BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC Parasite:

Finally, keeping just ahead of its prey, it arrived back at the containment center, and burst through the doors, gurgling and grunting wildly.

It span, finally, to face Seven once more, hopefully attracting the attention of its comrades, and it's Herald.

Bone blades extended, and once more it unleashed that despicable howl.

IC: Hive - Containment Centre.

Dragging the mangled remains of his latest failed test subject behind him, Hive heard Parasite's roar coming from somewhere near the entrance, and - with a noise that sounded suspiciously like a sigh - began to walk in that direction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - A.D.

There was no response. However, A.D. might make out the faint sound of breathing from someone... or something nearby.

GM IC: CASTLE FO KURU - DAYETH / DAJIK / SKRALL

The Matoran remained silent as they approached the doors to the castle. When they were only a few steps away, the doors to the castle slowly swung open, bouncing once on their hinges before remaining still. They made no noise. As the fighters stepped into the castle, they would find themselves standing in the middle of a great hall; giant pillars of stone brick stretched from the floor to the ceiling on either side, and the middle of the room was dominated by a long wooden table, clearly intended for dining. Torches lined the walls, the light flickering along with the flames. There were several open doorways, but nothing could be seen of the rooms within. 

Any wounds that DayethDajik, and Skrall had suffered were healed; with the healing came a burning sensation, before the former wounds turned ice cold. 

Each of them felt the sensation of another breath washing over them; this one would feel more tangible than the last, as though the presence were with them. The sensation of fear grew thicker, saturating every fiber of their being, although it was not yet overpowering. The feeling of being watched was no longer a feeling - each would instinctively know that something was observing them. Watching. Waiting.

A hiss.

Shadows, flickering in the corners of their eyes. Ghoulish creatures, racing in and out of view; already long gone before the fighters realized that they were there. Blood dripping down one of the columns, leaking from the corpse of a Toa. 

Movements becoming sluggish.

Something seated in the throne at the far end of the table. Not the presence... but waiting all the same. Watching. 

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen took a deep breath, shifting his wrench in his left hand before opening the door to his office, glancing at the gathering fighters. He took a moment to glance over his shoulder at Vagust and Zelnos before turning his gaze forward, eyes flicking from Xaeraz to Daedalus and finally landing on Kale... and the various other fighters gathered around.

"What's up?" he asked. "If we can, I'd like to make this conversation quick. The sooner I can finish my task, the sooner I get to beat Maeus to death with my wrench."

IC: Snese - Containment Center

His grin widened. Any follower of Tuoni would know they were no "he." And they would know that the humble Cult of Plague had done nothing contrary to the orders of Tuoni. Lies, all of it.

He was about to tell her as much when an all too familiar voice burst in. Snese was on his... well, he was up in an instant and gave a deep bow. "My Lady! One of the invaders dared to intrude on our territory! Fortunately, it was a simple matter to capture her single-handedly." He glanced nervously at the hole Ismekne had smashed in a wall, then suddenly straightened and waved a hand at Ismekne. "The... the Ga-Toa awaits any questions you might have. If she's wise, she'll be happy to answer them."

Edited by Click

IC: Dayeth - Castle Fo Kuru.

"We're here," Dayeth had to force herself to speak up when all she wanted to do was hide. "Who are you?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: CASTLE FO KURU

The figure seated within the throne did not respond, aside from a vague movement that suggested they were beckoning the group closer. The Matoran surrounding the fighters, trembling, began to comply.

IC: Lady Dajik - Castle fo Kuru

Even through her pain, a small grin came to her face as she glimpsed the interior of the castle. This was the life she was used to, even if it was a little... old-fashioned. But that grin was dashed away as her injuries burned as if the lava had reignited, only to plunge into a chill as severe as the heat. She raised her injured hand to her face, but it was injured no longer. The fingers trilled idly through the air, as strong as ever. She straightened as the damage to her side was repaired. All at once, the Lady Dajik was home. That false, pleasant grin was on her face. Her hands held out, ready to perform the duties of a host.

But she was not the host here. And this was not Metru Nui. As quickly as the facade appeared, it vanished into a hunter's wariness. Something was moving in the shadows. Something was... watching them. Searching for any sign of faltering. She could not falter. And so she moved towards the seated being with leaden, yet graceful motions.

She took a deep, shaky breath, then let it back out. Here goes nothing.... She began to edge closer to the throne.....

As the fighters approached the throne, the figure seated upon it would slowly become more visible to them; a hideous, grotesque-

-handsome, charming figure, clearly a Toa of-

-figure with blood dripping out of their eyes and insects crawling around in their exposed-

-Air, straightening up as they opened their mouth-

-chest cavity, worms squirming, packed into their gaping mouth, dropping to the floor-

-to say three words.

"Who are you?"

The voice was deep, and raspy. It sounded vaguely amused.

Dayeth, with the presence stronger with her than the others, would feel a sudden wave of disdain for the Toa seated before her that was not her own; however, there followed an indication to leave the Toa alive, and to obey whatever his commands were... for now.

"They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," she mused, "But I'm not feeling very flattered." More disturbed than anything else. The way the Toa kept flickering between alive and undead was creeping her out. "I'm Dayeth."  

GM IC: "I have no quarrel with them," Masenna replied. "And I have no desire to have one. This is why I sent you to find others that I might negotiate with them. We need to speak to their leaders to keep our family from perishing."

GM IC: Tuoni took the object from Maeus, examining it, twisting it this way and that in their hand, before holding it out to Frostbite's kneeling form.

"Frostbite, take this to the Trophy Room. Place it on my throne."

IC: "Try some Asear berries with the marinade," Zephyr said offhandedly, managing to make even a shrug look haughty and dismissive. "They're rare enough that only the temples of Mata Nui get any. If you're as good as you act, you should be able to make them sing, no?"

IC: Venix sighed as she came to a halt behind Venga, throwing her hands in the air in mock exasperation.

"You lout!" She snapped, jokingly. "You must have cheated somehow."

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC(A.D.): So it is a creature, The dragon mused. Is it intelligent? A.D. scratched his dragonly head. The maze, the trap, and the living? mirror suggested a clear intelligence behind the whole thing, even if it was just an old rigged trap by someone from long ago. However, the person could have just left a Rahi of Shadow in the the trap that was ravenous and out for blood. Or it could just be more innocents. 

"I'm not here to harm anyone who does not wish to harm me." the dragon said. "If you're just an innocent villager who is scared, I am with you. Maeus is a scary person. But if you are the person who is putting a shadow field on this place and tried to trap me for no reason at all, and otherwise want to kill me, then I'm going to have to fight."

IC(Ismekne): "Apparently I have made too many errors in logic, great Sairus." Ismekne said. "Please pardon my lack of memory at the moment, and my failure to give you the proper respect your great name requires." She groaned. "One of your subjects, a particular robot, has disabled my normally graceful movements." 

Once again, there was no response.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU

"I am afraid I must take my leave once again, dear Tuoni," Maeus said, bowing low and sounding nervous. "There are... other matters, to attend to. Ones that... I would... do well not to ignore."

One of the remaining Matoran pointed to Dayeth

"They are all blessed," they said.

"But he speaks to the Toa," another continued. 

"Rewards her," said a third.

The Toa held up a green armored (rotting, molding) hand, silencing the Matoran. His eyes gleamed behind the Hau (sank into his skull, shrivelled and dead) as he stared at Dayeth with open curiosity (utterly blank), nodding slowly.

"And what of... your... companions?" he asked slowly, (the worms squelching) turning his gaze onto Dajik and Skrall. "What might I call them?"

Edited by Lucina

IC: Dio Folle

What to do... Dio Folle morphed seemingly random. First she was an agori of stone, then some random glatorian, then a spikit, before morphing back. Huh... Maybe she should head for the ominous castle that was close by. Seemed to be her cup of tea. And after all, she had not paid the Herald of Fear a visit in a looooooooooooong time. She started walking over to Castle fo Kuru.

IC: Draco

Oh for the love of- Draco sighed, face palming. "Why do I even bother warning them..." He muttered.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - DIO FOLLE

Dio Folle would find that the gates to the castle were closed - however, if she were to touch them, she would feel a mental nudge in the opposite direction. A hint of a target waiting to be met....

IC: Anguish - Mourning Porch.

"They clearly have no interest in negotiating..." 

"I.... don't actually know," she admitted, "They followed me here." 

IC: Lady Dajik - Castle fo Kuru

The fear seemed to be suffocating in this place. The Lady Dajik's eyes searched the shadows for any sign of attack. Their host was certainly... unusual. But as strange as everything here was, it also had an air of familiarity. She had seen worse sights than her host. She had caused some of them as well.

As so as she stepped forth, she showed no hint of fear or disgust. Those emotions were hidden, just as she had hidden the hatred and malice in every one of her own parties. She simply gave the being a low curtsy and introduced herself. "I am the Lady Dajik, heiress of Metru Nui, my Lord."

IC: Dio Folle

Dio Folle reached the gate. she reached out to push... Locked. Great. Maybe... Oh? What's this? She had a... Feeling of sorts... She should head the opposite way. Well.... Probably the fact that the island knows best.... Oh please let me kill something... Dio Folle headed in the direction the nudge told her to.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - DIO FOLLE

Although she did not know it, Dio Folle was approaching A.D.'s location.

The dragon would find himself nudging the body of what appeared to be a sleeping Skakdi.

Kale Ironshaper- Engineering Sector

IC: "That sounds like a problem the psychologists back home could help you with, Xearaz. However, if you are set in your decision I won't argue with you. Just know that there is a good chance of this tournament falling apart after all this."

Dreisen had finally finished with whatever it was that he had been busy with. It seemed that the former(?) staff member had a list of things to do as well.

"The group" A nod of the head signified who Kale was talking about." and I have decided to start working towards dealing with the cult on the island and getting home. Particularly without being told what to do by the Bionifight staff. From everything I know about you, you hate this place as much as we do so you don't have to worry. Maeus on the other hand...'

"In any case, we were wondering if you had a list of things needed to fix the teleporter."

There was an odd shouting in the background. The voice was strangely familiar to Kale yet still different enough to make it hard to pin to a person.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

-==IC: Sairaus==-

"How does she know my name?" The Exo-Toa inquired curiously, as she looked over to Ismekne, stepping forward, feet clanging against the floor at every step. She glanced over to Snese for a moment again, wondering what was going on, but then looked at Ismekne, the robotic face being static as always, not betraying any emotion at all.

IC: Snese - Containment Center

"I... I assure you, I don't know, my Lady! Perhaps these interlopers are more... resourceful than we had thought. All the more reason to see what this one knows!" His wide grin seemed even more sincere than usual.

IC: Berekzo - Muaka's Den

As the other prisoners talked, Scriva might notice a sharp piece of metallic stone that seemed to have just appeared within arm's reach. And it was levitating. The only sign of the being that could have given it to her were two bright eyes shining from the darkest corner of a nearby cell.

Edited by Click

IC: OWL

"They look dead. Yet they move. They rot, but they liiiive-"

OWL ran off in the direction Seven went.

IC: Yoko

"Aaaaand there she goes..."

Seeing Tenjou's bow and quiver lying unclaimed, Yoko picked it up. "Maybe..."

IC: Lytrel

Lytrel sat silently in his own little world.

IC: Hive - Containment Centre.

Passing by the corpse storage room, he flung the body inside, slammed the door, and continued onwards with his search for Parasite. That creature was more trouble than it was worth, sometimes...

IC: Scriva - Muaka's Den.

Frowning, she picked up the sliver of stone, casting a wary glance towards the eyes in the cell.

IC: The Wyrm - Wilted Forest.

"I hate this island," he scowled, heading after the others. 

IC - Seven - Wilted Forest:

Seven had followed the beast quite a ways, while somehow said beast managed to tap into some hidden strength and endurance, keeping just ahead of him. Still, he had faithfully pursued the creature, hoping to finally subdue it, find out what it was, and kill it. However, there was another important thing to consider - Seven was no fool. So when Seven had seen that there was a building that he and Parasite were coming up on, his pace slowed, letting the beast get further and further ahead.

And, ultimately, while Parasite might have burst into the clearing around the Containment center and entered it in search of aid, Seven did not follow it that far. Seven stayed further back, his dull colours blending in with the foliage around him, while he sat, perfectly still, observing the Containment center itself. He was far enough back that if any being started hunting for him and came close, he could slip away and begin trekking back to his comrades without a single trace of his being there.

But for now, he waited, and watched.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Berekzo - Muaka's Den

The eyes bobbed up and down as if the creature they belonged to was nodding in approval. The stone dropped into Scriva's hand, no longer buoyed up by its own energy.

It was curious how she had been able to destroy that wall with mere symbols. It wanted to know what else she could do.

The new shard of rock seemed unnaturally sharp. Perhaps sharp enough to....Grinning openly, she began scratching prose into the chunk of wall she'd taken from her cell earlier. 

Everything dies, sooner or later.

Given enough time, even the most ancient of structure's will crumble to dust. 

For this stone here, that time has come.

She straightened to her feet and held up the wall chunk, focusing her powers on it. A moment later, it broke apart in her hand, becoming nothing but particles of powdered rock that slipped through her fingers to drift down to the floor. 

Perfect....

IC(Ismekne): Didn't Snese mention it at some point? "I'm confused - why would I not know your name, my lady?" Ismekne decided to wait before attacking. She was tired, but nodding off in front of the Lady would be considered improper. She sluggishly pushed herself up on one arm, gritting her teeth in pain. If Sairaus looked, she might be able to see the Toa's back wound. 

OOC: Oops?

Dreisen took a deep breath, shifting his wrench in his left hand before opening the door to his office, glancing at the gathering fighters. He took a moment to glance over his shoulder at Vagust and Zelnos before turning his gaze forward, eyes flicking from Xaeraz to Daedalus and finally landing on Kale... and the various other fighters gathered around.

"What's up?" he asked. "If we can, I'd like to make this conversation quick. The sooner I can finish my task, the sooner I get to beat Maeus to death with my wrench."

(IC as Agion, Engineering)

--My, that's... gruesome.  So that's why people talk about what happened to the last intern...--

"The facility is broken, isn't it?  And we have a bunch of angry cultists outside our door.  If we fix the facility, we can bring the Infinite system back online.  Who knows what we can do then--it can heal us, maybe revive the fallen fighters, maybe even turn the system against our foes and use it to kill them, the same way it kills the fighters who run out of lives.  If we get that working, holding our ground against these sorcerers shouldn't be a problem at all.

"Send me on a quest for materials or whatever you need.  Spy on their technology and steal some for you to work your magic on.  I can be as stealthy as I need to be--"  I turned my arm into a Nui-Jaga pedipalp for effect-- "After all, they won't suspect just an average Rahi.  So just tell me--tell us--what to do, but don't say nothing then complain when the cultists have your head on a pole."

(OOC: I'm quoting things now because it makes it much easier to keep track of posts.  Do you mind?)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

"A list of things I need to fix the teleporter?" Dreisen asked. "Ha... ha... ha. All I need is the system's core. The one that my best friend evidently tried to retrieve after we arrived, from what I found. The one we don't have anymore."

The Toa suddenly stopped, shaking his head.

"Without it, we aren't going anywhere. Not with all the repairs in the world," he continued, his gaze flickering between the fighters. "But... maybe, if we work together, we can get it back. I had a plan... you might be able to help, if you're willing to listen."

IC: [Olari - Engineering]

"I see...It might be best to simply find Zakaro and be on our way then. If we all get separated looking for someone who might not even be here then we'll never leave."

Olari started heading towards Engineering's exit to the Wailing Cliffs beyond. She knew Zakaro was on gate duty there, he'd be easy to track down. No sense waiting for a psychic or a stealther who might never turn up.

"Though, if we do happen to run into a telepath on the way, try to snag 'em. I still think they'd be a useful addition."

IC: [Jorth - Training]

With the three (no, four, no five!) of them working at it, they soon had enough of the basket-houses to cover a decent space. They were a bit...lopsided and more than a little pre-broken in some places, but as they were being put up inside there was no worry about rain. Jorth started putting them up around the training pods, where the machinery should keep them warm. No substitute for real rooms, but they'd do for giving people a little private space, something that was sorely lacking at the moment

IC: [Tuyetkhamun - Knowledge]

By the stars and thunders, was everyone who actually got close enough to fall victim to her power going to be immune to her power! This just wasn't fair! Try to make the best of it, try to make the best of it...

"You could learn from this one, Rahkshi. We're all in the same boat, a little trust goes a long way. And speaking of which, it is trust I am offering to you all. I am looking for friends to trust and advisors to keep close. I need..." Slaves? Henchmen? Meatshields? "...friends."

IC: [Venga - Engineering]

"Not cheating, my dear, simply using what options were available to me." His flight adaptions were already starting to wear off, now he was down on the ground and slowed up, "I cannot help it if I'm just that good."

IC: [skrall - Castle fo Kuro]

"I..." He had no fancy title like Dajik. Or land to his name. Even if he had land it couldn't be to his name because he didn't actually have one of those either. But...he was what he was.

"I am Skrall."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Virse - Engineering Sector

Virse looked over to the Toa who had just shown up. She could swear she'd never seen this Av-Toa before, but something about her seemed familiar. That hat... the Kakama, the staff... Virse gasped at the realization. It was the General from the War Games. "He said he was going to speak to Dreisen," Virse offered. "When did you..."

But the Toa was already running off. Virse shrugged and followed after Olari.

IC: Kopen - Engineering Sector

Kopen just tossed back a quick "Thank you!" as she ran off deeper into the Engineering Sector. She didn't know where Dreisen might be, but if she remembered correctly, he was the head of Engineering. He should be around here somewhere.

IC: Io - Dreisen's Office

As the others spoke, the Avohkah Vagust had brought in was growing brighter and beginning to stir.

IC: Glaive - Engineering Sector

As much as he wished to help, his skills would be of little use here. He was not stealthy, and he lacked the ability to communicate mentally. So Glaive remained in the back of the group in silence.

IC Ezezko

「Sounds like you're trying to railroad us into some harebrained scheme. That only works in stories, usually the badly written ones.」 I had been silent but had had to speak up at the Fe/Fa-Toa's aforementioned convenient appearance and knowledge. I mean, was anyone really fooled by him?

Anyone?

I know I wasn't! Last time anyone here had put even a milliliter of trust into anyone related to this tournament, we'd ended up here!

IC Maccha Yellow!

While he was waiting for the Host to deliberate, he remembered the item nestled in his satchel. (everyone has a satchel, even if it's never been mentioned. It's too karzing important to not have one, so it's best to assume everyone does) The strangely shaped Kanohi that the dying Mo-Toa had given him. Something about him being surprised and seriously hoping that I didn't do something.

He was a confusing and short lived character. His shovel had been nice too, but a little hefty for his tastes. It ended up buried with the unlucky magma elemental. He'd used Kanohi several times before, so he made a mental note to try it on later.

...but close to it

IC: Xara - Engineering Sector. 

"Alright, then," I followed Olari.

IC: Miril - Training Sector.

"Well, that was fun," we said cheerfully, trading high fives with ourself.

IC: The Puppetmaster - Outside Facility. 

Hidden away inside his mech, the Great Being approached the facility...

IC: Terry Terrix - Arena Ruins.

"Gotcha!" he pulled what looked to be an intact drone out of the wreckage, only for it break apart in his hands. "Karzit..." 

Holding the stone shard in hand, she headed back into her cell and started going through the pieces of rubble that had fallen from the crumbled wall. Perhaps there was something here she could use as ammunition... 

IC: Zakaro (Wailing Cliffs)

The sun was setting. At least for the Wailing Cliffs, the sun seemed to be setting. Rather, the better way to say it would be that the area was getting darker. Sun was a relative term, one of those things that may or may not exist simply due to the spooky nature of this entire island. Also, none of the GMs had said anything about it, so that might've also been a factor.

He couldn't see any others. That was too bad. With a final glance, Zakaro pulled his sword out of the sand and trudged inside, his powers easily closing the path behind him with a rumbling sequence of moving ground. 

Blinking at the electronic lights, Zakaro turned to the earth-covered doorway and moved to the side, rolling a slab of rock over it with a bit of help from the Pakari. Once that was completed, he was free to lean on it and close his eyes for a few seconds, slumping to the ground. He couldn't let himself sit down while out on the Wailing Cliffs. Zakaro already had to make a focused effort to ignore the sensations from the ground beneath his feet when he was outside. There were many things buried on the Wailing Cliffs, and not all were restful. 

Especially at night. 

"Glad that's over," he muttered, sighing and relaxing for a few more seconds. Food could wait.

IC: Bajets (Outside Engineering, with Halken and Ilyin)

With a final crunch, the golden-armored Skakdi finished her leafy meal and leaned back, taking a moment to relax before speaking again.

"You boys ready to go find Ilyin some new toys?"

IC: Sevyn (Engineering, with Zephyr)

"Asear? Can't say I've heard of them," Sevyn commented, fetching some of the aforementioned fruits which he began to juice into a bowl of the berry peels. As he spun around to check on another of his various projects, he spoke again. 

"Did you happen to bring any with you, or shall I see if I can procure any from my apron?"

IC: Astaer (Engineering, with Kale's Comrades)

The transparent Korumine stood to a side, almost awkwardly. 

It goes without saying that while she was keeping track of the current events, her social skills-or rather lack of-were preventing her from doing much more than standing by the wayside, observing. 

IC: Ajiseni (Engineering)

Aji was eating. 

That was about it. She had completed a scouting mission earlier in the day-"Nothing of note, other than what we've already seen: dead trees, huge mountains, and that weird old city,"-and she was hungry. 

Such was life. At least it was simple, eh?

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

GM IC: CAPTAIN TRONAMEG - MUAKA'S DEN

He sat himself down at a bench in the common area, stretching and yawning. 

It was looking to be another boring day in prison.

A rush of air, and then - the presence of the fear seemed to increase for DayethDajik, and Skrall, even as their hallucinations ceased. The Toa of Air before them now remained his handsome self as he slowly stood to his feet, bowing low.

"I am so pleased to meet each of you. You must all be truly impressive indeed." 

The words were clearly mocking them, intended to anger; but each of the fighters would again receive a feeling of alien disdain for the Toa of Air, as well as the feeling that he was to remain alive.

"I am Aiolos," he continued, standing straight once more. "Second to the Herald of Fear himself, Maeus fo Kuru."

Edited by Lucina