BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: [Olari - Engineering Exterior]

"We're going on a scouting mission and could use the help of a psychic." Since she didn't want to waste time going round and round with questions, Olari went on to explain the whole situation, "One of our number, Virse, has discovered a sort of prison compound in the Spine mountains. We're intending to give it a closer look, see what defences it has, what guards watch its walls, how many prisoners it holds. I feel a psychic would be invaluable, to possibly check on what minds you could pick up on inside the complex, keep the rest of us in telepathic contact, and if needs be to get word back here should the rest of us fall in battle. That last situation is unlikely, this is intended to be reconnaissance not a raid, but there is the possibility we will be discovered and attacked. At the moment the team consists of myself, the Rahkshi Xara, Virse and hopefully Toa Zakaro. Can we count you in as well?"

IC: [Jorth - Training]

"I'll settle for awe-inspired. Unless you're a vegan its been me padding out the surviving rations for the last couple of weeks," Jorth puffed his chest out in a parody of pride, "There's been fewer grumbling bellies thanks to me and my meat."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Snese - Containment Center

"I resent that!" Snese called from behind the Toa. "I would never kill you in such a... barbaric manner. And certainly not before my Lady demanded it!"

IC: Hive - Containment Centre.

"I take no pleasure in killing, nor any such menial task." He intoned emotionlessly, stepping forward with his hand poised to grab Parasite if the creature decided to attack, "It is simply a necessary part of what we do here." 

IC(Ismekne): "Then what do you take pleasure in, robot?" Ismekne said. "That goes for you too, virus cloud, who did try to kill me, you liar." 

IC Serena / Containment Center

Inside the room with Ismekne, Snese and Hive, the wall beside the door began to glow red hot. A toa sized section of it entering a solidus state with alarming speed. Said section was promptly kicked across the room by an enormously strong, enormously heat resistant and surprisingly small foot.

"They like boring things, like experiments!" The pint sized war cultist waltzed in through the molten entrance. Ismekne might not know, but she was essentially the little sister of the cult, kind of like Nisadeff. Except more fixated on blood and tough fights and stronger opponents, not quite so edgy. Which might explain the reactions she expected from the boring experimenting-people-virus-cloud-robot-things, those of consternation and not again.

The Ga-Toa might now notice a similarly deformed patch of wall on the other side of the door, like it had been kicked in in a similar manner.

"What're you two up to?"

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

IC: Somnus

An open rebellion against the Herald, the one appointed by the Gods?

You refuse to stand for this.

... actually, you don't really care. Because you're not actually Somnus, just a person reading this weirdly phrased post all you want to do is sleep.

But duty calls...

Raising your arm, a Sleep Rhotuka shoots out towards the rebellious Le-Toa.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Snese opened his toothy maw for a suitably snarky explanation, only to be cut off by the hiss of melting metal. Even before the impromptu door burst open, he was groaning inside. "Serena," he said with an incredibly forced paternal tone. "What the Karz do you think you're doing here?"

IC: Zakaro (Engineering, with Virse)

"Not at all," he replied warmly, almost seeming to smile. He didn't, though. Not yet. There would be time later for smiling, now was not the time. 

The Onu-Toa strode over to the set-up of the various tables and grills and such assortments, glancing things over before selecting a baked pohato and adding on some of the various spices. Adding a water bottle and half of a loaf of bread to his plate, he nodded towards the Steltian in charge in gratitude before stepping back and waiting for Virse, taking a bite out of his bread while he waited.

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

"I 'unno. Hevias-sama wasn't doing much, it was boring." She jerked a thumb towards the crippled Ga-Toa behind the pair, "you guys are better about capturing people. The louses in the Spine just drop boulders on 'em. B o r i n g ~"

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

IC: Virse - Engineering Sector

It had been weeks since she was taken from the desolate deserts, and still Virse couldn't believe how much food they had here. And this was their rations. She tried to hold back as she selected something that she couldn't name, and yet smelled delicious, before following Zakaro back. "I guess even the food changed when we crashed," she observed softly.

"I'm trying to capture her, if these imbeciles would give me a moment's peace," Snese snapped, waving at his companions, the "army" outside, and even the mercifully unconscious patients. He didn't indicate Serena, but the idea was obviously implied.

IC(Ismekne): "Snese, you really shouldn't use that expression, considering we're right in the middle of Karzanhi," Ismekne said with a grin. "You can blame Hive for the reason I'm not quite happy to go a few rounds." she said, addressing Selena. "Busted arm."

"Which means I have to go all the way back to the Bionifight facility and get treatment for the blasted thing, which I have to admit, is really boring. But if you join me, there's some pretty sweet medical tech down there. And a bunch of fighters to pick a sparring match with. Or kill them. Or experiment on them. That might just brighten up your day." As she talked, she was forming a waterspout under Hive, which she expected him to move away from. But it would be fun to bust a hole in the roof anyway...

"Really, Snese, you couldn't capture me if I fell in your lap. The only one who really has caused trouble for me is Hive."

Edited by fishers64

"I'll be really quiet and stay out of the way then, okay?"

She also called up a lava blockade in the doorway and improvised doorway, feeling a little bad she'd made trouble for Snese-san and that she might as well bar the Ga-Toa's escape

OOC: I was posting this as you posted Fishers, so let's assume this is between Snese and Ismekne's last posts, since it doesn't directly affect either of you

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

It was disappointing that, despite his best efforts to appear intimidating (though the transparent skin and virus cloud helped), his "captive" still found the nerve to poke fun at him. Keeping her alive was seeming less and less attractive. "I do hope you can fix that later," he sighed to Serena as his eyes followed the progress of her lava. "The Herald is just outside, and this one has given me enough of a mess to clean up.

IC: Taurus

"Let's go then!" He said, holding up the palm. A rhotuka spinner emerged, hitting a target up front. This Toa, or something similar, stumbled, and several others tripped on him. Wasn't much, but it helped. He readied his sword as the rest of the wave approached.

IC: Draco

"Fine. But I won't serve you. Only help." Draco said. He was not some slave to be controlled! He was the angel of the Makuta! Their messenger, their servant, their warrior. Hopefully, this one would not try. Judging by the smoothness of their words, they probably were used to being in charge. After all, the only other being who could speak like that was a Makuta.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne released the waterspout. Whether the Ga-Toa could actually see the thing, thanks to the lava, whether Hive was standing over it, and whether the whole thing would turn into a hot steam bath instead of the ceiling-punching force she had intended are all things that will be decided by other posters following...

IC Parasite:

Ignored.

Unseen.

behind.

open. exposed. unwitting. ripereadyinfectinfectinfectinfect.

FEED.

LEAPING STRETCHING STRIKING BURROWING INFECTING KILLING SLICING TEARING.

Parasite leapt, eerily silent from behind Iskmene, Bone sword extended, ready to stab deep into her unprotected back.

ready to rend her apart, ready to consume, ready to infect her cells with its own, to add her knowledge to its own to add her power to its own.

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - A.D.

The single Skakdi (because "they" and "them" are sometimes used to refer to a single individual of unknown gender) awoke, glaring at the dragon.

"Why would you wake me up?" they asked.

GM IC: HOST - CONTROL ROOM

"I will have you know that you have missed our conversation entirely," the Host said to Ganesh. "You have clearly missed part where I noted defeating the cult and saving the facility, both of which must be done if we are to all escape!"

GM IC: CAPTAIN TRONAMEG - MUAKA'S DEN

From his seated position, the Po-Matoran glanced around the common area, spotting a prisoner he did not recognize (Vinra) lying on a couch not too far away. 

Well, even a conversation with one of the latest poor chaps to be brought here would advance the plot.

Hopefully.

Walking over, Tronameg poked the being in the shoulder.

"Aye, laddy, don' mind if I ask who ya are? Where ya migh' be from?"

GM IC: CASTLE FO KURU

Aiolos saw the Rhotuka fired from Somnus coming out of the corner of his eye and ducked underneath it, shooting a glare over at the Cultist.

"Mind yourself," he warned. "I might be forgiving now, but I won't tolerate betrayal once I'm in charge."

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU

It did not appear that there was anything else for him to do here - it was high time he returned to his castle.

The thought sent a shiver up his spine. Both fear and anticipation.

Kale Ironshaper- Engineering Sector

IC: Kale watched Kopen leave. While he did not want to hurt her feelings at all he was busy talking about some rather important things.

Tenjou will take care of her.

Turning back to Dreisen, Kale spoke. "Some of our people are about to head on a scouting mission to some sort of prison in the Spine. I'm sure that we could share any information gathered gathered once they make it back. Although to be honest I'm somewhat iffy about the amount of damage you could do with the amount of people you have at your disposal."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Antiro - Wailing Cliffs

"What do you think?" I asked quietly, not wanting to disturb ... well, whatever was out here. "Worth investigating?"

IC: Falcon - Wailing Cliffs.

"Well, there's not much else out here...." I replied, "So I'm going to say yes." 

Unbeknownst to the others, Dayeth would be affected by the powers of the Gem of Fear, but... not in the way they would expect. While she did feel the fear within her increasing, she would also find herself somewhat immune to its debilitating effect; she could feel the power building within her once more, waiting for her to use it. The presence within her mind seemed to empower her at the same time.

IC: Dayeth - City of Fear.

It was all starting to make sense. The presence in her mind.... the voice in her head.... her strange new control over fear... it was all the Fear Gem. For some reason, it had chosen her. 

She didn't move, didn't react, just let the fear build inside her. When the time was right, she would release it - all of it - right into Aolios. 

IC: [Olari - Engineering Exterior]

"At the moment the team consists of myself, the Rahkshi Xara, Virse and hopefully Toa Zakaro. Can we count you in as well?"

IC: The Puppetmaster - Outside Facility.

He sighed. "Very well." 

IC: [Jorth - Training]

"I'll settle for awe-inspired. Unless you're a vegan its been me padding out the surviving rations for the last couple of weeks," Jorth puffed his chest out in a parody of pride, "There's been fewer grumbling bellies thanks to me and my meat."

IC: Miril - Training Sector.

"So wait.... all the food we've been eating.... it came from you?" I wasn't sure how to feel about that. 

IC(Ismekne): "Then what do you take pleasure in, robot?" Ismekne said. "That goes for you too, virus cloud, who did try to kill me, you liar." 

IC: Hive - Containment Centre.

"You answered your own question, Toa." he replied almost smugly. "I'm a robot - an AI. Pleasure isn't part of my programmed algorithm." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"I had a bad feeling you were going to say that," I lamented.

We continued walking, rows of tombstones and packs of mausoleums passing by on either side of us. My gaze kept flicking to the sky, checking the sun's progress and mentally trying to gauge how much time they'd need to make a getaway from this place. 

Maybe it because I was so focused on the sun that it took me so long to notice how building--

"Is that place ... it's made out of bones," I whispered. "Bones and cloth."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Not exactly the best building materials," I replied, trying to lighten the tension, "I guess we should try to find a way in." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vinra - The Muaka's Den

"Huh?"

Vinra jolted upright from the couch. she didn't remember falling asleep on the couch. Huh. Oh well. She rubbed her head, and looked down at the Po-Matoran, a quizzical look in her eye. "Could you say that again? I don't think I caught what you said."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

I was half-way ready to suggest just hacking our way through the walls, but something gave me the feeling that something as gloriously straight-forward as that wouldn't work here. Instead, I just nodded and continued creeping forward, eyes peeled for anything even remotely threatening ... or undead ... or, God forbid, both.

"We should probably keep clear of the big glass patio, too," I said, pointing to the part of the building closest to the cliff's edge.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

GM IC: CITY OF FEAR - DIO FOLLE

Dio Folle would see the charred corpses of several Matoran as they walked through the room. The bodies were still smoking, and voices could be heard from a hole in the ceiling to the far right.

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

"Keep it smaller and the enemy is less likely to notice you," Dreisen replied, shrugging. "It worked for Vertak and I in the past. Granted, he always had a bit of an... unfair advantage, but still. I'm about as confident as I can get, which is to say I remain thoroughly pessimistic about our entire situation."

He paused.

"I'd be up for a meet up to exchange info later, though. It'd be useful, although arranging a time is going to be rather difficult. I have no idea how long this 'quest' of mine will take."

He then turned to Krayn with a single derisive snort.

"I might work for the Host, but if you think I'm doing it willingly, you're entirely mistaken," he snapped. "If I could end Bionifight, I would. But until now, killing the Host or the Queen was next to impossible, if it was ever possible at all. We need the Host alive until we've returned the facility to... well...."

He trailed off, his anger cooling somewhat as he became somewhat perplexed, realizing that he had no idea where the facility had been located before Landfall. Shrugging, he continued (more calmly this time): "well, wherever it was. From there, do what you want; we kill the Host, get back to our own dimensions, and live our lives out someplace that doesn't yank you out of your life without warning to participate in a tournament centered around killing your fellow contestants."

Tronameg frowned as he stared down at the Vortixx.

He had the rather curious feeling that, by spotting said Vortixx sleeping on the couch, he may have actually unintentionally re-written reality.

Unfortunately, he had no method of testing this theory. Continuing the conversation would have to suffice.

"I asked where ya migh' be from, lass," he replied. "An' your name migh' be nice too. I myself am Captain Tronameg, Captain of the Valentine, legendary pirate and outlaw. Also now stuck in 'ere bein' a prisoner."

Edited by Lucina

"What kind of place is this?" he wondered as he edged closer to the structure. "These cultists really are crazy..." 

IC: Vinra

Okay, so I wasn't hallucinating. He definitely cannot speak well at all. Vinra cleared her throat, and stood up. "I am Vinra, the top hacker in Xia, and therefore, the top hacker in the entire Multiverse."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

GM IC: AIOLOS - CASTLE FO KURU

The Toa of Air frowned at Dayeth.

"You... are... unaffected?" he asked, sounding as though he was speaking more to himself than to her. "But... that isn't possible. I have used this on several servants already and they were all... what makes you so special?"

"Entire multiverse, eh?" the Po-Matoran asked. "Bol' claim. Gonna say tha' I don' believe ya, since it's kin'a not possible. Gotta be another o' ya ou' there."

Edited by Lucina

"I know, but.... a castle made of bones and cloth, with a glass porch...." he smirked, "....that's just ridiculous." 

IC: Dayeth - Castle Fo Kuru.

She said nothing, instead releasing the fear that had been building up inside of her - straight at Aolios. 

Kale Ironshaper- Engineering Sector

IC: "Why don't you come back here after finding all the gems you can. Even if none of us are here I'll make sure that there is a list of what we found."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Dio Folle

Corpses. She sighed quietly due to the voices. Why could she not have killed them? Granted, they were probably cultists... She wondered if she had some sort of route out. Knowing this place, though, probably not. Dio Folle turned around to confirm her suspicions...

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Zakaro (Engineering, with Virse)

"Indeed," he replied, pausing to speak before turning his attentions to the waiting pohato. After a few moments, the Onu-Toa turned back to Virse and spoke again. 

"We are lucky to have beings that can create food. Otherwise, we'd be left with rations and cans."

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Virse - Engineering Sector

"It's still better than what I had back home," Virse replied, "...when I had anything."

IC: Lady Dajik - Castle of Fear

...or perhaps not. The Lady Dajik began to wonder if it was too late to switch allegiances.

IC: Snese - Containment Center

Of course, Snese saw Parasite sneaking up behind his captive, but he was too tired of her to care. Maybe it would be best to get started on cleaning things while Parasite finished her off.

IC: Kopen - Training Sector

;Focus, Kopen.;

What does it look like I'm doing?

Tenjou was suspiciously silent as Kopen tried again to create just a simple beam of light. She could feel the light shining around her, but it stubbornly refused to bend. Kopen pushed a little harder...

;Watch that hut!;

What?!

Kopen's hand jerked skyward, bringing the focused laser beam with it, but not before the smell of burning wood filled the Training Sector.

If I was just a Toa of Fire, that would be easy to take care of. But no, I had to be a Toa of Karzin' Light!

;Patience, sister. You heard what Kale said. You aren't expected to be a master yet.;

No, of course not, Kopen snapped back. But then again, you could always see your element!

;You will learn. Being a Toa is not about seeing. Blindness has...;

Yeah, yeah, I'm tough and kind and no Karzin' good at controlling light!

Kopen flung her staff away from her and just listened to the soft ringing as it bounced across the Training Sector floor. For a moment, it felt good to imagine that gave her teacher pain after all she had caused. No amount of old Toa adages or cautions seemed to be helping. As excited as she had been to have this new power, now she saw the drudgery of learning it. And she was sure no one had learned to control light without seeing it.

;Kopen...?; Tenjou called, still linked to her mind despite the distance. Kopen didn't answer. She turned away from the staff and fell to the floor. ;Kopen,; Tenjou called again. Still no answer. Tenjou sighed. ;Yeah, maybe it's time for a break.;

Edited by Click

IC - Seven - Containment Center:

"One of Maeus' lot," Seven replied to the being that had just showed up, grinning his trademark grin. "Things were getting a little dull back there, so I thought I'd see what I might find around here to do. Maybe sneak around a bit, try and frighten some of your, ah... 'patients', you know." Truth be told, he hadn't really expected to see some random thing show up and try to spook him. So, no doubt, he looked slightly surprised.

It would really only be realistic for somebody who was that which Seven was pretending to be to be surprised as well, however, so he'd just cleverly lie his way out of everything and head on back.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

-==IC: Sairaus==-

Having already left the other group before the shenanigans had started, Sairaus walked further into the room with Seven in there. "Maeus's group?" Sairaus repeated in confusion, as while her face was neutral, her oddly distorted voice showing her distrust in what was said. "That doesn't sound right..." The group tended to leave Sairaus and her... 'friends' alone. But, maybe if he was a new recruit, he hadn't figured it out, yet.

IC - Seven - Containment Center:

"Now, where else might a visage like mine belong?" Seven asked, gesturing to himself, and his still grinning face. "Yes, I'm with Maeus." Then he took note of the distrust in Sairaus's voice, and affected an air of confusion. "Have I done something wrong?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

"Sounds like a plan," Dreisen replied, nodding to Kale. "Best of luck on your adventure. Try not to die."

He turned to XaerazZelnosVagust, and Daedalus.

"Alright, team. Let's head out."

He then started to walk away, so as to 'head out'.

"Whatever ya say," Tronameg replied, laughing and turning at the sound of Thak. "Aye, Skakdi. I once was a pirate, 'fore the Cult nabbed me. You?"

At first, Aiolos seemed to crumple under the attack; however, the Le-Toa quickly managed to activate the Gem of Fear again, seemingly quashing the power that Dayeth had unleashed. His eyes narrowed into slits as he observed her warily, opening his mouth to speak - 

- only to be interrupted by the arrival of a very familiar Skakdi.

Maeus fo Kuru stepped into view out of thin air, closing his eyes and shuddering with an expression of both fear and pleasure upon his face. He let out a shaking sigh, holding out his arms. After several seconds of silence, his arms fell back to his sides as he slowly opened his eyes, a sinister smile creeping onto his face as he turned on the spot, gazing at the fighters and cultists gathered.

"My, my, my, what a lovely welcoming party," he murmured. "I see that you have warmed my throne, Aiolos, and have even had dear Somnus with you to help guard the castle! It does not need it, but... the thought is... admired."

He turned to the fighters.

"Toa Dayeth, a Skrall, and... ah, the Lady Dajik herself. How lovely to meet you again, good Toa. But..." he frowned. The Matoran that had been gathered around a few moments before had vanished upon his arrival, and he tilted his head to the side, as though listening to a voice only he could hear. "...I... I see. Yes... yes... explain to me what is occurring, fighters, Aiolos, Somnus. I... I wish to know."

He shivered.

IC:

"... Why?" The ProtoToa asked, after a long pause.

IC:

"Te͢ļl me̛, E͟nf̕or͞cer, h͏ow ͢are̷ you̴ any bett̴er ̀th̸an̸ us͢?͜" The giant shifted to the left, Elly's blade nevertheless cutting a line out of it shoulder. It did not seem to feel any pain, however, and countered instantly by moving with all of the speed Caledfwlch permitted to slam its knee into her... A move eerily reminiscent of Noroi's own. "Enf́o͞rc͡e̢r͘ f̶o͘r̡ ̨the Hǫs͡t͢ ̧a̴n͞d ҉Qu͏een̷,͟ ki̧d̴n͡a͏p͢pe͏r҉s̷; ͠t҉h̡a̵t͝ p͜áir̛ o͢f ҉slav̀er̕ś, a͝nd̸ múrd̛ér̴ers. I͝ g͜u͞a̷rd ̴us, k̀e͞e͏p ̸us s̛a҉f̕e e͟ven҉ ̛i̕f͢ i̴t ͝li̸mit͜s our͜ freedom̛. Y̧ou f͏o͞rc͝e̛ cou͘nt͟leśs be̶i̵ngs̛ ̸t̀o fig̨ht ͢fo̕r̀ eǹte͡rta̛inmȩn͟t. ͜So͘ ̷t҉ell u͟s̡.̨.̧.͡ H҉ow ar̵e ͘yo̶u͘ b̸ett́er̛."

Its next words were almost forlorn, depressed in tone... And exactly the same as Noroi's voice.

"How, Elly?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG