Poll: Do you WANT a G1-G2 connection?

This is not asking whether it WILL happen, but what you want to happen  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, even if means 'Gen 2' is in a different dimension to 'Gen 1'.

I actually thought about that the other day, that Vezon could use his new Olmak powers to escape the Insane Great Being's fortress along with the rest of its occupants, and then have them appear in the 'Gen 2' dimension, Okoto or otherwise.

Or, if there's a 'Gen 2' Takanuva, he could be one of the 100 kidnapped by Tridax to be drained of light, and then rescued by the 'Gen 2' Tahu, Kopaka etc. before he can be locked up.

• Upvote 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'm sure we already did this poll, but OK.

Personally, it makes no narrative sense to try and attach a 10-year epic with conflicting story details and a vast open world of its own to a smaller, more streamlined revision thereof. The only reason it would be done would be fanservice, and there simply aren't that many G1 bionicle fans in the world to justify risking the uncomplicated nature of G2 by opening it to the Kudzu that was G1's storyline at the end. Connecting the two generations would bring only confusion, dissatisfaction and a hijacking of G2's story to finish G1.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I said no.

Honestly, this new story just doesn't feel like it's trying as much as Ninjago or anything else. It had tons of potential going into it, but then as we got closer to 2016, I realized the story wasn't really aiming to be great, and the sets weren't holding up either. As such, I feel that it would be a seriously huge step down to connect the two. I mean, a VERY distant alternate dimension would be acceptable, but I'd rather they stay separate overall.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Eh, I could just say I don't care, but there's more to it, really. With that, I actually lean more towards 'no.'

The two generations have different set-aesthetic styles and different storytelling styles; One's long and complex, while the other is so far short and simpler. To me, merging the two is unnecessary and may result in a mess.

Please respect other people and their voting decisions. Leave the flame throwers at home. Please do not kill each other. 

GO VOTE! and discuss responsibly. 

Fine, I will instead bring hither my naval roman fire thrower! HYAAH!!

RM-54-084_1.jpg?osCsid=429524693dd0a03b5

Now seriously, my answer is no. If Lego finds a way to bridge them, it had better be well written and logical; otherwise their established universes would negatively clash and be confusing, and it would be a stupid move.

• Upvote 5

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

No. G1's story is mostly finished (except for the plots that Greg wrote with no payment from The Lego Company) & there is nothing to be gained from reviving it & connecting it to G2, so why should there be a link between the two?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

In my opinion, Strong No, unless it were in an alternate dimension.

So far, G2 has seemed... half hearted at best. Why would you want to spoil your memories of G1 characters by having them involved in a boring plot for G2 (if it came to that).

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

I voted "no". I don't really want there to be a connection. The main reason I didn't pick "strong no" is that certain types of connections, like an isolated crossover event or a mere allusion to the existence of other Bionicle universes, probably wouldn't ruin the story for me. But a connection that inextricably tied the two continuities together or made them utterly reliant on each other would be a bad move in my eyes.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't care.

Yes, I know that's the popular opinion these days, but I just really don't. I'd prefer re-styled characters showing up in this, as if it is a retelling of the older story, but with much difference in the actual plot. I would love to see G2 Zaktan and the Piraka, but I don't want them mentioning Voya Nui or Vezon.

I voted neutral, because as much as it may bring to the story, it may also take away. It could also be difficult to pull off in a way that might feel cheap, though with that said if they do it and do it well then I'd be totally happy and on board.

As of now, I'm mostly happy Bionicle's back and am excited to see where they take the story next!

I went with "no". I would not be entirely opposed to a connection. But if LEGO did go that route I'd want it to be handled VERY delicately. Perhaps I should have gone with "neutral", since I'm certainly OK with either possibility, but it's not like I don't care at all one way or the other. I definitely think there are more ways that linking the generations could go wrong than keeping them separate. Keep them separate, and the worst case scenario is that one generation won't live up to the other. Link them, and you run the risk of sabotaging either or both generations. Once they're linked that's not something that can be easily undone.

A lot of the "connections" I've heard other BZPower members propose involve things like gratuitous and out-of-nowhere cameos from characters like Vezon, making one generation the future of the other, etc. — things that I think would make it hard not to confuse newer fans or do a disservice to one or both generations.

I'm working on a short story right now that demonstrates one possible connection that I don't think would be too confusing or introduce too much baggage. Not the only way I think it could be handled, mind you. Not even necessarily the best way. But one that I think would manage not to confuse new fans too much or alienate older fans.

Edited by Aanchir

Strong yes.

I don't care how subtle or vague the connection is, but I would love to see more references or easter eggs connecting it to gen 1.

The fact that there appears to be similarity between the Vahi and the gen 2 Mask of Time intrigues me, and I hope to see some cross time/universe/dimension stuff.

It would be cool if the gen 1 Takanuva could pop by during his dimensional travels be once again the 7th Toa. I'm sure they could do it without confusing those who've never heard of gen 1 (the arrival of the 6 Toa on Okoto wasn't exactly well explained, but people got the point, right?)

Vezon or Brutaka would be great as well, but it might be little more difficult to do.

• Upvote 2

I'm indifferent leaning towards no.  Many other posters have echoed my feelings. But there is one addition I would make.  Parts of G1 were good, but it was wildly inconsistent and as an overall whole below average.

I'd be more open for spiritual successors rather than a direct connection.  I'd like to follow one characters growth into a hero like Vakama's journey but I don't need another Vakama set to be happy.  I'd like treacherous villains like the Piraka or the Barraki than Makuta being the source of all evil.  I'd like to see the tribes working together as in the Bara Magna storyline, but all that can be done without trying to connect the two generations.

After all, how many themes have Lego recycled that didn't need any explanation.  Like the way Nexo Knight references the Castle themes that have come before without being overt about it.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Yeah I fall in the "neutral" camp with an inclination towards no. There would have to be a Really good reason to link G1-G2 together on an official level.

Now I like creating G1-G2 stories for fun; but that is my own Fanon, my own creation. But every fanon thing I have seen so far (be it my own or someone else's) really ruins a lot of what G2 has going for it by trying to shoehorn G1 into it.

Besides I have mentioned in other posts that Lego's target audience doesn't know what happened in G1. Do we really want every 7 year old to read pages of BS01 just to understand G2?

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I went with neutral, but only because Lego would have to handle it very carefully if they did so.

I don't want it to be some sort of direct sequel, something like Okoto is really Spherus Magna a bajillion years into the future, or something cheesy/cheap like that. But rather, if they did do some sort of connection, it would be some sort of subtle nod to the past, something like "...A mystical portal opened in front of the 6 Toa. On the other, they could see 6 other beings, different, yet strangely familiar. The portal then snapped closed..."  

(With that said, I find that the current story team's use of the Vahi to be really irritating to me. I mean, when it was just easter eggs in the animations, I was cool with that. But now, with the 'canon(?)' appearance of the G2 Mask of Time actually being the G1 Mask of Time (a prototype at that), and that that represents the top half of the mask just.....urghh.....sorry, rambling at this point...)

So, I suppose, all that said, that would make me a 'no' instead of a 'neutral', but meh. I suppose it really depends on your definition of 'connection'.

(And don't get the wrong impression. Despite what I said above, I still enjoy the current storyline, and am looking forward to seeing where the story goes. It's just...well see above.)

• Upvote 1

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

The best way for everyone to be happy would be a simple thing said that gave G1 fans a fact that the two stories are connected but at the same time there plot lines are completely separate.

Here an idea how it could work.

Lets say were in the fire village of Okoto. The small protector child gose up to the leading Protector and ask him to tell him a story or something along those lines.

The Protector deside to tell him there creation story.

This what he may say.

"Many years ago long before Okoto was formed. A great God came to a lifeless world and defeated a great evil so he could breath life to the world. He gave are ancestors the healed world and then left us for he saw that we had no more need for him."

A nice little thing like this could do the trick.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I voted for a Strong Yes.

Even if these two universes are different (which I believe them to be, not sure how they could be in anyway the same) I would still like them to be connected in some way, though be it in a way that doesn't clash or start any problems on either side. Something that, if say for example the Toa in G2 are the same as G1, an answer like that would be viable for me to believe and run with. And, personally it seems that they're going down that path. Though some have said that I read to much into it, I say they shouldn't judge me when they haven't questioned it themselves, or at least haven't made it clear that they ever did or not. In anycase, I want there to be a connection, direct, indirect, I don't care. As long as there is some viable, logical, and nonconflicting way that these could be and or are connected, I'll be happy.

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I don't care how subtle or vague the connection is, but I would love to see more references or easter eggs connecting it to gen 1.

Um, a reference is not a connection.

Yes, I'd love to see some of the old villains placed in here, but that doesn't mean they're the exact same villains.

• Upvote 3

Um, a reference is not a connection.

Yes, I'd love to see some of the old villains placed in here, but that doesn't mean they're the exact same villains.

I took "connection" to mean any sort of link between gen 1 and 2.

Regardless, my opinion is the same. I would like to see anything from vague references to concrete links between the storylines.

• Upvote 1

I am both for and against a connection on one hand a connection would be great and i would love to see it play out with all my favorite characters and getting (hopefully) a proper end. On the other hand this is a new line the story needs to not have any drawn out connections and it needs room to breathe and develop before we get a connection. 

• Upvote 1

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

I am both for and against a connection on one hand a connection would be great and i would love to see it play out with all my favorite characters and getting (hopefully) a proper end. On the other hand this is a new line the story needs to not have any drawn out connections and it needs room to breathe and develop before we get a connection.

Well said.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Sure, but it's not a dealbreaker. I don't need some whole crazy reveal, but a connection like the Mask of Time or alt dimension is fine with me.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell