. It didn't do much, but it was comforting; like most reflexive actions, it kept his mind off of the obvious. Here he was, looking for a self-proclaimed God, and he didn't even have home-court advantage; all his armour and grit and horns and here he was standing out in the open, biggest target in the world.

He whistled uneasily, fingers twitching at every hint of distant birdsong, every rustling wind. Lightning rippled through the air in the valley beyond, each branching strike turning a tree into a flaming corpse.

HE SAVE WITH A MIGHTY HAND

As he took a single tentative step towards the altar, the sky above Typhoeus split asunder and a being descended with all of the glory and melodrama befitting the situation. He was nearly as tall as Typh, and twice as intimidating; lightning shot from his fingertips, his eyes were supernovae of rage, and an aura of overwhelming light emanated from all around.

EVERY MAN, EVERY WOMAN

“Kneel.”

The words were harsh, disdainful; the speech of a tyrant who had just noticed their slave for the first time in hours.

EVERY CHILD, WITH A MIGHTY

“No.”

FLASH

Typhoeus squared his shoulders, forming a solid wall of muscle and metal. The air rumbled softly, the earth shivered.

The first blow was intended to be fatal; from the left hand of this God, a stream of lightning that would incinerate the mightiest warrior, and from his right, a laser of unstoppable power. The sky screamed as the lightning struck its target, sending a cloud of ash and dust into the air.

FLASH

Broad shoulders still squared, head unbowed. Hand outstretched in travesty of Michelangelo's Sistine holiness.

“By the power invested in me by the Eater of Souls,” the words were delivered with too much excitement and in too adorable of a tone to be threatening, but Typhoeus was entirely too enraptured in his histrionics to notice. “I shall claim your heart, your body, and your eternal life!”

AH-AAAH

The outstretched hand turned into a fist, barring the extension of the index finger. With cognitively dissonant power, the finger gun went pop. Projected kinetic energy ripped through the air, threatening to turn whatever it touched into a collection of broken bones and torn flesh.

GORDON'S ALIVE!

Their movements were those of the primordial things before time and space; moving in wide swathes, obliterating everything in their path. The lasers and lightning had no effect on the towering form of Typhoeus Livyatan, only serving to make him shout with prepubescent excitement, but the blows of the monster that the faux deity could not dodge were horrible; the first, a strike to the chest, had sent the false deity soaring backwards with a whimper as nearly undignified as Typhoeus' accompanying “HIYAAAAAA”.

FLASH, A-AAAH

HE'LL SAVE EVERYONE ONE OF US

His flight was rickety, uncertain; Typhoeus bounded after him, sending rippling bursts of kinetic energy after his target. The earth rocked to the rhythm of the battle of panicked angel and giggle-suppressing daemon. Typhoeus was visibly having a grand time, risking life and limb with every movement.

“W-what are you?” The deity was equal parts amused and horrified; this monster tore through his domain and ignored his attempts at smiting.

Typhoeus spoke bewteen blows and dodges, his fists a blur of furry. “I'm the Face of Death! The Left Hand of Eris! I'm...

JUST A MAN, WITH A MAN'S COURAGE

, and one day I shall be the bride of Apophis himself!”

...Bride?

The counterfeit god's flight ceased, interrupted by the concussive force of a kinetic energy blast, sending the false deity falling to the earth with a half-roar / half-scream of pain. Typhoeus sauntered over, finger pointed in mock-gun that could quickly turn into very-real-death.

“Please,” the deity rumbled through bloodstained lips and cracked ribs. “Spare me.”

Typhoeus blinked. “What d'ya think I was gonna do? Kill you?” His eyes widened slightly at the prospect.

“...yes.”

“Oh.”

YOU KNOW HE'S NOTHING BUT A MAN, AND HE CAN NEVER FAIL

Typhoeus drug the broken and battered body of the false god back to the villagers. At first there was silence, then murmurs of planning to kill him too and prevent the rising of another demanding God, but before a plot could blossom out of the resentment and confusion normally found in lynch mobs, the monolithic form of Typhoeus laid down the vanquished deity and began to walk away.

NO ONE BUT THE PURE IN HEART

The villagers watched in silence as Typhoeus walked away, before slowly dispersing and heading back to their houses. In time, only Mhika remained, her confusion visible in the intensity of her stare. With a fierce determination, she took off after the slowly vanishing form of Typhoeus.

MAY FIND THE GOLDEN GRAIL

He glanced behind him just in time to see the approaching form. Her run was wild, happy; his fears of her depression seemed baseless. He paused and watched her bound over the sprawling low hills.

OH OHH

Just as she reached him, mouth open in breathlessness but expression displaying her determination to tell him her thoughts, his world turned dark. Light shifted into void and then exploded back with new form.

OHHH OOOOHHHHH

It was all metallic. Lights fluorescent and dead; the rhythmic breathing of the runner replaced with the dull voice of the Host's message.

Typhoeus blinked once.

This was new.

FLASH

• Upvote 8

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Intavus:

They were cheering your name again. You stood tall, striking a pose as hundreds of villagers shout your name to the heavens.

Life was good for you. All the food you could eat, alcohol you could drink and good company all hours of the day.

You smiled.

And then in a flash, you were somewhere else, with a weird looking robot man talking to you about a.... Competition? Fights against others in an arena....?

Your face became paler and paler as as he spoke, and when he finally stopped, only one word escapes your lips.

"...what."

GM IC - GEM OF ???

The metal object poking Halken's spine turned out to be a lever extending from the surface of the wall, just above the waterline.

GM IC - GEM OF ???

The metal gave way slightly under Kuro's attack, but out of the hole came more sparks. The electrical arcs ahead of them remained steady, spaced out at oddly even intervals along the pathway, like one might expect from some bizarre sort of laser grid.

Arctic/Ghidora, is it safe to assume that Daltrahk or one of the Rahkshi has a leather grip, or something along those lines, on a weapon?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

IC Langmuir - The Pit

I have passed an event horizon of sorts. A slightly more corporeal layer of darkness in my descent, it felt like eerily cool water. Below it, I can hear my companions. From perhaps ten bio, I drop.

"Coming down!" I curl up during my dive, landing near Mirror with a resounding *splash*

...but close to it

IC: "Well, I would not call anything wrong, so much as that there is a sudden-And unexpected-arrival here," He grumbled, grabbing the Mysterious Lever with both hands. Or, he tried to. Sadly, his hands were too large, his fingers too muscular for him to fit within the bracket of the Mighty Lever. He growled at it, continuing to try and fit his hand in it as he replied to Iliyin.

"My sister has arrived. Don't ask how I know, but I'm sure of it!" A surge of inspiration rushed to him and he grabbed onto the wall the Majestic Lever was mounted on, his fingers snagging purchase as he brought up one manly, clawed foot. He wrapped a single talon around the Mystical Lever and yanked downwards.

Edited by This Is Spinal Thirst
  • Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"Sure!" she chirped, grinning right back at Ten and waving a little to the dragon. 

"Cya later, Mr. Large Gem-owning Dragon! And it's kay, number Ten, it's the thought that counts!"

Slipping around the bulk of Aclaraung, she bounced forward about halfway through the Commercial Sector before stopping abruptly. Without even checking to see if Ten was even behind her she stopped, looking at what seemed to be a green being curled into one tiny ball for some reason. They were also crying?

Nisaduf just blinked. Perhaps Ten could better put this into words? She was honestly stumped. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Mirror - Gem of ??? Tunnel

Mirror paddled over to Ilyin, dragging both his own weapon and the Matoran's. The effort quickly wore him down, and his already pathetic strokes turned weary and graceless. He didn't seem to notice Langmuir's decent through all of his own noise and splashing.

"I have... your axe," Mirror panted when he was close enough. "What... have you found?"

IC: Virse - Upper Hallways to Training Sector

She turned back to give Hound a grin of her own. This one was truly full of surprises.

It didn't take long to find their way to the Training Sector. Somehow, the short route had stuck with her though there were few landmarks to guide her. Just like the desert.

She walked a short ways into the large space and suddenly turned to face Hound. Just like basic training regiments... well, not exactly. "As you've... probably realized, each Toa has control of a certain element. Usually, you can tell by their color scheme. Fire is red, Water, blue, Earth, black, Air, green, Stone, brown, and Ice in white are the most common, though there are also others such as Electricity, Gravity, Plantlife, Sonics, and Light. Elemental control includes creation, manipulation, and absorption."

As she spoke, her voice gained confidence and volume, and a gleam shone in her eye. Her motions were fluid as she demonstrated her words with sand, creating a stream that soon wrapped around her and back into the other palm. The simple, familiar action to her would no doubt look strange and impossible to one unused to it.

"As you... demonstrated before, your species is agile and quick, able to dodge many attacks to get in close. But you lack a ranged attack, something any fresh Toa could manage easily.

"So come on then, show me what you can do," she smirked, setting herself in a sturdy yet mobile position and preparing a blast of sand with her free hand.

IC: Arkrax - Upper Hallways

As he wandered, some unrecognizable green being ran past as if panicked. Arkrax gave him a comforting smile, though in his state, the data elemental doubted he noticed it.

Inside the Comfort Sector, two others who were not represented in his data base waited on couches. An Energy Hound and a Skakdi. Perhaps he should hasten his journey to the Knowledge Sector to update his data. But first, he would send a tentative "Can I ~ help you?" to the Rahi and Skakdi.

OOC: Arkrax speaking to Snarl and Bajets to interaction.

IC: Snarl - Comfort Sector.

He hated it when things like this happened. People spoke to him, and he was incapable of answering. He jumped off the couch and padded over to the creature, sniffing it. Its energy signature was unusual, he'd never encountered anything like this before. 

Cocking his head to the side, he regarded Arkrax quizzically.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Sudrec

"I, I... I see... Hm. Lower technological level than both Spherus Magna and the GSR? Curious. Unless you meant something other than that by your statement...

Sudrec stared at his feet before suddenly speaking up again.

"Who were you before you were, uh, brought here? What was your life like?"

IC: Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII (Comfort Sector, with Snarl and Arkrax)

"Depends," came the Skakdi's answer, as she stood and walked over to the Energy Hound and Arkrax, glancing over both of them.

"If you can help with this.. communication barrier, I presume, as the Hound does clearly seem intelligent and annoyed for that matter, then indeed you may help. Otherwise, no help is needed."

Her silver eyes betrayed little emotion, just a cool curiosity and interest. 

"I'm not sure," replied the little Matoran, moving a little closer to the shivering ball. 

"Hey! Are you okay? Have you been attacked? Don't worry, there's no Kardas Dragons here to eat you, just other dragons that collect gems and read books!"

AGoNWLR.jpg